The Order of the Obsidian Hammer

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Order of the Hammer

Post by Order of the Hammer »

((Discriminer: This board is for announcement ONLY. Please send ALL of your guild-related messages to this account. Do not spam, please. Thanks.))

Basic Information

The Order of the Obsidian Hammer is a select guild of blacksmiths and miners, that works only for the benefit of the members and the guild as a whole. We are not asociated with any city, guild or faction nor shall we be in the future, although trade shall be done in all directions. The Order reserves it's right to trade only with the ones of it's choosing.
The mine is OFF LIMITS to all non-members. Trespassers shall be struck down.

Membership and Ranking

Only those aspiring to become a great blacksmith and/or miner, shall be accepted, although a special membership can be granted in some ocasions. The Order reserves it's right to decline any membership application that is not considered to be in the best interest of the guild or it's members.
Every new and inexperienced member has to go trough the ranking system, earning his way up the scale, mainly trough perfecting his skills and earning a good reputation. The ranks are as follows: Apprentice, Adept, Artisan and Maestro.
Once placed in a rank, at least one dwarven month must pass until one can be promoted to a higher status.
We are also allowing any who wish to mine at our guild the chance to do so. There are two a new ranks: Friend, and Brother. These two ranks are predominantly for those who are already in other guilds.
These friends will be allowed to mine at our mine, on the same terms as an apprentice. They are NOT members of the guild. Should a friend perform exceptional deeds that benifit the guild, they may be allowed special 'Brother' status, which allows them to mine for free. Bear in mind these are reserved for special circumstances.
We also have another new rank: Would be Apprentice.
These are people who have expressed interest in the guild, but have not yet been accepted or received a key. Again, these are NOT members.
The rank of Guildmaster is reserved for the owners of the guildhall and administrators of the guild board, the member list and the guild's coffers. Only the Guildmasters may accept new members, as well as 'promote' from one rank to another.

Contracts

All orders shall be sent directly to the guild, which will distribute them among the members, so that work is assured for all.

Taxes and contract status

For the good evolving and flourish of the guild, and also for motivating the members to keep working and perfecting their skills, a taxing system has been introduced. The taxes variate with the member's ranks as it follows:
- Apprentice - 500 coal + 500 iron per dwarven month. Will not receive contracts.
- Adept - 300 coal + 300 iron per dwarven month. 30% of the earned coins (from the order) shall go towards the guild's coffers and 70% towards the worker.
- Artisan - 200 coal + 200 iron per dwarven month. 20% of the earned coins (from the order) shall go towards the guild's coffers and 80% towards the worker.
- Maestro - no mining tax. 10% of the earned coins (from the order) shall go towards the guild's coffers and 90% towards the worker.
Any 'freelance' trades are not taxed by the guild, are policy is that if you find a trade, you can keep the reward yourself, although it is still necessary to report these trades, in view of future possible contracts. Any member for any reason unable to forfill a trade should direct the customer to another guild member.
Every new membership shall be taxed with 5 silver coins or 250 ores of any kind. The old members that wish to rejoin are free of the membership tax and they shall be given the rank accordingly to their skill.

Obviously tax is a difficult issue, and if for any reason a member cannot forfill the tax, please send a message to either myself or Lograkh at the start of the month, and we will be reasonable in our demands. Any member to abuse our goodwill will be punished with the highest severity.

Guild Members:
Skaalib
Lograkh
Ogerawa
Thomas Greenbottom
Dusty Bottoms
Merrilyn Ferly
Behemoth
Braydar Wolfstar
Barcus Brightbeard ((changed name from Krass))
Krall
Ranking

Guildmaster
Skaalib
Lograkh

Maestro
Behemoth

Artisan
Krall

Adept
Dusty Bottoms
Ogerawa

Apprentice
Braydar Wolfstar
Barcus Brightbeard

Would be Apprentice
Gildon de Vymont (human)
Evan Ross (human)
Yurthic (dwarf)

Friend

Brother

Hall of Honour
Liles (co-founder, absent as far as I know)
Arameh (co-founder, absent as far as I know)

Rules

- The Guildmasters reserve the right to expell members that prove not to be working for the best interest of the guild as well of it's members.
- Revealing the location of the mine and hall, as well as giving away the key, calls for IMMEDIATE expullsion.
- All the members are obligated to send a list of the items that they can craft of at least 'good' quality, so that an unitary item price can be set for all members. Progress shall be permanently reported.

