Announcements of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

"Lord" Cromwell,

The sole man of the council does not agree with your so called title nor your choice for a Chancellor of Trolls Bane. I find it upsetting that you would not consult your council, as that is what a council is supposed to do. Silas Farron deserves absolutely no respect as he was part of Caelum when they attacked Bane, then again, so was dear Cromwell. Once again Caelum seems to rule Bane, only this time they were elected.

I know exactly why Jorokar quit. It is due to the insolence of our govenour who places a criminal and a member of the temple as the head guard. A criminal who is more than willing to allow his friend Richard Martins attack a fellow guard. A criminal who allows his friends to get away without jail time. Is this who you wish for as captain of the guard?! Crime rate may have dropped, but now the criminals are running the stystem.

You are a fool, Cromwell. In your egotistical rage you are blinded by all things which could truely cause you harm. I will have no more of your stupidity.

I, Sir Dantagon Marescot of Gobaith, Warrior of Bragon, hereby regect our terms which place you as govenour of Trolls Bane. I do not care if you threaten me with assassination again. I do not care if your goverment falls. I resign as council man and I resign as commander of your non existant milita.

Go ahead Cromwell, remove half of your citizen list, remove all of it! No one is interested in working as a milita-man or woman. No one is interested in doing what you command. Go ahead and see how much control you have over your goverment. You have none.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Warrior of Bragon
True Govenour of Trolls Bane
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

The document you signed/verbally agreed to is legal binding and you can't go back on your word/signature. Though I dislike some of the things he has done thus far, he shall be the governor until there is a election or someone tries to attack the town as Caelum did. I am still a Town Guard, if I find that any Knight or page of your Knighthood is causing an uproar while we are trying to stop this "gorf" I will see to it that they are dealt with swiftly.

Thank you,
Julius Rothman - Town Guard
Owner of the Arena!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Umm.. Dantagon, I hate to break it to you, but you're not the true governor of Troll's Bane. In fact, if Fooser wasn't in the running, I'd bet my wand you'd have lost direly.

Regardless, you seem to feel indisposable and irreplaceable. Do not be so confident in your abilities; noone is so.

Edward Cromwell is the legitimate leader of Troll's Bane as voted BY THE CITIZENS. If now you complain, this is noone's fault but your own; he has stuck to his claims. If criminals are running the town, it gives them something productive to do; STOPPING other crime, instead of causing it. I do not personally feel this is a bad thing. Troll's Bane is a mightier nation than it ever was before; this is a bad thing?

Silas Farron is a very wise and intelligent person; I know this from first hand experience. Why is it a bad thing to have such a person as an authority figure in Bane, especially as he is very competent in battle as well as in political thinking. Just because you never gave him a chance, doesn't mean he would be unfit for such a role. As you said, Cromwell aided in the Caelum war; he still got voted in by the citizens and runs the town properly; too much freedom was given before, which made people think crime was okay. Dictatorships are generally a good way to run a system, and Cromwell is running Troll's Bane just fine. If he puts Silas in a position of authority, you should respect that as a citizen of the town, not whinge about it.

~W.E~
Dantagon Marescot

There is a ripped document placed in a leather pouch which is held up by the parchment with a dagger. If one shall look closely they can find a signature of both Edward Cromwell and Dantagon Marescot. Under the dagger there is a single piece of parchment, it reads:

Sign or assassination
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

To say that he blackmailed you with a assassination method is far from the truth. I was in the Tavern the day that you made the agreement for a short period of time. You were smiling and going over terms of the deal. The deal involved you becoming leader of the militia and the Knighthood having a stronger presence in Troll's Bane. I know for a fact that you didn't hand over your half of government because of assassination. The document you provided above will be accepted as forgery and upon speaking to the governor, you shall see the consequences soon enough.

On a side note, dear Warrior of Bragon, True Governor, and Knight of Gobaith (you could easily put false in front of each of these titles), why are you stirring up trouble as the Isle prepares for war against a foe mightier then anything it has ever seen. The isle calls for peace and companionship to defeat a great monster that has awaken from it's slumber, and our so called warrior of Peace and Knight of our lands wishes to make a political battle and perhaps a war? Maybe this can wait, Dantagon?

