New elections

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Michael Zanar

New elections

Post by Michael Zanar »

There are currently 3 positions open in the Trolls Bane government. The two gaurdians of Trolls Bane and the position of Magistrate. This parchment is a offical election for these positions. If you feel that someone is fit for a certain position then please nominate them here. Although the person needs to be a citizen of Trolls Bane and when the offical elections occur the only ones that can vote are citizens.

Magistrate:
Samantha Meryadeles

Constantine Valentine
Govenor of Trolls Bane
Last edited by Michael Zanar on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Detailed informations of the positions could help I believe.

- Arameh
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Dats easy findings sumone fer doing dis.

Meh makes dat all!
And Aeributt helps mehs.

Rugh
[Lance Dragonwill]

Post by [Lance Dragonwill] »

I would like to nominate Arameh and myself as the Guardian of Troll's Bane.

Signed,
Lance Dragonwill
Owner of The Arena!
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

I am not quite well informed about the current power structures in Troll's Bane. And I do not really understand why we need exactly two guardians. I am unsure about their responsibilities and their relationship to the Magistrate and Governor.

Nonetheless, I offer my blade for the protection of the town as Guardian.

When will the elections be?

~Siltaris~
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Since I tried now for 3 weeks getting in contact with the governeur, without success, I fear I have to write it here.

I wish to offer myself for the work of the Magistrate.

As a magistrate my goal and my plans would be to bring back justice into the town. I wish to form new laws protecting the citizens, and causing more peace and safety on the streets. I will bring back new punishments, more harsh for those who broke the law several times. Criminals who don't stop harming citizens of Trollsbane should not just be punished with a few weeks jail. The whip and more shall be their fate for harming our citizens!
I also plan to hold regulary courts of arbitrations. My wish is it to give every citizen the possibility to solve problems and arguements with others infront of such a court.
As a Magistrate i would work hand in hand with the guard. I will offer my strength to help them in their dutys, and with my position i would make sure the guards get the respect and the recognitions for their hard work which they earn.
It would be also my goal to strengthen the cooperation of the guard and the guarding forces of other towns. Trollsbane is the centre of the isle. In Trollsbane peoples from all other towns meet, and have a good time.
My wish is it to give other towns the possibility, and the allowness, to have their own men and women helping to protect Trollsbanes laws, and with that, protect their own peoples who visit our town, to help making it a safe visit for them.
Against crime and for the safety of our peoples, we should all work together, hand in hand.

That are my goals, and as a Magistrate, I would strive to fullfill them!

May Zhambra bless you all.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I do hope you aren't the one that's going to be doing the whipping Samantha, I can't imagine anything worse..

~Unsigned~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I hearby vote for Samantha Meryadeles as Magistrate.
~Evan Ross~
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

The elections will begin in 1 month. This is subject to change. The elections upcoming will only come be for the position of Magestrate. The two guardians positions are hearby handed to Siltaris and Hight Knight Arameh. Come and speak to me when your ready.

Constantine Valentine
Governor of Trolls Bane
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Friends! I give you word of my nomination as Magistrate of Trolls Bane.

As magistrate, I will up hold all laws to their fullest in order to protect the citizens and visitors of Trolls Bane. Times grow dark once again, and there are more and more reports of attacks, misdoings, and evil knocking upon our doors. I will help the guard defend against all attacks, and carry out the laws of the guard. I will remove those who wish to cause harm from Trolls Bane’s door steps. In doing so, I will help teach anyone who wishes to defend themselves how to fight. I will protect the citizens of Trolls Bane and will help them protect themselves. If any citizen has problem with another, I will be there to help resolve it. Allow me to help the citizens of Trolls Bane, and I will help you!

--Dantagon Marecot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

I am glad about the decision for the positions as Guardians.
I accept your choice and will offer my blade and life for the protection of the town.

~Siltaris~
Guardian of Trolls Bane
Samantha Meryadeles

Mister Marescot, you are no citizen of Trollsbane. You are a member of an outsider group, so you can't ran for Magistrate of Trollsbane.

I also don't think that Mister Arameh should be head of the guard together with Siltaris. Simply because he is no citizen of Trollsbane and the leader of an outsider group.

But of course he can help protecting the peoples and keeping the law as a guard under Siltaris, in my opinion.

Noon

Post by Noon »

Dont let the lack of citizenship put any nominee's at unease, until recent times Samantha herself declared she would not aid the town, putting her own citizenship forward just in time to meet these said elections, so i see no reason why other nominees dont follow her path.

Connor~
Samantha Meryadeles

Says the man who is a thief? Sounds like he doesnt like the idea of more harsh punishments for criminals like himself.

And i aid the town many times in the past. Or do i have to remember you again how i helped the guard to jail you? And how i freed the town of several bandits bringing unrest? Or how i aided the town in its defence against the temple, Negros and his undead horde, orc attacks and many other dangers?

But of course a known thief and robber knows best.

Noon

Post by Noon »

Samantha my angel, i know you miss me there is no need to lie. And you are still in the debt to this ' thief '. I shall be about to collect this reward in a near time, fear not.

Connor
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I do not think that a person whom purposefully "forgot" to pay her taxes should be able to run for Magistrate. Such an unreliable person is not what we as citizens wish for do we?

~Lerian Lifi'al~
Samantha Meryadeles

I haven't forgotten to pay my taxes, the last Governeur simply hasn't demanded them anymore after I helped to rescue the town and after I donated the silver for the rebuild of the townwall which got destroyed. Also until recrently the Seahorse Inn was not my property, I just maintained it.

