"Hope" Cathedral ((English und Deutsch))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tuatha De Oldrann

"Hope" Cathedral ((English und Deutsch))

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

((Deutsch ist die Nexte post))

~A Bulletin Board is erected near the Ancient Cemetary~

The Guild of the "Church of Gobaith" hereby claims this Cemetary and the land around it as a province, which we shall call "Haven". With TrollsBane's consent, it may even become part of their provinces.

We intend to contain the 'undead' here below by building a public Grand Cathedral, dedicated to the Five Elder Gods, and maintaining the Graves of those in the cemetary. Anyone will still be able to visit the Graves of course, and the Cathedral shall be open to all of faith.
        • ~Hope Cathedral~
The “Church of Gobaith” needs your help for an immense Cathedral we wish to build for all people of Gobaith, public and open to all. Gobaith means Hope in the ancient tongue, so we felt it was appropriate to name it “Hope Cathedral”. Hope for our friends, hope for our Cities and hope for the Island of Gobaith.

Cathedral of Gobaith - First Phase"Cloisters"
First floor surround the cemetary and has alcoves dedicated to each of the 11 younger Gods.
Second floor has a barracks, laboratory, and Library for working monks.

Silvers - 2105.00/ 200
Hammers - 390.8/ 0
Saws - 77.6/ 10
Shovels - 221/ 90
Stone Blocks - 31780/ 5500
Bricks - 2670/ 2560 - complete
Sand - 8840/ 0
Glass Ingots - 400/ 0
Pins - 3530/ 1535
Pins&Cotters - 2920/ 0
Buckets - 442/ 0
Logs-Naldor - 3840/ 0
Boards-Naldor - 990/ 0
Boards-Conifer - 1680/ 200
Boards-Apple - 4540/ 1365
Boards-Cherry - 785/ 50
Copper Ingots - 130/ 0
Red Cloth - 22/ 0
Green Cloth - 11/ 0
Blue Cloth - 25/ 0
White Cloth - 22/ 0
Thread - 8/ 8 - complete
Wool - 250/ 0
Long Wood Handles - 22/ 22 - complete
Red Dye - 12/ 0
Honey - 40/ 0
Scroll - 151/ 3
Empty Bottle - 20/ 0
Mortar - 4/ 0
Oil Lamp - 26/ 0

~The Plan~

The Blueprints:

The Timeline:
Olos, year 26 – Cornerstone ceremony: We gather in a Harvest Festival to lay the first stones of the Cathedral Cloisters, with a “Time Box” in which a personal item is placed for future generations.

Chos, year 26 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall build the first floor of the Cloister (Shrines and Offices)

Olos, year 27 – Harvest Festival: We gather to build the second floor of the Cloister (Monk’s Barracks, Study and Library).

Chos, year 27 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall dedicate the 11 Shrines to the Younger Gods.

Olos, year 28 – Harvest Festival: We gather to celebrate the Harvest, and begin work on the Cathedral proper (Porch, Nave, Aisles, Crossing).

Chos, year 28 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall build the Crypt and Chantry Chapel.

Olos, year 29 – Harvest Festival: We gather to celebrate the Harvest, and work on the Cathedral proper (Crossing, Choir, Sanctuary).

Chos, year 29 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall dedicate the Sanctuary to the 5 Elder Gods.

Olos, year 30 – Harvest Festival: We gather to celebrate the Harvest, and build the second level of the Cathedral (Paladin Barracks and Oratory).

Chos, year 30 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall dedicate the Oratory and Chantry Chapel.

Olos, year 31 – Harvest Festival: We gather to celebrate the Harvest, and work on the Cathedral proper (Towers).

Chos, year 31 – Requiem Ceremony: We gather to commemorate the dead and fallen heroes of ages past. Following, we shall dedicate the Cathedral and Cloisters.

