Tol Vanima

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Orc Nation

Post by Orc Nation »

~An official letter arrives written in the common tongue~
Elves of Vanima,

We heard that you have Grimgit the Goblin.

He is a runaway slave and property of the Orcs.

We have been searching for him for weeks. How dare you steal from us!

Is this Elven Neutrality? Ha! You have shown your true intentions, thieves!

Please return him at once and you shall be rewarded with our gratitude or else suffer the consequences for stealing from us!

He is our property, and must be returned!

Respond quickly!
~Krull Karfang, Chief
Silo

Post by Silo »

A letter is written beneath, also in common.

If the goblin was indeed a slave of the Orc Clans, then you are held accountable for the fires that have been set upon our forests. I would also like to speak with you upon the matters of the recent orc attacks. Send me a letter, when you see fit.

-Alasiel
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

A parchment is placed beneath the last one it is written in new commom and is of average quality.

To the Citizens of Vanima, Two Orc's are here on Vanima Searching for their missing slave. One is Krull the other is Jag I think. They both said they would follow Elven laws so be kind to them and show them respect as well. They may be here for a few days till they get him they will be staying at the dock near the depot.

They will begin searching in the morning for him.

Alasiel, please contact them if you need. Krull said the Goblin will be punished for what he did here.

Drakon Gerwulf
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Elders of our beloved Island,

for I have lived so long upon our Island, I now want to become a citizen.
I have finally found a place upon Gobaith that I'd want to call my home.

Sincerly,

~~Shenandrea Lorean
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Dear Elves,
I wish to seek your help on a personal matter of mine, i have visited your island and have seen its beauty, which is why i wish to hold my wedding ceremony there. No plans are solid as per yet but i hope you will consider this chance and see it as more than a party, it is a union between 2 souls.
Me and my future wife await your responce

~Alexander knight Foot Soldier Of The Trolls Bane Militia
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

There is an orc here by the name of Slug killing our pigs, someone please come to deal with him, I do not know about his standing with Vanima. He is begining to get slightly Violent, someone please come quickly.

Sky
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

There is a note pinned at the Entrances of main hall, it is written in New common and the handwriting is of average quality.

To the Tinechor and citizens of Vanima, The Orc who refuses to leave has given me two choice. But it is clear that we will now have to come together and fight this Orc off Vanima for good I urge the Tinechor to at once return to Vanima as quickly as you can. There will be no reasoning with him or talking he doesn't care if he falls or makes you or someone else fall. We have had enough of this and now he will see that the Eleven people of Vanima will not be stepped on or made to flee their land. We have strong Tinechor but they are always off the Island leaving it undefended show your pride for Vanima and return to aid in the fight for you land.

He is a very strong Orc and Everyone should stay in groups for safety, anyone not wanting to be harmed should avoid him. He has genkes fire so be watchful.

I wish to call for any Elven mages to please also help in this matter and help protect the citizens of Vanima and rid this Orc from the Island.

Tinchor

Drakon Gerwulf
Lhosseth

Post by Lhosseth »

A graceful, slender Elfess, with long white hair and pine green coloured eyes walks up to the board. As she peruses the notes attached she involuntarily shivers a few times, her eyes creased in worry. She then heaves a deep sigh and attaches another note to the board, written in a elegant flowing hand in the common language:

On the 11th of Elos, my Elven sister Ruendill alerted me to the presence of a 'skeleton using magic' on Tol Vanima. Together with Jerem we quickly decided to check out this potential threat and geared up for the confrontation. We found the skeleton lurking in the south-east corner of the island, were we observed him from behind some rocks. It turned out to be indeed a Mage Skeleton. To prevent harm coming to one of our kindred or guest on Tol Vanima, we decided to approach. The skeleton immediately attacked us, slashing and mumbling mystical formulas. After some fighting we were able to overpower him and to end this threat. Fortunately, we found no others of his kind.

We can only wonder how this skeleton came to walk the woods of Tol Vanima. His unexpected presence greatly worries me. Until more is known, I urge you all to be careful.

May the Five protect us,

Lhosseth

Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Someone come quickly. There is an orc in your mine

Tak'Zel
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

A note is posted at the entrances of the main hall it is written in New Common and in Old Common, the hand writing is of better quality and the Old Common may have mistakes as though it is not the writers native tongue.

