Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Troll's Bane

Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Official Board of the Town Guard of Troll’s Bane

The Town Guard has the function to protect the Town, its Citizens and all people who are within the Territory of Troll’s Bane against crimes and threats and to maintain peace and order in the Territory of Troll’s Bane.
The Criminal Law forms the framework of the Town Guard’s competence and jurisdiction. It is written down here on the Official Board of Troll’s Bane.
The Town Guard consist of a Captain, Town Guards, Recruits and Protectors. The current members of the Town Guard are written down here.

This Town Board has six functions:
- To offer a framework for the kind and duration of penalty for particular sort of crimes
- To define competences of members of the Town Guard
- To give a guide to the Town Guard how to behave adequately as member of the Town Guard
- To make an up-to-date list of all crimes committed within the Territory of Troll’s Bane
- To share various information within the Town Guard
- To give Citizens of Troll’s Bane and all other people the opportunity to inform the Town Guard about committed crimes they have witnessed

The criminals listed here are only allowed to be penalized by members of the Town Guard. It is not a list in terms of public wanted posters and there is no bounty for the capture of any criminal. Only if there is an official appeal in form of a wanted poster for the capture of particular persons, every man and woman is free to chase, capture and penalize the criminal according to the conditions of the wanted poster. Wanted posters – with or without bounty - only can be made by the Governor, the Captain or the Magistrate.

List of Town Guards

Lieutnant / Leutnant:

Taliss Kazzxs

Guards / Stadtwachen:

Kenneth Ladrus
Gildon de Vymont

Protectors / Beschützer:

Sir Dantagon Marescot

Recruits / Rekruten:

Baldur de Vanrice
Revan Thorus
Valerin
Harman Gaedon
Coellus Andrinor
Erasdor de Graffor
Eric Silverblade
Scott Wolf
Kalaq Bladefall
Lonfurd Brodem
Arnok Marshun
Ghob
Piggy
Julius Rothman
Aenarion

List of Prosecuted Persons

Kind and Duration of Penalties for Crimes according to the Criminal Law

Slight Offences: 2 Silver charge AND
up to 3 weeks prison sentence ((1 RL week)) OR up to 6 weeks Ban ((2 RL weeks))

Medium Offences: 5 Silver Charge AND
up to 9 weeks prison sentence ((3 RL weeks)) OR up to 12 weeks Ban ((4 RL weeks))

Severe Offence: 10 Silver Charge AND
up to 18 weeks prison sentence ((6 RL weeks)) OR up to 24 weeks Ban ((8 RL weeks))

The defined Silver Charge must always be collected and handed to the Governor when particular crime is committed. In terms of further punishment the Town Guard is free to choose between Prison Sentences or Bans:

Competences of Members of the Town Guard

Every member of the Town Guard is allowed to collect the defined charges to hand them to the Governor.
The competences in terms of prison sentence and Bans differ depending on the position of the Town Guard member:
Recruits: no prison sentences; up to 9 days Ban ((3 RL days))

Town Guards and Protectors: up to 9 weeks prison sentence ((3 RL weeks)); up to 12 weeks Ban ((4 RL weeks))

Captain of the Town Guard: up to 18 weeks prison sentence ((6 RL weeks)); up to 24 weeks Ban ((8 RL weeks))

If a member of the Town Guard holds that there is harsher penalty necessary than he is allowed to impose, the Town Guard member has to contact a higher ranked member to decide together about the penalty. Furthermore every Indictable Offence has to be reported to the Governor and to the Magistrate of Troll’s Bane via message.

Adequate behaviour as member of the Town Guard

- When the Town Guard witnesses a crime or has to intervene in any situation in the name of the Town Guard, the member of the Town Guard has to introduce himself with name and title first to make people aware that a Town Guard is present.

- If there is crime committed and the Town Guard witnessed it, the member of the Town Guard has to tell the criminal which Criminal Offence was committed; then the Town Guard has to collect the Charge and impose the penalty; either prison sentence or ban from the Town or even from the territory of Troll’s Bane. The duration and kind of penalty has to be interpreted by The Town Guard in an adequate way within the framework for penalties, which is listed above.

