The Dream (Closed)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

The Dream (Closed)

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

(( closed RP/ask if you wish to post please ))

Juliana swifly and completely awakens from her sleep appearing almost unmindful of any danger in the southern forest, with eyes slightly haunted in appearance as she brushes some damp hair from her pale face, unmindful of the scar on the left side of her face reaching from her forehead to her ear that she usually tries to hide with her hair. The start of dark circles under her eyes can be seen as if she hadn't slept well in quite awhile as she mumbles to herself while standing from her bed of pine and reaching for her blanket.

I told "Elf" I wouldn't do that again, that my dreams would be fine now, that I would be myself.

Shaking her head and staring with glazed eyes at the forest floor, she barely blinks while remembering the dream again.

They sat near the bushes at the arena while talking. His short black hair and beard barely seen in the moon light though the steel armor and shield strapped to his right arm occasionally glinted with a pale glow. She couldn't see the two signs of the occulte scarred under his eyes onto his cheeks with a similar sign scarred onto his forehead yet knew they were there. Thomas had come briefly but was told to come back when the sun had risen, Ogerawa had also been told to leave as they continued to whisper. The sparkle in her eyes gradually disappeared with his next words whispered as he watched the moon with his grey-blue eyes.

You do realize? I am not going to be here as long as the rest of you. I am going to be here less than one year. Juliana, I am going to die.

The shock upon hearing his words reverberated through her being while the typical sounds of the night faded to nothing. Worried and puzzled she reaches her hand out to gently touch his arm with a hesitancy not typical as she whispers her questions, trying to find answers. With a voice as smoothe and calm as usual, his reply even though a whisper seemed to echo in the night.

I will do it myself. I will not end it..I will offer it.
Last edited by Juliana D'cheyne on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Jotting down a few things on a piece of parchment, Jorokar was at first unaware of the newly arrived presence in the tavern. It was only when the quiet footsteps were very nearby that he became conscious of the company. With a blink of surprise, he lifted his head to look up at the close figure, soon to realize it was Juliana.

Upon recognizing her, a jovial smile settled on his lips, having not seen her for quite some time now. However, there seemed something peculiar about her, something that made his smile waver. Her furtive eyes, her scornful voice, her devious whispers...they all made up a menacing appearance of her.

He was a bit confused at her mentioning of some dreams, but she left her sentence incomplete. Then she asked for bottles. Bottles? What do they have to do with her dreams? It all made no sense to him. He never got a clear, straight answer to the few questions he managed to ask, and later he was just too puzzled to inquire any more. As she desired, he handed her a few bottles he had and it didn't take much longer before she disappeared from the place.

Jorokar remained still where he was, staring towards the opened door through which she walked out. He was left completely baffled by what had happened, it all occurred too rash. Speechless he was, and whatever thoughts roamed in his mind, they all were inconclusive.
Juliana D'cheyne

Again waking abruptly,with the rustling of the forest and the clattering of bones, Juliana stands while pulling both swords from their sheaths and prepares to fight. The tears in her eyes on wakening are wiped away on her sleeve with almost an angry gesture as she whispers

You should not have tried to help me

then a sadness comes over her face with an uncharacteristic softness as she sighs

It was my fault.

Her green eyes reflect another night altogether however as her memory takes her to that time:

On a very dark night with barely a moon to light the way as a rustle of bones was heard, her brief grin at him was quickly overshadowed in a fight for her life as more and more skeletons surrounded her. Both her swords sang with powerful swings and she could also hear his swords just as strong and faster even then hers, but no sooner would one be killed or pushed back then another would take it's place. Never giving up until finally she succumbed to their number as the world turned grey, with a sigh Juliana only hoped he had fared better. Her eyes slowly opened onto a red haze as she viewed the cross with a sadness but her grimace of pain was replaced by a gasp on seeing him there also.. and without his blackstone. The words uttered later still echo in her mind

.... so that is why he didn't teleport away from Siltaris.

Furtively walking around Trolls Bane in the dead of the night she arrives at the ground just south of the Arena. Awkardly she holds the shovel as if unused to using it... plots of grass are turned and disturbed while mud from the recent rain falls on her steel boots and greaves. The next day will show mud spots in the area as if the ground had been repeatedly turned. The silence of the night is only disturbed briefly:

You will be back, I will help

Suddenly there is a great gust of wind through the apple trees, some apples even falling off the tree as it may be possible to hear a very faint whisper

Soon

which could be just imagination. however a rare smile crosses her face as she continues to dig.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila, trying to help Ayla hunt for Jorokar who was worried because he had been drinking, finally walked out the east gate to what looked to her like confused pandemonium. She first saw Eli and walking toward him turned to Jorokar and Ayla who appeared to be arguing. But before she could understand what was happening Eli asked her to move "you are in danger, don't be between them" and turning to look both at Jorokar then at Dain she spoke in a hurried, fearful voice "you are also", at the same time hearing Dain's words spoken in an unusually calm voice for someone with a sword to his neck "No one here is in danger".

