Forest

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

falco1029

Forest

Post by falco1029 »

((I had wanted to join in the rp of somebody Ules knew for his coming back, but instead, this is open for anyone who knew him or at least heard of him. I feel a bit nervous about the rp planned for this, it's something that was approved by the gm's a long while back, but the gm's have changed, and it takes the rp and OOC cooperation of anyone involved. I suppose I'm not heading ingame with Ules anytime soon anyway unless he's begged for, which i doubt. I also hate that while im rping this, theres no way to technically control animals ingame.))

Why was he here? The forest wasn't his home. It never was. He only went near it if he had to. Too late for that now. Too bad. He couldn't enter town. Not like this. He'd be killed. He couldn't really hide it. Such a shame.

Ules looked to his left. A rabbit. A good start for a meal. His eyes glowed with a light blue sheen, and he pointed his hand towards it. After about 10 seconds, the rabbit seemed hypnotized. Clumsily grabbing his hammer, Ules ran over, stumbling over a few logs along the way, and smashed its skull, his eyes then returning to normal color.

He hastily grabbed some scrap wood, and went about creating a fire. He blinked several times as his vision was a bit poor. He shuffled through his robes and found the pair of glasses he'd fashioned. They were slightly bent, and very dirty at this point. Using them to help see, he got the wood lit, and speared the rabbit through with a stick.

A few minutes close to the fire and it was edible. He ate it quickly, and then cleared a spot in the ground so he could sleep. He hoped the fire would last the night. But there was no guarantee. And he couldn't control an animal's mind while asleep, now could he?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

((Anyone who wants to join in is still welcome, and encouraged...))

Ules wakes up the next morning, feeling whoozy and dazed. He still has no real idea where he is in relation to civilization, but he has no interest in such things at the moment anyway. He half crawls, half walks through the woods, trying to get to the edge of the forest to take in some sunlight.

He finds his way out, and luckily also finds a river in the area. He walks over and drinks deeply, takin in as much much water as he can possibly bare. Whiping his mouth, he searches around, in case anybody else is nearby. He doesn't want to be rescued, per se, but some regular food would be nice...
bobbyjoemama

Post by bobbyjoemama »

Roland wanders out of the woods and says "i saw your little rabbit trick, can you use it on more intelligent races?" then offers the man some pork
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

((any chance you can add a bit more detail to your post? Not giving me much to work with there))
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila appears to wander around the forests frequently going to the Monastery to check on the progress, if any of Eli's illness, then with a sad look, she turns back to the forests. Wearing her leather armor, and having placed the aged but empty quiver back into her depot, a mage staff may be all that is carried. Occasionally, unbidden, her magic appears to flare and a spell will be cast unwanted as her thoughts become agitated, her meditation broken. During these times, Kaila closes her eyes trying to remain calm while unconscously brushing some hair behind an ear as a deep breath is taken then a peaceful look crosses her face as she achieves her goal. On one such walk with head down paying no attention to her surroundings, she almost runs into the man. Quickly backing up a step with startled eyes and mouth slightly open, she speaks in a cracked voice as if not used to speaking for days "I am sorry." Shifting her stance with ears pink from embarrasement, a spell unbidden casts while at least four different fruits appear magically from the sky and with head turned down "Again, I am terribly sorry, I hope I didn't scare you".
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

((Im ignoring bobby for the time being))

Ules stumbles backwards, tripping and giving a slight grunt as he lands on his bottom. He looks the girl over, his eyes glowing once by accident. She seemed to be a mage, he assumed, as she cast a spell causing fruit to fall to the ground. Without thinking about how it would look he grabbed a piece and hastily began eating it.

He wasn't overly dirty, just sort of messy. His clothes were wrinkled and slightly torn, his hair going every which way, and there were a few cuts on his arms, but overall he seemed clean. Quite odd for someone who was obviously in the forest for a while.

After a few more seconds of hesitation, Ules spoke to the girl.

"Do...do I-I.. know you?", he asked. He hadn't had any reason to speak in a long while, and while he still had a perfect grasp of language, his tongue was tired and caused him to stutter and stumble over his words slightly.

Before he could be answered, he noticed a wolf approaching the two of them. He scrambled to his feet as the wolf leaped towards him. It landed right by him, and seemed poised to strike.

Almost forgetting the other person was there, Ules' eyes glowed a light blue and his hand extended to the wolf. The wolf seemed to whine as its mind was entered. Oddly enough, the wolf was easier to break than the rabbit. After he was fully inside, he ordered the wolf to run off, triggering an instinct that would label the humans as predators for a while.

Ules then realized again that he wasn't alone. How would that person take his ability?