--------------------------------------

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Last edited by Order of the Hammer on Sun May 27, 2007 8:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
Order of the Hammer

The Order curently does not take any orders.

The members are asked to send a message with a complete list of items that they can manufacture (over good quality) followed by prices suggestions as soon as possible, in order to be distribuied by ranks.

The ones lacking the key, shall meet with one of the Guildmasters in order to obtain it.

The membres are NOT permitted to work for other guilds, factions or towns that lack a contract with the Order. Should any member be approached from a leader/representative of a guild or or towns, members are asked to direct them to send a dove to a guildmaster. Any members flouting this law will be looked upon harshly.

New applications are accepted.

----------------------------
Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Last edited by Order of the Hammer on Tue May 22, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I hereby wish to apply to become an apprentice in The Order of the Obsidian Hammer.

~Gaurd Evan Ross~
Order of the Hammer

We have added new ranks and made a few changes to the contract system. Any freelance trades must still be reported, but you may keep all the trade. If any member is approached, but is unable to forfill a trade, direct the customer to any other guildmember.

Also, welcome Braydar Wolfstar as an Apprentice, and Behemoth as a Maestro.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

Hear ye, hear ye! Grab your pick-axes, beers and food!

On the 11th of Adras of the current year, hour 5 ((friday 22.05.2007, 19PM GMT)) , all members are called to participate at the digging under the current mine.

Hard work is expected, for that we need to uncover at least 7-8 coal veins and 4-5 iron veins.

If you can not attend, send a message, and if we find ourselves in lack of workers, the mining operation shall be post-proned.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

Krass has joined the Order as an apprentice. Be welcomed.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

Hear ye, hear ye!

The mining operation is post-proned for three days. ((new date: saturday 23.05.2007, 19PM GMT))

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

With regret, the mining operation has been cancelled. The rock is too thick to be dug deeper. We hope to find a solution by digging in the vicinity of the northern coalmine, and making a new guildhouse there.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

Contracts and Orders

Contract definition

A contract is a trade agreement made between the Order and a town/guild/faction with the purpose of creating a better and more profitable trade for the both involved partys.

The contract consists of:
- The 'customer' part of the contract commits itself to make the Order of the Obsidian Hammer it's official smithed goods provider, for the duration of the contract.
- The Order of the Obsidian Hammer commits itself to provide a 10% price discount to all sold goods towards the contracted customer, as well as 5% discount for an order of over 15 items.

A contract can be made only by the town's official leader. The Order reserves it's right to accept and decline contract offers.

Order definition

An order is an item request done by a single person towards the guild. The items can be provided on the spot or in a few days, depending on the item's difficulty and guild's stock.
An order of over 10 items (tools not included), will receive a 10% price discount.

Skaalib and Lograkh,
Guildmasters
Last edited by Order of the Hammer on Fri May 25, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Order of the Hammer

We now take orders and contracts!

The above list consists of the items that can be provided by the guild. The guilds commits to provide items of at least 'good' quality. Note that superior quality items (excellent) will be extra priced up to 50% of their initial value, depenting of the item in question.
List of Goods wrote:Axes

Heavy Battle Axe
Lumberjack Axe
Orc Axe
Magic Long Axe
Executioners Axe
Poison Executioners Axe
Long Axe
Waraxe
Throwing
Halberd
Double Axe
Poison Long Axe
Dwarven Axe
WarAxe

Blunt

Mace
Morning Star
Warhammer

Swords

Simple Dagger
Dagger
Poison Simple Dagger
Poison Dagger
Ornate Dagger
Poison ornate Dagger
Serinjah Sword
Poison Serinjah Sword
Elven Rainbow Sword
Short Sword
Sabre
Broadsword
Longsword
Scimitar
ElvenSword
Poison Broadsword
Poison Longsword
Rapier
Snake sword (has poison in it)
Red Dagger
Bastard Sword

Helmets

Round Steel Helmet
Horned Helmet
Steel Helmet
Orc Helmet
Steel Hat
Pot Helmet
Serinjah Helmet
Gynkese Mercenaries Helmet
Storm cap
Chain helmet
Visored Helmet
Albarian Soldiers Helmet
Salkamaerian Paladins Helmet
Black Visored Helmet
Flame Helmet

Armors

Chain armor
Plate Armor
Steel GLoves
Steel Boots
Light Blue Breastplate
Nightplate
Light ELven Armor
Dwarvenplate
Salkamaerian Armor
Albarian Armor
Salkamaerian Offivers armor
Albarians Noble Armor
Light Mercenary Armor

