The Knights of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Knights of Gobaith

The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

The Knights of Gobaith

Formerly Kallahorn, the Knights of Gobaith are a group of knights, squires, and pages who give fealty to the isle of Gobaith and its people. Upon the change of the year 21, they shed their old name in order to turn over a new leaf. They seek to help keep the peace upon the isle of Gobaith. Protect the weak, the innocent, and help the poor. They also do their best to help enforce the laws of the various towns. They hold a keep at the east end of Gobaith called Kallahorn Keep. It resides there to protect the good citizens of Gobaith and offer them shelter in hard times.

Knighthood Symbol:
A rampant horse against a rising sun.

Sun: Gold

Horse:

Page: Vert (Green) to represent hope and loyalty

Squire: Azure (Blue) to represent trust and loyalty

Knight: Sanguine (Maroon) to represent one who is patient in battle, yet victorious

Knights

Sir Amroth Surion
Coat of Arms: Purple field fronted with a silver bird of prey, five silver stars rest in a line above the bird

Dame Ayla To'lorn
Coat of Arms: Blue field with a silver cross engrailed, fronted with a purple panther, on its right a black cross, on its left a red rose, in all four corners sit a white rose

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Coat of Arms: Red field with a white Y, fronted with a golden dragon

Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Coat of Arms: Red field divided by a black bend with a white lining and three white roses. There are two golden lions on either side of the bend, one inverted. At the bottom rests a rising golden sun.

Squires

Squire Gildon de Vymont
Squire Konrad Knox
Squire Dain Aldous

Pages

Page Quay Calimon
Page Yusuf Amadi Randol
Page Ganon Harper
Page Scott Macleod

Page Apprentices

Page Apprentice Arthael Meranwyn
Page Apprentice Imori Daumier
Page Apprentice Dave Monk
Page Apprentice Sean Michael Haynesworth

Other Members

Galvin Tjime -- Carpenter
Magnus -- Farmer
Annouka -- Herbalist, Cook, Tailor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duties

Knights:
Uphold the laws of the towns. Protect the innocent and the weak. Give charitably to the poor. Teach the squires the meaning of knighthood, fighting and fighting techniques.

Squires:
Create a coat of arms for when knighted; teach the pages the knightly values, the gods, and the towns with each of their laws. They also must squire to a knight and help tend to their needs. Teach pages the basics of all close combat forms. If they have caused trouble within a town and become banned it is their duty to find a way to remove themself from this list. A knight must try to be on good terms with all towns in order to do their job.

Pages:
Carry out the orders of the knighthood, learn what they must, and continue to do as a knight must. Mistakes can be made, of course. But one should always strive to be as knightly as possible.

Code of Chivalry:
1. You shall do your best to follow knightly values; these values include being honorable, loyal, respectful, merciful, forgiving, trustful, just, charitable, generous, noble, courageous, and truthful.

2. You shall never strike their enemy unaware. You cannot attack someone’s back unless it has been turned on purpose. It is also considered dishonorable to attack someone who is unarmed, this excludes creatures or people who are seeking to cause injury to others.

3. You shall defend those who can not defend themselves, give charitably to the poor, feed the hungry, and provide shelter to the homeless.

4. You shall not spread lies nor speak untruths. The truth shall be spoken only, though the right remains to not speak at all should the truth bring harm upon yourself or others. When a pledge is spoken, you shall do your best to remain true to your word.

5. You shall be noble in your deeds and your actions. Respect and mercy shall be given to those who deserve it. Be humble in every way possible, never gloat or brag over past action.

6. You shall be the barer of peace where chaos resides. End fights instead of start them. Words shall be the first shield against those who wish harm upon others. Only draw your sword when necessary in protecting the peace.

7. You shall commit no crime of common law. You are not above the laws and it is your duty to follow them to the best of your ability. Any moves against the laws of the land and its towns will be judged and dealt with harshly.