With heart beating very fast she watched the scene unfold feeling powerless to be able to do anything as Siltaris told Dain to "raise his arm...now", when he refused, the sword moved deeper into Dain while he gasped in pain falling to his knees, then his back closing his eyes and breathing deeply. Kaila, spotting the archer with Siltaris who appeared to be ready to shoot lifted her bow just slightly before hearing Eli's whisper "No weapons are needed" as nodding to him, then lowering her own while watching Dain unsheath his sword very slowly obviously in pain. Siltaris slowly moved her sword to his head, trying to lay the cold steel directly on Dain's forehead as he layed his sword down. Hearing Dain, his voice still calm "I know you wish to kill me Siltaris..And you will if I am jailed..."

Siltaris, interrupted him as she tried to get his weapons "Dain, be quiet and raise your arm, so Lucien can take the shield" . Kaila watched his eyes as Dain spoke to Siltaris "heresy, such a crime..I will go to the jail..", she then closed her eyes briefly in relief hoping all would be well. Taking one sword from him, Siltaris spied the other in his sheath and asked him to lay it on the ground then push it to Lucien.. slowly. She then moved her sword tighter to his forehead, making it bleed as she yelled to Lucien "take the sword", but before anyone could move Dain gripped the blade with his hand. His other hand unsheathed the other blade, then quickly he drove it into his torso while screaming loudly in pain as blood spurting from his wound onto the ground.

All Kaila could do was scream "No!" as she watched rooted to the spot with tears blurring her vision while she stared in horror. From afar she heard Eli yell "Dain!" while he ran over to try to help and with a hesitancy, as if she couldn't believe her eyes, she looks on "Dain?" but he showed no motion, not even breath. Watching Eli frantically trying to save him while helping the best she could though neither of them were a medico... they both stopped after some time and looked at Dain unable to do anything else while their hands were covered in his blood,his body becoming cooler.

Kaila looked from his body with a start upon hearing Eli "You are going to burn him?" then looking at Siltaris, a shout bursts from her "No, he did not want to be burned!" as she helplessly watched them pick his body up taking it south of the Arena between the trees. Lady Meryadeles who had arrived after Dain had died turned to Kaila "We have to make sure that his body won't be revived or used in dark rituals, were you friends?" Kaila nodded to Eli as he answered "Kaila has known him longer, but we have spent some time talking to him". After much dispute and even trying to stand on the wood pile, she realized with shoulders slightly stooped in resignation that there was nothing more she could do.

With eyes reddened and tear streaked cheeks, occasionally a sob escaping as she listened to Siltaris' words "Dain Laiden, may your soul find the way to Cherga. May your soul find rest there the peace it was not able to find on Gobiath", Kaila turned away from the fiery blaze and slowly walked away.
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana's eyes appear even more glazed with dark circles under them as she stares at the pool of blood on the floor of Eliza's. Some of the blood is on her shoes and pants as she mumbles to herself

It must have been a dream, but I thought an orc just attacked me.

With a frown on her face while looking at the empty room briefly, she then places her bloody swords in their sheaths stopping once to look at them in confusion as if wondering why she held them, then leans down to the ground lightly putting a finger in the blood nodding to herself

At least this is real.

Taking a bottle from her bag she gets as much as she can then turns to watch the halfling walking in the door but still appears to be mumbling to herself

I hope orc blood is alright, if that is what this is

Ignoring anything he says, or maybe not hearing it, she watches him intently while muttering unaware she talks aloud

Not much blood...

...while holding up her red bottle then slowly standing with head tilted. As her eyes partially clear, his widen looking at her, and making no effort to wipe the blood from her hands, she simply stares at him as he gulps once then hesitantly answers

I have bad blood also.

...before he runs from the shop. Shrugging while walking to her depot she carefully stores her bottles as she grins

Not much longer Dain, soon.
Galvin
Location: IN the middle of a cement cornfield, still thinking he is in Illarion, Role Playing his life...

Post by Galvin »

Galvin sits there on the shores of Vanima watching the sun set over the horizon. As he stares out he can't help but to remember the strange woman from the night before...

Late at night Galvin walks by the eastern Trolls Bane gate on his way to Vanima when he spies a person off in the corner of his eye. He looks over to them and does a polite little, "Hello." She responds with a quiet and discreet, "Hello." Her hood is covering her face from his sight but he can make out some long, blond hair.