- The Town Guard has to keep other people out of the jail, except he needs support. In general, the Jail only has to be entered by members of the Town Guards and criminals who are imposed with prison sentence.

- Town Guards must always keep the main door of the Jail locked.

- The key for the jail always mist be kept in the depot. Only when there is the need to imprison someone, the key has to be carried with the Town Guard.

- In case of prison sentence the Town Guard has to bring the criminal directly into a cell. There, the criminal must be checked for any weapons and portal books to take them away from him. The Criminal will get them back after his prison sentence.

- The cells have numbers: No. 1 for the cell on ground floor. No.2 the cell in the cellar closer to the ladder. No.3 is the cell in the cellar to the right of cell no.2.

- If a Town Guard witnessed any crime, the Town Guard must report that crime to the Town Guard by filling out a form (see below) and hang it on this Town Board.

- When the time of prison sentence of a criminal is over, the form on the Town Board has to be updated.

- If a criminal refuses to accept the punishment or refuses to serve the sentence imposed by the Town Guard who witnessed the crime, the Town Guard is allowed to use violence to make the criminal follow the orders. If the criminal should be able to flee the criminal is banned for 12 weeks ((4 RL weeks)) from the territory of Troll’s Bane.

- Criminals who have been banned by a Town Guard from the territory of Troll’s Bane or from the Town dare to return earlier into the territory of Troll’s Bane or the Town have to be imprisoned (prison sentence of 9 weeks ((3 RL weeks))). If imprisonment is not possible the criminals have to be knocked out on sight and brought to the jail afterwards.
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Criminal Offence

Full name of Criminal: ____
male/female
Race: ____
Criminal looks like: ____ ((2-5 numbers))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: ____
Names of other witnesses: ____

Place where crime was committed: ____
Date when crime was committed: ____

Criminal Offence(s) committed according to the Criminal Law: ____

Imposed Penalty by the Town Guard:
( ) Silver charge collected: ____ Silvers
( ) Prison Sentence from ____ ((RL dates)) to ____ ((RL dates)) in cell no. 1/2/3
( ) Ban from ____ ((RL dates)) to ____ ((RL dates))
( ) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ____ ((RL date))
( ) Sentence Served and criminal has been let free

Signature of Town Guard with full name, title and seal
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Wanted Poster

Full name of Outlaw: ____
Male/female
Race: ____
Outlaw looks like: ____ ((2-5 numbers))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: ____
Names of other witnesses: ____

Place where crime was committed: ____
Date when crime was committed: ____

Criminal Offence(s) committed according to the Criminal Law: ____

( ) Bring the outlaw alive to the Town Guard; Bounty: ____ Silvers
( ) Bring the outlaw's head to the Town Guard; Bounty: ____ Silvers
( ) Allowed to knock the outlaw out on sight if seen on territory of Troll’s Bane

Signature of the Authority with full name, title and seal
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Criminal Offence

Sentence Served and criminal has been let free

Full name of Criminal: unknown
male
Race: Orc
Criminal looks like: He wears leather pants, nothing else. He is very muscular and his whole body is coverd by scars. He speaks the old tongue quite well, but he is very stupid anyway ((1493xxxxx))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: Siltaris
Names of other witnesses: Andril, Nalcaryos von Weißgrafen

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Thievery, Provocation, Disrespect of Authority, Civil Disorder

( ) Silver charge collected: 0 Silvers
(x) Prison Sentence from ((26th march)) to ((16th april)) in cell no. 1
( ) Ban from ____ to ____
( ) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ____
(x) Sentence Served and criminal has been let free

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Isman

Post by Michael Isman »

On the dawn of the 2nd Ronas, Queen Kurga of the Blookskulls has attacked a dwarf in the Fluffy Sheep tavern, for telling her she 'smells'.
I tried stopping her, but she was enraged and out of control.
Now, if I remember well, I've been /scolded/ by an ambassador of Silverbrand for asking a man to show his feature and pull his hood back, while he was in the tavern. The dwarf had said I have no right to do so, as the tavern is considered Silverbrand.
Since that is so, I will not charge any ban or show any more resistance to Kurga's acting inside of the Tavern. I will let them fight, without intervening. It is Silverbrand after all, and I have no authority there.
I simply wished to report this event.

