In the tavern

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Wyrda

In the tavern

Post by Wyrda »

((open rp))

Dash was out. He hadn't been involved with any kind of thievery for a long time and he felt good.

Hey Borgate, I'll take another mead if ya don't mind.

I couldn't have even ordered a drink back then, had to keep my mind clear....

As Borgate handed him his goblet he started to wonder what would have happened if he really could have gotten the base going. Would that have boosted his business or would he still have been a joke? He couldn't help but notice the lack of fear that most people had towards thieves, bandits, and the like.

Don't they realize their lives are on the line? Are the so idiotic that a common carpenter would try to attack trained highwaymen and thieves? Gobiath is not full of the smartest...

He lost track of thought as he looked around the tavern for the first time. I need some real friends. I almost had some at one point...
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Post by Gwendolyne Rothaide »

Doyle walks by the tavern staying in the shadows as usual, just briefly glancing in the door but with a sudden stop, a smile spreads across her face at someone she sees inside. Keeping her head down she quickly backs up toward the shadows of the building watching the door and silently waiting for him to walk out.
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

Ravaelo stops suddenly as he walked in direction to the Tavern. The slightly hidden person in the shadow from the building -- Doyle ?

He haven't seen her a long time after this first talk, but he has thought about her, every now and then. A smile appears on his lips as he slowly and quiet steps nearer, bent his head toward her and whispering soft in her ear " Hey there. Hungry again ? "
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Appearing even thinner then before with some wear and tear of her clothes apparent, she quietly watches the man walk near assuming he was headed toward the door of the tavern. Doyle's eyes widen as he walks directly toward her instead and placing one hand on the hard stone of the wall as she puts one foot behind her preparing to turn and run, she stops to take a second glance at him. Doyle's face breaks out in a smile and looking up at him she no longer bothers to hide her appearance as she listens to his whisper and answers back. "Well, just a little tired of apples, but I hope to be getting more food soon". Licking her lips unconsciously, she glances again at the door of the tavern then turns back to him and leaning closer again whispers "I may have some work to do soon, but tell me, what have you been doing?"
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Dash looked toward the door as he heard first shuffling, then voices. He was too far away to be able to tell who's voices they belonged to but he continued to listen. Keeping his eyes toward the door he saw the silhouettes of two figures. Rather then walk out he looked back toward his goblet and took a long, deep swig.

I need... someone. This life... all my life I have been alone. When i led them i was even alone, they cared nothing for me. I can't...

Leaving his jumbled thoughts unfinished he finished off the rest of his drink and looked toward the ceiling, continuing to listen to the voices outside.
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

He follows her gaze into the tavern, catch a short glimpse of the man inside the room. Then he eyes her briefly, noticing her physical condition, her clothes.
Without any further word he open his bag and hands her out some food, cakes, ham and bread, still smiling. Also a bottle of mead follows before he looked again in her eyes, whispering an answer.

Probably we should go inside, rest, eat and drink. It seems this is your lucky day, Doyle. It's not necessary to do something stupid.. aye ? The man inside looks nice, so no fear, I'm with you and we can talk.
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Doyle's eyes widen staring briefly at the food held protectively in her arms then starting to take a bite she suddenly stops at his whisper, a look of consternation quickly coming over her face. Slowly and with great care she places the food in her bag, her stomach rumbling slightly as she whispers with some distraction "Oh, I know him....yes he is kind but I just am not too fond of the bright lights of the tavern". Doyle looks up into Ravaelo's eyes then away appearing to simply stare at the wall for a minute while her mind races then with eyes bright as if a decision has been made, she smiles up at him again. Stepping around him to quickly walk toward the door talking in a normal tone of voice "Alright, let's go inside" as she simultaneously removes her cap.

With a cascade of red slightly curly hair falling below her shoulders, she briefly hesitates at the threshold to the door of the tavern, she smiles a greeting to Dash then with a serious look briefly crossing her face she places her right hand to her body in front of her which should not be seen from behind as she points her finger up subtely shaking her head hoping he would understand "Hello, it is good to see you again". Turning to Ravaelo her head tilts slightly "I don't think you two know each other"
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Doyle? Is that Doyle? Wow, she was surprisingly prettier then he had remembered. What was that sign? She looked so serious suddenly but I don't understand, what is she trying to say?