He looks up at her with a somewhat concerned look on his face. "You alright?" With one hand on the hilt of her sword she nods and says, "I am fine." With that she takes a step forward and almost draws her sword but stops herself and then says, "I haven't gotten much sleep." In a childish tone Galvin replies, "You really should. It helps a lot..." She has a cold stare to her when she replies, "I have too many dreams." In a sympathetic tone he replies, "Oh, nightmares? That's too bad. I'm sorry." "Not dreams...Plans," She says calmly.

She mumbles, "Plans which will happen very soon," and she heads over towards the arena. "I just need to find them..." Once she says this he replies, "Them?" She abruptly turns around, realizing she had said that aloud and says to him, "You will not repeat that." As a trickle of fear shivers down Galvin's spine he says, "Y-Yes miss." She turns to leave and begins to talk to herself again. "I found most of them now...just a...few more to go." "Just a few more than for the rest of the plan...Once I have all of them...I can bring him back..." She quickly turns around and asks for his name. Not thinking straight and being afraid of losing his life he responds as quickly as possible with, "G-Galvin Tjime."

Unfortunately for Galvin her speaking just made him even more curious and he had to follow her to the arena. He hides behind a tree and watches her as she pulls out a shovel and begins to dig in the soft earth. After about half an hour she pulls something out of the ground and seems ecstatic. She wipes it off then continues her search in another place. After about only ten minutes this time she finds another thing and wipes it off then places it in the bag. She moves a bit out of his sight range and so he tries to move as quietly as possible around the tree but before he can get himself fully around he steps on a twig that makes a loud, cracking sound. He freezes in fear, eyes watching her intently to see if she notices him...
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana abruptly stops moving and looks up from her digging upon hearing the noise as her mumbling whispers stop. She holds her breath with head tilted barely breathing while turning to peer in the dark. Her eyes are clear for once, not glazed, though the dark circles can still be seen if anyone was close enough. Leaning over and slowly laying down her shovel on the turned earth, she pulls her metal armor over her head and carefully lays it on the ground next to the shovel as she reaches to her side unsheathing a sword. Throwing her cloak on over her blouse and pants she then reaches for the hood with her other hand as she leans slightly forward to take slow steps around the area. Peering closely, ready for even the slightest movement in the moonless night, Juliana sometimes stands perfectly still, the only thing possibly observed is the glint of metal on her sword when the distant light from Trolls Bane falls on it.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Perfectly knowing the location, Avalyon didn't need more than one snap of his fingers to suddenly appear next to Juliana. The slight shruddle of his dark cape in the cold breeze of the night and the grim sparkle of his eyes, compleate his imposing positon.
He reaches into his coat and using two fingers, pulls out a cristal visibly containing a ecoplastic gas vibrating inside, as once he did with Rankor. Summoning a soul from Cherga's realm was nothing that a necromnancer, a ritualist, can not do. He did it in the past, he did it again. Conjuring a soul, calling the dead to do the master's bidding by standing in a summoning circle and offering blood as tribute, was something natural in his mind, something that one that has the power, can use for his own satisfaction.
He slowly offers the cristal to Juliana

"As I once promiced. The most loyal soldiers, can never leave their master."
Avalyon pulls the hood over his head, perfectly blending with the shadows and slowly starts walking away into the mist of of the night whispering over his shoulder "I am always watching."

((I am still in Greece so I can not check the posts all the time.. once or twice a week, at most ))
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana blinks preparing to strike with the quick reflexes of a fighter as she turns to attack the sudden appearance of the dark figure that materializes next to her. Being unable to stop completely on realization of friend not foe, she deflects her swords as they smoothly land deep in the ground on each side of him while gasping in reaction. Everything seems to pause in her perception as the only movement seen could be the slight swaying of the hilts of the swords as her hands with a slight tremble slowly reaches for the crystal. Barely breathing, a rare smile forms on her features lightening the ravages of the dark circles and dreamless nights as a soft whisper is heard.

I will also keep my promise

A slow undulating movement inside the crystal is seen as Juliana gently wraps it in thick cloth and places it in her bag. She closes her eyes and listens to the silence of the night before a gradual soft mumbling is heard while she reaches for her swords easily pulling them from the dirt

Nothing can stop it now, but I need more blood...

A quick look of puzzlement forms on her face then she nods as if coming to a decision.

It can't wait, he wants back now. It will be done.

Turning her head to look at the last tree, resuming her search for the mysterious noise, she bends her body slightly and with a deadly swiftness of purpose making no noise, she moves around then in back of the tree raising her sword as with glazed eyes, a grin forms on her face.