Michael Isman
Recruit of the Town's Guards
Callith

Post by Callith »

I would like to remind all guards to read the new laws of Trollsbane, also I would request that you use common sense when applying these laws to situations, I will come down harshly on anyone needlessly harassing people when it is clearly unneeded.

Callith
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Keep in mind the Fluffy Sheep Tavern is not Trollsbane Territory. We have little power there.
Manron

Post by Manron »

I just can smile when i read this Michael Isman, i think everyone from you,
goes every day in our tavern, drinking, eat something or uses the depot
behind the bar. When a dwarf get attacked there is no matter to kick the
person who attacked out? What´s when the dwarf is not strong enough?
Every day the town guard sitting on our chairs and drinking beer. No matter
to help a dwarf who is not strong enough? Alraight, i will talk with Thorwald to
close the tavern, then no dwarf can get attacked inside there, then its who
you called it, silverbrand territory!

signed~
Manron
Callith

Post by Callith »

Manron, I feel the need to point out that we pay for food and drinks in the tavern, and that money goes to Silverbrand, secondly we are constantly reminded by your people that we are not allowed to take action or get involved. Perhaps Silverbrand should change their stance and let Trollsbane guard the tavern, as they are clearly unable to protect their own people.

Callith
Manron

Post by Manron »

Borgate get the money, not Silverbrand, he payed silverbrand just a little bit
to stand there and sell his own things. Sure, if you cannot protect your own
people, its better to close it for others, then this problem not happend again.
No tavern, no fights! This is a simple thing!

Signed~
Manron
Michael Isman

Post by Michael Isman »

You pull words out of my mouth, Captain.

Manron, I was once bawled out by your ambassador, because I asked a cloaked man to reveal his features, after my friend Jorokar was kidnapped.
I've been told I have no authority, and shouldn't order people in the tavern, or get involved in happenings there.
So I obeyed, and will not get involved in any happenings there.
I could help anyone who gets aggressed in the tavern, but not as a guard, and when I'm off duty, I try to keep out of trouble, and out of hot situations.
So don't expect my help in the tavern, until guards have authority, like all of Troll's Bane, in there.

With but a little earnestness,
Michael Isman,
Recruit of the Town's Guards
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I still suggest a banning or jail term for Kurga Wolfbane, who has blantantly broken the law of 'Endangerment of Peace', by threatening citizens of Trollsbane. The guard must be shown to enforce its laws.
Skaalib
Gildon de Vymont

Post by Gildon de Vymont »

Full name of Criminal: Dain Laiden
Male
Race: Human
Criminal looks like:

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: None
Names of other witnesses: Kaila Galathil, Miru Yukimistu, Ayame To'Lorn

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Disturbance, Hiding weapons, Civil Disorder. Mayhem, Attempted murder and Homicide, Heresy

( ) Prison Sentence from ____ ((RL dates)) to ____ ((RL dates)) in cell no. 1/2/3
( ) Ban from ((RL dates)) to ((RL dates))
(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: (( April 24th ))

-Gildon de Vymont
Squire of The Knights of Gobaith
Protector of Trollsbane
Gildon de Vymont

Post by Gildon de Vymont »

Full name of Criminal: Zub'Agor
Male
Criminal looks like:

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: None
Names of other witnesses: Kaila Galathil, Miru Yukimistu, Ayame To'Lorn

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Disturbance, Civil Disorder. Mayhem, Attempted murder and Homicide,

( ) Ban from ((RL dates)) to ((RL dates))
(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: (( April 20th ))

-Gildon de Vymont
Squire of The Knights of Gobaith
Protector of Trollsbane
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Criminal Offence

Full name of Outlaw: Dain Laiden
Male
Race: human
Outlaw looks like: He has two signs of the occult carved under his eyes into his cheeks. Furthermore, he is very skilled in using his sword. ((11031xxxx))

