Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Hiding behind anonymity is a sign of weakness.

Trollsbane is interested in this matters since the Lich appeared first in Trollsbane and threaten to send his foes first to this town. So it is for sure in our interest to know about the boys whereabouts and to be sure that he is safe. It is also our interest to know more about the whole story and why a Lich is after him. At the end the battle against that Lich may happen in Trollsbane. I am very sorry for you if you can't understand our concern in this matter.

It won't be your town in which the Lich will start his fightings but our. Remember, ignorance has been the downfall of many greater than you.

We won't risk the safety of Trollsbane and maybe even the whole isle based on the words of some unknown who may be even a danger for the boy. We know nothing about you and we don't know if the boy is really safe. As long as you can't give us proof of your good intentions and the boys safety we can't trust you and won't do so.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Karl

Post by Karl »

Miss Meryadeles,

Unfortunately, it seems to me you have just revealed to the lich that you have no intentions of giving it the boy back, a bad move, in my opinion. If it happens that it was able to read in its mortal form, we have troubles.

~ Coellus Andrinor
Samantha Meryadeles

Our intentions of not handing over the boy was already stated in Governeur Siltaris first letter concerning this. We make no secret out of it. We would never pretend to help a lich or to send a boy into his doom. As peoples with honor and principles we won't do something like that.

I am a devoted follower of Zhambra and I would never work together with a lich, nor pretend to help one.

Zhambra is my guardian, Zhambra is my light.

Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

A hooded figure approaches the Board, reading the parchments and chuckles slightly. Then she write few words under the last Parchment.

Defend the town, I'll defend the boy. Not necessary to know more. He don't wish to speak with others. He is safe.

/unsigned

The figure turns and merging with the darkness of the night.
Samantha Meryadeles

Then we can't and won't trust you and have to see you as a possible threat and danger, I am sorry.

Trollsbane still asks every citizen and man or women on the isle to look for the boy. We also wish to ask everyone to look for those who may be with the boy or who may hold him even hostage. We have to count with the worse. He may be in the hands of criminals, or other peoples which can't be trusted. Peoples which may even have the plan to sell the boy to the Lich. Please help us and that boy to find him so that we all can be sure about his safety.

Noon

Post by Noon »

The witch wish's the child to practice her own dark magics. Beware fair townfolk.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The boy is in my care. Miss Samantha, you think of everyone else as incompetent beings. Let it be known here, That I must not reveal the location of the boy to you, nor anyone else for the fact that the Lich already has followers. If you want to be helpful, Look for Dashdonog and Duece. For they are trying to take the boy to the Lich. I fought for this boy long before you knew he existed. Do not threaten any of those I trust, or me. Or I will take that as a stab in the back.

A Protector of the Isle.
Samantha Meryadeles

As long as I don't know WHO has the boy I won't and can't trust any anonymous messages. There is no need to hide any informations for me or Siltaris. That you can't and won't tell us more shows me that you are not trustworthy. How shall I take your intentions as good if you are not able to tell us more? That doesn't makes you very trustworthy for us. You should understand that.

Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Have faith. Siltaris will tell you to cease your constant pestering soon.

A Protector of the Isle
Samantha Meryadeles

Governeur Siltaris won't be available for the next days. I am her substitute. Siltaris won't be available until the day the Lich plans to attack the town. So you have to speak to me, or you will risk too much just because of your foolish mistrust for my person.
Maybe you should, in the interest of the isle, stop being so arrogant and try to avoid doing a big failure.

Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Why don't you take your own advice. I'm doing as I promised to the boy. And my oath to my god.

A protector of the Isle
Samantha Meryadeles

So you promised to the boy you won't speak with anyone of those who try to protect him and to defeat the Lich which is after him? You promised him to risk the worse for everyone? You promised the boy to do a failure?

You should be more carefull with your promises. And still, I can't trust the words of anonymous writers

Should the boy be harmed through your doings, or should the isle suffer more then needed because of that, I will make sure that the guilt of yours will be punished. Take that as a promise.

Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

And do you know the boy is innocent in all this? He has brought this danger upon us, and, in my opinion, he should be on the first ship to the mainland; what do the island owe this boy? How many people would fight a war for the sake of this boy? There have been too many on Gobiath.

Skaalib
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Your absolutely correct. I promised not to tell anyone where he is. Your quite observant, even in sarcasm Miss Samantha. I made my promise. And I don't break them. If I die keeping that promise. So Be it. This debate is over. I will not reveal the location, nor argue with one so arrogant as you. You could kill me and not get the location. Unless the boy wants me to say. But he doesn't. So stay to yourself. and worry about the problems in your town.

A Protector of the Isle
Clarissa El Votran

Post by Clarissa El Votran »

What worth is it to risk the life of many for the life of one?

- The Kiss in the Dark
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

since when does a substitute leader of the most crime-ridden village on gobaith have the right, to speak for everyone and for the whole island?

did i miss something?
did trollsbane allready conquer the whole island?

as far as i heard, the witch, that speaks in name of "everybody" and wants to decide over the whole island, herself is suspected of doing evil witchcraft, and has to face a trial.

is that, what the talks about common stance about crime was for? to unite everyone on this isle under ttrollsbane flaggs?

to the one, who firms as protector:
may be, you should try out, if there are others, who might be willing to help without conditions...