Arameh

Post by Arameh »

If myself and Dantagon Marescot arent or werent on the citizent list, it is simply because Fooser had removed us for no reason, we both were citizents and that action was simply an abuse of power on this case. It is somehow cheap from you to try using those things as an 'argument' to make us step down to assure you ascend to magistrate, for a town you said many times you woulnt protect anymore, at least you shall not have my vote.

Post by Fooser »

Arameh wrote:If myself and Dantagon Marescot arent or werent on the citizent list, it is simply because Fooser had removed us for no reason, we both were citizents and that action was simply an abuse of power on this case. It is somehow cheap from you to try using those things as an 'argument' to make us step down to assure you ascend to magistrate, for a town you said many times you woulnt protect anymore, at least you shall not have my vote.
You act in the name of another land, then you are apart of that land, there is a rule against dual citizenship. Secondly there was no taxation system after a certain point, so no one "forgot" to pay them.

F
Samantha Meryadeles

Mister Arameh, it is simply a lie when you write that i said many times i wont protct this town anymore. Simply a lie. And maybe based on the fact that you want to see your squire as magistrate from Trollsbane. My actions proof that you don't speak the truth, since i protected and supported Trollsbane so many times now.

The reason I mentioned that Mister Marescot can't become Magistrate is simply that a Magistrate has, like the guard, to uphold the laws and the rules. So as a magistrate it is important to know the rules, and to respect them. And as Mister Valentine wrote, a rule of the election is that just citizens are allowed to take part.
As someone who want to become Magistrate Mister Marescot should know and respect this rule.

And i am sure everyone agrees that a magistrate of Trollsbane can't be a member of an other land or organisation outside Trollsbane. And Mister Marescot is a member of Kallahorn, which is not just a knighthood, but also a land founded by Mister Rothman, a man chased out of Trollsbane by its citizens and allies due of his doings, and his knighthood.

Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

Lady Meryadeles, I will tell you once and that is all. You are not a leader of this town yet. You do not make the rules, the laws, and the superiority complex you have will have to stop. Who I say is the Guardian and Magistrate is final and I don't wish to wake up in the morning to read 5 paragraphs of senceless writtings. Next time something like this happens it will result in a ban.

Constantine Valentine
Governor of Trolls Bane
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

A lie? It surely is not one, I find it quite annoying that you keep using false things to try making me look like a liar, I thought you had more respect than this, but since you do not care about respect else than the one people give you, I wont give you any either. Saying and doing are different, Sam, it is clear that many people had heard you or read your writings saying you woulnt protect Trollsbane anymore, it happend at least once when Stephen was the governor and YOU are lying for ignoring this.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Lady Meryadeles,

You are right, my name is not listed upon the walls of Trolls Bane, but I am a citizen. Or at least I was when Brer added my name to the list, and when Fooser removed them. I have asked Govenor Constine to re-add my name to the list and he stated that he would do so. Therefore, M'lady, I am a citizen of this town and am waiting for my name to be put back on the list.

M'lady, I may march with the coat of Kallahorn, but I also march in the name of the weak and innocent. I sworn an oath to protect them and will do so, magistrate or not. I have read the rules of multiple towns quite well in order to understand their laws. I understand the law of dual citizenship and by no means violate this law.

I say allow the citizens of Trolls Bane to decide who should become Magistrate, and not petty arguing between friends.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Samantha Meryadeles

Mister Valentine, alot of time passed since you called for elections. I nominated myself, and noone other than Dantagon Marescot has shown interest.

I think it is time that you finally start the elections, or is there a reason you are still waiting? If so, please share with us.

The town needs it Magistrate, and I finally want to see the elected magistrate starting the work to make the town more safe

Sincerly,

bathill8

Post by bathill8 »

My lone vote goes forth for Sir Dantagon Marescot as town magistrate, an intellegent and honored leader, regardless of affiliation. As for guardian, I am unsure but know that it must be somone who can become available often as it seems Troll's Bane has harboured some ill begotten characters lately. Perhaps Arameh would more than suffice in that roll, if i may be biased.

I have only heard good of lady Maryadeles also, so I see no use to slander any parties wishing to run for the position.

Also, I would like to proclaim a request to become a citizen of Troll's Bane.

Avandane Arenzor
Page of Kallahorn
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Your name is already on the citizent list Avandane dont worry, I ensured all knighthood members would be on it some times ago.
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

Offical elections begin in 3 days.

Constantine Valentine
Governor of Trolls Bane
Samantha Meryadeles

Mister Arameh, what or who gives you the right to decide who will be on the citizenlist of Trollsbane? And why do you think you have the power to ensure others the citizinship?
You are the leader of an outsider military force. Leader of the fighting force from an other land. With what right do you make desicions for Trollsbane?

And I also have to add, as a citizen of Trollsbane I don't like it that members of an outsider military force, a group of warriors belonging to an other land, are allowed to join the citizenlist of Trollsbane and even decide about important desicions of the town.

This has the bad taste of invasion.

Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Because they failed, and now have nothing better to do with themselves? It's unfortunate to see that the new leadership doesn't have as strict a policy towards outside forces mucking around inside their own town.

F
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I think I have this power because I am a guardian of Trollsbane, as far as I remember, you can ask mister Valentine for this. I believe you do not lead this town Samantha, you are only a mere citizent and cannot decide how it is governed, if the governor had a problem with my 'powers' he would let me know I am certain.