Names of other witnesses: Rania, Ogerawa, ((133xxxx)), ((162xxx))

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Robbery, Disrespect of Authority, Civil Disorder, Heresy

( ) Prison Sentence from ____ to ____ in cell no. 1/2/3
(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ((3rd mayl))

He has to be knocked out on sight and afterwards put into jail

Siltaris
~Governor of Troll's Bane
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Criminal Offence

Full name of Outlaw: Zub 'Agor
Male
Race: human
Outlaw looks like: ((1194xxxx))

Names of other witnesses: Rania, Ogerawa, ((133xxxx)), ((162xxx))

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Robbery, Disrespect of Authority, Civil Disorder

( ) Prison Sentence from ____ to ____ in cell no. 1/2/3
(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ((3rd may))

He has to be knocked out on sight and afterwards put into jail

Siltaris
~Governor of Troll's Bane
Michael Isman

Post by Michael Isman »

Criminal Offence

Full name of Criminal: Dain Laden & Zub 'Agor
males
Race: Dain is human, Zub is an orc.
Criminal looks like: Dain looks like ((11031.....) and Zub ((11943.....))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: Recruit Michael Isman
Names of other witnesses: Ogerawa, Miru Yukimitsu, Quay Calimon, Gildon de Vymont

Criminal Offence committed according to the Criminal Law: Disturbing peace, (They locked up at least five persons in the farthest north room of the tavern's cellar)

(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: (( 30 March ))

Michael Isman
I also have to report, that we had to shove the chest into the door to break it down and get out.
I believe Zub and Dain should be the ones to pay the dwarfs for reparing the door.

Also, they have both been beaten to near death, and their corpse looted by the different individuals that were around. I didn't manage to know who took what, though.
Noon

Post by Noon »

So for placing people within a cellar for an hour or so, warranted thier beatings to near death. My, my self proclaimed justice to its fullest.

Regards, your friendly neighbourhood Connor
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Two dwarves and one elfie attackes Gabon in town walls!

i wos walkin to workshop when dwarfie challaged meh outside town so course i accepted and course again i beated him. Elfie come runnin frum no whur and steals da prizes i jus won frum beatin da stump so i chace him. we get ter cross aund i yell ter elfie dat he no longer beh safe any whur but Bain couse he make act ob agression twards orc and helped dwarfies. Noder dwarfie come walkin round and dem talks fer wile den da new dwarfie say Ready! and dem all tree charges meh. i attacked dem back beating one back but den oder two over run meh. Den dem comes and say i am prisoner ob stumptown aund i got go wif em WHEN I WOS IN TROLLSBANE WALLS. oomaness shows up aund tells em dem got nubba right ter take meh and dem tries ter fights it. Dem kept sayin i attacked dem, many bainies know Gabon and dem know meh not ter beh dumb aund attack tree on one aund dem will tries argue dis but dem lien. der trien get Bain on der side ter fight off orcs when all der reallies doing is tricken yoo. Dem attacked meh in yer walls! i respect yer neutrality jus like oder orcs will. da dwarfies wos Andril aund Tungdil. da elfie looked liken ((9480*****)) aund i didnt get his name.

Bane sud watch out fer des stump dem tricky and dem know dem cunnot wis wif out yer help so dem tries make orcs look liken bad ones.

Gabon Corad
Red SKull of the Bloodskulls
Callith

Post by Callith »

All people mentioned in the above account by Gabon are hereby ordered to send an explanation to me regarding their actions, also any witnesses who helped Gabon it would be appreciated if you contacted me.

Anyone of the accused who fail to send an explanation will be considered guilty by myself and I will punish them to the full extent of my powers.

Callith
Captain of the Guard.
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Troll's Bane wrote:Bloodskull Clan and Silverbrand,
Citizens and folks of Gobiath,

In these times of war between the Orcs of the Bloodskull Clan and the dwarves of Silberbrand, Troll's Bane always has stated that it will stay neutral.

