You see a corpse laying by the western bush of the jail.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

J S

You see a corpse laying by the western bush of the jail.

Post by J S »

The corpse of a lad rests, motionless by the bush on the western side of the jail, a dagger planted in his chest, an inscription can be read on the dagger: "To my son Johnny". A flask of blood soaking his clothes and the ground beneath him. A parchment, stained with dark reddish liquid lays by him, it reads:

"I didn't expect it to end that way, but being hogtied to a chair, in a jail cell, by the only man alive I trusted was too much for me to handle. Don't blame him, he was better to keep me prisoner, than to keep me on the loose to accomplish my murders. Yes I did try to kill a man. I tried to kill men rather than a single one. I tried slaying a lizard, dwarves, and that, without taking in consideration the numerous crimes, robberies and assaults I've done.
I needed a new beginning, I was ready to leave the isle, but I wouldn't do it before I made it clear who I was. Before I slayed those who mistreated, disrespected me during my presence here. I tried changing, but it was too hard. This isle is corrupted, and I'd rather be sitting by the side of my father, than being chased around daily, with the temptation to slit someone's throat. There. A few will find my departure from this realm profitable, others won't care. I doubt anyone will mourn me. I wrote this letter for the simple reason I needed to say it to someone. But who? On the night I'm writting those words, if anyone saw me walk the streets, they would chase me, pitchforks in their hands.

The ink on my feather is starting to run dry. I will end my message here.

Farewell citizens of Gobaith.
"

((open RP; PS: Please, GMs don't delete Johnny Lant. There's an RP reason to that, and I'll discuss it in PMs, thanks))
Last edited by J S on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

The orc walked up to the body. His eyes examined every scratch of ink on the parchment. One, twice, three times he read. He started to patch the disbelief with strings of comprehension. A single tear of unimaginable scarcity was cleaned from his face before a few muttered words dribbled from his mouth and cast into the air;

"Damn you, Johnny."
J S

Post by J S »

A hooded being approaches the corpse, about 5 feet 4 of height, looks down at the corpes and withdraws the dagger, then walks away, out of town, not to be seen again.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Walks around the town before noticing the corpse by the jail. Slowly he approaches it and notices the note. He drops down to one knee, reconizing the coprse, as he does this the takes the paper. His eyes glance over the note a few times. Suprise resting upon his face. A frown rests upon his lips and he gently sets the note back down on the corpse.

"If only... If only..." Take a deep breath to try and keep down the tears. "If only you had learned from your mistakes... You would have been a good kid..."
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

A man cloaked and hooded in black walks by the corpse on his way to the abandoned temple. He stops suddenly smelling the scent of death inthe air and looks around slowly. He notices a corpse lying on the ground to the side and frowns wondering who this was. As he bends over to inspect it he sees the note and reads it.His face shows no emotion at all as he recognizes who it was that died. The man could be heard saying a few words as if at a funeral before once more departing on his way..."I tried to help you and save you when you first came to this land...but you refused it. You dug your own grave and I feel no pity or sadness now that you are gone."
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

A lizard is walking through trollsbane and sees the boy on the ground. He notices the cut it his chest. He sighs muttering "Live by the sword, die by the sword" And then an rye smile crosses his face. He then shouts at the top of his voice
"Can someone clear this up? It isn't very pleasant"
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

The orc returned, prayer book in hand. He read the constomary death speach of Morshan, in Orcish, then eyed the body with a phycotic mourn in his eyes

A shovel broke the soil's surface, only a foot away from the body's spot of discovery. Near an hour later a deep enough hole was founded, and the body tossed in.

The surface was restored and a rock placed above the unsettled dirt. With all his might, the hulk carved in some lettering into the stone.

"Forever remember Johnny Lant, an Ally."
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

A man in the late twenties reads the words in the stone as he visits the place where Johnny Lant was found dead.
"An ally?! I think that needs to get removed...!"

As the man walks away he mumbles:
"Poor boy... Stupid boy. Careless boy!"

And he grins...
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

You can find a short note on the town board:

I think someone should remove Johnny Lant's gravestone near the prison. Or the person who looks exactly like him and walks the streets is an undead...

unsigned
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Johnny Lant approaches the newly pinned note and scratches a few more words upon it.

Or simply change the inscription..