"To the Citizens of Vanima, I wish for any and all Elf or Elfess crafters who wish to help the Tinechor with needed supplies or equipment please see me on Vanima or send me a dove. I seek all professions from Cooks to Tailors so that we can start making Vanima's Tinechor able to protect its Citizens and Tol Vanima's laws. Any who respond I will glad talk to and help come up with a way for everyone to be happy."

Tinechor
Drakon Gerwulf

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Eine Notiz ist an den Eingängen der Halle ist es in einer neuen gemeinsamen schriftlichen und in der Altstadt von Common, die Handschrift ist von besserer Qualität und der Altstadt Gemeinsame fehlerhaft gebucht haben, als ob es nicht die Schriftsteller Muttersprache.

"An die Bürger Vanima möchte ich für sämtliche Elf oder Elfess Handwerker, die die erforderlichen Tinechor mit Lieferungen und Ausrüstung helfen wollen, finden Sie mich auf Vanima oder schicken Sie mir eine Taube. Ich suche alle Berufe aus Cooks zu Schneider, so dass wir können beginnen, Vanima's Tinechor der Lage, seine Bürger zu schützen und Tol Vanima Gesetze. Diejenigen, antworte ich Ihnen gerne Gespräch zu kommen und helfen, einen Weg für alle einfallen lassen, um glücklich zu sein. "

Tinechor
Drakon Gerwulf
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Since we rencently opened a board for the Tinechor guard, I ask you all willing to speak with the guard to post there, and contact the Captain Alasiel for matters related to joining or discussing proposals, and Drako Gerfulf for matters of supplies or crafting. In case theur are unavialable for the moment, I, Idrandal Tlassil, will gladly help.

Second, a meeting of the Tinechor has been arranged, and several information about our codes has been added, we hope to find soon a way to transalate all the information to old language.

Finally, I ask you, all willing to report crimes or incidents that require the guard, to do so in the board of the Tinechor, to leave the board of Vanima for information more related to it's structure, plans and meetings.

Be the five with you
Idrandal Tlassil
Alexander Knight

A note is nailed to the notice board

Post by Alexander Knight »

Dear citizens of Vanima.
I Alexander Knight am in need of a good carpenter and i have been told that elven carpenters are second to none.
So i ask, may a fine elven carpenter please send word to me via dove or similar means.

Yours faithfully
~Alexander Knight
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

A note is attached to the dock entrances, it is written in new common and old but the old may have some mistakes as it looks like it is not the native tongue of the writer. The Note reads."

Greetings to all Guest of Tol Vanima since we had a few who think this is a free Island the rules will be posted here again to show it is not. All Races other then Elven are Guest on Tol Vanima and must follow the same rules set by the Elven people.

The Rules are as follows.

- All acts of violence are prohibited, save for self defense.
- No weapon is to be carried openly on the island. Members of the Elven Guard may oversee this rule for defensive reasons.
- Resources taken from the island to be used for food or other necessities must be used completely, and may only be used by citizens of the isle. Show respect for the life of the land and do not harm its creatures for training purposes.
- Trees may only be cut in the far northeast section of forest on the island. All trees cut must be replanted.
-Elders or member of the Elven Guard have the right to ask anyone to leave the island via the ferry or teleporter.
-Tol Vanima's resources and tools are useable only by citizens, or those with permission given by an Elder.
-Vanima’s mine is only usable for the elven kin, or those who have permission form an Elder.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Eine Notiz ist auf die Anklagebank Eingänge angeschlossen, ist es in schriftlicher neue, gemeinsame und alt, aber die alten können einige Fehler haben, wie es aussieht, wie es nicht die Muttersprache des Verfassers. Die Note liest. "

Grüße an alle Gäste der Tol Vanima da wir noch ein paar, die glauben, dies ist ein freies Island den Regeln werden hier veröffentlicht wieder zu zeigen, ist es nicht. Alle anderen Wettkämpfe dann Elfen sind Gast auf Tol Vanima und müssen die gleichen Regeln, die die Elfen Menschen zu folgen.

