A message posted outside Silverbrand and at The Fluffy Sheep

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

A message posted outside Silverbrand and at The Fluffy Sheep

Post by Juniper Onyx »

((Intended for english speaking dwarves only))

~Written in 'New' Dwarvish~

Speakers of the New Language!

Are you tired of trying to enter Silverbrand, and not being able to find anyone who will accept you, much less understand them?

Are you tired of hiding from the rest of the World under an Oppressive Monarch, who rarely grants citizenship?

Are you tired of finding the halls of Silverbrand always empty, and locked to you?

New Dwarves Unite!

I seek others who feel as I. Others who would like a place for New Dwarves to assemble, trade and make peace with the 'overworld'. I seek others to join me to create a new Dwarvish Kingdom! One that is free and open to all, as long as they speak the new tongue! One that is not afraid by hiding beneath mountain's of rock, but living in the overworld in huts of stone, open to visitors and traders. Being part of Gobaith, not buried beneath it!

Who's with me!

~Chester Copperpot, esquire
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Meh nub dwarf bud meh wund ta join joo. Joo acgebt meh orc?

-Rogruk!
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

When Andril sees the note on the tavern, he pulls it down, immediately. He grumbles:"Now they advertise an competing Kingdom in my tavern? Never ever!"
A few minutes later he sticks a new note at the Sheep on which everyone, who understand the dwarfen language can read:

Brothers an' Sisters!

Forget the profane words of the other dwarf!

Silverbrand is the home of all dwarfes, speaker of the new language aswell as speakers of the old one.

You complain about finding noone who can put you under the citizen oath?
Come to me, Andril!

You complain about our king?
Did you ever meet him or did you only hear longlegs, longears or pignoses talking about him? King Thorwald is the greatest king the citizens of Silverbrand could think about! Everyone who says something else will have to persuade me by the sharpness of his axe!

You complain about our politic?
Then think about what the longlegs, longears, fishfaces or pignoses ever did for us! Only very rare ones can call themselves friend of the dwarfes, why should we come up then?

You complain about the empty, locked town?
Why do you wonder? If every unhappy person founds a new Kingdom, its logical that Silverbrand is empty! The town is locked to you? By Irmoroms Beard then come to me, swear the citizen oath and get you key!

Every real dwarfes feels it in his heard: Silverbrand is the home of Gobiaths' Dwarfes!

All dwarfes who join this "new empire" are nothing but race treators and I swear by my honor as keeper of the faith of Irmorom, that I'll hunt every treator down!

Hail Silverbrand!
Hail King Thorwald!
Hail Irmorom!

~Andril

With a quite angry expression, Andril went behind the bar again.
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

((really sry bout ooc, but to Senrin: Please dont try to ruin this, as its litteraly impossible to play a dwarf if you dont speak german... This is abig problem, that might now be solved. Either that or get a king who speaks both english and german))
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

((is cromwell able to speak german? Anyway, from what the first post sais about how the "new" dwarves will live, it's allready clear that it won't be dwarves. We will have human dwarves then besides the human elves, halflings, orcs and lizards we allready have.))
Thorwald

Post by Thorwald »

((so die letzten Texte in Klammern .
Der Standpunkt des Königs sollte er demnächst irgendwann von seinen Reisen zurückkehren ist der :
Silberbrand würde die Gründung einer Englischsprachigen Stadt begrüßen und irgend möglich unterstützen .
Sich als Englischsprachiger Zwerg in Silberbrand aufzuhalten und dort zu leben ist so gut wie nicht möglich , da das Leben in Silberbrand komplett in Deutsch stattfindet . Das betrifft das Reden in der Stadt selbst als auch die Forumsbeiträge .
Andril will oder wollte mit seinem Schreiben denk ich nur den König schützen .
Aber wie gesagt ich würde alle Versuche den Englischsprachigen zwergen eine Stadt zu bauen unterstützen wo es nur geht , weil dadurch sicher mehr Spieler und vor allem mehr Zwerge im Spiel wären .
Und nichts geht über mehr Zwerge im Spiel ;) ))
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

i will translate that. king thorwald writes:

((the point of view of the king, when he comes back from his journey, is as follows:
silberbrand would wellcome the founding of an englishspeaking town and would further it as good as possible.
to be in silberbrand and live there as an english spaeking dwarf is nearly impossible, because the whole life in silberbrand is played in german.
as well the actual play in the town, as the forum posts.
Andril just wants or wanted to protect the king with his writing.
but, as mentioned I would aid where ever possible all intents of english speaking dwarves to build a town, because it would bring more players and specially more dwarves to the game.
And nothing goes above having more dwarves in the game.))
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

((
Hello!

May I ask a mod to split the OOC-part from the RPG-part and move it to another section of the board? Thank you very much in advance.

With kind regards
))
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Cuthalion wrote:((really sry bout ooc, but to Senrin: Please dont try to ruin this, as its litteraly impossible to play a dwarf if you dont speak german... This is abig problem, that might now be solved. Either that or get a king who speaks both english and german))
((It's OK, he's just defending the King and his town, but he doesn't reeally understand how hard it has been to play an english-speaking dwarf. I have witnessed several try and leave from frustration. I have tried twice myself, to no avail.))
Korm wrote:((the point of view of the king, when he comes back from his journey, is as follows:
silberbrand would wellcome the founding of an englishspeaking town and would further it as good as possible.
to be in silberbrand and live there as an english spaeking dwarf is nearly impossible, because the whole life in silberbrand is played in german.
as well the actual play in the town, as the forum posts.
Andril just wants or wanted to protect the king with his writing.
but, as mentioned I would aid where ever possible all intents of english speaking dwarves to build a town, because it would bring more players and specially more dwarves to the game.
And nothing goes above having more dwarves in the game.))
((Thanks Korm for translating. Yes, a place that is accesible for english dwarves would be acceptable too, but it would be resolved IG with the King when he returns. I'll try to speak to him when he returns, The point of this post was to see if there were enough english speakers to even try. We'll see. Thanks. Let's stop OOC now please.))

((Can a mod take the OOC parts of this and put them in a new thread in 'Player's forum? Thanks))
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Under the cover of darkness, the original post is pasted onto the wall outside the Fluffy Sheep
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

more translation:

juniper schreibt:
(( ja, auch ein platz der fuer englische zwerge zugaenglich ist, waere auch akzeptabel, aber dies wird IG mit dem koenig geklaert werden, wenn er zurueck ist. ich werde versuchen, mit ihm zu sprechen, wenn er wieder kommt. Der grund des beitrages war, herauszufinden, ob es genug englisch sprechende [zwerge] gibt, um es ueberhaupt zu versuchen. wir werden sehen. danke. lasst uns mit ooc nun aufhoeren))

((kann ein moderator die ooc teile dieses themas nehmen und in ein neues thema im spieler forum schieben? danke))
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

((
Juniper Onyx wrote:
Cuthalion wrote:((really sry bout ooc, but to Senrin: Please dont try to ruin this, as its litteraly impossible to play a dwarf if you dont speak german... This is abig problem, that might now be solved. Either that or get a king who speaks both english and german))
((It's OK, he's just defending the King and his town, but he doesn't reeally understand how hard it has been to play an english-speaking dwarf. I have witnessed several try and leave from frustration. I have tried twice myself, to no avail.))
mhh it's just a relative bad idea to leave such a note on the wall of the Fluffy Sheep, because it's logical that Andril would react to it...
Anyway if you want so I can ignore the new post... ))
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

start over, without brackets!

____

Fangt nochmal an, ohne klammern.