All it took was a few quick strikes then she heard voices while leaning to get the blood. Managing to get just a little, she sighs and throws on her armor as she walks, not runs, away from the site as if her mind had forgotten totally what had happened. With eyes glazed she sits on some rocks carelessly setting her bottle down.
Juliana D'cheyne

((this thread is now open RP for any ig that wish to write on The Ritual Thursday -GMT 7P-8P or CST 2P-3P- and any time thereafter))

Not sleeping at all, she slowly stands and looks to the sky, a smile forms on her face as her eyes sparkle yet again as before her dreams began. Juliana walks with a purpose now, gone are the dark rings under her eyes, her step is lighter as she pulls up her hood on arrival whispering

This will be the spot.

((edited to correct time))
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

It was late, very late in fact. The moon shone high, though weak from its crescent state as the familiar figure slowly meandered through the streets of Bane. It was another of those restless nights that refused to let her sleep, dreams wrought with things no honest soul would wish to hear. Therefore, she had been forced from her bed and her dozing state, forced to wake up and find something to let her restless body do. All that she found herself able to do was wander through the streets, a hand tensely curled about the almost ever-present sword hilt at her hip.

When her little patrol was complete, Ayla found herself moving toward her usual place to relax at night. The fire, still lit and slowly burning before Eliza’s now empty shop, was deserted, its usual tender having set away and gone home. With a quiet groan, the elfess moved about the old logs near the fire and sat down heavily, staring toward the flames. In the fairly warm evening, the heat was almost uncomfortable, but this did not give reason for Ayla to move. She simply wanted to sit there, nothing more.

Heaving an irritated sigh, the elfess raised her right hand, still bandaged even after Achae’s care a few days prior. Despite the treatment from an able medico, it still refused to close. The wound was almost acting like a constant reminder. Every time she looked to it, she would recall the more than strange events that have occurred lately. Shaking her head, Ayla looked back to the fire and found herself swept up in those daunting memories.

Most distinctly, she remembered the sight that occurred before her not long ago. It hadn’t been late, really, and Ayla had simply been wandering about to ease the restlessness she had been suffering. She had meandered out past the east gate and had taken a seat near the river, content to let the night air and the sound of the flowing water relax her. But, something much different had happened that night. As she sat before the river, beneath a fairly bright moon, the sound of rustling movement caught the attention of the elfess. In her curious nature, Ayla had let her attention move to the sound, only to be given the sight of a strange, disturbing figure moving along the shore as if looking for something. Ayla tensed, all too keen on the possibilities of any hooded figure moving about in such a manner. It wasn’t until the person moved about a tree that Ayla noticed the second figure, which looked more like a heap of something beneath a worn cloak. Moving into a crouched position, Ayla simply watched, having no idea what might be at hand.

It wasn’t until it was far too late that the elfess caught on. The vague scrape of weapons drawn, the glint of metal as moonlight flickered over the twin blades, the cutting scream of the figure hidden beneath the cloak, it was all too fast for Ayla to have any time to react. She found herself frozen, eyes wide as the figure who had struck the blows moved over the still body of the other, doing something. Only after Ayla snapped out of her shock did she rush forward, straight through the water of the river. A hand drawing her familiar sword, she swung the blade’s tip to the figure bent over the unconscious one. All she could recall was screaming something at the figure, her blade wavering as she did so. The hooded person did nothing but stand, take something in its hands and flee into the night. Ayla would have followed right then and there, had it not been the sight before her.

Seeing the helpless person, a child she did not know, the elfess cursed her inability. Had it not been for that strange elf, Azuros, wandering up along the road, Ayla would hate to think of the fate of the boy. For a long moment, she remained, watching Azuros frantically work over the wounds of the boy, seemingly far more worried than his usual self. Only then did Ayla bother to take chase of that eerie figure.

However, her attempt was in vain. It had been too late, too much time had passed and that person disappeared into the night.

Gritting her teeth before the fire, Ayla mumbled something incoherently as she recalled the night. That incident only seemed to lead to worse. Only days after, she could recall something else happening, though far more vague. She had been heading to the forest late again at night, praying for something to do, when she had met with… Who had it been? She… couldn’t remember. Someone, in any case. They had dueled. A spontaneous duel, in the middle of the road. All the elfess could recall was drawing her blade and then finding herself wavering between conscious and unconscious.

He’ll be in your dreams… He will be in all our dreams.

Words she could remember, the only ones, as she stirred awake. Scattered before her was her sword, the cursed book that had been the cause of all her troubles, and nothing more. The book was covered in her own blood, coming from the deep cut across one palm. And she felt… Different. Strange, in an indescribable way.

Ever since then. It had been that night that had caused it all. The nightmare, the inability to sleep, the constant agitation and the loss of herself. She was losing grip of reality, all due to that one all-too-familiar voice echoing in her head. And there was absolutely nothing she could do about it for now.