Shields

Light Metal Shield
Round Metal Shield
Metal Shield
Large Metal Shield
Heraldic Shield
Steel Tower Shield
Ornate Tower Shield
Red Steel Shield

Leg Armor

Short Blue steel greaves
Blue Steel Greaves
Short Red Steel greaves
Red Steel greaves
Steel Greaves

And all of the tools

Skaalib and Lograkh,
Guildmasters
Last edited by Order of the Hammer on Sat May 26, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Hammer

Dusty Bottoms and Ogerawa receive the rank of Adept.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Order of the Hammer

Krall rejoins the Order as Artisan. Welcome back.

Skaalib and Lograkh
Guildmasters
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Meh nub hab anymores time fer dis, surryes. I led da ledduship to Skaalib!

- Lograkh
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I shall be away for a while, all rules regarding contracts are withdrawn for the time being.

Skaalib
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Unfortunately I have to be away for an extended period of time. Any member who wishes to take over leadership of the guild should send me a dove and you will be accepted.

Skaalib
Order of the Hammer

This guild is under new leadership, a change is coming. I would like all active members to sign their names below this note, so i know who is still wishing to remain within the Order.

Blessings of Malachin,
Braydar Wolfstar, Guildmaster
Barcus Brightbeard

guild

Post by Barcus Brightbeard »

i would like to remain , ive gotten me affairs in order and ready to devote more time to the guild
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Braydar are you still around? Is anyone that has a key still around?

Merri
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I'm be Laddy!

Krall
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

i wish to join...and i need a map to the mines if you will

-Tark Ironcrest
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Hiya Krall! Good to hear from you! I am back from a long trip and would love to get a copy of that key. We can start the guild back up if you wish. I still know how to mine like a mad-halfling!

Merri
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

I found my copy of the key! But the offer still stands.

Merri
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

If no one objects, I would like to request being leader. If know one is around to object in the next three dwarven days I will declare myself as leader.

Merrilyn Ferly
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

I, Merrilyn Ferly, am now the guild master.

All old members are welcome to stay in the guild, and I will keep you on the list for a dwarven week or so unless I hear from you.

New rules:
Mine when you want to mine, no taxes shall be collected

It is unnecessary to inform the guild when you have an order, but if you do need help on it, do not be afraid to ask me or another member

New entrance policy:
All new members will have to be interviewed by me personally before gaining entrance to the guild. Again, no one outside of the guild is permitted to mine.

Halflings: All Halflings are welcome, see me for a key.

Humans: Humans will be accepted on occasion. I have been robbed 8 times by humans.

Dwarves: Dwarves not of silverbrand should have no problem gaining entrance.

Lizards: Lizards will generally not be accepted unless I personally know them. 4 lizards have attempted to eat me.

Elves: Elves will generally not be accepted. 10 Elves have scared me with their magic.

Orcs: No Orcs will be accepted unless you are directly related to Kurga Wolfbane or Lograkh. They tend to want to kill me.

All other races: Generally, if you are under 4 feet tall you will be accepted.

If any existing members want to remain members, please post you name.

There will be an ongoing trade contract open with anyone who sells coal and gold. The trade will be for every 1 iron and 2 copper from us, you give us 4 coal. Contact me if you would like to make a trade with gold. Contact me if you would like to alter the contract in anyway.

All members will be supplied with necessary mining tools and equipment which include (but aren't limited to):
A set of smithing tools
A pickaxe
Tongs
Pincers
A hammer

And of course the guildhall has an anvil, a smelting oven, a gem grinder and a depot.

The last issue is that while mining, all guild members will be supplied with food to last as long as you mine. I shall be in the mine at most times, but if I am not, contact me.

~~Merrilyn Ferly
Guild Leader~~
Last edited by Wyrda on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

I welcome Grimwin to the guild! Happy mining!

Merri
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

The official count of ores for the guild is 1107 copper ores, 595 iron ores as well as 216 raw stones. These ores are available to anyone for trade and any other member who wishes so can post their count and i will total it.

Merri

*This parchment has been slightly altered.*
Timin

Guild join request

Post by Timin »

i want to join Your guild Merri!

~Timin~
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Of course Timin! I will contact you shortly.

Merri
Timin

Thanks

Post by Timin »

Thank You
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

New Stock:

Iron ores: 1048
Copper ores: 1192
Coal: 470
Gold nuggets: 19