Election of a new captain

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cliu Beothach

Election of a new captain

Post by Cliu Beothach »

We are in need of a new captain. If you wish to try for this position send me a dove or post here.

The election will begin in 6 days.

~Brer Beothach~
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I nominate Dantagon Marescot.

--RICHARD--
Last edited by Richard Cypher on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

A Knight can not run the Guard. Brer, You know aswell as I do that not a single person in your citizen list at the moment can run the Guard. None have the mindset or the arm to do such. However, Should you start a militia, just appoint a captain to a group that defends the town, with no real powers to do anything but the sort, There are leaders for such. It is my personal belief that The Guard should become innactive untill such a proper leader can be found.

T.W.
The Lone Wolf
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Taylor is right...you really do not have anyone with the sort of power charismatically and physically to run a town guard. I still say Dantagon would be a good choice once he has a little more fighting experience.

--RICHARD--
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Dantagon is a member of the knighthood and thus will not become the guard captain, Kallahorn is not part of the governement anymore.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I doubt that they are no citizens with the right "mind" for the guard, but in fact there is a lack of decent fighters.

And I think that also the Kallahorn knighthood is not as powerful as in the past!

Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I have to agree here, I think a militia will be stronger and more effective at this point.

F
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Walks up to read the many notes pinned on the wall and blinks. Seeing his name up there for some reason. He then scribbles a note down to place on the board.

I don't think I would do well as a guard. Though I am wiling to help work with a citizen run milita if it can be made, and Arameh allows it. But I won't leave my post in the knighthood.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Page of Kallahorn
Lee Vance

Post by Lee Vance »

I would suggest that the governour or the magistrate takes over the job as the town guards captain, til a suitable man is available for this position.

Lee Vance
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Not the governor he is too weak...The magistrate however is a decent fighter.

--RICHARD--
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Strength is not a captains most needed quality. And when i find you Mr Martin we are going to have a long conversation. A good proposel Lee.

Aristeaus
Gerron Defreny

Post by Gerron Defreny »

I don't think it is needed that the captain of the guard is a strong fighter. It is good, but not needed.
If there is someone who leads the guard and recruits new guards, it would be much better then now.

Gerron Defreny
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I did not mean my comment in a bad way...I meant that if the one unifying force of the guard is not as skilled a fighter as could be desired, it could cause problems. What if your captain is approached by a strong fighter and is captured? Then the guard is back to the way it was before but now they need to pay a hefty ransom for his return. I am not shooting your ideas down at all. I am just trying to point out certain flaws in them.

--RICHARD--

Edit by Keikan:
Removed unfitting ooc-religious term.