With an irritated sound, Ayla snapped out of the remorseful thoughts and shoved herself up from the log, stumbling slightly. Her face twisted in pained anxiety as she shook her head and stalked off, ignoring the trembles running over her. No more… She’d think on it no more. For now, at least…
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana walks slowly into Trolls Bane carrying her bounty from the long time in the forest, but stops suddenly upon entering the gate. Hearing a familiar voice, her glazed eyes widen then clear as a whisper escapes

Elf

A smile begins to form on her face until she listens to the words. Drawing nearer her hands reach for the hilt of her swords as she watches Elf, his swords glistening silver and red in the sunlight. Looking first at Ayla, watching her closely, Juliana then walks to stand at Elf's back while he faces Deuce. Pulling her swords from their sheaths, her voice low, almost a whisper she looks into Richard's eyes

If you attack him, I will attack you

Sighing as she sits next to Elf in the jail cell, Juliana whispers softly to him with a sad look on her face after hearing of his terrible ordeal during the time he was missing

I let you down. I haven't been eating or sleeping well for...... awhile. My mind drifted to a dream I have had.

((sorry for the delay, we are still planning to continue))
Ilyamorion

Post by Ilyamorion »

*After months of underground survival in the caverns of the Ogre's den, being in a 5 by 5 prison cell was not much of an improvement. Luckily for him the only person he loved anymore was laying right next to him. Events of the previous night continue to race through his head. Not many people know him on the isle of Gobaith as he has kept a low profile and only talks to his closest friends. Seems that only one person can understand why he did what did last night.

Not for an instant does he show remorse or regret for his actions he plainly told everyone what he was going to do if people chose to disobey he would be true to his word above any law. Even when he got out of this dreary jail cell he would gladly walk right back in before breaking his word.

Thoughts of previous criminals pass over his mind and how all the do gooders of the isle hunted them down. Would he be added to this list? One thing he knew for certain he would not be one of these people who tried to be something he is not just to avoid a jail cell or death. Thousands of years he has walked the world of Illarion, but it seemed at this moment times were most pressing.

He watches Juliana as she breathes in her sleep, she looked awful he thought compared to the last time he saw her. Seems time apart had not served her any better than it did him. Hours ago he was willing to die but now he wasn't so sure. Juliana looked so peaceful compared to last night, but as he watched her a surge of rage that had nothing to do with her came over him.

He could not explain or understand why he had a sudden surge of rage, but the feeling felt immediately familiar to the one he felt in the Ogre's den and last night. Why was he having this surge of rage? How long would it linger? He did not like being in control of his thoughts and actions so he closes his eyes and begins to breath deeply within a few moments calmness and focus sweep over him and one thought surfaces.

"I need to control myself"
Ilyamorion

Post by Ilyamorion »

*A few moments pass by before fatigue creeps back over him, tenderly he lowers his mouth to Juliana's ear and whispers,

"Thank you for coming to my aid"

Before he knows it he is dreaming, but it is not a pleasant dream but one shrouded in darkness. All around he hears screaming and agony and a lonely figure walks closer and closer but he can never make out his face. The hours pass as well as the dream laying right next to Juliana....
Avalyon el'Hattarr

The days become hours, the hours become minutes, the minutes ... mere seconds. Time has lost it's meaning for the restless mage. Buried into his dusty tomes and ancient scrolls, with only companion being his own shadow created by the weak, flickering candle that slowly burns away, partially lightling the room, Avalyon keeps on reading, gaining more and more power with every word that flies away from the pages, making it's way into his mind, echoing with arcane wisdom and forbitten knowledge.
Not long before the next dawn, his creation was finished. A scroll, containing a powerfull incantation from an ancient, forbitten kind of magic, ment to regenerate the dead into a living being by consumption of living tissue. He smirks proudly and slowly folds the scroll, sealing it with a few drops of black wax and carefully places it into a beautifully ornated, wooden cylinder.
Soflty blows over the candle, envailing the room into darkness. Only one thought hounts his mind
Am I a blessing, or a curse?
Juliana D'cheyne

Waking up, seeing Elf, Juliana stretches slowly, languidly as one of the few good nights of sleep she has had in a long while ends. Even though her dream still haunted her, the circles under her eyes appear slightly less as she looks at his sleeping, still gaunt face. A soft whisper may be barely heard from her lips.

We did it Elf, we escaped, now I will tell you of my dream. Dain walks in my sleep, there are things he wants that I must do, but I... we need your help.

