Tol Vanima

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

(( that would be me ))
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

*a young lad walks to the boards and pins up a nod, mumbling to himself: "I hope there will be an elf who reads this...rare to see a elf on Vanima at all"*

Dear Elves of Vanima,

I am in search of the owner of the smithy on Tol Vanima. I put some things of mine in the chest in there and now the door is locked.

Hopefully the owner send me a letter to Varshikar

Riniao Teries
Aldan Vian

Mesage

Post by Aldan Vian »

I have important issues to speak of with the Elders of Tol Vanima.Please can one of the elders send me a dove whene they have time.Important.

Aldan Vian
~Recruit of the Trolls Bane Guard~
~founder of the Elven Templar~
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeran Malvok

Post by Jeran Malvok »

I seek time with any member of this island who has the authority to grant me citizenship. Make yourself known so I may be able to establish a time to meet you.

Jeran Malvok
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I may be wrong, but I believe all elves are automatically citizens of Vanima, unless they have asked not to be, or an Elder has banned them.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Lord Arcia

Re: Mesage

Post by Lord Arcia »

Arcia walks to the elven lands as if gliding upon the leaves and grasses of the forest. He quietly looks over the notifications on the boards as he runs his hands over his long elven robes. He lifts an eyebrow as he comes across a note. He adjusts his golden rope of a belt with one hand as he reaches into the folds of his robe to grab at a small piece of paper with the other. Muttering to himself, he posts a small group of words written in uncommonly poor elven writing in response.

Aldan Vian wrote: Aldan Vian
~Recruit of the Trolls Bane Guard~
~Prophet of the Five~
~founder of the Elven Templar~
What is this nonsense?

~Arcia~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Amusing indeed i meet him - in his mind he is very young, so forgive him his folness brother.

~Djironnyma
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

The elven Templar are in no way affiliated with Tol Vanima, nor is he as "prophet" in any way affiliated with Vanima. He is a selfproclaimed prophet who leads a group of what appears to be knights without aim.

So in a way, it is not nonsense, lord Arcia.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Priest of the Five
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Sharp words from unknowns against one who seeks to reignite the dwindling flame of Vanima. My question is why.

Jeran
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

This is not going to help reignite the dwindling flame of Vanima. A flame which has gone cannot be dwindling. I once tried contacting all elves, with the help of elder Isilwen, and no elf responded. There is no flame, only ashes.

Also, someone whom wishes to start a new flame, better try harder than proclaiming themselves a prophet to the Five, for the Five chose their prophets sporadically. They do give visions, but only to the rare few. Misjbar received a vision from the Five, but not even he, someone with megalomaniac ideas dared call himself a prophet because of it.

If you do wish to start a new flame, please do find a good few, perhaps more than 10 elves whom can provide the fuel for it.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Priest of the Five
Ryan grey

why only elves

Post by Ryan grey »

i mean no offense but why should only elves be allowed to reignite the flame of tol vanima. i am a human elder of the templar the thought of the group is not to be elves but to live as elves do. to protect and defend both the people and the environment. i admit we have few people right now but give us time we are rather new.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

A human will never understand the elven way of life. He simple life much to short to do it. The way you follow, if you follow these "Elven" Templars - isnt the way of the elves - it is the way of a elve which seem to lived to long under humans so that he behaviour like them. No offense to you stranger. Also humans can act very calm and wise - they can also recognition that worldly things have no value and can understand many other parts of the elven culture - but they will never understand the whole elven way of life - as long as they found no way to enlarge there life with many, many years.

~Djironnyma
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Welcome to the racist, arrogant superiority of the elven world little human. They live with their heads in the clouds, carrying on traditions only they care about, and spitting on everything else. I prefer the orcs, myself. At least they make good drinking partners.

~unsigned.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I believe that from those ashes, one could coax the embers and breath new life into the once flaming and burning fire of Tol Vanima. If any elven man or woman thinks he is up for the job, then by all means, don't pretend as though you, an inactive person could do a better job. Vanima needs change, a new direction and perhaps a new plan to revive it. For a elf to bash another for striving to make his home land strong and active once more is way beyond me, but of course.. I'm only human.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Warrior of Malachin
Last edited by Julius on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I was elaborating on the subject dear Julius Rothman. I do understand that humans in their ignorance cannot differentiate between different kinds of conversation and take everything as personal as possible, but that is not something I should spend time on explaining.

As to the human elder, I admire your will to understand. You are most welcome upon the lands, but making a human an elder to a group of elves is something that is much to reprehensible to me to even begin to think about. I am sorry. If you wish to learn about the elves, feel free to contact me, but no more.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

((I apolgize for writing the prophet of the five it was from an old charecter and I have fixed it imediatly.))