Die Regeln sind wie folgt.

- Alle Akte der Gewalt sind verboten, mit Ausnahme der Selbstverteidigung.
- Keine Waffe ist offen auf der Insel durchgeführt werden. Die Mitglieder des Elven Guard überwachen kann diese Regel aus defensiven Gründen.
- Ressourcen von der Insel ergriffen wurden, um für Lebensmittel und andere Notwendigkeiten verwendet werden, müssen vollständig genützt, und dürfen nur von den Bürgern der Insel verwendet werden. Respekt für das Leben des Landes und schaden nicht seine Kreaturen zum Zweck der Ausbildung.
- Bäume können nur im äußersten Nordosten des Waldes auf der Insel geschnitten werden. Alle Bäume fällen müssen umgepflanzt werden.
-Ältestenrat oder ein Mitglied der Elven Guard haben das Recht, jemanden zu fragen, um die Insel mit der Fähre oder per Teleporter verlassen.
-Tol Vanima Ressourcen und Tools sind nur von den Bürgern, oder die mit der Erlaubnis von einem Elder gegeben verwendbar.
-Vanima 's mir ist nur für die elfischen Verwandten, oder diejenigen, die die Erlaubnis haben, bilden ein Elder.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

note is written common and posted onto where where the other notes are. I have been employd by a lizard named Ksiksin to write this letter. Ksiksin rescently brfriended an elf and was invyted to the island. He traveld there alone in the late night in search of her. He sat on the island thinking about how beautifull it was when he saw some cows and pigs. he got bored and hungry and so slaughterd some of them. He then saw a poster with the towns laws which i had read to him. he was upset greatly about breaking the law of your beautifull town and would like to oppologize. Publically if needed. He also says that although i donnt understand what this means- he says he is looking for is was but not anymore ghost eater caelianna. The sister of Drakon. Please put a note up in this board or trolls bane to say how you elves would like him to appologise and where he can find This is was ghost but not anymore Caelianna
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

A hastly, but well written note i attached in Vanima's board

Is my intention to call for an official elven meeting, as soon as possible, in order to discuss the need of 2 new elders as some proposals to contribute to Vanima woking more efficiently.
May the five watch over you
Idrandal Tlassil

((the meeting will be sunday 27, 6pm GMT, in the great hall))
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

*A really clean and well written partchment can be found in the great hall*

In our last Vanima meeting we arrived at consensu about certain matters:

The need for the elders of Vanima to be a figure that mantain our path and way of living but not a daily acting figure as their are now.
And the need to name one or more elven to take about the daily matters of Vanima, chosen by their activity more than by they experience and regulated by the elders.

The way of implementing this still is under discussion, and a desicion about his matter was left for our next meeting, the 2 different opinions naming oe elf to take of those matters or a council of 6 elven. A possible middle ground could be reached, and the name for that people, the council, is subject to changes, however the original proposal fr the coucil is the next listed:
Vanima has suffered from a lack of organization in the past years, many efforts had been made to change that, but a significant change is needed. We, elves, are not a race that believes that a fast change is the best way, and we all strive for a common goal, that’s why, my proposal is just implement an ancient elven system that has fallen into disuse. Besides the need of electing 2 new elders, my intention is create a council of a citizen belonging to each part of the elven society. That is, one representing the warriors, one representing the priests, one representing the druids, one representing the crafters, one representing the mages and one representing the artists. Each councilmember should take care of the works of their own areas, being chosen for being the most active and willing to perform their duties, not being the experience a main requirement for this task, and understanding that being part of the council is just a responsibility, not a title. In the other hand, every council member should choose someone to take over their duties if they see that they are not active enough (and the elders approving this); again, the importance of this council is maintaining the daily activities of Vanima working properly. In the other hand, the elder, should be chosen by they experience, wisdom and loyalty towards elven ideals. The elder’s main task, should be, not to control the daily working of Vanima, but advice in the course that the elven society should take. They would have the ability to veto any decision a councilmember takes, consider a council member unfitting for their position, and decide on a matter too important for the council to take on their own. This implementation follow the main idea that Vanima system was prone to focus too much task in few elves, and per se making Vanima fall into anarchy many times as the elders were leaving their positions.

