The Territory of Sorbania

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Founders:
#1: Fjaen Greybone
#2: Delorges Rugend
#3: Rinli Solomon
#4: Earl Greenleaf
The purpose of this is to acquire loyalties, gain
supporters, disperse information amongst the
Isle and oversee the construction of a new City, Sorbania.
(Do not post until stated you can do so.)
Last edited by Fjaen Greybone on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Rough Sketch of the Laws of Sorbania
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
§1. Criminal fugitives.
In the instance some one is a criminal wanted by another town we will not harbor any one wanted for a crime in Silverbrand or the northern lands, but the Royal Brigade will aid in their capture if needed.The Royal Guard is only active within the boundaries of the walls of the City—holding no station on the rest of the island, it is up the Royal Brigade to pursue further criminals wanted in other lands.

§2. Murder of a citizen of Sorbania
Murder of a Citizen with the walls of the City will result in their persuing and their capture. They will
be detained for no less than 4 weeks minimum to the attack and the attacker will face a trial. If the attacker is found guilty he may spend no less than 8 weeks in the dungeon, depending on the seriousness of the crime.

§3. Theft.
The obvious and best solution to any loss from theft is the return of property; this of course, we will do our best to facilitate. However due to the usually secretive nature of the crime and the potential for people to mistakenly or falsely accuse innocents the Royal Guards will not commit to take any action. Unless they witness the crime personally, a thief—if caught red handed—may be banned from the city or in extreme cases held in custody until a trial is organized.
Muggings give one week in the dungeon minimum, 3 weeks maximum.

§5. Banning.
Attacking a Royal Guard or member of the Royal Brigade holds a penalty of a permanent ban from the City. Which will only be lifted at the uttering of my word, or the word of the Legionnare you attacked. A Guardsman or Brigadesman may ban solely on their word for one month, and right to jail. For a longer ban there is to be a trial, minimum ban is one month, maximum indefinate. All depending upon the reason.
Once banned, you may not set foot in the City without expressed permission from a Brigadesman or Guardsman or myself. A list of individuals banned from town will be posted on the City walls and kept up to date. Anyone entering town when banned can expect a hostile reception. Indeed even citizens may feel free at their own discretion to take up arms against someone listed as banned. Gone are the days criminals hear there are no authoritive figures about and slink into the City.
You are a trespasser, you may be asked to leave once, you may be slain on sight. However the earnest lies on members of the public to be certain about the identity and status of a banned individual—if you are unsure, do not act, as any innocent you cut down will make you a murderer.

§6. Dueling and offensive magic.
Dueling and Offensive magic are allowd inside town. There will be specified training grounds where these actions may take place. Hostile magics or duelings that turn into murder or fights, the offenders shall be detained for a minimum of 1 week in the dungeon.

§7. Royalties and the Royal Defenses
The King, Queen, Marshall of the Brigade, or General of the Guard have the right to ban for any amount of time, within reasonable distinction. High Officers of the Gaurd or Brigade are empowered to levy a ban 30 days or imprison for 6 days as they see fit. The Royal Defenses must give the abuser a warning stating that if they do not comply, you will use force if needed. If they still do not coply, you are free to use the force. All are under Oath.

§9 Trials

Trials will begin when jury, victim, and suspect is present. The King or Queen will begin the ceremony and one at a time, the statements will be made. Trials must be iniated by the victim.

§9.1 Jury

Jury will consist of no less than 3 City members and will always be an odd number. Jury members cannot be victims or witnesses. It must be a neutral party inorder to participate.

§9.2 Suspect

If suspect fails to show up to the agreed date, they will be banned until the trial is held.

§9.3 Right to Invoke Speed

We hold the right to designate only 1 jury member for small trials in order to suffice for larger criminals.

§10. Taxes

Taxes will be collected every 6 weeks ((two RL weeks)), if you are subject to them.

§10.1 Policy

Land owners will be taxed for owning land in Sorbania. The amount will be dependent on building size. The money will go into the Treasury, and will be used as needed.

§10.2 Penalties

Failure to pay taxes for your estate will sentence you to a trial. Penalties for failure to pay taxes can be from a ban or jailing as a warning. If this failure to pay continues, the punishment will be increased.