Admittance: People will be accepted as a page apprentice before they are asked to swear the oath of a page. During the time of one dwarven month time the page apprentice will carry out minor tasks in the knighthood and will be watched during this time to decide if they are worth of the rank of page. This will also help us control the amount of pages in the knighthood and not disclude anyone from joining. If in one dwarven month the page apprentice has not been seen around they will be removed from the list and will be able to reapply or to continue page apprentice ship.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
~ Dame Ayla To'lorn

Memorial:
Page Drendell Da' Ruhk

((Private Knighthood Board: http://gobaithknights.proboards57.com/index.cgi ))

(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=20340 -- Arameh
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=22024 -- Mark
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=14608 -- Stephen))
Last edited by The Knights of Gobaith on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Nordmark

Post by Nordmark »

Knights of Gobaith - a noble project!

in the name of the Nordmark, I wish you sucsess for your ambitious plans!
(even, if you seem to ignore our existence)

Tjalf of Nordmark
Jarl of the Dragonclan
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Forgive me. I read about the policies of the Nordmark and how they would rather people stay out of their buisness and have people stay out of yours. I choose to respect that, but I would gladly work with the Nordmark if they are interested in doing so.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

be greeted, Sir Dantagon Marescot!

allthough you civilized people call us barbarians, we basicly are farmers and crafters, who want to live in peace.
it is just to ensure this peace, that makes us warriors as well.

if you are looking for someone to trade with, you are very wellcome!
if you are looking for political alliances, we say nay. - not excluding, that one day, if we might have the same enemies, we might fight side by side.

again wishing you good luck with your reformation of your order.

Tjalf of Nordmark
Grant

Post by Grant »

I am sure when Mark Strongarm gave you the knighthood that he in no way meant or gave you the authority to change the name Dantagon. By changing the name, you are ensuring that you are the ruler of this Knighthood, even when he comes back. In my eyes that is your own power hungry disguised by something that looks half arsed ( if that).
My father made the Knighthood as Kallahorn. Wherever Mark, Arameh, and Stephen are now I am sure that they would be quite mad to come back to find the Knighthood renamed to the mediocre name of Knights of Gobaith. I have built the land that you dwell before I had released my father, Stephen out of jail. The second floor was also built by me. At one time I wished to join this knighthood again and Arameh gave me the task of getting him the supplies of the second floor. I had done this.
Everything with the small building simmers with the name Rothman and Kallahorn. It was built in the name Kallahorn. I hereby claim this land back in the name of Kallahorn and Rothman, and will wait until Mister Strongarm returns.

Rothman I
King of Roushan
Dantagon Marescot

Mark and I have agreed on this. If you do not believe me, send word to him. The name stays with us and will be used as Kallahorn Keep. I am in no means the leader. Once Mark returns and we gain more knights it will be a collaberation. Go back to your castle, Grant. That is where you belong, and that is where you will stay. If you wish to be apart of us, prove yourself as a knight and not as a false king.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
Grant

Post by Grant »

Where do you get off telling me what to do, Dantagon? You are in no way my leader, nor will you ever tell me or even think to tell me what to do. For I am above trash such as yourself and the Marescot name.

Rothman I
Dantagon Marescot

I ask you the same thing, Grant. Where do you have the right to take back Kallahorn in your name? I do not care of what you think of my name, Grant. We are just poor farmers from the lands of the Serinjah. Nothing special.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Grant Rothman,

I knew your father quite well. I was honoured to be his student and I respected him greatly. He was my mentorin the knighthood up until the time of his departure. I can assure you that the changes that are being made to the knighthood, are ones that he would have wanted. The name has changed because we are of the isle of Gobiath and stand to help those of the land, not just the one part known as Kallahorn. The other changes are to being the members of the knighthood closer together and better prepared to serve those of Gobiath. I can also tell you that I witnessed the planning of the changes as Sir Strongarm and Sir Marescot made them.