Task of the different council members:

From the crafters:
Gathering and coordinating the resources for the different building projects along Vanima.
Knowing which crafter works in Vanima, in order to have a master crafter for each area. In case there is no one available for a task, search someone willing to train in order to fill that vacancy.
Developing the trade, increase the available traders, search offers of needed resources and places were the elven crafts can be traded, to develop Vanima’s economy as the name of the elven as the best crafters in the island.
From the warriors:

Should be a representant of the Tinechor, speaking the matters of the elven guard in the council.
Deciding if a punishment taken by a Tinechor was the right decision, judging for lesser crimes when the opinion of the council or the elders are not required.
Granting entrance permissions and short stay permissions at those who seem worthy.

From the artist:

Arranging the different festivals and spectacles that Vanima needs to offer, that includes gathering the food and drinks necessary.
Searching for the development of elven culture in our lands, inciting to attract different performers as searching for manuscripts dealing with different aspects of the elven history and life.

From the priests:
Their main responsibility is the arranging of the different ceremonies to honour the gods that watch over Vanima.
Second, as priest, should be responsible of those rituals that need a word with the spirits that care for this island; that includes, blessing ceremonies, marriages and funerals.

From the mages:
The main task of the mages is caring to build a magical academy belonging to Vanima, where true elven ideals of control, pureness and humility can be taught to control the powers that this disciplines imply.
The preservation of knowledge is also of great importance.

From the druids:
Safe guarding the nature and beauty of Vanima is their main task, this means caring about the different animals and making sure that the forests remain safe as well as planting trees if it’s necessary.
Caring about the wounded, and finding the medicos and supplies for the wounded, is his second task.

All the members of the council ideally should ask for advice to the others in their decisions, especially when they feel not have the experience to take a decision by their own, and cooperation between them is of great importance. Some decisions, as naming an applicant citizen of Vanima, or a complete ban towards a criminal, should be decided between more than one of these council members, and revised by the elders. As this system is implemented, all daily task of Vanima should fall as responsibility of one of the council members as this arises.
More important, the decision to name 2 new elders had been already discussed and the next meeting whop takes that place will be decided. In case anyone has something to say aganist the election of one of this elves, feel free to state that, since we are going to choose between those who nobody oposes. Any other who finds himself wise enough, follower of elven morality and it's path, and with the hability and time to take this responsability is free to propose his name before next meeting.

The first position as elder is grated to Damien, whose for his past and actual services to Vanima we find not needed more than his nomination to be accepted for the position. Anyhow, if anyone oposes to this is free to speak.

The second place as elder will be decided between:
Shenandrea Lorean
Djironnyma
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Since is a rather important meeeting we urge all brothers to assist at it. In our past meeting we had a record of elven and frinds of the elven coming to our meeting, we hope the same will happen in this meeting.

May the five watch over you
Idrandal Tlassil

((the meeting will be sunday 4th, 6pm GMT, in the great hall))
Pterry

On goverment

Post by Pterry »

First, I must apologize for missing the last Elven meeting. My investigations had sent me far afield, and I could not make it back to Tol Vanima in time. Happily, given Idrandal’s account of what transpired, the meeting turned out more or less as I might have hoped, despite my absence. I have only a few remarks to make, not out of keeping, I think, with the general tenor of what has already been decided.
Thigmophiles P'terrun wrote: Disquisition on the Proper Governance of Vanima
by P'terrun the Thigmophiles, Druid

In most Elven societies, there is very little government to speak of. Individual liberty is the order of the day. Elves trust each other to act intelligently and honorably, with only minimal external constraints. To the extent constraints are necessary, the oldest and wisest members of the community sit as a Council of Elders, to pronounce general precepts designed to promote harmony in the community so that all may flourish. The Elders are law-givers, not administrators. They speak in generalities. It is left to the individual citizen to determine how best to apply the Elders’ general precepts to his or her particular circumstances. There are no official mechanisms or agencies to enforce the Elders’ law.