§ 11. Lumberjack Restrictions

It is illegal to cut, saw, or destroy any forms of vegetation within City walls. Failure to comply will result in a fine, the amount is dependant upon how many trees you've cut.

§ 12. Public Conduct & Impersonating Government Officials

Impersonating Royalty, or Royal Defenses is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. Depending on the seriousness you could face death, the minimum is a month in the Dungeon.

Throwing harmful substances (Glass, Weapons, Molotovs) will get you a permanent ban from the City.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Rough Sketch of the Royal Defenses
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~The Kingdom's Hierarchy~
The Hierarchy consist of two main parts, the Monarchy and the Aristocracy. The Monarchy consists of the King and Queen, whereas the Aristocracy consists of the Lord, Ladies, Dukes, Dutchess', Counts, Countess, and those who hold high rankings within the Royal Defenses.
The Royal Defenses consists of two parts, the Royal Guard and the Royal Brigade. The Royal Guard are in-charge of defense of the city itself and commanded by the General of the Royal Defenses. The Royal Brigade is lead by the Marshall of the Royal Defenses. The Brigade is responsible for 'retaliation.' They hunt down and capture or kill, depending on the circumstances, individuals who have wronged us.

The Royal Defenses:
Protector of Sorbania: This position involves judicial and diplomatic functions of the City. This includes inter and intra relations for the City. While both the Marshall and General of Sorbania command the Royal Defenses, the Protector of Sorbania works in conjunction with them to keep the peace. Any command the Protector of Sorbania makes HAS to go through the other two.

General of Sorbania: The main function of the General is to command the Royal Guard. This person and their men protect and defend the city during raids and times of war. Their primary concern is to defend the City and its Citizens at any cost.

Marshall of Sorbania: The main function of the Marshall is to head the Royal Brigade. This person and their forces hunt in times of war and specific enemies of the City, which includes unhonorable raiders. In times of a hunt the Marshall has overall power over the army. Likewise during a raid, overall command goes to the General of Sorbania.

Royal Hunters: The function of these people is to be the right hand man, sometimes lead the raids and hunts with the Marshall on any who have committed injustices with the City.

~Ranks of the Royal Defenses~
(Lowest to Highest)
(The ranks are the same in each of the Defenses, except for their leaders.)

Layman: Layman are the lowest form of rank within the Royal Defenses. They are members who have joined the Royal Defenses, but have not sworn an oath and chosen between the Royal Brigade or Royal Guard.

Journeyman: Journeyman are members who have sworn an oath and have chosen between the Brigade and the Guard. They have little standing within the Guard or Brigade but are a vital part nonetheless.

Trooper: Troopers are members who have long since been under oath and have proven themselves worthy of advancement within the Royal Brigade or the Royal Guard.

Officer: Officers are highly seasoned and highly trained members of the Royal Defenses. They do their best to work with the rest of the Royal Defenses to make sure the City is safe.

High Officer: High officers are the rank just below the Marshall in the Royal Brigade, or the General in the Royal Guard.

Marshall: See the Hierarchy.
General: See the Hierarchy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Fjaen Greybone on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Supporters and People Involved
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1: Delorges Rugend
#2: Koralay
#3: Earl Greenleaf
#4: Rinli Solomon
#5: Dusty Bottoms (Possibly)
#6: Alica Scarface (Possibly)
#7: Gort Greegog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(You may now post!)
Last edited by Fjaen Greybone on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

((if you see this as 'spam' i'll remove it...))

You have no right to mark land, all the land belongs to us, as Gobaith does... you have no right to help steal our land; mark it as your own, and then impose your own rules.

You are guests in it, my brothers and sisters owned all this land since before your father's father was born... You are guests, you have no more right to set laws then that of any other goverment.

The lizard of the shadows
scratch
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

You may speak however you wish, I understand there is a Lizard City soon to be built, that will be 'your' land.

~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

Ask any scholar, ask any sage. Gobaith was the land of the lizardfolk from before your grandfather's time...

You have no right,to supress us...we are not your slaves

TRESPASSERS!

~The lizard of the shadows~
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

I have not supressed you, nor called you against anything. You were the first on Gobaith, it was all your at the time, but you must cope.