"Doy...Doyle? How are you?"

He looked to the other man shaking his head slightly, "No I don't believe we have met."
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

A short, friendly smile appears as he facing the man.

Well, my name is Ravaelo. I see you both knew each other and it would be nice to know your name as well, Sir.

He lays his hand protective on Doyles shoulder, his dark eyes showing a warning and rather hard glint but he smiles still, waiting for an answer.
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Doyle smiles warmly at Dash with blue eyes sparkling at his surprised expression. She then silently watches Dash with brows raised questioningly still hoping he would know she did not want Ravaelo to be robbed. A small shiver runs through her when Ravaelo places his hand on her shoulder as if she was not used to someone touching her but she looks up at him with a surprised expression on her face before turning back to Dash. A small sigh escapes her lips as a jumble of thoughts and feelings seem to flicker across her face.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

((Too busy to go ingame but a quick post cant hurt))

Cris walked towards the tavern, yet another new coat on his back, his shadow of facial hair growing back, and his hood, as always, over his head, shadowing his face.

Seeing Doyle, he almost smirked, but noticed she was talking with others. One of them seemed familiar somehow, but he was sure he didn't know the man ((Dash) well, if at all. But something seemed familiar, definitely.

Rather than making himself obvious, he sat in a chair near the corner, figuring that if Doyle recognized him she'd come to him. He needed to speak to her. And a dove wouldn't cut it.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Fianna sits quietly in her favorite seat at the bar, running a finger absently around the rim of a glass of wine, not really drinking from it. She looks up hopefully at the sound of a familiar voice then shifts her attention back to her goblet when the strangers come into the tavern. She waits out the introductions, staying very quiet.

Tipping her head slightly to look up from her drink, she tries to catch Lucky's eye. She speaks very softly, not even sure if he can hear her. "I missed you, Lucky." Her gaze brushes past his waistband on its way back to the drink in front of her and she smiles to herself, falling quiet again.
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Glancing at the woman as she whispers something to Dash eyeing her belt as she usually does with strangers, a small sigh escapes her lips as she then turns slightly to take some food that Ravaelo gave her from the bag. Abruptly Doyle stops with her hand still in the bag as she stares at the corner of the tavern and taking one step closer while closing her bag, she then smiles as she finally sees who is there. Turning back to Dash, waiting for the introductions to be finished she then talks in a soft voice "If you will excuse me for a minute?". Doyle then turns to Ravaelo looking up at him while whispering "there is someone I need to talk to about some......." hesitates briefly on her words then continues "work we had planned".
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

Ravaelo pays his attention back to Doyle, still waiting for an answer from the man.
He withdraws his hand from her shoulder, inclines his head and looking in her blue eyes. He nods to her words slowly and examines the other peoples in the tavern after her words.

" Sure, *work* is necessary. I have no problem with your *business* Doyle" he whispers very quiet back to her, whilst his dark eyes sparkling slightly amused. He emphasized the words *work* and *bussines* in a sarcastic tone.

After his words he looks back to the man waiting again for his name.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen approached the door of the tavern, exhausted from the long walk through the forest she was going to get the key for her room. As she steps in she slowly lifts a brow as her gaze travels over all guests in the tavern. She narrows the brows then, slowly looking about the room, over all the new faces in a examining manner whilst her delicate fingers fumble with the doorknob, behind her back to close the door. Her curious looking eyes seems to stop as she faces "Fast Eddy", she hadn't seen him for quite a while and it wasn't someone she knew better, but it was good to see a familiar face again. The corners of her mouth raise slowly, revealing a very faint smile but that seems to grow broader and her strained facial features seem to relaxe as she notices Ravaelo as well. But she seems to hesitate, still standing right in front of the closed door, waiting and scanning the situation, staying quiet.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

"Lucky... I guess you can call me Lucky." Dash nodded a greeting to Ravaelo. "Pleasure... to meet you, how do you know..."