Vanima, for better or worse, is quite unlike other Elven societies, principally because of its relation to Gobaith. It is exceedingly rare for Elves to live in such close proximity to other races. On the whole, our extensive interactions with other races here are beneficial; they enrich our experience and give us a truer sense of the great diversity of life on Illarion. But these benefits come with costs, and we cannot live the free and easy lives Elves are normally inclined to live. It is not enough to seat a Council of Law-Givers to make general pronouncements. There must also be executives or administrators, charged with enforcing the Elders’ law and with making decisions on behalf of Vanima when there isn’t time to convene the Council of Elders and let them deliberate fully.

In short, Vanima needs a two-part government. The Council of Elders is supreme, but the Elders’ decisions are necessarily broad and general in nature, born of long experience and the unique ability of the very old to recognize large-scale patterns in the affairs of a society. The Elders need executives to put their law into action, administrators to make the day-to-day decisions that Vanima’s unique circumstances require.

And so I applaud the decision to create a Council of Ministers to complement the Council of Elders. I would add only a few, tentative suggestions for how this Lower Council should be organized. First, it would be wise to elect Ministers with appropriate expertise. To this end, I believe we should, as Idrandal has suggested, appoint one Minister for each art, trade, or profession. Secondly, however, it would be best to structure the Lower Council so that decisions can be made quickly and efficiently. We do not need a second Council of Elders. To this end, I propose that we should appoint a Prime Minister with ultimate authority to make any and all executive decisions subject only to the constraints imposed upon him or her by the Elders’ law. We might also appoint one or two Deputies or Secondary Ministers to take responsibility for making such decisions in the Prime Minister’s absence.

Although the Elders must necessarily be Elves, if only because Elves are the only race long-lived enough to gather the wisdom necessary in a law-giver, I see no reason why the Ministers could not be of any race. A Human or Halfling or Lizard or Dwarf -- even an Orc -- may be fully qualified to be a Minister, provided he or she demonstrates the appropriate commitment to live by the law of Vanima and execute his or her duties faithfully.

And that, for now, is what I have to say on the matter of Vanima’s government. May the Five guide us and protect us.
Pterry

The Minister of Druids

Post by Pterry »

One further point, regarding the representative of the Druids on the Council of Ministers: the person most obviously suited for this job is Brother Azuros Tjime, Elder of the Free Druids. The second most qualified candidate is, unfortunately, me. I hereby nominate Azuros to be Minister of Druids. If he declines, I nominate myself.

~Thig
Last edited by Pterry on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Dear brethren,

Even though I applaud Djironnyma's prowess and intimate knowledge of all that we are and what we aspire to be, he is human as of present. Or partly at least. He would not suit as one of our most beloved and wise elders. It was a choice he consciously made, a choice which does not represent where we wish to go. Therefore I find him unfit to be a nominee.

Furthermore, I do wish we could find a different name for our daily 'rulers'. I do not see much creativity in it.

With the Five's blessing,

Istni Nimchiril
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Since some I had received news that some of our brothers can't make it to the stablished time, the meeting will be delayed one hour ((7pm GMT))

Idrandal Tlassil
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

*a patchment with the same handwriting as the ones before can e found now in the column of Vanima*

In our last meeting many things were discussed, mostly regarding the elections of elders. Our brother Damien has been elected as elder now, watching from now on that the elves follow the ancient paths and striving for island to dwell in peace. The second elder for the election was decided to be casted on vote, please all write the name of whick you want to elect in the close partchment, acording to brother Saril's intructions (http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=32686)

The second matter that has enter in discussion, was the implementation of the coincil. Was agreed, first that instead of 6 for now 3 brothers will supervise the daily tasks of Vanima. Those are, one for the warriors, one for the crafters, and one from the scollars. So far the position for the warriors had been filled with sister Caelianna, captain of the Tinechor guard. For the other 2 positions we still hope to hear for volunteers, remeber that activity is of the foremost importance, while experience is definitely not as important as the ones of the elders. Brother Thig and sister Melodia had already shown interest for the scholar position (by now the scolar position will hold together the previous tasks belonging to the druids, mages and priests). As times goes foward, the sistem of this concil should be defined more precisely. Since the name of council was by many not the most apropiated one, in the next elven meeting is asked for all those who assist to bring names they find fitting, so we can vote in that matter and define that matter for once all.