Regarding the latest incidents which happened in Troll's Bane and which endangered lives of Citizens and people within the Town Walls, Troll's Bane hereby declares that the Town is closed for every party participating this war.
From this day on until the day where a treaty of peace is signed by all involved parties, Troll's Bane must not be entered by any member of the Bloodskull Clan nor any citizen of Silverbrand nor any other party which may intervene into this war.
Thus, the Town is forbidden territory for members of the Bloodskull Clan and Citizens of Silberbrand people. Everyone who enters the town anyway gets punished violently, possibly without warning. The rule is clear: No party involved in this war is allowed to enter the town - follow this rule and nothing will happen to you.

Furthermore Troll's Bane annuls the status of the Tavern as being Silverbrand's embassy for the time the war lasts. Troll's Bane and the Town Guard will care for peace in the Tavern as they are doing in the whole town and territory of Troll's Bane. The Town Guard of Troll's Bane has full power to act in the Tavern as long as the war lasts.

With these actions Troll's Bane underlines its neutral status during this war.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane

~~~~~~~~~~~

rough translation:

Bloodskull Clan und Silberbrand,
Bürger und Bewohner Gobiaths,

Troll's Bane wird von dieser Stunde an seine Stadtmauern für die an dem Krieg beteiligten Parteien schließen. Damit wird es keiner Partei mehr erlaubt sein, die Stadt zu betreten. Jeder Verstoß kann mit sofortiger Gewalteinwirkung durch der Stadtwache bestraft werden, welche dazu dienlich ist das Subjekt aus der Stadt zu entfernen. Jeder, der die Waffe gegen die Stadtwache erhebt, macht sich strafbar.

Desweiteren wird Troll's Bane für die Dauer des Krieges den Status der Taverne als Botschaft Silberbrands aufheben und unter den Schutz Troll's Banes stellen. Die Taverne bleibt Eigentum Silberbrands. Der Status als Botschaft Silberbrands tritt nach Beendigung des Krieges durch beiderseitiger Unterzeichung eines Friedensvertrages in Kraft.

~Siltaris~
Statthalterin Trol's Banes
Callith

Post by Callith »

Dain is working for the Seer, he is to be killed on sight.

Callith
Callith

Post by Callith »

Wanted Poster

Full name of Outlaw: Unknown
Male
Outlaw looks like: (14231*****)

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: Callith
Names of other witnesses:Dantagon Marescot

He is one of the seers helpers. Kill on sight.

Callith
Captain of the guard

A dark figure

Post by A dark figure »

Walking in the town, mingling with the other citizens, noone knowing the true identity of The Seer, simply approached, and pinned a parchment near the wanted poster;

If you capture my orc, kill him.

The Seer
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Criminals who have been banned by a Town Guard from the territory of Troll’s Bane or from the Town dare to return earlier into the territory of Troll’s Bane or the Town have to be imprisoned (prison sentence of 9 weeks ((3 RL weeks))). If imprisonment is not possible the criminals have to be knocked out on sight and brought to the jail afterwards.
For those who do not understand that a ban includes the territory and think it means only the town. And at the same time, still return to town no matter how many times you have been attacked within the walls in the past week.

That means you Dain.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Michael Isman

Post by Michael Isman »

This posted has been taken down by orders of the Captain
Last edited by Michael Isman on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Dain Laiden and Avalyon el'Hattarr are banned from Trollsbane so they are NOT protected by law inside the town. An attack on them is NOT illegal.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Callith

Post by Callith »

Dain is a wanted criminal, I have authorized anyone to kill on sight. Please remove this Michael.

Callith
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Names of other witnesses: Dain Laden, Avalyon El'Hatarr
Ya FoUnD pErSoNs, Ya ReAlLy ShOuLd TrUsT dEy NeBbEr BeEn ThIefS oR eVeN wOrSe ThInS!

By ThE wAy, MiChAeL iS hAlF-aSsEd!
CoWaRd NuBb EvEn HuNt MeH aFtEr MeH tOlD hIm MeH bAnNeD!

DaT iNsUlT eVeN fOr HuMaN gUaRd!

~unsigned
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Mister Ismar, I want to be informed WHERE that all happened.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~