I missed you, Lucky.

Dash stopped mid-sentence and looked to Fianna, a broad smile coming to his face as he forgot the newly acquainted man.

"How are ya Dorth? I haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been? How is life treating you?"

Fianna had been as close a friend as Dash had ever had. His mixed emotions for her left him uneasy at times, but he hid it well enough. When he had caught her speaking about him to Dantagon, how she didn't trust him, he had felt betrayed... but was that betrayal not justified? He was, after all, untrustworthy. I will change that, I can do it.

He smiled genuinely at her.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

While still smiling at Fianna, Dash hears a click of a doorknob and looks up.

"Princess! I haven't seen you in even longer then I haven't seen Dorothy here! Have you spoken to our friend... hmm... what was his name? You know, the sketchy fellow, up to know good if you ask me...."

The corners of his mouth moved up into a bit of a sarcastic smile. He had always thoroughly enjoyed the company of 'princess' on the few occasions that they had talked. Her attire had always given the impression of royalty to him, as well as her better-then-you attitude she would occasionally show. These people... Doyle, Dorothy, and Princess... friends? Perhaps not, but they make damn fine company...
Gwendolyne Rothaide

Doyle blinks at Ravaelo's sarcastic tone of voice and a redness begins to show on her cheeks as he whispers. With a slow nod and a soft sigh of resignation as he turns back to Dash she whispers quietly possibly not even heard "I see" then softly with graceful steps she walks toward the corner of the tavern keeping her head down as was her habit, only pausing to nod briefly at the woman standing at the door before continueing on to the table. Quickly putting her cap back on and tucking her red hair inside, it would be hard to tell from a distance if she was a woman, or a boy with her baggy worn clothes. Doyle sits on the edge of the chair next to Cris as she smiles a greeting then with a quick glance back to Ravaelo, a slight sadness in her eye "possibly another time, another place, a different me", she turns to Cris while leaning one arm on the table whispering "It has been awhile since we talked, I haven't been able to use any of your advise yet though. Do you have something planned? Maybe something we can work on together?"
Last edited by Gwendolyne Rothaide on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen's eyes reveal an amused flicker when she listens to the words of "Eddy". She turns her gaze in a quick movement back to him, giving a light respectful nod before resting the eyes upon his face. She clears her throat quietly and answers with her clear and smooth voice which contains a tone of amusement "Good to see you, 'Eddy'. Where have been hiding all the time, hm? Oh and..."Bob" .. well, i haven't seen him since a while. I wonder where he is. I've missed our chats in here."
She shrugs the slender shoulders, still standing next to the door..nodding back to the woman in a more or less indifferent manner.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aleytys open the door from the tavern with a quick movement, coming from the library. Standing at the doorframe she wipes incidental some dust from her cape.
Her midnight eyes glance immediat over the whole crowd, identification two familiar faces.
Ashayen, which standing at the other door and ...she strokes back the black hood from her cape and the silky length from her gold-reddish hair falling down to her waist.

" Greetings all. Is this the man named Lucky which sells precious rings and such stuff ? "

The usual mocking smile rest upon her full lips, but it seems the smile don't touch her dark eyes as she look in Lucky's face.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Bob. That's right, he said his name was Bob... Dash couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he remembered back to when they had asked his name. He struggled for nearly a minute before he spit out the name. Bob. What a laugh.

"Princess, to tell you the truth... I don't know where I have been. Wandering mostly, traveling... Seeing the world! Or at least the island..."

Dash had completely forgotten about ordering another drink; for once, he was in company he liked. With a playful smile on his lips he asked her, "What did you think of our good buddy Bob anyway? With the way you were looking at him I thought you were starving... practically drooled... sheesh."

((and sorry but it is now 2 am and i am going to sleep! thanks and g'night!))
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen couldn't resist in showing a light grin when holding the gaze towards him. She gives a playful look at his question and raises one brow for a fraction of a second. "Jealous, hun?" is the only thing that comes over her lips before her still amused gaze turns towards the newcomer. Ashayen falls silent immediately and grimaces lightly when looking straight to Aleytys. The annoyance is clearly visible upon her face, but it's hard to tell if that is the cause of Aleytys or the interruption of the conversation. She looks back to Eddy, seemingly waiting for his reaction of the question from Aleytys.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

"Jealous? If..."