As a personal remark, I do agree with brother Thig that the positions in the council can be filled by non elven citizens of Vanima, that had proven her utmost loyality to Vanima and capacity to handle this matters. And I do dissagree on having one councilmeber with special authority to define matters, since the lesser amount of councilmebers makes the decisions swifter. However, this is just an opinion and should be discussed by the others.

The next meeting should be then after the election for deciding the last elder finishes, and since I will be not present I hope that one of the elders decides the proper time.

My the five watch over us
Idrandal Tlassil
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Greetings sisters and brothers,

I would like to ask if anyone has knowledge about the state of our fire insurence for Tol Vanima. Is that one paid and cared for? Or do we have a serious probem if a wildfire breaks out?

Thank you much for your concern,

may the five guard our path.

~Shandariel el Lysanthrai~
Saril

Post by Saril »

Im Rahmen der Umorganisieren von Tol Vanima soll es einen Rat geben der die Elder in Inselaufgaben unterstützend zur Seite stehen soll. Momenten soll der Rat aus dreien bestehen. Ein Vertreter aller Handwerker der Insel, ein Vertreter aller Krieger der Insel und ein Vertreter aller Gelehrter der Insel. Für diese drei Sitze im Rat werden geeignete Anwärter gesucht.

So bitte ich die Bewohner der Insel am öffentlichen Anschlag geeignete Anwärter mit einer Begründung vorzuschlagen. Die Anwärter können dort ihre Nominierung annehmen oder ablehnen.

Saril
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

As my first action as new elected Elder I would like to ask for a meeting with following persons and groups:

Damien and Isilwen: The elders should meet and discuss the future of Vanima

The Tinechor: As an Elder I will be happy to take finally the oaths of the Tinechor

Djironnyma, Saril, Damien, Nalcaryos, Sideon: I would like to discuss the possibilitys of magical enhancements to Vanimas defense and Well being

The building master of Gobaith or one of his assistents: I want to discuss the rebuilt plans for Vanima with them

The lizards of Zzyahtis: It is my wish to speak about the current treaty and alliance between our two homes aswell as possible adjustments.

Please send me a dove with your possible meeting times and I will try to find the perfect date.

Thank you all for your help and your time,

Sincerly,

Elder of Tol Vanima

Aelorn

Post by Aelorn »

Saril wrote:In the course of the reorganisation of Tol Vanima, there shall be a council that supports the elders in tasks concerning the island. Currently, the council is planned to consist of three councillors. One representative for all crafters of the island, one for all warriors of the island and one for all scholars of the island. For these three seats in the council eligible aspirants are sought.

Therefore, I ask the inhabitants of the island to propose suitable candidates with an explanation on the public notice. The nominees can accept or reject their nomination there.

Saril
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Warning!

The Cachdern Trees seems to be infected by a disease or some other unnatural influence. Any Cachdern Trees wood is rotten and too old to be able to used...so please don't chop any of those trees until we solved this situation...you won't be able to find good wood...thank you much.

May the five guard our path

Elder of Tol Vanima

-----------------------

Warnung!

Die Cachdern Bäume sind von einer Krankheit oder etwas anderem befallen. Ihr Holz ist verrottet und zu alt als das es verwendet werden kann. Bitte fällt keine Cachdern Bäume, bis wir diesen Vorfall geklärt haben. Vielen Dank.

Mögen die Fünf unsere Pfade segnen

Älteste von Tol Vanima
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Proclamations // Bekanntmachung

Be greeted sisters and brothers of Vanima.

It is my deepest joy and honour to announce that I have welcomed Filyina into my family as my daughter. She shall be known from now on as Filyina el Lysanthrai. Even so she is adopted I ask everyone to treat and respect her like my own blood. Thank you everyone. this is a very happy day for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore I want every inhabitant of Vanima and any elf or elfess of Gobaith to know that we soon will start a new census. It is planned and foreseen to have two different list of names for Vanima.

