Announcements of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

"Piggy" isn't a name.

~W.E~
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Yes, it is. Mine.

And Elderberry is even worse than Strawberry.

Oink
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

The Guard of Trollsbane is now hiring! Decent pay, good advancement opportunities and continuous employement are offered for all suitable individuals.

Governor Cromwell
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Ah, how the despot seeks control through subserviant soldiers to enforce his whims...

~Unsigned.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Banduk Robberhauf was rightfully given back the priviledges of citizenship. We apologise for the inconvenience.

The terms of service for the Mercenaries were clarified. A new rank (War-wizard/Healer) was added to highlight the fact that Trollsbane also welcomes those who have other talents than just using the sword.

The Gobaith Fighting Tournament will be used as opportunity to hire more people in to the guard! Those who prove their talent or who show a great deal of potential will be given the opportunity to skip the recruit-phase entirely, should they enlist!

Governor Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

The laws of Trollsbane have been updated.
Read them here

I expect all those who visit the town to know the laws. From now on, ignorance is no longer an excuse.

Governor Cromwell
Sirana Telligan

Post by Sirana Telligan »

Is that so? So you see it as a crime if somebody isn't able to know the laws because one isn't able to read them, since they are only written in the new language?

~ A wanderer
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Yes, of course.

It is separately listed as a serious crime. Failure to speak the new language.

Or not. Of course, if you are so concerned about that.. Perhaps you could translate them? No? I thought so.

Lord Cromwell
Sirana Telligan

Post by Sirana Telligan »

What kind of governor are you at all?
I’m just a simple wanderer. But if you call yourself a governor, it’s your job to find a translator, isn’t it? Didn’t you search for a scholar, not long ago? Isn’t he able to do that for you?
May the Five bless the poor citizens and visitors of Trolls Bane!

~ A wanderer
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Felicitations fair wanderer to the great city of TrollsBane,

In your attempt to circumvent Laws, edicts, proposals and policies of the elected Governor and his government in the establishment of the City operations through legislative action, you have ensured a sufficient slandering of justly intended individuals simply because they fail to provide you with the necessary circumventions?

The Legislation communicated by the Governor is quite plain in manner and speech, lacking sufficient requirement to be practically expounded upon by this humble literary servant. Government, by it's very nature of it's influence upon the populace, maintains a social contract with them, bound by natural law of men and nations. Should the populace feel overpowered, oppressed, violated, dismissed or otherwise infringed, the social contract binding those individuals to the influence of the Government becomes voided, nullified and otherwise severed.

Obviously the order of succession of the current Government and its operations of the Great City of TrollsBane has not broken this 'unwritten' contract among the populace it influences, and is therefore considered coherent, competent and most of all, Rightful. Therefore your inabilty, failure and otherwise incomplete understanding of the Laws illustrated so plainly in the communications from the Governor, necessitates the question of motivation, sedition and otherwise treasonous activities, statements or intent upon a sovereign, legally binding and otherwise rightful Government.

In this view, opinion and literal illustration, one can only conclude that objections to the current Governor's Laws, rightfully elected and maintained in trusteeship of the Great City of Trollsbane, must be considered of ulterior motivations and are therefore deemed unworthy of a dignified response.

Sincerely and humbly submitted, with tidings of a prosperous rendezvous,
~Professor Perrilynn Appalachia Primrose Asmurf
Scholar of TrollsBane
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Greetings, Governor Cromwell!

The murdered Governor Siltaris was defamed by some people of abusing tax money. So I am wondering when you will tell your citizens how much tax money you earn and for what you spend it...

unsigned
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Here a list of the persons who murdered Siltaris,
according to the words of a person who was there.
Exept Deuce there are the same names as on the
list of Silverbrand.

Dominic Fisher
Griviak
Frederic Deuce
Aerdion

William Elderberry,
he left as the fight started, but provoked Siltaris before
and the murders were under his command.

Additional I want to say that it was quite easy to get
those informations, you can go and find them by yourself
if you don´t trust an unsigned post.

I hope you can understand why I don´t sign this paper.
Anyone who wants to know more, may send a message to the
dovecote of Varshikar with the codeword "dawn" on it.

~unsigned

((pm me, the right char will open it))
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Murders were under my command? 3 fighters who bear no relevance to me and my friend would kill someone because I tell them to? And I did not provoke her at all; I was passing through Troll's Bane to get to the graveyard when Siltaris came and drew arms on us, so stop speaking such rubbish.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

To the unsigned writer, in regards to the taxes.

Should a citizen inquire me of the usage of taxes, I might even give an answer. Of course, as the question is raised by an unsigned person, I do not feel compelled to give a more constructive answer. Let it just be known, that the money is rigorously counted and kept in the books. In the case the unsigned writer was insinuating that would embezzle money, there is no need for that as I do not have an expensive property to maintain.

Regards
Governor Cromwell
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Well, Governor, because you prefer to avoid answering such important questions, although asked by an anonymous person, I as a citizen (for now) am asking you the same.

Governor Siltaris published the taxes, why didn't you do that?
How much money and goods has the city, on which the citizens can count in times of perils?