Sighing she looks at his sleeping form reaching a hand to gently touch his cheek, the rage appearing to have dissipated at least temporarily while he slept. Her eyes look up at the clouds glazing over again as her thoughts turn inward while her whisper becomes slighly louder

The priestess comes and there are more. I have the crystal of his soul and his skeleton now. In the dream, much will happen.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Why did I do it? What caused me to? Why is my souls so tormented. When she left, it is like she took my happiness with her. I put on a smile and tell jokes, and laugh at others' jokes. Yet it is all a facade. I fail at my job. I can not even operate properly anymore. What has become of me? What is becoming of me? Richard sighs and walks away from the wall of the Trollsbane jail. He heads towards the Seahorse's isaland to think. He hums a sad and morbid tune as he goes, watching an elf man and a human woman run away as fast as they can to try and make a better life for themselves. "I did the right thing," he mutters to himself as he draws the hood of his cloak up to keep the rain out. "Someday, I will find my purpose once more."
Juliana D'cheyne

Shot at 2007-08-17
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Dain awoke from what seemed only days since his death, though many memories still cloud his mind from that short time. Questions kept emerging in his mind. They lingered there, taunting him as he walked across the lands of Gobaith once more. He visited the grave of his first master; Retlak. Upon reading the stone answers slowly came to him. He realized why he was brought back and what he now needs to do. At that moment all Dain's prior thoughts of love and worldly lusts ceased and a new sensation filled him, one of purpose. The words made sense... He muttered the words over and over.

“In Darkness we Live, free from the light.
Power to those, the hidden of night.”
Aijuzan

Post by Aijuzan »

She knew what she had to do. And the rising sense of anticipation as she strode through the few trees to the river's edge left the woman full with an inescapable sensation of mingled fear, power and excitement. This was, in fact, a test. It was time to prove to the one above that she was worthy, that she could fulfill all that was asked of her. Willpower, ability, faith and strength would all be tested this day.

Coming forward to stand beside the familiar woman, surrounded by a strange elf and man, Aijuzan waited. Not much was said as the woman handed over the crystal that, to her thin hands, felt eerily cold. A cold, twisted smile curved upon her lips as she set the crystal aside, taking the bag the woman soon handed her. As Aijuzan stepped forward and knelt, she heard the woman say something that displeased her greatly.

"I could not get all the organs."

Couldn't get all of the organs. What a pity, for it meant more quiet work for Aijuzan, most likely. With an unheard sigh, the woman kneeled and opened the bag, letting the charred bones fall to the ground before her. Mere moments were spent arranging the skeleton in a somewhat decent position before the priestess stood. Staring to the bones, she spoke to those behind her of what came next.

"To raise the spirit, one must replace it with some sort of equal. Blood, other than that already given, must be spilt over the bones. Blood to bathe the soul's bone is a small sacrifice."

She listened to the short exchange before speaking again.

"All of you. All that witness, all that dare to be near. If you are not willing, be damned."

With that, the priestess withdrew a black-handled dagger and smoothly cut her palm, followed by similar actions of the others. Nodding in satisfaction, the woman watched before reaching for that cold, cold crystal. In a hoarse voice, face blank in concentration upon the quiet prayer she uttered, the priestess knelt and soundly smashed the crystal given to her upon the bones. As the crystal broke, she was swept up with an immense feeling of power, causing her voice to become rougher as she closed the said prayer.

It was not long after that her wishes to the one above were granted and the bones rose. An unnoticed shift between skeleton and the other woman there happened as the connection was sealed. It did not take long, the ritual, but Aijuzan felt weak, barely enough energy to stand. But she remained steady for now.

Moments passed, the group waited. In the end, the skeleton peered at them all through a strangely familiar, suddenly appearing green eye. And then, it spoke.

She had succeeded.

The ritual was over, she had passed the test given by the holy one above. Dain was alive again...
Juliana D'cheyne

Standing in the shade of the apple trees, all Juliana could think of was the Dream had finally begun. After gently unwrapping the crystal from it's cloth and handing it to the Priestess with a soft whisper of thanks to the dark mage who gave it to her, Juliana stands very still listening to the ritual. Willingly using her dagger to place a bleeding cut on her hand, she holds it over the skeleton remains, then turns to Richard and Elf.

The sharp pain in her head after the crystal was broken brought an involuntary gasp from her lips. Being a fighter, she was used to pain but had always fought back, this time, there was nothing and no one to fight. Her confusion increased when her vision blurred as her hand went to her eye and found nothing. Hearing his calm though raspy voice similar to the one in her dreams, she blinked between the tears of her eye to see a skelton standing. It was then she realized what had happend, even before the Priestess spoke, seeing Dain with his one green eye the same color as hers.

This will tie him into the world until he gets what he needs.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

He was always watching... Blent with the shadows, from far away, unseen and unheard, he was watching.. Silence was his name, darkness was his soul.

