Tol Vanima

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

If elves decide to leave Vanima and burn other cities libraries, they have to face the consequences. Like I will personally see every elven cultist tracked down and punished who tries to disturb the peace of our island.

Sideon Vilarion
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Is that a threat Vilarion? Again I would like to stress the fact that I have not even heard of this cult you speak of. Perhaps Caranthir is an arsonist, but the "punishment" he received from Liam Henegan was not an offecial punishment! In fact, it was not a punishment for damaging Troll's Bane property at all! Caranthir was merely victim to a power hungry, sick man, who thought our noble race was suited as slaves! This could have happened to anyone of us. This time it happened to Caranthir who might have deserved it, but if we do nothing, who will it be next?

~Daelyn Mitore~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

"...who thought our noble race was suited as slaves!..."

What a amusing formulation brother, one could think you mean other races deserve a life as slave - indeed I personally don't think you want to say that. A elve which fear the punishments and dangers of Gobiath should not leave Tol Vanima. Who left the safe home must count which such think. As long as Trolls Bane or any other village or guild don't distribute the peace on Tol Vanima, I see no reason to care about them. We protect Tol Vanima and all who live there, not the elven race in general.

Fine greetings ~Djironnyma
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Very well, please understand I had nothing but the best of my people in mind. If these are your final words on the subject, I respect your decision.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Places a small torn parchment on the board written in elven, some of the words going up the side of the page having run out of space.

Please change my name on the citizens board to Kaila Galathil Travinus.
Sincerely,
Kaila

Stops to read other parchments as if hadn't looked at the board in a long time and gets on her knees hugging a small boy with pointed ears as she whispers pointing to certain parchments.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

*A parchment is tacked to the post near the depot written all in elven though some words may be more ancient elven as if the writer was from the mainland.*

I would like to become a citizen. I have ventured to Gobaith from the mainland and just recently heard of Tol Vanima from another elf.
I train to fight, yet in the past have been a scholar.

Mairae Auvria
Ralena

Citizenship

Post by Ralena »

An Elf comes by to see the board and realizes he does not have citizenship though he was born and raised in Tol Vanima. He decides to leave a message written with his very delicate and beautiful Elven handwriting.

I would like to ask for Citizenship in this beloved land. Right now I am living in Troll's Bane, but willing to go back to blessed Vanima as soon as possible. I hope to get an answer soon.

Arandir Bak Cyram
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Tol Vanima has once again fallen into inactivity. If anyone is willing to change this, let me know if I can be of any help.

Blessings of the five, and wisdom of Eldan

~Daelyn Mitore~
Thenyn

Post by Thenyn »

~ein eblisch geschriebenes Pergament hängt an den Brettern~

Werte Schwestern und Brüder,

gerne würde ich eine Weile in Eurer Gemeinschaft leben und wirken.
Ich hoffe auf Tol Vanima, meine Handwerk unter Meinesgleichen ausüben zu dürfen.
Bitte gewährt mir die Gnade.

~gezeichnet~

Thenyn
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

*Mairae walks to Tol again from the north getting fairly soaked in the rain but anticipatiing talking to someone knowledgeable in her own language. She flips up other water-logged parchments left to sit out in order to find her own. With a sneer of contempt she tugs it off the board leaving only the edges still attached before rolling it into a ball as water is squeezed out then throws it in the river. She pauses for a little watching it float before sinking then turns back toward the dock.*
Pterry

Vanima's mine exhausted?

Post by Pterry »

Two days in a row now, I have descended into the Vanima mine to find not a single vein of ore or coal worth the tapping. The probability that this has just been a matter of bad timing on my part is, by my calculations, vanishingly small. Something is wrong with our mine, and I intend to see the problem remedied. Any information that anyone has to share on the matter would be dearly appreciated.

~Tikir
Pterry

Vanima's mine exhausted?

Post by Pterry »

Idrandal and I made a pilgrimage to the Altar of Ushara in the north. We brought Vanima honeycombs and wholesome vegetables to offer to the goddess. We hope this will motivate her to return the mine to its former bounty. But time will tell.

~Tikir
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

*A neat and clean partchment is written in the boards of the main hall*

Brothers and sisters:
In the past month, an elvish meeting held place in Tol Vanima. Now with the boards reopened my intention is to inform about it.
Is the willing of not few of our kin, to make Tol Vanima a prosperous place again, a settlement for peace and arts, as once were. With hard work, and not few of patience, many of us believe that it can be accomplished. We all hope this is not the last of those meetings, and that slowly Vanima is regaining its former vitality.

A brief resume of the discussed matters:

Increasing the communication and more active work.

The need for regular meetings and regular festivals to tight bonds.

The reassembling of the elvish guard and the need of a captain for it (position we are still looking for).

Increasing the trading and selling high quality products to attract crafts.

