Elections of the Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Troll's Bane

Elections of the Governor of Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Citizens of Troll's Bane,

More than a year has passed since I was elected from you as Governor of this town.
Now, time has come to make new elections.

It will be up to you, citizens of Troll's Bane, to decide who shall be the next Governor of your town.

Until the ((9 Sept)) you will be able to nominate others or yourself as candidate for the Governor of Troll's Bane. Only citizens, who currently are written down on the list of citizens are allowed to become Governor. It is only those citizens as well who will be allowed to vote. The list is attached.
From the ((10-17 Sept)) candidates have time for peaceful election campaigns.
From the ((17-23 Sept)) all citizens of Troll's Bane will be able to give votes.

May the Five allow fair elections.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bürger Troll's Banes,

Mehr als ein Jahr ist vergangen, da ihr mich zu eurer Statthalterin gewählt habt.
Nun ist die Zeit der Neuwahl gekommen.

Ihr, Bürger der Stadt, seid es abermals, welcher die Entscheidung zu Teil wird, denjenigen zu wählen, welcher das kommende Jahr die Geschicke der Stadt leiten wird.

Bis zum ((9 Sept)) werdet ihr die Möglichkeit haben Kandidaten zu bennen, welche ihr als würdig erachtet dieses ehrenvolle und verantwortungsvolle Amt auszufüllen. Bedenkt, dass nur Bürger der Stadt das Amt des Statthalters ausfüllen dürfen, und nur jene Bürger, wessen Name an dem heutigen Tage auf der Bürgerliste steht. Selbige sind es auch, denen das Wahlrecht zuteil wird.
Von dem ((10-17 Sept)) wird den Kandidaten die Möglichkeit geboten sich im friedlichen Wahlkampf zu betätigen.
Von dem ((17-23 Sept)) werden schließlich die Wahlen selbst abgehalten.

Mögen die Fünf eine gerechte Wahl uns schenken.

~Siltaris~
Statthalterin Troll's Banes

Current nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

- Edward Cromwell
- Siltaris
- Arnok Marshun

List of Citizens of Troll’s Bane
Citizens

Achae Eanstray
Amroth Surion
Arnok Marshun
Ascius Dilcanius
Avain Defle
Bailey Thunnigan
Baldur de Vanrice
Banduk Robberhauf
Braydar Wolfstar
Callith
Coellus Andrinor
Dantagon Marescot
(Deuce) removed
Edward Cromwell
Eli Travinus
Eranduin Carras
Erasdor de Graffor
Eric Silverblade
Evan Ross
Farel Leonsepth
Fooser
Gildon de Vymont
Gwendolin Cad'ell
Harman Gaedon
Jorokar Sladrir
Kalaq Bladefall
(Kane Stirling) removed
Kenneth Ladrus
Lennier
Lithinia Mithrial
Lonfurd Brodem
(Magnus Magnol) removed
Marius Eisenhauer
Michael Isman
Midrusio
Padré Jonk
Quay Calimon
Revan Thorus
(Richard Martins) removed
Riyun
Rorak "Topf"
Samantha Meryadeles
Scott Wolf
Seran
Siltaris
Skaalib Drurr
Taliss Kazzxs
Taron
Valerin
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

~Nothing remains of this parchment~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Someone nominate Fooser.

~Unsigned~
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Are you to stand again, Siltaris?

Skaalib
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

My name is not on the list and I requested citizenship quite awhile ago:
(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... c&start=60 ))
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

A name was added to the citizen list.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I wish to be added to the list.

Brer Beothach
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

If anyone would nominate myself, I would stand again as candiate.

~Siltaris~
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Like written in the first parchment, there will be no more people added to the list of people who are allowed to vote. Though, if you can prove that you applied for citizenship before today, I will add your name.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I don't know why my name has been taken off! I've always been one!

TREASON I SAY!

Brer Beothach
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Your nescience proves that you do not care for town at all since more than a year. It is since then that people were asked to re-apply for citizenship to be allowed to vote for the former elections.

You had one year to prove that you are interested in policy of Troll's Bane. Now you have missed the chance to give your vote in this elections.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I've been away for a year, doing things more important! This is one big trick by the dirty politicians of trollsbane! I can see through your charades!

Brer Beothach!
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

As a former mage student of hers, I would like to point out that Samantha Meryadeles has left Gobiath.

Written in a handwriting not typical of her usual as if she has trouble writing, but the signature is legible enough to appear to be Kaila's

Kaila Galathil

(( edited for mummie writing ))
Last edited by Kaila Galathil Travinus on Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

This is definitely a move by our current Governor to stay in office. She only allows a few citizens, ones that would and will vote for her. I see no one on this list besides Fooser and yourself that are even possible of running a town. Holding it only to town citizens is absurd at best. On a side note, I am sure that I have sent you many doves requesting citizenship, do you still have those on record?

Julius Rothman
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

since when can mummies write?

unsigned
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Our current situation will not be tolerated! We can see through the veil that has been tossed over our heads while we have slept.

Brer Beothach the Astral Bard
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Kaila Galathil wrote:As a former mage student of hers, I would like to point out that Samantha Meryadeles has left Gobiath.

Kaila Galathil
This has not been written in William's normal handwriting; slightly larger and much scruffier.

No... really?! I wouldn't have realised if you hadn't pointed that out.

Julius, I suppose it is fair that Troll's Bane leader is elected by Troll's Bane people. Just because we're allowed to lounge around there doesn't mean that we have rights to vote for their leader.