Tjalf, Jarl of the Nordmark
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

If anything unite under the flag of the knights of Gobaith. If we hand over this boy there will be worse trouble, I am sure. If the lich strikes Trolls Bane, it will strike anywhere and everywhere. Stop it now! Stand up and fight for the threat is not limited to one, but all upon the isle! I am sure the boy is safe within the care of this so call protector. Do not threat for the boys life, but take up arms to defend your own!

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
-- Warrior of Bragon

Below his signature is a gold seal which appears to contain a rampant horse standing up against a sun.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

What worse trouble could there possibly be? Send the boy on a boat back to the mainland, this island is not responsible for him. And if the lich wants the boy, he will follow, he is not interested in this little island.
Skaalib
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Has any of you spent a moment of his time asking himself - or the boy - WHY the lich desires the sword, or the clashing of your own swords is the only thought that runs trough your norrowed minds?
Why are you so eager to sacrifice the lifes of Gobiath's people on the altar of your own ignorance and arrogance?

- A friend
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

If the people of Gobaith start handing out children to Lichs just to save their own live for them, i really start to ask myself if this is the place where i want to raise my children.

Stop asking where the boy is and start sharping oyur weapons. Its obvious that this protector dont want to hand out the boy, so prepare for the lich, instead of argueing about handing him out or not. The boy wont be handed out. Period.

Enwell van Illdoran
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

To 'A friend'
I have to agree with you. The lich must want the boy for a reason, and the boy may not be innocent in all this. The easiest solution, as I have repeatedly said, is not to hand over the boy to the lich, as some seem to think I am saying, but to smuggle him on the next ship to the mainland. He can try his luck there.
I for one, shall fight for no boy who is a complete stranger, have never met with or spoken to, or indeed know what this is all about.
Skaalib
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Even if you don't know him, how can you seriusly tell us, to leave a young, protectless boy to his luck?

~Taeryon Silverlight
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

The boy has thus far eluded the lich, and is apparently intelligent or very lucky. I think he would do well on the mainland.

/unsigned.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

He is not this island's responsibility, and indeed, had he any sense he would realise the trouble he brings and leave of his own free will. But I say once more, I won't fight for someone who has not spoken in public about this whole ordeal.
Skaalib
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

How shell he speak to the public when he's beeing held in a hidden place for his own safety? Also, if he would show himself to the public, it would be an easy thing for that lich to get him. I, personally, don't want to know, how mighty that sword really is.

~Taeryon Silverlight
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Folks of Gobiath,

In times where a Lich comes to Gobiath - our all home - there is no need to argue with each other. We have to be united. We have to care for out home. We have to keep peace. We have to stand against evil.

Troll's Bane was the place the Lich got in contact with for the first time. The Lich told Troll's Bane to hand over the Boy. Thus, it was a matter of Troll's Bane at first instance given to Troll's bane by the Lich.

The Town Guard was ordered in secret to look for the boy. To bring him to a safe place. However, now the boy is safe. And I ask the people who care for him to care for him well. No matter what will happen to the island - never give the boy to the Lich, a spawn of Moshran.

Troll's Bane never will help the spawns of Moshran. Troll's Bane will never help a Lich. The time, when Troll's Bane will give up the fight against a Lich shall be the time where all of us will feel the embrace of the Five.
It allways have been that way and it shall be forever.

Troll's Bane has asked the towns of Gobiath for help in this fight, since in past the island was united in the fight against evil. I hope this time there will be no difference.

So I ask all free people of Gobiath to stand against the will of a conscienceless Lich. To prove once more that Gobiath is a place where justice and freedom are virtues everyone stands for.

Troll's Bane will do so and hopes to get support by others - by you.
It will not be Troll's Bane who will defeat this thread - it will be us: Gobiath!

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane

To the Town Guard of Troll's Bane: Prepare yourself
Dunklerlord

Post by Dunklerlord »

Wir vordern euch auf, den Mord an Daradur zu klären.
~~~der Rat~~~
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

And what say you to my alterante proposal of sending this boy back to the mainland? If it would please you, you could even send a couple of your guards with him. This is the only logical solution; a compromise between some fools who would give the boy to the lich, and some fools who would fight this lich to the death over a child who has been on this island for all of five minutes.
And I would still like to see this boy write a few lines on the matter; it is him that has caused all this trouble; indeed, why not have this lich write a few words, as no doubt some would say he has caused the trouble.

Skaalib
Samantha Meryadeles

Your ideas have no value. Even IF we would concider sending the boy the the mainland, we don't have him. Unknown peoples have the boy. We neither know where he is, nor with whom. So any thoughrs concerning sending him away are useless.

Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

A parchment is removed and replaced by another

Since there are new insights, charges on the criminal:

Full name of Criminal: Deuce
male
Race: human
Criminal looks like: ((11145***))

are removed until further notice.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Last edited by Troll's Bane on Wed May 30, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.