As his dark eyes glare over passing ritual, a smirk of satisfaction, a devlish smile of power from the deep pool of darkness takes over his figure, making his whole stature to radiate with a dark aura of pure energy, becomming known to the skeleton. His right hand slowly rises, pointing towards the skeleton's head, like having a mind of it's own and suddenly, projects the unseen energy towards him. With his left hand, he reaches into his robe, and after taking out the scroll, opens it and begins to read loudly:

Cursed be those that trough your will, shall surrender their souls, their life force, their bodies to you! Hunger my loyal soldier.. Hunger and live again!
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana looks surreptitiously to "Elf" occasionally, with her one green eye now completely clear, while they fight the reds in the graveyard. Her thoughts which had been so muddled for so long now decisive, less confused. The rings under her eyes completely gone though one may not be seen much due to the patch she wears over the missing eye, the one that Dain now has. The eye that binds him to the living along with his soul.

That "Elf" was going to help them, be with her for reasons of his own, meant a lot but she would never tell him that. He may think her weak, soft. The banter, the irritation they caused each other, the words thrown teasingly but with a gleam to the eye were just a part of what had grown from months of fighting side by side. Watching him lean against the wall while twirling his blades, she fights the grin forming on her face as he whispers suddenly "Like what you see don't you?", instead giving him a darting look before she quickly turns, his laughter following her.

The frown forming on her face becomes real though as Juliana tries to remember the time that The Dream plagued her. Dain again walking the land of Gobiath as a human was foremost, other plans seem to flash through her mind of great battles, friends fighting for a cause they all believed in. So far, none of this had come to pass. Wondering if her dream was real or not she sighs and looks to the ground mumbling to herself

Some has come true now, Dain has a soul, the rest of it....Dain needs to be human, then the rest will come.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar walks out the east gate accompanied by the young orc Ghob stopping abruptly when she sees two humans standing together with a skeleton. A crowd quickly gathers and before long there is lots of duelling both friendly and aggressive. Her mind clouded with the confusion of activity, she finds herself easily led away by an elf that she seems to trust instinctively.

The naked man with the cow causes aggravation to become visible on her otherwise cool exterior. Her confusion from the ruckus at the gate and the irritation from that damn man work together to cause her normally guarded behaviour to falter.

The woman with the eyepatch said there was something she wanted to show her and somehow the glassy look in her one green eye went unnoticed. The elfess followed completely trusting, grateful to be at a distance from that naked man. As the woman turned on her with her blades and some mad talk of a dream, there was little time to do anything but scream before she fell to the ground.

As she lay bleeding and unable to speak, she watched horrified as the woman collected the blood that was quickly draining from her body. Her eyes slowly closing for the last time, she could see the woman calmly picking up her few possessions that had been scattered in the attack.
Juliana D'cheyne

Fighting for a just cause, fairness in the town of Trolls Bane, Juliana stands side by side with many others of the town from both sides. Not recognizing everyone, she still gladly fights along with Davien, Dain, Griv and many others.
(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=24495 ))

The patch over one eye not affecting her fighting very much, but still an irritation she gladly endured as she leaned on the wall during a lull in the battle. Suddenly a strangeness.......a temporary cloud comes over her mind as her vision blurs and slowly reaching up to her patch, she pulls it off blinking at the bright light viewed from two watery green eyes. A rare smile slowly forms on her face while turning to Davien as she whispers

Those eyes Dain showed us.....they are now his own.

Before he could even respond to her she suddenly looks to the ground, her hair falling around her face while folding her arms about herself almost as if she was cold. Whispering again in a barely heard, hesitant voice

Davien, ...there was something in my depot... a bag, I don't know how it got there but it was a body, an elfess.....

shivering slightly she mumbles almost to herself

I will give it to Dain.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Dain took the large sack from Juliana with both regret and relief. He knew what he had done, and what he must do in order to full fill his purpose, no matter how grotesque it may be...

Dain left from Juliana and took the body to a place, a place no one could see him, a place he often went in past times of hiding or perhaps times of deep thinking. The content of the bag was placed onto the ground near him. A cloth was then placed over the victim's face. Dain honored the victim with a short prayer to Cherga, in perhaps some slight hope in feeling less remorse. Dain then began to read a scroll given to him by Avalyon in the shadows that night of his resurrection. Dain then began work on the victim's body. Taking organs then passing them through his own mouth. Though, instead of passing through his ribs, he began to grow, his old body came back to him, he was once again human. After the process, the bones were taken to the graveyard and buried in an unmarked grave. After the bones were under the earth Dain uttered one single word, "Thanks".
Juliana D'cheyne

Juliana stands at her depot after the battle, after handing the bag to Dain and turns her head down but not really looking at anything, her mind in turmoil. Her hood again covers her head as she makes no effort to push it back. Hoping some positive things will come of the change to the town, she sighs. The outcome will be up to those that live here... more then I do. It was good to be able to leave her hood up, to place her dagger back in her boot for an extra weapon. She hoped when Dain was human, he would be allowed to worship who he wanted and still be able to go to the town. Maybe someday, she would see him as a human and be able to give back his ring........ the one she has wrapped in a soft cloth in her depot.

