Tol Vanima

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jaren

Post by Jaren »

I readily accept my friend Alandur's fair and kind nomination. I feel some regret however that it is a requirement to have a meeting to get any number of elves to come to Vanima. Nonetheless I look forward to the meeting to share my thoughts and ideas that I hope will bring Vanima back to life.

Jeran
Saril

Post by Saril »

Werter Jaren,
würdet ihr dann so freundlich sein und eure Pöäne für die Elfeninsel hier Anzukündigen? Wie im Anhang zuvor gesagt ist mein neu nicht das beste und es gibt viele andere bei denen es ähnlich ist.

Saril

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then worth Jaren, you would be so friendly and To announce your Pöäne for the elf's island here? As in the appendix is said before mine anew not the best and there are many others with those is similar.

Saril
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

I am afraid I may not understand your meaning exactly my friend. Do you wish to explain why I feel I am best suited for Elder on Vanima?

Jeran
Saril

Post by Saril »

yes pleace. Say what du you will do for Vanima. What for all you may say for Vanima.

Saril
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Well my friend I do not think it is any secret that for some time I have walked the lands of Vanima, speaking to the few of our Kin that still live there. And there are not many left. I could count them on my fingershow many still live daily lives on Vanima and this both sadens and disappoints me because if I go to Trolls Bane I will find a dozen elven men and women.

My primary goal as Elder would be to turn that reflection around. I want dozens of elves in Vanima and only a handful living daily lives in the other lands. I believe this can be done, in large part, by letting an active member of our community become an Elder. Doing so will show to our other Kin who have become disenfranchised by our lack of steady leadership that Vanima still exists and is a far better place to live then the burrows of Trolls Bane and the Lands of Varshikar.
An Active Elder can issue a call out to our brethren to call them home to help them rebuild our community and to rebuild the pride and glory that our Elven Lands should carry. And I will make no secret of the fact that I feel our lands should carry some respect when spoken of by outsiders. Respect drawn from both our diligence in the arts and crafts of our time. Currently when an outsider speaks of Vanima it is used as a hiding place from authorities or as the butt of a jest.

My secondary goal would be to ensure the safety of our people. It has long been a fact that a gnome war tribe lives in the Mountain on Vanima. They will attack any miner that sets foot in our mine. We must drive them from our Island, to not do so would be to encourage other barbaric warring tribes to make homes on Vanima knowing we will never make them leave. To drive them out we would need to rebuild the Tinechor which can only be done by bringing the elven warriors currently fighting for other lands back to Vanima. Which is why restoring activity in Vanima is my primary goal.

I will never say I am the only one who can save Vanima, that would be both arrogant and a lie, two things I refuse to allow myself to both do. However I truly do feel that if given this task I will accomplish it. I will not let anyone put faith in me and then fail to prove myself worthy of such faith. I will not slip into inactivity and I will not promise you something I feel I could never achieve. Furthermore I have the wisdom of time to help me make careful and considerate decisions on any issue. I am also willing to speak with anyone who disagrees with me because I am of the opinion that debate and idea sharing is the only way a free people can ever continue along the path of both safety and freedom. Simply speak to Alandur, he and I disagree on many great issues but we both respect the other and we both agree on the fundamental belief that something must be done for Vanima to be brought back to life.

If you vote for me as Elder I will accomplish the goals I have outlined above.

Jeran
Saril

Post by Saril »

Danke, es sind durchaus Worte enthalten die eine Weißheit nicht abstreiten lassen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, you found interesting words.

Saril
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

The meeting tonight shall be held upon Vanima (( 19:30 GMT+1 )). I hope many elves will come, also our brethren whom live their lives in towns beyond the land given to us by our ancestors.

May the Five guide us,

~Alandur Allithyn~
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

This parchment has been ripped off the wall
Last edited by Daelyn on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

The meeting will start in 20 minutes.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*The parchment has dissapeared a small pile of ash in its place.*
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

The meeting was a relative success, although our numbers were few. The participants agreed to make Jeran in charge of re-establishing the Tinechor, and see how he performs in this task. If he does well, we will consider replacing him with Sideon Vilarion as an elder.

If anyone has any objections we can meet in one dwarven week or so, at the same time and place. We will probably do this anyway, as we want to hear more opinions.

Walk with the five

~Aeridor Isthil~
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Originally I planned to come to the little meeting but found no time. As a result I declare that I step down as an elder of Tol Vanima and may the next chosen elder have more time to devote to the flourishing of our island.

The Five may guard us all,
Sideon VIlarion
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I apologize for not making the meeting....I found time very short in the past few days.

Aldan Vian
Damien

Post by Damien »

A time for a new meeting has to be set, to find a replacement for Elder Sideon Vilarion. There was a rumor around stating that Jeran might have left the place already, which has not been confirmed though. But for the case it turns out to be true, we will need suggestions for the free elder position.

~Damien
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*Parchment has been Removed*
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I suggest we meet ((Friday novemer the 7th at 19.00 gmt)) to discuss both the future leadership of Tol Vanima and other things. It is possible that no one is suitable for the position at this time, and if that is the case, I believe we should postpone the decision. This will temporarily leave us leaderless, but I believe we can make important decisions on weekly meetings, through voting. We probably do need a leader for the Tinechor right away though. I might be a candidate for this position myself, although I am just a mediocre fighter. If elected I would only lead temporarily, and step down when a more skilled fighter and leader is available.