"I...I d-Dont know how..I d-did that, I swear....I-...I-m normal.", he struggled to say. He watched the girl, hoping to avoid a negative response in her. He doubted she'd listen to his lie, but it wa sbetter than sitting there and waiting for her to react.
bobbyjoemama

Post by bobbyjoemama »

i have a slight feeling you are a bandit sir, or someone who isnt exactly following the law, if i am wrong forgive me but how many people stand in the woods hypnotizeing rabbits and falling over, being all messy, and trying to hypnotize a wolf. im not leaving you alone untill you tell me whats going on... trust me i can be stubborn
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Having a fragile appearance as most mages her eyes widen when he backs up and trips and she starts to reach her hand to help him up but stops and smiles when he starts eating the fruit, and with brown eyes sparkling shakes her head "I don't think so, my name is Kaila". Seeing him scramble up and following his gaze she quickly backs up with a look of fear on her face watching the wolf all the while whispering "Run from it unless you can fight it, I can't". She holds her hand up and prepares for a healing spell as she watches the wolf get closer and closer to the man all the while looking around for it's pack mates. As her head tilts and a puzzled expression comes over her face when the wolf whines then walks away, she turns back to him with a sigh, part giggle of relief escaping her lips "if you had anything to do with the wolf leaving, I am grateful. The mages learn a form of meditation, did you use another form for the wolf?" Kaila briefly glances at the other man then turns again to him, her warm smile possibly inviting confidence.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Ules looks back at the girl, and forces a bit of a smile onto his face. He made sure he was upright and then spoke, his words gaining a bit more confidence, though still a bit slowed as his tongue finished gaining its composure.

"A ...pleasure to meet you. I'm...Ules Felko. As for..the wolf, um, it's not..easy to explain. I wouldn't call it meditation. Just...dont tell anyone. People...have been wary of me before. Nothing violent...but wary. I think...most of who i knew....are gone now. I dont know when I can reintegrate myself. It's been...a long time. I was...off the island for a period of time...but came back...I cant transfer magic from other areas, that i knew. I have...my mind tricks....but they arent strong enough to keep me alive if...anyone ever decided they were evil", he slowly explained, his voice less raspy than at first, and it becoming more obvious that he is intelligent, and cultured, but in some hard times.

Ules' eyes glowed again, just for a moment, as they sometimes tended to do after he used his powers. He half went to cover it, despite knowing that by the time his hands reached his eyes the glow would be gone. It was more instinctual reflex than an actual wish to try to hide it.

He took a few deep breaths, and then let a more genuine smile cross his lips, happy to speak with somebody from civilized areas. He wasn't sure if he could go home yet, but perhaps his faith in humanity would be renewed for the time being.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Kaila smiles as she listens to him talk, still with a slight distraction maybe even a sadness to her face as she glances in the forest at the direction of the Eldan Monastery then turning back to him she may have missed seeing the glow in his eyes as she speaks with a voice clearer then previously, "welcome back then Ules, things may have changed some on Gobiath since you had been here previously". Sitting down on the grass with her knees bent and wrapping her arms around them as with head tilted slightly looking up at him she questions "An affinity with the animals made people wary of you?" then with a shrug as she reaches one hand pulling up a few blades of grass twirling them in her hand "I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to".
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Ules blinked sort of heavily, and then raised an eyebrow at her assessment of his ability. An affinity for animals? It was far more than that. Sure, time in the forest gave him the ability to practice his powers a bit, but it wasn't limited to animals.

He spoke again, this time with the normal clarity one would expect of somebody of his intelligence.

"No, it really isn't an affinity for animals. I can, well, enter inside a being's mind, and then read or manipulate it if they don't resist, or the resistance is minimal. I haven't tried it on a human in a long time, so I can see how one might just think I have an affinity for animals. Now, I'm sure you can see why I don't want THIS revealed to the general public", he replied.

Ules looked back at her nervously as she seemed distracted, "I apologize, am I keeping you from something?", he asked.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Kaila's eyes widen, her smile becoming more forced as Ules speaks. She backs up one step which could have become more if she hadn't run into the tree in her haste. With one hand quickly reaching for the trunk and the other held out to keep herself from falling, she appears temporarily to be engulfed in a blue light as her magic blossoms unbidden. Pine needles gently drift down from the tree, some landing on her hair as she speaks in a hesitant voice "You can control people then, what could you have them do?" Immediately, without waiting for him to answer, Kaila speaks again with a voice slightly louder, stumbling on her words while brushing some needles from her hair as she scoots around to the side of the tree turning her head toward the forest "Well actually......., you see I....... was going back to the Monastery, he is very ill and.......". Kaila's voice trails off as she looks back at him with a nervous wringing of her hands.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Not being an idiot, Ules could tell that what he had said made the girl uncomfortable. He sighed heavily, putting his hand over his forehead and looking down to the ground. Why did people always have to assume he would be using the power against them? He looked back up after a moment, and spoke with a fairly serious tone of voice.

"Don't worry, I can tell that makes you nervous, but I would never try to pierce into the mind of an innocent person. In fact, even if i did want to, I'm out of practice in that matter, and you'd easily be able to resist it, I am sure", he explained.

"Now, if you have somewhere to be, then go right ahead, I won't keep you. But please, do NOT mention this to anybody. A man in the wild who can control minds will not go over well with anyone", he said in a pleading sort of tone.

He shifted back and forth nervously, hoping she wouldn't start running off and screaming. He couldn't say her reaction surprised him, but he supposed that he could always hope he'd find people who wouldn't think bad of him because of his ability. But those people were few and far between, and thus why he couldn't reintegrate into society just yet.