One will be a list of ALL elfs on Gobaith wanting themself to be recognized as wanderes of the elven path and traditions. This list won't be a list of citizens of Vanima, but of elfs and elfess welcomed at any time to our beautiful isle. They are allowed to use the isles ressources, to sleep there and to use our home as their own. But they won't be involved into future, official politics of Vanima concerning the isle.
Of course any other elf following our path who isn't on that list will be welcomed aswell. This list is a voluntary one, and you don't have to be added to it to be benefited as an elf by our elven home. But I encourage any elf and elfess to add themself to this list. It will help us to learn each other know, to be aware of our kin on Gobaith and to feel more then ever before as one folk, one culture. It also helps to have an overlook on the elven population of Gobaith.

The other list will be the citizenlist of Vanima. This list will contain any official citizens of our isle, elven and non-elven. This citizens have not just the full right to live and work on our isle, gaining access to all our ressources, tools and facilities, they will be also allowed to be part of the official affairs of Tol Vanima. They will be aloud to take parts in votes, the elven meetings and anything else concerning the isle and our home. They will have the right and the responsibility to announce their opinion about Vanima and its affairs at any given time. May this be positive or negative criticisms. Just through our communication will be we able to work together on a better Vanima for us all. The elder of Vanima will always have an open ear to the inhabitants, and noone will be judged for his or her opinion. Citizens will also be allowed to become a councilmember or a futur elder to serve our Isle and our Community.

Any elf not on this citizenlist is welcome to join our meetings...but as guests and friends, and not citizens of Tol Vanima. We ask them to message an elder or a councilmember if they wish to attend a meeting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And last I want to inform everyone that we are currently working on a new town board for Tol Vanima. The current one has suffered under its usage over the last years and it is time to have a new one.

I thank you all for your time.

May the five and our ancestors watch our path

Elder of Tol Vanima

p.s. I would be more then gratefull could this message be translated into the old tongue ((sorry...missing the time right now ^_^))
Aelorn

Post by Aelorn »

Shandariel el Lysanthrai wrote:Seid gegrüßt, Schwestern und Brüder Vanimas.

Es freut und ehrt mich sehr zu verkünden, dass ich Filyina als Tochter in meiner Familie willkommen geheißen habe. Sie soll von jetzt an den Namen Filyina el Lysanthrai tragen. Obgleich sie adoptiert ist, bitte ich jeden, sie mit dem gleichen Respekt wie mein eigenes Blut zu behandeln. Danke an alle. Dies ist ein sehr glücklicher Tag für mich.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Desweiteren will ich alle Bewohner Vanimas und jeden Elf oder jede Elfe von Gobaith wissen lassen, dass wir bald eine neue Volkszählung starten werden. Es ist vorgesehen, zwei verschiedene Namenslisten für Vanima zu führen.

Eine davon wird eine Liste ALLER Elfen von Gobaith sein, die als Wanderer auf dem elfischen Pfad und seiner Traditionen anerkannt werden wollen. Diese Liste wird keine Bürgerliste von Vanima sein, sondern diejenigen Elfen und Elfinnen nennen, die jederzeit auf unserer schönen Insel willkommen sind. Es ist ihnen erlaubt, die Ressourcen der Insel zu verwenden, dort zu schlafen und unser Heim als ihr eigenes zu nutzen.
Natürlich werden auch alle anderen Elfen, die unserem Pfad folgen und nicht auf jener Liste stehen, willkommen geheißen. Diese Liste ist freiwillig und ihr müsst dort nicht eingetragen sein, um als Elf in unserem elfischen Heim begünstigt zu werden. Jedoch sporne ich jeden Elf und jede Elfe dazu an, sich auf dieser Liste einzutragen. Es wird uns helfen, uns gegenseitig kennenzulernen, unserer Verwandtschaft auf Gobaith bewusst zu sein sowie sich mehr denn je als ein Volk, eine Kultur zu fühlen. Es hilft ebenfalls dabei, einen Überblick über die elfische Bevölkerung auf Gobaith zu haben.