If I may comment on your task to Sir Arameh, the completion of a task does not make one a knight. Knowledge, wisdom, respect, honour, loyalty, and courage are just a few of the characteristics that a knight should display. I am yet to see you display some of these.

As for your your use of one's name to determine their status is very unbecoming of a king. How can you judge someone based on their race, gender, or bloodline?

Beyond this, I suggest that a change of tones is in order. Should things progress as they are, may the Five forbid it, people may become injured.

I wish you well with your kingdom, and hope that we may find peace for the sake of Gobiath.

May Elara guide you,

-Amroth Surion-
-Squire of the Knighthood of Gobiath-
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

I am fully open to train pages. I would prefer that pages choose me, rather than I choose them. As it may be difficult to find me, I suggest that you contact me by dove.

Elara guide you,

~Amroth Surion~
The Knights of Gobaith

Jorokar Sladrir has sworn the oath and is now admited as a page into our knighthood. I hope the squire that he works with him will teach him well.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

I have added the begining of our Code of Chivalry to the guild papers. I am sorry for not adding this upon the change, it had slipped my mind. I will let you know if I add more or change them.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
-- Warrior of Bragon
The Knights of Gobaith

Our good friend and page, Drendell Da' Ruhk has passed on upon this day. At this point I know not the cause of his death. Regardless, may we never forget Dren, as he was a friend to all and an even closer ally.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Matholamew Dunsinane

Post by Matholamew Dunsinane »

A blood soaked piece of parchment falls on the ground by the board, dropped by a dove. All there is on it is a scribbled M, and a teardrop on the cloth. The teardrop and blood seem to have come from the same body. a short scribbled note is on the back...

"brothers...i need your he..."

The dove looks around, seeming to have no where left to go.
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

I would like to ask you, SIR Dantagon, why I was removed from the list of pages. Am I no longer a brother of the knightood? I write this note in great anger and confusion, for I have abided to the oath all along, though have left for a quick trip, as stated in the dove I sent you. I am not sure I want to be part of the now "Knights of Gobiath" as you put it.

Signed,
Lance Dragonwill
Dantagon Marescot

You sent me no dove and all I saw was a note upon the door of the tavern. Can you really get angry at someone for an honest mistake when they were lead to believe that someone was leaving the isle for good? Please try to do better in informing me, Page Dragonwill. I will re-add you to our list. I expect you to read over our chivary list and our papers in Kallahorn.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
-- Warrior of Bragon.
The Knights of Gobaith

Page Ayla To'lorn has been re-added to the list after her absence from the original Kallahorn. May she be welcomed back with open arms.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Our knighthood shall be holding an informal meeting between all pages, squires and the knights, an occassion where we can all have a nice chat with each other, perhaps with some drinks aswell.

It would be appreciated if all could make a little effort and present themselves at the gathering.

Time and place haven't been decided yet. If possible, send a dove to Sir Dantagon Marescot, denoting the days where you will not be able to make it.

To those who are not yet part of the knighthood, but willing to join, are most welcome, and will be a good chance for us to learn more about you.

Thank you
~ Jorokar Sladrir, Page of the Knights of Gobaith

((preferably, on a sunday, unless some can't make it))
The Knights of Gobaith

Quay Calimon has been added to our knighthood. May we wish her luck in her indevors.

A meeting will be held on (( Sunday the 18th at 10pm GMT, 5pm Est)). We will first meet in the tavern in Trolls Bane and then will decide where to go afterwards. This meeting will be required for all to attend unless a dove is sent to me before hand.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

A reminder to all that a meeting will be held on ((Sunday the 18th at 10pm GMT, 5pm Est)). We will meet in the tavern Trolls Bane and then move elsewheres. We will be discussing various knighthood related activities including the shelter in Trolls Bane and guard work while in the order. We will also go over admitance procedures and what must be learned so we are all in agreeance.