-Midrusio

PS: And what are the actions you will do to punish the now known murderers of Siltaris?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Siltaris oh sweet Siltaris,
What a fuss ye have made,
Are you proud of yourself?
Siltaris, whom I come to hate

Your death does not bother me,
At the very least, I would've wanted to be
There, there to see, there to see how ye
Died, died in pain and utmost misery.

Why do all you people care?
What makes her more grand,
than a bloodily skinned hare?
I want to say this... and...
Never care!

-A voice flown by
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Miklorius wrote: PS: And what are the actions you will do to punish the now known murderers of Siltaris?
Where was this crime committed?

F
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Fooser wrote:Where was this crime committed?

F
I think, a righteous governor should punish those who murdered his legal predecessor!

-Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I've been hearing it was done outside the walls somewhere, correct me if I am wrong. But if this is the case, it has been the policy of the town for most of its existence to only be responsible for crimes that happen inside the walls. It would be quite tough for Trolls Bane to be responsible for every brawl that breaks out everywhere else.

F
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

High Judge Fooser, your motivation to hold up the law seems quite low...

As everybody knows, Troll's Bane's borders are beyond the town walls - so when a citizen is slaughtered just after leaving the city itself, no official will help or punish the criminals? Good to know...

-Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Perhaps someone can give a full public account of what happened then?

F
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Midrusio,

The inventory of all the goods of trollsbane was not left by the previous government, and due to the erratic manner in which they were stored, the up-to-date inventory will take some time to appear.

As for the taxes, I am the governor. I make the necessary economical decisions and deal with the money involved. As we have been threatened with war very lately, it would be unwise to publish any such information which reveals the assets or lackthereof of trollsbane at such time. It may be, that the practice of Siltaris will be continued in the future.

As for the death of Siltaris:

Because it is impossible to get any sense of those anonymous hints and blaming that happen constantly, the following people:

Aeridor

..Are all suspected for the Murder of Siltaris and are expected to cooperate fully with the investigation and to turn themselves in very soon. Failure to do so may lead to issuing of arrest-orders for such uncooperative individuals.

All those who hold an official position within Trollsbane are expected to given their most honest and true cooperation with the investigation. For the time being, they are entitled for their positions and the related benefits. They are expected to turn themselves in for an interrogation.

Regards
Governor Cromwell
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I think this ((150...)) may be the elf "Avalyon el'Hattar", which would explain where he's been all this time.

I will happily cooperate with the Troll's Bane government, as a resident.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

The Laws and related texts of Trollsbane have been translated into the old tongue by Kadiya, in Adjutor the Order of the Grey Light.

She shall be rewarded appropriately for her unrequested assistance, which is greatly appriciated.

Governor Cromwell
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I will speak to you in person on this matter. This is a insult to me and many others on that list, Edward. I thought better of you.

Julius Rothman
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Mr. Rothman,

It is obvious that not everyone on the list can be linked to the death of Siltaris, and the innocents such as yourself and I must simply cooperate if we wish to find out who committed this crime. You should be understanding of the situation, since obviously Governor Cromwell does not know which persons were present, as nor do myself or anyone who appears to have written about the matter on the boards either.

~W.E~
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The Governor is happy to accuse all and everyone of crimes...He scape-goats without care...

~Unsigned.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

bellringer wrote:The Governor is happy to accuse all and everyone of crimes...He scape-goats without care...

~Unsigned.
It appears everyone on Gobaith is quick to pin crimes on the innocent recently.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Instead of being jailed for the duration of the Investigation, Resident William Elderberry and Dominic Fisher have been given a temporary ban from all the other lands except Caelum and Greenbriar.

They shall take up the difficult task of aiding greenbriar to protect their cross in the case of an Drow incursion. This task is important for the survival of the entire island, as long as the 'ban' is in effect, the two stand under the protection of Trollsbane. The decision was reached in cooperation with Enwell van Illdoran from the Order of the Grey Light.

The City of Trollsbane considers Resident Elderberry and Mister Fisher guilty of no crime at this moment, and thanks them for their cooperation. We expect similar attitude and cooperation from others accused for the death of Siltaris.

Governor Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Dear citizens, residents, well-wishers, foam-mouthed idiots and anyone else who feels that this concerns him or her.

Investigation into the validity of the Siltaris-Testament

As promised by myself prior to the elections, the government shall look into the matters surrounding the testament. A meeting will be held in six dwarven days ((Fri. 19th)) to determine the validity of the testament left by Siltaris. The investigation will either decide for or against the legality of the testament, depending on the evidence presented to them. There will be no appeals allowed about the decision and the case will be closed once and for all.

Another parchment is pinned on the middle:
I, Jerimedes, hereby announce that I will accept the task of representing the will of Siltaris during the hearing and will provide the necessary documents to the Governor in seven dwarven days.

18th of Chos 22nd year,
~Jerimedes~
((The signature, as well as the message, are authentic))
The City of Trollsbane thanks Jerimedes for accepting the task, which he did in full knowledge of the burden and stress which the duty would give to him.

As the standard procedure, High Judge Fooser will represent the side of the City and pursue its interest in the matter.

Failure of either party to make an appearance or provide the necessary documents or claims to the investigators on the day of the hearing or before it will lead the Government to consider it as yield of claim.

Governor Cromwell