How Can You Help!!!
1) Participate
2) Donate

~Participation~

#1 Participants who help build, will be placed on a pennant along the road to the Cathedral, like so:

#2 Participants will also receive a free Indulgence (See Services).

~Donations~
#1 Individuals may sponsor a pew (Row of Chairs): Sponsors will be noted on a pennant upon the wall by their pew, like so:

#2 Religious Guilds may sponsor an Office: The Cloister will have 3 small offices with depots just for a “Religious Guild” such as the Credii, Order of Grey Light, etc. to sponsor.

#3 Nobles may sponsor a “Mortual Room”: A private room in the Crypt for a Noble to be buried in.

#4 Non-Nobles may buy a Grave: Our Stone-cutters will inscribe a Headstone for yourself or a loved one in the Cemetary.

#5 Sponsor a Statue: Wealthy sponsors will be honored with a special statue made of them with their name and deeds inscribed upon it.

We hope all Gobaith can help and enjoy the fruits of this Cathedral. One Guild cannot, nor should not do this alone. It is for all you, and to all of you we plead. Help us!

In humble prayers,
~Elder Father Justin Nickov Thyme
"Church of Gobaith" // "Church of Hope"
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

~Ein-Anschlagbrett wird in der Nähe vom Alten Friedhof ~ aufgestellt

Die Innung der "Kirche von Gobaith" fordert hiermit den Friedhof und das Land darum als eine Provinz, die wir "Hafen" nennen werden. Mit der Zustimmung von TrollsBane kann es sogar ein Teil ihrer Provinzen werden.

Wir haben vor, die 'Untoten' hier unten zu enthalten, indem wir eine öffentliche großartige Kathedrale, gewidmet den Fünf Älteren Göttern bauen, und die Gräber von denjenigen die auf dem Friedhof liegen zu erhalten. Jeder wird natürlich noch im Stande sein, die Gräber zu besuchen, und die Kathedrale soll dem ganzen Glauben offen sein.
        • ~Hope Cathedral~
Die "Kirche von Gobaith" braucht Ihre Hilfe für den Bau einer gigantischen Kathedrale, die wir für alle Leute von Gobaith, Öffentlich und frei zugägnlich für alle. Gobaith bedeutet Hoffnung in der Ancient Sprache, so fanden wir, dass es passend wäre, es "Hoffnungskathedrale" zu nennen. Hoffnung für unsere Freunde, hoffen Sie auf unsere Städte und Hoffnung für die Insel von Gobaith.

~Der Plan ~

Die Entwürfe:

Die Zeitachse:
Die Zeitachse:
Olos, Jahr 26 - Grundstein-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns in einem Erntedankfest, um die ersten Steine der Kathedrale-Kloster, mit einem "Zeitkasten" zu legen, in den ein persönlicher Gegenstände für zukünftige Generationen gelegt wird.

Chos, Jahr 26 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir das Erdgeschoss des Klosters (Schreine und Büros) bauen

Olos, Jahr 27 - Erntedankfest: Wir versammeln uns, um den zweiten Stock des Klosters (die Baracken der Mönche, Studiebräume und Bibliothek) zu bauen.

Chos, Jahr 27 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir die 11 Schreine den Jüngeren Göttern weihen.

Olos, Jahr 28 - Erntedankfest: Wir versammeln uns, um die Ernte zu feiern, und Arbeit an der Kathedrale richtig (Vorhalle, Kirchenschiff, Gänge zu beginnen, sich Treffend).

Chos, Jahr 28 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir die Kapelle der Gruft und Stiftung von Seelenmessen bauen.

Olos, Jahr 29 - Erntedankfest: Wir versammeln uns, um die Ernte, und Arbeit an der Kathedrale richtig (die Überfahrt, Chor, Heiligtum) zu feiern.

Chos, Jahr 29 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir das Heiligtum den 5 Älteren Göttern weihen.