Julius Rothman - Town Guard
Owner of the Arena!
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Half of this island needs to die already; this demon is only helping with that.

~Unsigned~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The Governor of Trollsbane, looking like ((1103)) attacked an elfess named Saeliah to the point of near death. I, Shingo, witnessed all of it. He was also with the elf named Avalyon. What kind of town is run like this?

Shingo~
Julius

Post by Julius »

The description of the governor you gave is not what he looks like. Avalyon will receive a dove on this matter though.

Julius
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Several other witnesses were there to confirm it was in fact the Governor. Banduck being one. However, he denied all charges, yet whispered "I win" in my ear when no one else could hear.

Shingo~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The man you described was Dain Laiden.

~W.E~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Then I can think of nothing else other then it was set up for this to happen exactly as it did. My apologies to the Governor.

Shingo~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

This seems like a lot of nonsense considering there is currently a great danger to all of us. I guess if someone wished to destroy Trolls Bane they would enter the town to a bunch of bickering fools.

F
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Dantagon, upon reading your lovely document, well.. I haven't laughed so much in a VERY long time.

~Dominic Fisher
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I for one think Mister Cormwell's doings are fine,
Crime rate has dropped, which everyone complained of, that problem solved.

Endless discussing and getting nothing done, solved.

So what if not everyone has their say?
It works, it has been proven that if everyone has, it doesn't work.

Signed:
A man with a pointy hat
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I am wondering what Governor Cromwell and his minions are doing for the city the last weeks now. The tax income must be huge, but nothing is spent yet nor was the income published...

unsignend
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

Richard Martins was found slain after his Amok running in the city of Trolls Bane.

Let us spend a minute in silence together
for his poor soul, and let his death be a call
for peace among our own lines.

~signed~

Nirundar,
Priest of Malachin
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

AN ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to the strange events currently and the spotting of demons a few days ago:

From this moment on, Trollsbane is declared a fortress city and it welcomes everyone (regardless of past deeds or conduct) to participate in the defence of the city and those inside. All banishments are cancelled for the time being. Everyone who doesn't cause trouble or attempt to disturb the united defence is welcomed with open arms. Martial law is declared and any disturbance or disobedience will be immediately punishable by death, no questions asked. Everyone is expected to contribute in defence of themselves and others, according to their best ability.

Governor of Trollsbane
Lord Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

The Martial law is still in place. All those who cannot defend themselves are encouraged to stay safe and be careful, possibly even leave the town as it may be under an imminent threat. All others are encouraged to stay vigilant at all times. Any irregularities are to be reported to the governor immediately.

Additonally, the Guard is hiring both seasoned and fresh recruits.

Governor of Trollsbane
Lord Cromwell
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I, Evan Ross, am willing to place my life on the line for the safety of others. I wish to join the guard for the time being.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Yer Grace the Lord Cromwell, I wanna' join the guard 'cause I love yer town an' I see it as my duty as a cit'zen to uphold yer laws, yer honour. I 'ave no past fightin' skill or 'owt, but I'm willin' to be trained if yer let me so I can try an' 'elp yer town, yer grace.

Thankin' yer fer yer judgement yer Lordship,

~Rolfe Yeoman
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Self-thinkers and tools,
Friends and foes,
And anyone else whom it may concern;

I am overjoyed to announce that I shall be resigning from my duties as your benevolent Governor. Why would I do such a thing? Simply because I feel that I have better things to do that to govern the town. More productive ways to channel my energy. The city proper has been record safe, yet mostly outsiders still complain that they have deal with past troublemakers. I have done nothing criminal under my rule, but still it seems that people attempt to pin any disturbance or crime on me personally. This all, as if I was some great puppeteer, mind-controlling a horde of mindless zombies who cause trouble in other towns so my rule would have the little challenge it would otherwise lack from the incompetent, agressive and troublemaking leadership of the surrounding groups. Of course, it is natural for some of the numbskulls to think of any wit or talent to be godsend, but sadly I must inform you that I've had nothing to do with attacks against anyone. Of course, the few actual citizens shall probably be sad that the town will fall into complete chaos again, but the outsiders are simply happy if it is Trollsbane which is unsafe again and not their precious towns. The pityful leaders of other groups constantly tried plot against me, betrayed holy vows and tried to overthrow me in fright, in a vain attempt to compensate for their glaring and complete lack of political savvy, ability and will to change things.. I can only wish the inhabitants of this island good luck. I might not have been the nicest of all rulers, but at least I was honest about it. I will take this opportunity to congratulate both Amras of Greenbriar and Jarl Kormsen of Nordmark, for they alone stood out as able leaders of towns other than myself. My congratulations, you both will go far.