Die andere Liste wird die Bürgerliste von Vanima sein. Diese Liste wird alle offiziellen Bürger unserer Insel enthalten, Elfen wie Nichtelfen. Diese Bürger haben nicht nur das volle Recht auf unserer Insel zu leben und zu arbeiten, Zugriff auf alle unsere Ressourcen, Werkzeuge und Einrichtungen zu haben; es wird ihnen auch gestattet, ein Teil der offiziellen Angelegenheiten von Tol Vanima zu sein. Ihnen wird es erlaubt sein, an Wahlen, Elfentreffen und an allem anderen, was die Insel und unser Heim betrifft, teilzunehmen. Sie werden das Recht und die Verantwortung haben, ihre Meinungen über Vanima und seine Angelegenheiten jederzeit zu äußern. Sei es positive oder negative Kritik. Nur durch unsere Kommunikation werden wir fähig sein, an einem besseren Vanima für uns alle zu arbeiten. Die Ältesten von Vanima werden stets ein offenes Ohr für die Bewohner haben, und niemand wird für seine oder ihre Meinung verurteilt werden. Bürgern wird es auch gestattet sein, ein Ratsmitglied oder zukünftiger Ältester zu werden, um unserer Insel und Gemeinschaft zu dienen.

Jeder Elf, der nicht auf dieser Bürgerliste steht, ist eingeladen auf unseren Treffen zu erscheinen… allerdings als Gäste und Freunde, nicht als Bürger von Tol Vanima. Wir bitten sie, einem Ältesten oder Ratsmitglied eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen, falls sie einem Treffen beiwohnen möchten.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Und zum Schluss will ich alle darüber informieren, dass wir gerade an einem neuen Stadtbrett für Tol Vanima arbeiten. Das derzeitige Brett hat unter seiner Benutzung über die letzten Jahre gelitten und es ist Zeit für ein neues.

Ich danke euch allen für eure Zeit.

Mögen die Fünf und unsere Ahnen unseren Pfad segnen.

Älteste von Tol Vanima
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

*Ein fein säuberlich geschriebenes Pergament wurde unter die Ankündigung geheftet*

Werte Shandariel,

Es ist schön zu sehen , dass Ihr Euch für Vanima engagiert,
doch solltet Ihr nicht vergessen in einen Rat hineingewählt worden zu sein.

Ihr wurdet nicht zur Herrscherin ernannt.

Es ist schlimm genug, dass ihr versucht alle Elfen die sich nicht als "Bürger" Vanimas kennzeichnen mundtot machen wollt,
doch das Ihr dies ohne Einverständniss der anderen Elder tut ist wahrlich eine Frechheit.

Es wirkt als wolltet Ihr die Traditionen der Insel zerstören, und jene Elfen ausschließen,
die genau so Vanima beschützt, aufgebaut es unterstützt und es zum Blühen gebracht haben,
wie es die "Bürger" Vanimas taten.

Tol Vanima ist nicht einfach nur eine Stadt wie Trolls Bane, eine Siedlung wie die Nordmark.
Es ist ein Zusammenschluss aller Elfen Gobaiths und sollte dementsprechend verwaltet werden.
Die Insel ist nicht einfach nur ein schöner und friedlicher Ort, Tol Vanima ist die Inkarnation der alten Geister und als solches
eine elfische Geimeinschaft die sich mehr durch den Geiste und die Kultur als durch Nachbarschaft verbindet.

~Nalcaryos von Weißhafen~
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Habt Dank für eure Befürchtungen, Nalcaryos...doch möchte ich euch darüber informieren das offiziel laut an das Stadbrett gehangene Regeln und Bestimmungen unter Isilwen lediglich eingetragene Bürger Vanimas die Ressourcen nutzen konnten und Mitbestimmungsrecht haben. Ich habe also nicht die Rechte auf Vanima eingeschränkt, sondern sie erweitert indem ich auch nichtbürgern elfischer Herkunft die Nutzung der Ressourcen ermögliche. Danke dennoch für eure Befürchtungen, zeigen sie doch eure Sorge um Vanimas.

Es ist auch nicht meine Absicht Elder von Entscheidungen auszuschliessen. Alle Entscheidungen die ich bisher bekannt gab sind ohne Bedenken. Sie schliessen lediglich mehr Rechte für Elfen ein die nicht Bürger sind, so wie es bisher innoffiziell gehandhabt wurde, und sie verkündeten die Erschaffung eines neuen Stadtbrettes da das alte abgenutzt ist.

Ich denke nicht das einer der anderen Ältesten dagegen Einwände haben könnte.

Freundlichst,