Looking at her dwindling copper but pleased she still has good weapons and armor, she opens her food bag frowning slightly. I will need more copper to buy food now, or possibly learn to make it. Sighing, looking very tired and somehow weaker, she eats an apple as she walks out of Trolls Bane not quite knowing where she goes, nor what she will do as she stops briefly to place a note on a tree headed north from the Grey knowing he will eventually find it. A brief grin forms on her face as she pictures him tearing it off to read, then a sadness seems to form in her eyes

Davien,

I don't know where I will be, you have plans that need to happen, people have things to do now..... I need to decide what I will do. I hope to be within a dove's cry unless sleeping.........

Love,
Juliana

Walking as far north as she can, she finds a safe area between three tall trees and lays her blanket down on a pile of pine needles. Taking her heavy armor off, wearing a thin blouse and leather pants, Juliana lays a serinjah by her side as she curls up and goes to sleep.
Juliana D'cheyne

Months went by, too many for her to know and count... all she knew was things were very different now.

((if interested in a continuation of the story, these threads are in order

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... highlight=

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... highlight= ))

She had not seen Davien in a long time, and when she did, he seemed to leave quickly as if in anger or maybe just not quite knowing what to do or say, which was also her problem. If they did talk, it seemed it was to argue just making them both hurt. She sorely missed him and even fighting her usual enemies didn't bring any thrill. Her despondency and sadness grew as finally making up her mind she looked at the man with the daggers nodding to herself, yes, it is time, it is time for a fighter to end.

To her chagrin, he refused and began to talk to her... they became friends this man who wasn't a fighter though she asked very little questions of him. He called her an antihero. Chuckling she shrugged not quite understanding, but knowing she had someone that she could confide in. Juliana looked forward to seeing him again and for once let the thought hover in her mind...maybe it was not time yet?

Walking north to see the man she called Felix one day, Juliana stopped on the spur of the moment when seeing Dain after months of avoiding him or anyone with the temple. With her hand on the hilt of her sword knowing any fight would not go well for her, she gazed into his mismatched eyes nodding "Hello Dain".
Juliana D'cheyne

Much time had passed... months. Juliana mainly stayed and continued to fight skeletons..occasionally with a mage she had met, more times then not alone. There were some she occasionally sparred with, trying her best she realized that her lack of technique and less strength sometimes harmed her but she made no effort to change. An ennui overcame her at some point though she knew not when. Like the subtle edge of forest... a mixture of grass and forest floor, gradually more trees, then before you know it you are surrounded by trees. This ennui, or depression sapped her strength, made her careless. Sitting at the edge of the wooden peer with her bare feet dangling in the water, holding her dagger occasionally batting at an irritating fly, her green eyes darkened, barely reflecting the water at all. Her thoughts linger over her life on Gobaith occasionally grinning, sometimes grimacing. Sighing as she brushes some pale blonde hair from her face she finally stands and puts on her shoes slowly then walks south, toward the reds again as has been her routine more then she would like lately. After killing the reds, occasionally remembering to take a potion, sometimes not, she walks toward the room peeking around the wall as she has done in the past countless times. As if her mind had quit on her... or she just didnt think... or possibly she was again like she was the summer of the Dream. No one will know but a small whisper may have been heard if anyone was there, as a grin forms on her face not reaching her eyes "I always dreamed it would be alone" before she walks into the room to face her greatest enemy.

((She will retire for a little and may or may not be played again however I would appreaciate you not deleting her for now))
Juliana D'cheyne

After spending months at the Druid house, hiding when more then one was there, Juliana left finally with just a few more scars added to what she had. Placing her swords in their sheaths and hearing the snick of the leather as they lodged brought a grin to her face. Pulling on her small sized armor for the first time in a long time noticing it fit fairly snug unlike the loose fit it had before, she walks quickly down the road mumbling..

It is time to practice

Only the gleam of the dagger is seen as she holds it up to the moonlight nodding to herself.

Still in good shape

... before putting it in her boot. Stopping just before the town, she turns now going the one direction she has walked so many times, the steps she knows by heart even at night. Suddenly she pauses under one particular tree and crosses her arms staring at the ground.

Yes, I remember.... the dream.