Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

How dare any of you mock a guard that defends yourselves and those within town. How dare you berate a undermanned guard who asks no thanks from you for doing their best to defend your sorry arses. If you think they are not doing their best, then join the guard and help those that risk their lives. Other wise keep your mouths, or in this case, quills silent and let the guard do their job.

Revlen
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Thats the problem, Revlen. The guards do not even do there jobs.

Julius Rothman
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

If you stand tall as a tree, And portray the towns folk to be branches, No doubt they will snap.
Unsigned
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I didn't realize Revlen was still around. Perhaps onje of these days he'll stop being a fool and will be able to capture me for more than a day at a time. Yet, somehow, none of the guards were able to patrol well enough to catch me writing a note. Oops, spoke too soon, I see one a bit off.

~Zen

The note is in a different handwriting than any written by 'Curtis', and as such it would be impossible to connect the two
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Today two orcs kidnapped a boy who seemd to be around 14 years old (( 1*0*1*4*3* )). Everything started in ym tavern, but they soon ran trough Troll´s Bane to the teleporter.
There one of the orcs and the boy dissapeard.
One of the orcs, the one who dissapeard with the boy, called himself Kruugdush and looked like (( ****28303 ))
The other orc looked like (( 148776**** )) and at the moment he is with us at the teleporter.
Other widnesses except me are Josy Wyatt and Lonfurd Brodem

~Andril

Something is writen below
The boy is called Galvin Tjime
Last edited by Senrin der Ältere on Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Senrin der Ältere wrote:Today two orcs kidnapped a boy who seemd to be around 14 years old (( 1*0*1*4*3* )). Everything started in ym tavern, but they soon ran trough Troll´s Bane to the teleporter.
There one of the orcs and the boy dissapeard.
One of the orcs, the one who dissapeard with the boy, called himself Kruugdush and looked like (( ****28303 ))
The other orc looked like (( 148776**** )) and at the moment he is with us at the teleporter.
Other widnesses except me are Josy Wyatt and Lonfurd Brodem

~Andril
Achae appears increasingly worried as she stops to read the post and whispers "Galvin?"
Senrin der Ältere

Addition to the note above:
Lonfurd payed 15 Silvercoins and we let the orc we catched, Gaz, free, and got the boy instead.
Lonfurd and I follow them

~Andril
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Ereaes wrote:How dare any of you mock a guard that defends yourselves and those within town. How dare you berate a undermanned guard who asks no thanks from you for doing their best to defend your sorry arses. If you think they are not doing their best, then join the guard and help those that risk their lives. Other wise keep your mouths, or in this case, quills silent and let the guard do their job.

Revlen
I do not mock gaurds that defend me for they do NOT defend me.

Unsigned
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

I am no longer of the guard, so i have no intention of capturing anyone, but neither can i stand by and watch fools speak bad about those that do their best to help defend and save lives. As long as there has been a guard, there have been morons about to criticize them. This is nothing new, and it will continue i am sure for there are no limits to how many fools there are. So either give suggestions, progressive suggestions to those that try their best to defend you, or shut up completely, for you are not helping the guards, but the criminals.

Revlen
Tanistian_Kanea

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:it's called a schedule. plan it so one person is always there and make commitments. but then that would require organization, intelligence and dedicating.
I did give a suggestion, it happened to be ignored. So Revlan perhaps you should read all of what i have said before you say i have or have not done something. As for this being a good sugestion, it is, for there have been no signs of a schedule in all the years of the gaurd being ran. So it would be a good sugestion.

unsigned.
Lamar

Post by Lamar »

Grüße offizielle von Trolls Bane!

Ich gab 15 Silber um einen Jungen von den verbrecherischen Orks freizukaufen.
Meine Frage: Wird mir die Stadt TrollsBane den entstandenen Schaden ersetzen? Immerhin war in ganz Bane keine Wache zu erreichen, und so blieb uns keine andere Wahl.

Ich wäre euch sehr verbunden, denn ich bin nichts als ein armer Schneider.

M. zum Gruß

~lonfurd
Senrin der Ältere

Die Reaktionen auf die Entführung durch die Stadtwache lässt zu wünschen übrig...

~unsigned
bobbyjoemama

Post by bobbyjoemama »

I'd like to turn myself in for heresy, i deserve to e punished for my actions
~ steeve
Karl

Post by Karl »

All you need is a rope, and a tree's branch.

~ Coellus Andrinor
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Ereaes wrote:I am no longer of the guard, so i have no intention of capturing anyone, but neither can i stand by and watch fools speak bad about those that do their best to help defend and save lives. As long as there has been a guard, there have been morons about to criticize them. This is nothing new, and it will continue i am sure for there are no limits to how many fools there are. So either give suggestions, progressive suggestions to those that try their best to defend you, or shut up completely, for you are not helping the guards, but the criminals.

Revlen

Tis' people such as thee, that bring such disgrace, and indeed mockary the town guard. How is one who deems the very people they are trying to protect 'fools' be expected to undertake such a position of authority, it is all so clear that your decision to leave the town guard has been a good one, for there are already too many with such standards. Perhaps the town guard will be able to replace you with one with the vision, respect, honour, and ofcourse ability that is needed.

~unsigned
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It's unfortunate because the higher ups claimed that security was a top priority, now it is worse than before.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

To be fair Fooser, As I remember, When you where the governor there was what, 3 people in the whole guard?

~Unsigned~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Evan Ross wrote:To be fair Fooser, As I remember, When you where the governor there was what, 3 people in the whole guard?

~Unsigned~
You're probably right, it fluctuated quite a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was at three during one point. Yet at the same time, those who made an oath to defend the town, combined with allies from Silverbrand and elsewhere pushed back attacks from the temple and Negros. Crime wasn't as much of a problem then either, because they all seemed attracted to the temple anyways, making that the main problem.