My mind is not young elders. I have expirenced the darkest and most vile things in the world but yet I have experienced the light as well. You are wrong about Ryan he understands more than you would think he has followed our ways and only if the races can bond togather may we be able to save what is left of Vanima. He was willing to devote himself and so he did and I highly doubt you have met him so I don't advise you judge him.Also what have you done to help Vanima I don't care if you like me or not but you don't realize the elves are dying have you looked around lately have you walked across the forests of Vanima? Whene was the last time you saw an elf there? My templar and I have done all we can to help the isle we haved lived there for a while. We have planted trees and have pepared should the people be threatened, We have used the resorces of Vanima to the fullest and not once have we broken your laws. We have done all we can to help Vanima and you sit there and look upon the land blankly. Do you not realize that if you do not act Vanima will crumble? Please if I seem out of place for saying this I beg of you do something......anything for Vanima is in danger of corruption. There is nobody left. I would give my life for Vanima and the elven kind as a whole. Please tell me what are you doing to help Vanima I see no change even in the darkest of times only if we all band togather may we save the isle. Do not let arrogance blind you. If all else fails there are more willing to help rebuild Vanima then you think I know an elf whom as already writen up a whole new government for Vanima if all is lost.

With hopes for the futer,
Aldan Vian
~Soon to be retired of the guard~
~Founder of the elven Templar~

P.S. I belive I responded to that call to all elves.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

We are not exactly knights war is not our goal and we have aim....Do you not realize what goes on around you?Perhaps before you make accusitions you should meet with me and find out what the Templar is all about

Aldan Vian
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

First of all, I am impressed that all these humans have learned how to both read AND write Elvish, though I suppose someone as wealthy as Julius Rothman may afford a translator. Secondly I would like all humans involved here to understand that Tol Vanima is an elven island and sanctuary, and will remain so while there are still true elves on Gobaith. We are of course both proud and happy to see that some humans try to follow our way of life, and I am sure you will be welcomed to the island if you choose to visit. However you can never rule the island.

Perhaps there is once again need for the Tinechor, Lord Arcia?

~Aeridor Isthil~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I would like to inform all elves upon the lands of Gobaith that I wish to see a rekindled flame, a new spark of hope upon Vanima. Therefore I put forth Jeran as a new elder of our people, for I believe, in all my wisdom and through divination that he shall show the elves the path of enlightenment again. I hope you will accept my word that this is the only truth that we can follow for now, for our older elders such as Sideon and Isilwen are busy upon their own paths, and do not have the time nor focus to guide our people.

Also, I do not believe that we need more than one elder at this time, since there are only 4 elves that can be relied upon at this time. Therefore I propose that a second elder shall be chosen when our numbers are more than 10 elves, readily living upon Vanima, and get back to 3 elders when our numbers exceed 20.

I wish to invite all elves, also those that chose to live in human settlements and outside of the land given to us by the Five themselves, to meet me (( Sunday evening, 19:30 GMT+2 )). I will answer all your questions. I can understand that some resistance will arise as to wether why not you were chosen as an elder. I believe that no other elf has proven to me that they hold Vanima as close in their heart as Jeran does, for I have never seen them roam the island.

May the Five bless and guide us,

~Alandur Allithyn~
Priest of the Five
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

And yes, I do believe the Tinechor should once again be reinstated for the safety of the lands given to us by the Five. This too can be discussed when we meet.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Damien

Post by Damien »

Elders are traditionally elected, not selected by priests. We can easily see where this mistake leads by just looking at a few decades of human history - Every elf on Vanima has a right to take part in the decision.
Things have to be done with some order, not at someone's own new ideas. The reason for our people's traditions are a few millenias of experience, so i see no reason why changing them within the blink of an eye.
It is also a common knowledge that a person calling him- or herself "wise" only uses said phrase for the sake of influence only, which is one thing that will make me think a dozen times more before giving my vote to your candidate as third elder. Those who seek for wisdom must never claim it, or their search has already failed. But i am moving my thoughts towards philosophy.

I want an Elder who can represent Vanima, who has proven himself as calm, wise and thoughtful person over a time long enough to know that he is reliable, and not someone placed there by a priest i don't even know to decide over my personal freedom.

Divinations are a religious matter, but their nature is like this, or like that. The overall outcome can be unclear at times. You have suggested a candidate for an election by their means, and you have requested an election, we shall see if he will become a third elder if the elders see it necessary to call out the election you requested for.
But again i must say that a much more proper way would be to privately contact both elders about the matter before announcing something like this here. That is both hasty and not the best mannerism.

A third elder would be a positive thing, though. I myself do not wish to participate as a candidate, if our elders decide for an election.

Vanima is a community with a few rules, and every restructuration should be planned with, not without both these rules and Vanima's citizens.

~Damien
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I have talked to Isilwen about calling for new elections, and nothing happened. Nothing whatsoever. I never see Isilwen upon our lands, I have never even met Sideon Vilarion. Elders are traditionally elected, and look where it has brought us? To a Vanima which is not even inhabited by elves but by gnomes and goblins.

Divination has been a powerful tool since the very dawn of time, and yes, you are right that it's visions are sometimes clouded, and the outcome is hard to predict. But I have also seen that there are no others at this point in time can lead Vanima.

And Damien, the fact that you say "I want" is an indication that you like to have a rather large part in the deciding of the electing of an elder. I have read through some of your writing from the last elections, and you have actively lobbied against certain elves as to prevent them to become elders. This is not correct conduct.