However, I do not see why Siltaris would continue to stand. I suppose it's because she's never made a blunder like previous governors. This is mainly because she's never done anything; but I suppose the guard are happy to vote for her because she gives them money. I'll be amused to see what her 'campaign' is. I slightly recall banners in the middle of the shop saying, "Vote Siltaris", but I may be wrong.

Regardless, we shall see how this unravels.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The letter is written with spidery handwriting

I would like to nominate myself.

Edward Cromwell
Gwendolin Cad'ell

Post by Gwendolin Cad'ell »

Gwendolin approaches to the town board and takes a quick look over it, before taking notice of the parchment about the elections. She walks over to her depot, removing feather and ink from it, before writing neatly underneath the parchment:

"I nominate Siltaris,

Lady Gwendolin Cad'ell"

Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I Nominate Skaalib Drurr.

~Retlak
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Thank you very much, whoever you are, but I have no desire to be governor of Trollsbane this time around.

Skaalib
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Neither do I, though it is appreciated for those who still mention my name after all this time, the fact remains that with the current system, you are not citizens. It seems even if you do try and join the town you get scolded by the government. Just like any living creature, people on the top carry out acts of self preservation, just as the Trollsbane rulers have so bluntly and maliciously over the past months. The current system is nothing but one person on top, and a bunch of shills getting money and positions from said government. The citizen list is shaped and manipulated. In situations like this change is unlikely.

Some will say change is harmful anyways, and perhaps so, but stagnancy is harmful even beyond that. Just look at the history of the town and you can see this for yourself. I wonder if Siltaris will keep using the same arguments against opponents, such as "you don't care for the town" or "you haven't been around". You are now guilty of both of these charges, you turn away from the towns defense, you find guard captains from other towns rather than your own, and then they arent heard from again, your friend Samantha who helped with the last election [I assume youll be handling it personally this time?] has also left.

Care for ones town is measured by dissenting from things that hurt the town, and there isn't really much you can say that you have aided it in the past ... over a year now, since elections were delayed longer than they should have been. Will you now make the call to all your mindless officials who havent been seen in months to come back and save you?

I suggest all citizens look into Edward Cromwell, a fine man from the town who has the sensibility to clean some things up, and really cares about town security and prosperity. The arrow is notched in the bow, it's pointed directly at the head of Trolls Bane and everything decent it has stood for, support Mr. Cromwell, talk to everyone you know in town, and let's turn this thing around.

F
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I take it that Mr. Cromwell's campaign will be an, anyone but Siltaris type campaign then? Such campaigns can turn nasty. I personally do not think Siltaris has been a bad governor, just not very effective, and it is a difficult job. I would urge people not to vote for anyone just because they are your friend, as has happened previously, and is bound to happen again surely. Vote for whom you believe can be the best governor.

Skaalib
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Dear Fooser,

It is a pleasure to see that an old citizen is still around in town.
It is even more encouraging to see that you have learnt to write down arguments rich in content.

However, I guess there is no little need to explain that this is not the right time to discuss about such matters.

Currently, we are in the phase of nominations. Rebuild your power for the time when your voice is needed and wanted. Then I shall respond to your arguments. And you'll see that your argmuments might seem correct. Though from a wrong point of view.

~Siltaris~

*on the first page, two names have been scribbled down*
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I nominate Achae Eanstray for governor.

~Guard Evan Ross~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh, please tell me what point of view to use so I can nod my head like everyone else!

F
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

It is never a good time to point out the incontrovertible, which is what you make the government to be!

You'll never want fooser's input, nor anyone's who tells the same otherwise.

Brer Beothach
Farel Leonsepth

Post by Farel Leonsepth »

Edward Cromwell

Farel Leonsepth
Noon

Post by Noon »

I nominate Siltaris

Bailey Thunnigian
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The note is written with spidery handwriting

After carefully reviewing the citizenship list, I would first like to express my dissatisfaction in the arbitary way the list has been tailored by the current Establishments in an attempt to secure her re-election. Secondly, I would like to protest against the inclusion of certain so-called citizen, who in fact has been granted Citizenship against the laws of Trollsbane.
§1) Citizenship

a) Every upright person who is not member/citizen of another town and who is not wanted due to any criminal actions is able to become citizen of Troll’s Bane. Age, race and denomination (except heresy) of the person are irrelevant for gaining citizenship.
It has come to my knowledge that Taliss Kazzxs has a long standing affliation with Zzyathis and thus it has been impossible for our dear Governor to grant him citizenship without violating this law. As the law has been violated, his citizenship should be declared null and void. Whether this breach of law has been accidental or part of a plan where the governor installs foreigners that are loyal to her in the commanding positions of the town and grants them citizenship against the law, I leave for the constituency to decide. Personally, I think it is the latter as our Governor has not shown any particular loyalty for our hometown during her reign. I wouldn't be surprised if we were under the yoke of Varshikar or Zzyathis by the end of the month.

Even if the Governor should choose to grant Taliss a special treatment in violation of the law, it does not change the fact that when the list was made, Taliss was not a legal citizen of Trollsbane and thus is not eligible to vote in these elections under any circumstances. Whether or not this debacle affects the ability of Taliss to perform his duties as the Lieutenant of the Guard should also come under a strict review. He has declared open support for Siltaris, and also told me that he would "encourage" others to vote against me (not that anyone in their right mind would expect a truly impartial guard, mind you). Considering how he boasts with his physical prowess, this has some serious implications and I hope all Citizens stay vigilant in his presence.

As I have made this revelation, I'm certain that the guard will harass me or frame and accuse me for some crimes in order to remove another dissenting voice. Siltaris might be good for Zzyathis, but is she really good for Trollsbane?

Sincerely yours

A Concerned Citizen
Governatorial Candidate

E. Cromwell