Olos, Jahr 30 - Erntedankfest: Wir versammeln uns, um die Ernte zu feiern, und das zweite Niveau der Kathedrale (Paladin-Baracken und Kapelle) zu bauen.

Chos, Jahr 30 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir die Kapelle der Redekunst und Stiftung von Seelenmessen widmen.

Olos, Jahr 31 - Erntedankfest: Wir versammeln uns, um die Ernte, und Arbeit an der Kathedrale richtig (Türme) zu feiern.

Chos, Jahr 31 - Toten-Zeremonie: Wir versammeln uns, um der toten und gefallenen Helden aus alten Zeiten zu gedenken. Anschließend werden wir die Kathedrale und Klöster weihen.

Wie Sie helfen können!!!

1) Mitwirken
2) Spenden

~Mitwirken ~

*1 Teilnehmer, die helfen zu bauen, werden auf einem Fähnchen der Straße entlang zur Kathedrale verewigt, wie auf dem Bild zu sehen:

*2 Teilnehmer werden auch eine freie Nachsicht erhalten (Sieh Dienstleistungen).

~Spenden ~
*1 Personen können eine Kirchenbank (Reihe von Stühlen) sponsern: Förderer werden auf einem Fähnchen auf die Wand durch ihre Kirchenbank verewigt, wie auf dem Bild zu sehen:

*2 Religiöse Innungen können ein Büro sponsern: Das Kloster wird 3 kleine Büros mit Depots nur für eine "Religiöse Innung" wie der Credii, Ordnung des Grauen Lichtes haben, usw. zu sponsern.

*3 Reiche können ein "Mortual Zimmer" sponsern: Ein privates Zimmer in der Gruft für einen Edelmann, der darin zu begraben ist.

*4 Nicht-Reiche können ein Grab kaufen: Unsere Steinschleifer werden einen Grabstein für sie oder einen geliebten im Friedhof einschreiben.

*5 Sponsern eine Bildsäule: Wohlhabende Förderer werden mit einer speziellen Bildsäule gemacht aus ihnen mit ihrem Namen und darauf eingeschriebenen Akten geehrt.

Wir hoffen, dass ganz Gobaith helfen wird und die Früchte dieser Kathedrale genießen wird. Eine Innung kann nicht, noch sollte nicht das allein tun. Es ist für alles für euch, und deshalb bitten wir sie alle flehend. Helfen Sie uns!

In bescheidenen Gebeten,
~Elder-Vater Justin Nickov Thyme
"Kirche von Gobaith" // "Kirche der Hoffnung"
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

If you build your cathedral on this place, an ancient ritual place of the uncalled "god", i will count you as followers of him and will deal with you like followers of him.

~Djironnyma
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

*a little note is pinned under the writ*

An other builidng very close to the Troll Woods.
A little part of the Troll Woods is now even "owned" by Troll's Bane.

Trolls are secluded beings, but if they feel that there forest is in danger, they are going to do everything to protect.
And it does not matter what you think about it. The trolls do not care for your opinion, just the forest is important to them.

May Ushara highlight you rescpect for her children

Merung Harbes
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

I am quite sure that the cemetery is dedicated to Cherga and the dead are there only to protect it from grave robbers and desecrators. The altar is in the middle of a ruined palace, protected by a lich warrior.

~ Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I'm not really surprised that you have no idea about what I've written el'Hattarr. The place I wrote about isn't in the graveyard. Isn't it amusing, that the well-educated "Lord" of the followers of the uncalled don't even know where his own ritual places are.

~Djironnyma
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

I'll tell you what amusing is, Djironnyma. Amusing is that a mage that used dark magic to be born in an undead body out of a woman, killing her in the process, dares to speak to me, about me being a so called follower of this "unspoken" god you are reffering to. Maybe, just maybe, you should have the decency to inform yourself better next time before running your mouth.
And yes, I do know what I am talking about, don't bother writing here that I do not know.
The man reffered about claiming the graveyard, so since you were not reffering to it, maybe you should keep your posts off this board.