Before Dash has the chance to answer Alytys opens the door and asks for him. A look of minor annoyance crosses his face, as he was about to make another witty remark. Giving a quick shrug to 'princess' he answers,

"Aye, who's askin'?"

As he, looks away from 'princess' toward Alytys, his countenance softens.

The woman who watched the stand... what was her name...?

"Oh, its you. Aye, you watched my stand... what was your name again?" he asks bluntly, yet not unkindly, a smile coming to his face.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aleytys answering with a quiet chuckle, followed from a soft nod.

So you remember the Lady Bird Aleytys -- How nice. But I see you are a bit overstrained -- aye ? Too many ladys demanding your attention.

After her speaking she stares a long moment toward Ashayen, a flicker of sadness rushing through her dark gaze. With soft, elegant steps she heads to the fireplace and takes a seat there.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen looks between both and tightens the lips together at the words of Aleytys, still looking somewhat annoyed. Her eyes wander back to her, noticing the sad gleam in her eyes but she just blinks once, returning the stare calm, though with a hard glint in her own eyes. She follows the movements of Aleytys with her eyes, glancing back to Eddy before she takes a deep breath through her nose, grimacing and slowly approaching the counter... she stops as she passes Eddy, saying with a lowered voice and a glance to Aleytys "...care about your customers."
Last edited by Ashayen on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

He nods to Lucky and in the same moment a broad smile spread out in Ravaelos face as he hears Ashayens voice.

He bows slightly before Lucky, not really interested yet in a conversation. Then he hears another voice from a lady he only knew from Ashayens narratives - Aleytys. Curious he peeks with his eyes the woman which sit now at the chimney and then back to Ashayen, seen the rather annoyed glint appearing in her eyes.
He makes swift two steps leaning toward her and asked with lowered voice

greetings Star, how are you ? I guess that is SHE - right ?
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen lets out a long, deep sigh..slowly sliding elegant on the stool. She mutters in return to Ravaelo "Yes.. and up to now my day was good." and slowly turns around on the stool, leaning with the back against the edge of the counter, with the elbows placed upon the tabletop. Her now downcasted gaze scans the room, every now and then peeking to Aleytys.
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

The old man has a good taste, I have to say. But why you are so annoyed about her ? Has she done anything wrong to you Star ? Should I say she has to leave.. ?? he whispers and his smile fades away.

He placing soft his hand under her chin, lift up the head softly to look serious in her eyes.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Cris tipped his hood up a bit, just so his mouth would be visible, as would the smirk already in place on it. He leaned forward a bit, as to be sure the conversation wouldn't carry to the rest of the tavern, and then whispered to Doyle.

"We are having a meeting sometime soon ((this weekend, btw)). We have let ourselves become too unorganized. Just because we don't follow the law doesn't mean we have to let ourselves all lose contact. If you'd like, I may be able to meet with you one before then for another lesson, but I've been quite preoccupied lately. Now, turn around and run back crying or sniffling or the like, as if I've hurt your feelings in some way, so people wil lthink we were talking about something personal rather than secretive", he explained to her, and then to keep to the illusion, yelled "GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

After being sure he was heard, he got up from the chair and 'angrily' stomped out of the tavern. He'd stick around in the shadow for a bit, to make sure nothignw as suspected, but for now, his work was done.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ashayen closes the eyes firmly at his words, not really knowing why but there was something in his words what she didn't want hear. She pulls the head back in a rather rough movement which causes that his fingers slip away from her chin and she turned her gaze to the other side, avoiding his gaze. "I think i'm not able to tell you. I even doesn't understand myself. But..well, that woman was close enough to kill one of my 'stars', you know..". She shrugs then and gets interrupted by the loud voice of a man. With narrowed eyes she watched the leaving man, irritated.
Last edited by Ashayen on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.