The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

My greetings to all.

I, Sir Jorokar Sladrir, as Governor of Troll's Bane, demand a meeting with the Council of the Magic Academy. Any person or persons who are able and in position to take decisions should make themselves present for the meeting. There is one concern, of which I will not mention publicly, that needs discussion.

If a meeting is seen to be hard to successfully hold, refer to me the right person to send a letter to, where I shall jot down my concerns.

Good day to all.
~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Governor of Troll's Bane
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Greetings Sir Jorokar Sladir,

I would ask you to send us a date for that meeting. I'm sure that each council member will try to come to that meeting.

You can send the dove to me or each other council member. He or she will let the other members know the date of your choice.

With kind regards
~Kadiya Artaliar~
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Sir Jorokar Sladir,

I shall do my best to make myself available for this meeting. Please contact us when you would like this meeting.

Zhambra with You,
Eli Travinus
stetson

Post by stetson »

name:Grevous Maltric

race:human.

age-25

mage/battlemage:battlemage

old langue/new langue:new langue

personal remarks:I have been looking for a magic teacher for a long time
and i would love to have one to master the art of magic.[/quote]
Last edited by stetson on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

A formal parchment is attached to the board, the writing only slightly smudged at the end of it by a very small finger print definitely not an adult's, the top corner of the parchment is severely crinkled as if grabbed and pulled.

I have an opening for a mage student, if interested please send me a dove describing why you are interested then we can try to meet and discuss it more.

Sincerely,
Kaila Travinus

Whispering to the baby in her arms with just a slight giggle "you are getting stronger Darren!" she quickly walks away not looking back at the note posted.
stetson

i have sent you a dove.

Post by stetson »

I have sent you a dove conserning my teaching please contact me.
congrats on the new baby.

~~Grevous maltric~~
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

My name is Tyler Ardson, and I have arrived back in Troll's Bane after a lengthy travel abroad. I am a former student of the old Academy, that was bringing back the lost art of magicks. (Or, this same Academy when it first started) I mastered the Ancient language, but soon had to leave and my training was interrupted.

I clearly speak the new language, and am a human of 25 years.
Aldan Vian

Application

Post by Aldan Vian »

Name:Aldan Vian
-
Race:Elf
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage:Mage
-
Personal Remarks:I would like to apply to the magic academy because I am willing to devote my life to the study of magic and the arcane.Must speak new language.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Name:
Arricus

Race:
Elf

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Old Language/New Language:
New Language

Personal Remarks:
I shall be a devoted student and wont rest until i've learned all 20 Runes.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Brian wrote:Personal Remarks:
I shall be a devoted student and wont rest until i've learned all 20 Runes.
There's 28. 20 is the minimum needed to become a teacher.

~W.E~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Not to add that the mere possession of the runes don't automaticly make a teacher out of you.

~Pellandria~
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Are any teachers even accepting new students?

As I said, I am a former student of the Academy before I left to travel the world a bit, and find it annoying that no one has even said a word about accepting a new student since my posting days ago, and other magelings have asked as well for a teacher.

Tyler Ardson
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

There's a maximum of 3 students per teacher, and assuming we teach them till they are ready to become teachers as quickly as possible, it still takes 10 dwarven weeks to complete the training of them. Stop being so impatient; you just moved right down my list of priorities for one.

~W.E~
Shaadow

Post by Shaadow »

Name: Shikla Aldo

Race:Pure Elf

Mage/Battle Mage: Mage

Language: New Language

Personal Remarks: Hello, If accepted into the Magic Academy, I will dedicate my life in this world to the protection and study of Magic. I will do anything i am told by my teacher and/or elder. I will pledge my service to the Magic Academy.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Attention All,

I wish to know if any of the following are still waiting for teachers: Khaine Darkmoon, Aindreas Lasair, Istolla Z'Vier, Zeddicus su'Zanderfall, Josefa Unfrey, Maia Mesmerich, Dronrul Berokar, Ceylin, Zzesskan, and Turwinkle. If any of you are still interested in pursuing the path of the Arcane send me a dove. This is not for an apprenticeship but a check to see if you all are still interested. If you do not send me a dove within 10 dwarven days you will be removed from our internal boards to make room for available apprentices.

With Kind Regards,
Eli Travinus
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

100 Years is not enough, you aren't a full grown elf yet, come back later and apply to our grandsons and granddaugthers in around 80 years.

~Pellandria~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Nah, 60.

~W.E~
Matron

Post by Matron »

~Some parchments were attached to the gates and doors and even onto several walls of the academy~

If those of you who actually are in the academy every now and then won't start to close the doors after you walked through them I will start to hide animals in your beds,
The Janitor
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To All Applicants:

For all those that have posted prior to the 6th page requesting a teacher I ask that you will send me a dove of your post if you are still pursuing the Arcane. It might sound harsh but all the senseless postings, like this one, have covered up some of the applicants so much that I dont feel like wasting an entire three days sorting it. These are the following pages that will not be included on our internal boards unless you send me a dove with a copy of your post.

Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Page Four
Page Five

If you find your application within these five pages please send me a dove with an "exact" copy. Then I will add you to our internal boards according.

Zhambra with you all,
Eli Travinus
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm sorry but i dont quite understand what a dove is.
I would be grateful if you could clarify this.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila holding her baby on her shoulder stops to look at the door of the academy and with ears slightly pink walks away mumbling something about having to check the bed.

((a dove is sending a PM in the forum..PS, the newbie forum can help with questions))
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

There is an unsigned note attached:

"This request has been replaced."
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

517 years is quiete much for an lizard, I even fear far too much, the might of the ancient power could shred your body and mind apart as soon as you might receive a rune, I doubt someone would take the risk of teaching such an old body something.

~Pellandria~
Vadon Dren

Post by Vadon Dren »

Application for an apprenticeship

Name: Vadon Dren

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Languages: Old and new language equally

Personal remarks: Dear lords and ladies,

you should know that I have only just arrived on this island. I came here from the mainlands, where some stories about your academy are told.
During the rather short time of my life I have yet traveled a lot and know most of the theory of our world. I am looking for the deeper knowledge now.
I hope you will accept my application and I am looking forward to meeting you and visiting your academy.

best regards, Vadon Dren.
Shaadow

Post by Shaadow »

so you are saying i cannot be a mage because im young?!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

And illiterate.

~W.E~
Shaadow

Post by Shaadow »

Name: Leonidas Aldo

Race: human

Mage/battlemage: Mage

Personal Remarks:
I dedicate my life to the study of magic.
Last edited by Shaadow on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

Written neatly, in red ink. Perhaps it is crushed berry juices, some form of clay, but on second-glance it could be seen that it might be written in some kind of blood.

I am Astar Caldean. I have had the opportunity to meet a few of the members of this academy, and I wish to apply for acceptance into the academy.

I was born to two humans, therefore I am also human. I am also a male. I have been in this hell called life for forty years, yet I have only just arrived to Troll's Bane.

As I am uneducated in the ways of magic, and I do not know the difference of Mage, and Battlemage, I will pursue either. If Battlemage implies I should be able to wield a blade, and am comfortable in heavy armor, then I shall become a Battlemage, though I shall pursue either.

I solely speak the New Language.

As a personal remark, I would like to assume that you shall not deny me apprenticeship because of past actions I had committed in a far-away land, as one of your tenants reads "3.To offer a neutral and free apprenticeship to new mages." I hope this is truly a neutral apprenticeship.

Sincerely,
Astar Caldean
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You don't have to underline important details, we're all capable of reading.

~W.E~

p.s. Pessimist.
Shaadow

Post by Shaadow »

Dont forget mine its at the top.