Helping and taking care of the recently arrived and showing the elvish ways.

Ratification of our alliance with Zzyathis.

Need of light the great hall during the night.

Filling the vacancy left by Sideon Vilarion as elder, and naming a third one.

Next, here are images of the meeting:

We hope in not long the board of Vanima is cleaner and more update, also I would be more than glad to help any elves new or not that new in Vanima with anything they might need.

Might the Five shine your way
Idrandal Tlassil
Anfala Atani

Warnung ... Warning ...

Post by Anfala Atani »

Auf Tol Vanima treibt ein respektloser, übel riechender Ork sein Unwesen und macht jagt auf Elfen. Er ist mit einer Magierrobe bekleidet und einem spitzen Hut. Ich bitte alle Elben um Vorsicht

On Tol Vanima a disrespectful, stinking Ork is on the rampage and makes goes hunting on elves. He is dressed in a magician's evening gown and a sharp hat. I ask all elves for care

~Anfala Atani~
Templerin des Ordens
des Grauen Lichtes
Damien

Post by Damien »

Perhaps, it should be time for another meeting.

~Damien
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Indeed is time for another meeting.

An Elvish Meeting in the great Hall is planned for next week, to discuss advances and proposals on the affairs of Vanima. Though is elvish, anybody tho needs to speak about Vanima and elves is invited.

((Saturday 5 at 8 pm GTM, I will clarify this time later so creates no confusion. I'm not sure I could provide german translation this time, Aelorn went AWOL :P ))
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

((the meeting is moved from the saturday to the sunday 6, 8 pm GTM, 10 pm german time, 1 pm Californian time)
Aust

Post by Aust »

((Bad time for me... If I'm not alone, please put forward some hours, or find some better time on Friday/Saturday))
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

In half an hour the elvish meeting starts in the great hall of Vanima, all elves as others who are interested in helping in Tol Vanima affairs are always are welcomed.

Idrandal Tlassil
Misjilah

Post by Misjilah »

As I could not make it to this meeting, I would like to know about all that has been decided upon.

Sincerely,

~Misjilah Mehialho~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

A short elf stands on the docks of Vanima. As he takes a last glance at the island he loves a single teardrop falls from his eye.

"Farewell..my home...he will see what he threw away...soon...I was willing to serve Vanima to my dieing breath...*sighs*

The elf turns and walks off.
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

The main matter discussed was the accomplishment of previous objetives, and the not acomplishment of some.

The need for more internal comunication was discussed, along with Vanima board reopened the Forum of Vanima should be reopened soon.

And finally and most important the reasembling of the Tinechor, the elvish guard, and naming Aeridor Isthil as his commander.

Since that is an important matter, and we have already have some volunteers to train and become able warriors to defend Vanima, another meeting will be held soon.

-Idrandal Tlassil-

((the meeting will be the saturday 12, 8 pm GMT, 10 pm german time, 1 pm Californian time))
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

I'm bot sure I can make it to tomorrows meeting, so unless somebody is willing to take care in case I'm not there the meeting is canceled. Maybe Aeridor can take care?

-Idrandal Tlassil-
Aust

Post by Aust »

I will be happy to lead the meeting.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Great, so the meeting still stands.

-Idrandal Tlassil-
Aust

Post by Aust »

I would like to remind everyone that a meeting will take place in 40 dwarven minutes. The topics of discussion are mostly related to The Tinechor, but we will also look into a selection of other things.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The short elf that left not long ago walks up to the dock.

"I can't ever stay away from this damn place..."

He frowns for a moment and then a smile crosses his lips
Orc Nation

Post by Orc Nation »

Hail Elves ob Vanima,

Meh ask dat joo send aid and help to Trollsbane in her hour ob need.

Invaders from Salkamar want to take over, and weh can nub let dis happen!

Archduke Kazzxx is rightful leader, and Trollsbane is part ob Gobaith.
Weh are all part ob Gobaith.

Now.....pretty talk over.....

Get joor arses in dere or weh will hab reason to rape, plunder, and pillage joor lands!
Joo fight for Trollsbane, or weh will fight joo!

Now, easy choice, yubba?

Respond as soon as possible.

~Krull Karfang, Chief of the Orc Nation
Damien

Post by Damien »

written in elvish :

I do not like the concept of this suggestion.
Should any orc show his face on Tol Vanima with weapons in hand, i might feel tempted to turn him into a nice little campfire-leftover, before wishing him a nice day of course.
The ancient spirits are watchful in these lands, and their voices will not be unheard.
Silo

Post by Silo »

The message is also written in elvish, and placed directly below the first.

I, too, do not believe a threat was the best way to go about this. Let Troll's Bane settle their own disputes. If this conflict moves to the forests of Tol Vanima, then we should respond with action. Before then, let us watch. Closely.

-Alasiel Enari