We can discuss past events for a long time, but isn't your question really a petty distraction from the issues at hand here?

And the guard isn't the biggest problem, Trolls Bane seems to be facing a crisis, and yet no one seems to care, I can't quite figure it out. People are no longer living in Trolls Bane, they go elsewhere to live. The town gives no reason for people to stay. Now that the town has minimal actual residents, and mostly visitors and traders, we havent adapted at all. Reverting this trend will take extensive time and effort, but at the very least, to cope and adapt to it. See for yourself, night after night, the tavern is usually empty, Eliza stands around bored.

The smaller, yet still important issue brought up here, is that the residents and traders that actually do still come here are being hassled by theives and so forth, pretty much on a common basis, making it so that even more people are turned off from being in Trolls Bane.

Let it not be said no one objected as Trolls Bane went deeper into its problems, it's just unfortunate to see that those left care so little that they make no noise at all.

F
Grant

Post by Grant »

Did I have anything to do with the downfall of this once marvelous town, dear Fooser?

Constantine Valentine
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

None of the actions the current government did was the cause for Troll's Bane's actual status. If other vilages are more visited today, it's fine - there will be a time when Troll's Bane will be the trading hub again. And the city still has the most merchants.

There are still so many people coming through the city, the town guard would need an insane amount of guards to protect every corner at every time...
Karl

Post by Karl »

A tall, finely clothed elf approaches the boards, a hand running through his goatee, severe gaze running along the scribbled words. He shakes his head slightly, sighing. Reaching down his cloth bag for a quill and small ink bottle, he dips the edge into the dark liquid and begins writing, with a sleek handwriting, his own note.

"It is my belief, that Troll's Bane collects at least 20 silvers of taxes from the teleporters, and other merchants per dwarven day. If that is not enough to hire, and convince many men to stand by the town's Guards, I'd be damned."

The note remains unsigned, perhaps of lack of care.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Grant wrote:Did I have anything to do with the downfall of this once marvelous town, dear Fooser?

Constantine Valentine
Probably
Miklorius wrote:None of the actions the current government did was the cause for Troll's Bane's actual status.
Correct, it's the lack of action that caused the status. There has been no cycle of people leaving and coming back to Trolls Bane in the past, people were always here. Now almost no one is around, this is not a cycle, because it has never happened before. People are leaving, prosperity is out of reach, and people will most likely continue the same foolish policy.

F
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Do you have any proof that people are leaving Troll's Bane because "the lack of action"?! Why should they leave the city?

I only agree that it seems there are less people staying in Troll's Bane, but maybe fewer came to Gobiath or a lot of them left the island?
Tanistian_Kanea

left the island would be leaving Trollsbane as well you unitelligent fool.

unsigned.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae stops to read the board with a growing frown on her face and with some hesitancy at first, then with more determination, she finally reaches in her bag pulling pen and parchment to write a brief note in precise handwriting.

Sirs,

I thought this board was to be about Town Guard information and occurances of crime in the city of Trolls Bane. It is getting difficult to read any descriptions of the criminals due to all these anonymous posts. Do we have so many criminals that they must now post all anonymously?

Looking up and ignoring some posts she adds more to her note

Fooser,

The town also appears more empty as people seem to be moving, however, in the past it seemed to me the Town Guard had help in their duties from the Knights, and simply those kind people willing. That no longer seems the case now, or rarely. Is it possible that the population decrease affects this also? I have heard some say that even if a criminal is caught, there is no key to put them in jail until someone in authority could help. I have no quick answers however.

((just wondering if the times there is no town guard, a char that is usually in town or ig can have a copy of the key to the jail))

The parchment is signed

Achae Eanstray
Druid of the Forest
Lamar

Post by Lamar »

Lamar wrote:Grüße offizielle von Trolls Bane!

Ich gab 15 Silber um einen Jungen von den verbrecherischen Orks freizukaufen.
Meine Frage: Wird mir die Stadt TrollsBane den entstandenen Schaden ersetzen? Immerhin war in ganz Bane keine Wache zu erreichen, und so blieb uns keine andere Wahl.

Ich wäre euch sehr verbunden, denn ich bin nichts als ein armer Schneider.

M. zum Gruß

~lonfurd
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

It is always a pleasure to read Fooser's handwriting and to see that this lizard cares for this town in his own unconventional way.
I would call this way as critique without becoming active at all.
However, I am used to his behaviour, so I do not wonder about that any more.

Troll's Bane accepts and welcomes all help it can get when it comes down to hire Town Guards.
The Guards who already have joined know that they get payment and support in all they need as town guard.
I thought people know that as well.

Since months, since I am Governor:
- Guards get a monthly payment of 20 Silvers.
- Guards get full support in armor and weapons, high quality only.
- Guards get free training by the Captain and myself.
- Guards get a ring which proves they are town guards of Troll's Bane.
- Guards get free food as much as they want.
- Guards get free healing potions.
- Guards get a key to the jail.

I wonder what else could attract people to become guards.

Since there still are only a few Guards in town at regular times, more actions need to be done in future to attract people to become guard.
Nevertheless, Troll's Bane has 6 Town guards and 3 protectors. Some of them are on journeys.

All this to your information.

Sincerely,
~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Governor Siltaris, Last I checked, Guards no longer get keys. I was told only the Capitan has one.

~Guard Evan Ross~
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

In the course of rebuilding the jail, there will be keys available for all guards, maybe even for recruits.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Karl

Post by Karl »

It is my belief, that there should be NO such thing as a 'recruit'.
Either you trust a man to be a guard, either you do not.