~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

Cope with what? Burglers? You stole our land, even the land which you just claimed to be yours.. who's was it before you? You didn't ask us permission to use it. If that land seems to be not owned by anyone, then it is defentally ours.

Ask for permission...

~The lizard of the Shadows~
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

I will not ask for permission. Times have changed lizard, deal with it. The land I claimed wasn't owned, so I claimed it.

Another things you must deal with,
~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

You will start caring soon enough Farron...

At the depths of the seas
Which Mother has blessed
There lie the shadows
Which conceal what she wills
Where the ones who protect
The life that she gave
And fight from the darkness
Yet not on its side
To bring down the ones
That defy Mother's will

Like a great tidal wave
Which Mother has willed
Over the planes
Over the moutains
Over the hills
Over the meadows
That be the force
Of the Lizard of the Shadows...

-

Oh and Master Greybone, what made you think it was unclaimed? Because we have no walls? Sharks don't have walls either.. but they have territories
Last edited by Llama on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

I've claimed it, it is mine.

~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

You didn't respect that which we claimed, why should we respect that which YOU stole?

I hearbye Claim all of the world...

See, this is just what you have done...

~LOTS~
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Nay, my claim is justifiable.
~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

And ours aren't? Because you placed a wooden post and named it your land doesn't mean that its yours... we marked our own land as well; we marked ALL of it as ours...

So ours is justifiable by history, before you were born...

~LOTS~
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

So how was it marked?

Donal Mason
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

As I said, you claim the world, which you can't. I claim a par tof the Isle, it is mine. Deal with it and stop whining, do not post here anymore,

~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

You wouldn't understand Master Mason, you are a landling...

Bu note that there were shrines to Mother built in every corner of the isle... before you destroyed them or reclaimed them.

Greybone, do not ask me to resort to direct action...

~LOTS~
Shrouded Figures

Post by Shrouded Figures »

ye may claim whatever ye want to, however that doesn't mean that former inhabiants alive or otherwise will bend to yer will. nor does it mean anyone will even take ya seriously. the land ye be claimin belongs to the fae folk i believe, i'd take care before making any false assumption.

a reader.
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

As I said in earlier posts, if you read.
~Fjaen Greybone
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hmm, trolls mostly, and the odd skeleton...

I hope you enjoy your stolen land...
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Hmm, trolls mostly, and the odd skeleton...

I hope you enjoy your stolen land...
Of course.
~Fjaen Greybone
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

(Whew. Thread reopened.)
For all those of you who had an interest in this project, please send me a dove with your names. I have decided to reclaim the land.

~Fjaen Greybone
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

I wish to know how much of the southern forests you are willing to remove from our wonderous isle in order to build your city.
The southern woods that you claim are at least one-fifth of the forestry in all of Gobiath, Briar, Sirani, and Tol Vanima combined. I trust you shan't remove the southern woods entirely during the course of your project. This would easilly result in large-scale economical problems (extreme loss of wood, fruits, and hunting game which may lead to starvation and lack of building materials, tools, and even common weapons to keep oneself protected).

Also, your boundaries don't exactly make sense to me. What of the Skeleton woods and the remainder of the southern woods just south of your land? In claiming the area north of these places from coast to coast, you are removing them from the rest of the mainland. To enter these forests, others must travel through your borders, which is foolish and poor planning. Are you going to charge travellers to enter those lands, even if they are not yours? If that is the case, why not simply claim the entire southern peninsula? At least there are ways to walk around the crossroads of Trollsbane (mountain passages, rivers) but many may have to SWIM around your borders to reach the tips of the southern peninsula. This makes no sense to me in the least.

A few thoughts that I hope may be cleared up.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Sess'sth wrote:I wish to know how much of the southern forests you are willing to remove from our wonderous isle in order to build your city.
The southern woods that you claim are at least one-fifth of the forestry in all of Gobiath, Briar, Sirani, and Tol Vanima combined. I trust you shan't remove the southern woods entirely during the course of your project. This would easilly result in large-scale economical problems (extreme loss of wood, fruits, and hunting game which may lead to starvation and lack of building materials, tools, and even common weapons to keep oneself protected).