You also are true about the traditions, but even though I have seen many elders through the millenia, I haven't seen them so inactive and inable to guide our people as our current elders.

With that said, I myself dismiss the current elders that we have, as they refuse to take any action whatsoever. Where are our citizen's that we are to restructure Damien? There aren't any. You yourself do not even roam these lands. Come to the meeting and perhaps you can throw in your own vote and arguments, but until then, I shall take no note of your ludicrous words.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Damien

Post by Damien »

I have spoken against a selection that would have led to a few wars most likely, nothingis wrong about that.
Every elf on Vanima has his vote, and i never said i would want more than that.
But things like this need more than one person to decide. If you call a voting by yourself and have enough elves supporting it, i will of course support the community and accept the decision of a majority. But for that to happen, you will have to get it.

~Damien
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Well I am sorry Damien, but things have not worked out this way many times before, so I have decided to go against tradition this once, to see where it leads. Traditions are to be honoured, but not if they are futile. And in this case, the election traditions are futile because we always end up with people that refuse to play an active part in guiding our people.

I do not need your vote of confidence. I just said that Jeran shall be the elder that guides our people for now, because the other two elders do not guide our people to enlightenment. Feel free to propose a different candidate though, and I shall judge him.

May the Five guide us,

~Alandur Allithyn~
Saril

Post by Saril »

Ich stimme Damien zu. Warum will jemand etwas verändern was schon seit Jahrhunderten funktioniert. Nur weil es ihm nicht schnell genug geht? Weil er denkt, das er mit schnellen unüberlegten Handlungen Vanima entwickeln kann. Zu was entwickeln? In einen Abklatsch einer Menschenstadt? Wir sind Elfen. Wir glauben an den Pfad der Suchenden. Wir glauben an Geduld und Vernunft. Über Jahre ist Vanima ein Hain der Ruhe und der Konstanz. Keine politischen streiterein mit den Menschenstädten. Ein harmonisches zusammenleben mit den Gnomen und Tieren der Wälder.

Was will denn dieser Jeran denn als Elder machen? Als Bürger von Vanima möchte ich gerne hören was er auf der Insel alles ändern möchte.

Saril

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree to Damien. Why somebody wants to change something what already functions since centuries. Only because it does not go for him fast enough? Because he thinks that he can develop with quick rash actions Vanima. To what develop? In an imitation of a human city? We are elves. We believe in the path of the searching. We believe in patience and reason. For years Vanima is a grove of the rest and Constance. None political quarrels-purely with the human cities. A harmonious one live together with the gnomes and animals of the woods.

What will Jeran do, when he is a Elder? As a citizen of Vanima I would like to hear with pleasure what he would like to change on the island everything.

Saril
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Let us not quarrel and make hasty decisions about something this important. Both Damien and Allythin have good points, but I fear that this has become a competition in words, rather than a constructive discussion. Instead of continuing this here, I suggest we all meet in person, as Allithyn earlier proposed. This will allow us to hold an ellection, as Damien so wisely suggests.

I would also like to point out that though most elves do not permanently live on Vanima, it is the sanctuary of many of our kind. We may leave the island, but we will always come back, especially in times of need. Tol Vanima is more than just an island or geographical area. Tol Vanima is a unity of elves, a treaty that we are all part of, if we choose to be.

I would also like to ask Allithyn and Damien to forget their differences, cause even though their views on this situation are different, they may very well agree on most other things. If we want this to work, we should focus on what we share, rather than on what we disagree.

~Aeridor Isthil~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Yes Aeridor, I hope this meeting can continue, even with our more inactive brethren whom refuse to change. Also, Saril, I do believe you live in the rather hostile environment of Varshikar, and not Vanima. Even though you are on our citizenlist, I do not believe your allegiance lies with the elves, and more with forlorn spirits.

Humans also have voting systems, so in that we are very alike thank you. Patience and reason have brought me to this decision, and for years now Vanima has been empty, void of your presence as well as Damien's Saril. Harmony is not upon Vanima anymore, since we have other creatures living in our woods, goblins or gnomes or whatever they are called.

I do not care for your petty arguments. Step up with a stronger defence next time.

~Alandur Allithyn~
Priest of the Five
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Alandur and Saril, with all due respect, you will get nowhere with a harsh tone even if you are right, cause it is impossible to forgive someone for being right if he takes pride in having won the argument. Please notice that both sides feel equally strong about the issue, and since you disagree perhaps you are both wrong? The only way to decide is by meeting with only one thought in mind: What is best for Tol Vanima and the elves of Gobaith?

~Aeridor Isthil~
Damien

Post by Damien »

Wise words spoken, Aeridor Isthil.
As many Elves as possible are needed to gather for said meeting. We all have to spread the words ! If there should not be enough elves participating in the planned one, a second meeting has to be planned even further in advance and must be pronounced on more public places as well.
~Damien
Saril

Post by Saril »

Ich möchte es hier wissen was er plant da ich mir denken kann das auf dem treffen nur in neu gesprochen wird und wie man sieht ist mein neu nicht das Beste.

Saril

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to know it here what plans he, there I think that the meeting was in spoken new. We all see is me new not the best.

Saril
Last edited by Saril on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.