I have not recived a single dove, so I expect you all to come. If you are unable to attend you MUST send a dove. If you are not appart of the order you are still welcomed to attend, expecially if you are interested in joining. After everything I have planed has been covered I will allow for a brief question and answer session so we can cover anything that has not been covered. If possible, I will hold a imprompt-to lesson at the end, so it is benificial for pages to come.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

((Sorry, it is 4 Est, not 5. I just realized this. Sorry again. Sunday the 18th at 10 GMT, 4 Est))
((Edit: Someone please set me straight for the times... I think I went the wrong way on that...))
The Knights of Gobaith

Being as that will be a bad time for some, the meeting will be moved to ((Sunday at 8pm GMT, which is 4pm est)). Please send me a dove if this is still a bad time.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
The Knights of Gobaith

We have added a new title and a new member to our list. Page Apprentice Ganon Harper. He will hopefully attend the meeting and you can all meet him. He will take care of some of the more minor tasks of the knighthood.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The meeting starts in less than one hour ((under 20 min)) in the tavern. All are welcomed to come. We will wait for late comers in the knighthood and then move to a better spot.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
The Knights of Gobaith

I thank all who attended the meeting or sent me a dove before hand stating they couldn't come. I expect a dove from the two who could not attend, you know who you are. This affects your ranking in the future as it proves you do not understand the meaning of responsibility nor loyalty to the knighthood. Do not argue about it with me either, that will greatly affect your rank and disipline.

We welcome Miru to the rank of Page Apprentice. This will be our new system of deciding if one shall take the oath of a page.

On a sadder note. Deuce as been removed from the knighthood for his crimes against Ascius. I would have announced this the night it happened if not for the hope he would attend the meeting. I hope Deuce has the gull to either turn himself in, or return the stolen silver to Ascius. Let it be known, the crimes commited while in the knighthood will not be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly depending on the serverity of the crime.

We will be building a shelter in Trolls Bane. Complete with sleeping quarters for those who are in need of it. We are slowlly working out where it will be built. Here are the required materials.

Total
Apple Wood 1890
Conifer 280
Naldor 1000
Bricks 3010
Nails 1830
Sand 600
Buckets of Water 60
Saws 27
Hammers 131
Silver 188
Wool 450
Blue Cloth 25
Thread 125

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
-- Warrior of Bragon
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

It was not I, that commited such a crime, and with no proof of the matter you claim so...just like you Dantagon to make such stupid, ludacris claims. I will leave this petty knighthood of my own accord, as it has turned into a complete joke, and if you think other wise you are more dim than suspected thank you very much, and I have been thinking of leaving for a while now as this is without a shadow of a doubt a false guild that does nothing, and will continue to do so, i pray for every members soul to be cast into the shadow of chaos for you are all worthless mutt's of scum, damn you all to hell! And as for the newly arrived members, your stupid scum, petty minds are some in which i want no part of, foolish oafs, if the murderous travellers do not get you then i will grant your heads.

~Deuce~
Dantagon Marescot

Thank you for your kind words, Deuce. And I have two witnesses and a discription that matches from Ascius. Unless you can prove everyone, including the town guard, other wise.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Deuce has just openly attacked both a halfling and myself, whilst I did not hold a weapon against him. I was in attempt to aid the Halfling in the hospital when he arrived.

I was lucky enough to roll under the bed after using a shield to push him back and guard there forth. Where he went from there I do not know but He must be found.

-Amroth Surion-
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Again I am attacked without my weapons. I was forced to jump into the waters outside of Troll's Bane
-Amroth Surion-
Dantagon Marescot

TO ARMS!

Upon this evening the former page Deuce has here by attacked three people including a member of this knighthood. I demand that he be taken down before he hurts anyone else! He is armed and dangerous. Avoid fighting him single handedly, expecially if you can not stand a duel against me. I refuse to risk the life of an unprepared fighter or an innocent.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
-- Knight of Gobaith
-- Warrior of Bragon