Also, your boundaries don't exactly make sense to me. What of the Skeleton woods and the remainder of the southern woods just south of your land? In claiming the area north of these places from coast to coast, you are removing them from the rest of the mainland. To enter these forests, others must travel through your borders, which is foolish and poor planning. Are you going to charge travellers to enter those lands, even if they are not yours? If that is the case, why not simply claim the entire southern peninsula? At least there are ways to walk around the crossroads of Trollsbane (mountain passages, rivers) but many may have to SWIM around your borders to reach the tips of the southern peninsula. This makes no sense to me in the least.

A few thoughts that I hope may be cleared up.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
I plan on exterminating most of the Forest, in all truth. There will be no lack of anything, it is one forest, forests grow back. Many can be planted.

I plan on using the land to the south of my claim for farmland and the like. I am not chargin admittance into the city, but I do plan to place a fee on citizenship much as Trollsbane has done.

~Fjaen Greybone
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well, I still think it is a good idea.

Let me know if you need any assistance to get your territory started. I look for good things from someone who can accomplish such a task. We should meet sometime. Send me a dove on a convenient time for you to come to Greenbriar.

~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Thank you Mayor Bottoms, I will.
~Fjaen Greybone
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Fjaen Greybone wrote:I plan on exterminating most of the Forest, in all truth. There will be no lack of anything, it is one forest, forests grow back. Many can be planted.

I plan on using the land to the south of my claim for farmland and the like. I am not chargin admittance into the city, but I do plan to place a fee on citizenship much as Trollsbane has done.
These forests are the closest to Trollsbane. A forest cannot grow back if you are to build where the trees once were. Grow more forests, you say? This isle is tiny. Where there is not a forest, there is a desert, a swamp, or mountains. In exterminating these woods, all hunting game to the south will be slain or will flee, thus making meat harder to gather. We will have to go elsewhere to gather our herbs and pick our fruit; the few trees in Trollsbane itself are almost always barren from over-picking. We will endanger our lumberjacks and carpenters as they wander farther and farther from home to chop logs and saw branches. If there won't be a lack of these things, their prices shall certainly rise to great heights.

Why not simply claim the rest of the southern peninsula, if you plan on building there anyway? Afterall, that would be building on land that is not yours, the same thing as if you were to suddenly build inside Trollsbane (which you practically are anyway, being but a stone's throw away).

I see little reason for another town to be built so close to the main crossroads of our isle. Why not try to run for governor yourself, and have your supportors help you gain power in Trollsbane? Your rules do not seem to vary much from those of Trollsbane, anyway. What makes your land worth living in versus the main town that already exists? Do you plan on making this land into a harbor-city where Gobiath will gain better contact with other nations leagues away?
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Fjaen Greybone

Post by Fjaen Greybone »

Sess'sth wrote:
Fjaen Greybone wrote:I plan on exterminating most of the Forest, in all truth. There will be no lack of anything, it is one forest, forests grow back. Many can be planted.

These forests are the closest to Trollsbane. A forest cannot grow back if you are to build where the trees once were. Grow more forests, you say? This isle is tiny. Where there is not a forest, there is a desert, a swamp, or mountains. In exterminating these woods, all hunting game to the south will be slain or will flee, thus making meat harder to gather. We will have to go elsewhere to gather our herbs and pick our fruit; the few trees in Trollsbane itself are almost always barren from over-picking. We will endanger our lumberjacks and carpenters as they wander farther and farther from home to chop logs and saw branches. If there won't be a lack of these things, their prices shall certainly rise to great heights.

Why not simply claim the rest of the southern peninsula, if you plan on building there anyway? Afterall, that would be building on land that is not yours, the same thing as if you were to suddenly build inside Trollsbane (which you practically are anyway, being but a stone's throw away).

I see little reason for another town to be built so close to the main crossroads of our isle. Why not try to run for governor yourself, and have your supportors help you gain power in Trollsbane? Your rules do not seem to vary much from those of Trollsbane, anyway. What makes your land worth living in versus the main town that already exists? Do you plan on making this land into a harbor-city where Gobiath will gain better contact with other nations leagues away?
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
That is nice.
Thank you for your input.
~Fjaen Greybone
Travian

Post by Travian »

Meh will beh willing tuh beh in yer army.

Karguk