Of course respectfully,
~ Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The fine difference between us two is, that I get my informations not from rumours. But well I will clear you up.

First point, please explain what you main with "dark magic". I will give you a basic lesson in thaumatology, it seems you need it.
Magic is the manipulation of arcane structures, using mana energy. That is ever the same. No different if you heal someone or kill someone. Magic or mana can't be dark or light, something like "dark magic" is nothing as superstitiousness. Magic can be so "dark" like a sword (what not mean that I think magic is like a sword). The question is not how you manipulate the arcane structures, only why. The reason why you cast can be "dark" or evil or whatever, but never the magic it self. And in the motivation to get healed from my injury to have no body I see no dark motivation.

Second point, i understand that you have no knowledge about ritualmagic, so you cant know that the volunteer woman, which help me by create my current body doesn't die. She live in Varshikar, all guests of the last celebrations in my castle, like the grey rose and much citizens of Varshikar know here.

Third point, you should learn to different between in the graveyard and near the graveyard. I have no problem with the Graveyard, only a place in the near on which the planned cathedral would be.

~Djironnyma
Tuatha De Oldrann

Lord Avalyon and Lord Djironnyma,

Please confine discussions of Magic elsewhere, it has no place in a discussion of a structure to the Gods. This is a religious matter, not magical.

Mana does not concern us, nor the Art of Thaumaturgy, onlt the litany and ritualistic appeal to appease, consecrate and dedicate this ground to the Five Elder Gods and honorable mention to the Younger ones too.

I am a priest of Cherga, there is no doubt and I say this with pride. The area below the cemetary is indeed dedicated to her, and shall remain so. There is no interference with this by the Cathedral above.

The Cathedral is meant as a mighty edifice to all the Gods, as like a capstone upon a pyramid. It 'Caps' the top of an active, and dangerous area of Gobaith.

This location is the best location possible because:
1) It is away from major roads
2) It does not take up valuable space in a city
3) It has been unused in a very long time and has been allowed to rot
4) It is unclaimed land by anyone
5) It has no value for any other purpose
6) The Cathedral's Shadow will not fall upon any useful areas.

Any other location would have disadvantages for all. If I felt there was a good reason not to build the Cathedral here, I wouldn't. However this "Him" Lord Djironnyma speaks of is long gone, his altar wiped away, and his followers dead or dying. Yes, I know of whom he speaks, and trust me, it is of no concern in this place anymore.

It is time to give up old legends and dead self-appointed Gods, and consecrate this place anew, to the proper Heirarchy of Gods, not heresy, and maintain some semblance of 'civilization' in that barren place.

I ask all of you to help us, to ensure we can do this for everyone. It will happen, the question is "Do you want to help, or hinder?"

In Humble prayers,
~Elder Father Thyme
Church of Gobaith
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Father Thyme.. i must congratulate you on this grand and brave enterprise you are attempting. I think your church is needed here on gobaith, and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way i can. Im not a particularly religious man, but i respect the five and i see this church restoring some sense of moral order and tranquility to the isle.

You have my sword, and my pick-axe.

~Gregory Hardcast
Tuatha De Oldrann

Gregory Hardcast wrote:Father Thyme.. i must congratulate you on this grand and brave enterprise you are attempting. I think your church is needed here on gobaith, and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way i can. Im not a particularly religious man, but i respect the five and i see this church restoring some sense of moral order and tranquility to the isle.

You have my sword, and my pick-axe.

~Gregory Hardcast
Thanks you Mr. Hardcast,

We shall need raw stones, and plenty. Do not discard these in your mining, but save them and bring them to me for this enterprise. That alone will help immensely! We shall need about 90,000 stones over the next 6 years.

Details will be coming shortly.

Many thanks!
~Father Thyme.
Tuatha De Oldrann

I have added the materials list for the cloisters to the first thread. There is much to do! Thank you.
~Father Thyme