My duties as the governor, as well as all the necessary funds and resources of the town shall be transferred over to High Judge Fooser. Out of all the inhabitants of the island, he by far the most experienced and capable of all the possible candidates. I shall to give him no instructions on how he should govern the loyal citizens of Trollsbane, but still want to use this opportunity to wish him luck due to the bastardly neighbours the town has. He will need luck while performing his duties.

Some of you might be asking "what shall Cromwell do now?"
One thing is for certain; I won't be concerning myself with the worries of you peasants. Maybe I'll entertain myself by picking up some craft or then I just spend my days writing angry columns for the Gobiath Courant (should they be willing publish them) in which I shall be letting the lot of you to know exactly what I think about you. Furthermore, I am not interested in staying in Trollsbane at the moment, but will rather retire in somewhere away from the center until the dust settles. All this and getting married with Ashayen shall be more than enough to keep me occupied. As for the wedding itself which I am happy to announce, it is very safe to say that most of you tools reading this are not invited.

With kind and caring regards,
Lord Cromwell
The former Governor of Trollsbane
Dantagon Marescot

Ex-governor Cromwell,
People of Trolls Bane,

First off, the knighthood would like to congratulate Edward Cromwell on his coming marriage to Ashayen. May they live many long and happy years together.

Second, seeing as there is a sudden emigration from Trolls Bane and possibly even Gobaith, the Knights of Gobaith shall be returning to Trolls Bane to help keep order. We will not impose any new laws or punishments, but instead attempt to keep order in Trolls Bane. If Judge Fooser has any ideas on how we could do this the best, I ask that he recommends them. If there is no longer a captain of the guard in Trolls Bane, we shall intervene and help train the guard. Though in no means will we be in control of them.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dame Ayla To’lorn
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I suppose someone should call an election?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I guess Fooser should take over as High Judge, no?

~W.E~
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I must say I'm much upset by this 'ere resignation...but I suppose it's a gov'nors right to depose o' 'imself...

Best o' luck fer the future sire,

~Rolfe Yeoman
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

be greeted, Mr. Cromwell!

allthough i have not been very lucky, with your politics, (as you should have noticed by my slow answering of letters)
i wish you as person good luck, and may your marriage hold longer than your dictatorship!

tjalf of nordmark
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Thank you for your time Cromwell, I trust that the baseless claims against you are false, and I hope you find happiness.

That being said, I'm not hear to trick or play games with anyone. We will try to fix as much as we can, and then elections will be re-opened (sooner rather than later, but as for a date I cannot give one)

On the schedule for the time being:
-Judge and Captain replacement, and some slight restructuring of the town guard
-Deal with some diplomatic/law issues
-Talk with the knights and anyone else who requests to

This will all be happening shortly, ((my comp's wireless card broke, so I won't be IG today, but hopefully tonight or tomorrow))

Fooser
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Taliss Kazzxs has express renewed interest in being Captain, and will be so once he formally accepts.

F
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Can women be elected to official posts?
If so, I'd nominate Fianna to be a judge. She is by far one of the fairest and most patient people I ever met in Troll's Bane. Always eager to help, thinking about others ahead of herself, always patient and pays attention to logic and details. I've known her as a law abiding, respectful, polite and merciful person, and she always sees good things in people. She has a rare gift to forgive before condemning.
Konrad.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I accept the position and shall do all in my power to serve and again lead the town guard. With these recent changes may we mark the day that light again resides in the fine city of Trollsbane.

~Taliss Kazzxs