Walk with the five

~Aeridor Isthil~

something is added at the bottom of the paper

I am happy to announce that Arcia is back again! I would like to nominate him as Elder. I am aware that not everyone knows Arcia, but hopefully they will get the opportunity to meet him on our next meeting. He is also a perfect candidate for leading the Tinechor, as he is a highly skilled warrior.
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Greetings brothers and sisters,

Ever since the day I came to this isle, seeking peace and shelter among the elves on Tol Vanima I've been displeased with the short few who choose to make it home. However, the new found activity is a great thing but it needs to be sustained. In order to sustain it, mandatory meetings should be held every week to keep the Town thriving.

That is not the reason I wrote this message, however. I wanted to place my bid to join or lead the Tinechor. I am skilled in the arts of elven warfare and understand when and when not to use my blade. Hopefully, if I am accepted, I won't displease you.

Also, I'd like to ask how I could obtain a small portion of land to build a house for my dwelling. I have the money and materials available to build.

May the five be with you,
Jarlyn
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

If I am not yet added as an official citizen I would like to be.

Aldan Vian
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Welcome Jarlan! I am very glad to see that more of our kind choose to settle on Vanima these days. I believe you are right, and that we should have frequent meetings, but I believe once every dwarven week is too often. Few will be able to come every time, and some might loose interest if the meetings are held too often.

When it comes to the Tinechor, I am glad we have a new candidate to the the leadership. Arcia is the current leader, but as it is very likely he is now elected Elder, the position must be filled once again. This leader will be chosen by the Elder, and if everything you say is true, you should be a perfect candidate. The elves of Tol Vanima will probably want to get to know you though, before they will let you lead our army.

I do not believe I am on the citizen list myself, so don't worry Aldan Vian. All elves who want to take part in meetings and live on Vanima are more than welcome to do so. Whether you are on the current list or not is without importance.

Walk with the five

~Aeridor Isthil~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Yes it would be wize to let the people get to know you.....

Aldan Vian
Ryan grey

citizenship

Post by Ryan grey »

i would like to become a citizen if no one objects too heavily . i wrote an elder but do not know if they recieved my letter. I also have a question about the acts of violence rule does that mean i cant hunt on vanima for meat to eat if i become a citizen?

Ryan Grey
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Are you not a human? If you are, how can you even read this? It is impressive that you speak our language this well. If you are human you can not become a citizen, and you can certainly not hunt in the woods of Tol Vanima. You are welcome to visit every now and then though, if you wish.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Kingdom of Silverbrand

Post by Kingdom of Silverbrand »

Ein gut gekleideter Bote überbringt der Führung Tol Vanimas einen Brief:

Am 2. Ushos zur 6. Stunde des Morgens* wird
in Silberbrand die Krönung von Friedwulfa zur
neuen Königin erfolgen.

Hiermit ist Tol Vanimas Führung eingeladen dem
beizuwohnen.

(( * Samstag, 8. November - 18 Uhr ))
Gummizelle

Post by Gummizelle »

Kingdom of Silverbrandd wrote: A well-dressed carrier delivers the leadership of Tol Vanima a letter.

At 2nd Ushos the 6th hour at morning, Friedwulfa will be crowned in Silverbrand as new queen.

Herewith the leadership of Tol Vanima is invited to attend.

((Saturday, 8th November-18:00 GMT+1))
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I would like to remind everyone of the meeting taking place ((Friday novemer the 7th at 19.00 gmt)), where we will vote for our new Elder. I hope everyone who is able will come.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I request a meeting, as there are several important things that must be discussed. Not only should we elect an elder, we must decide what to do with the criminal Liam Heneghan! Now, you may say that Troll's Bane's problems is non of our concern, but I believe you would be interested in knowing one of the main reasons why Heneghan has been declared a criminal; he has kept one of our kind as a slave for several months, not only abusing him physically, but also psychologically! I fear our brother may be lost to madness.

Something must be done, and it is up to us to take action! I suggest we meet ((friday 20:00 gmt)) and reach a conclusion on what our next move shall be.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

You should keep away from cultists young elf, for they have clearly confused your mind. Furthermore it seems to be you who is lost to madness, seeking titles in Trolls Bane. I suppose you are a human after all.

Sideon Vilarion
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I am not sure what you are accusing me of Master Vilarion. What you believe my personal reasons for helping a brother might be, is not of importance, although it saddens me to hear these accusations. The fact remains that one of our brethren has been held captive and abused by a human by the name Liam Heneghan. I do not even know the full name of this elf, only that Caranthir is his first name. If he is a cultist, the situation is of course another, but I believe we can both agree that he was not being used as a slave because of any group he might be part of!

~Daelyn Mitore~
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

With cultists, I refer to the Trolls Bane government, and in fact, to you.

Sideon Vilarion
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

So you are saying that we should not track the abuser of one of our brethren, because the one who saved the abused is part of some Cult, which I frankly have not even heard of? If the Troll's Bane government has formed some.. cult, that is not relevant to this matter, as we would obviously not track Liam Henghan for any human, but simply to make an example! An example telling all of Gobaith that we elves stand united. That noone can harm our kind, without receiving their rightful punishment!

I only ask for justice Mage Vilarion, nothing more.