The Kingdom of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Poots

Post by Poots »

I can't help but agree with her, I think all the taxes are a bit high. I hope this is brought up at the next town meeting.

~Allen~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It will be Allen, it is in a few days just as a reminder (free drinks will be provided after). I can also explain my reasoning for taxes either on paper or at the meeting, if you hear me out I think it will make some sense.

F
Calilmal

Post by Calilmal »

So you say everyone can buy a house or land, even if they are not citizens, but for the full price instead of paying tax? In that case, how much would the workshop cost, including everything in it?

Alica
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Town meeting starting soon, all welcome, free drinks.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

First tax week has officially passed, payments due.

Arena- Stephen Rothman / 3 Silver / PAID
Library- Waiting
Mage Tower- Grey Rose / 5 Silver / Delay Request Granted
Inn- Waiting
Last edited by Fooser on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The Grey Rose have requested time to decide on what they will do about finding a new owner for the "Mage Tower", or known to some as the "Hospital", when used by the druids. This request has been granted, and they will be responsible for the taxes up to the point where ownership is changed. Right now this is at 5 silver.

F
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Excuse my simple mind to interfere in this, but why has the mage tower or hospital to be owned by someone. Shouldn't a hospital be public ?! I suppose it is not existant in view to profit but to help people needing treatment and/or healing.
If the "ownership" refers to raise taxes for maintenance of the building, maybe this could be solved by donations, so nobody will be forced to ownership and paying taxes.

Aurora Mahirimah
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Fooser I wanted to bring this up! We have a big tavern, a big shop but a tiny little hosspital. Should we not prioritize people's health!

-Ssafar
Jason Tanner

Post by Jason Tanner »

I must agree with Aurora in these veiws, the hospital should not be allowed to be owned, I myself will help to donate to help keep it standing.

~Jason Tanner
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

To respond about the hospital. This building was not always a hospital, it was owned long before it became one by the Grey Rose, then they let the building be used by the druids, and then at this point, it was called the "hospital". The druids are not seen frequently, and I can't just take away the Grey Rose's right to the building, since they were the previous owners.

F
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Fooser, since I've been living on this isle, this building is known to me as hospital, excuse my lack of knowlegde.

Of course I would not expect you to take away anybody's rights or belonging. Maybe the Grey Rose would keep and maintain the building if donations will be given to them.

And I want to add that myself, being apprentice of the Druids of the Forrest, hopefully future medico, did indeed use this building to help and treat more than once, as did Nerian Finera. So this building is definitely used and, I may add as well, needed.

Aurora Mahirimah
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Lennier mentioned something about possibly switching ownership to the druids, so if there are some still about, perhaps an arrangement can be made. But the building will need to be taxed nonetheless whenever the situation clears up.

F
Foraker

Post by Foraker »

Well I know the Grey Rose owns this establishment. I am fairly close with Grey Rose and have a proposition to make with them. Please wait for this master Fooser since it concerns the Hospital. I will keep you informed.

Sincerely,
Alderman Foraker of Greenbriar
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

To make clear for everyone. You also can read the contracts to this within the announcments of the Grey Rose.

The Mage Tower was built and owned maybe 20 years ago by Elminister ben Gorion, an old Knight of the Grey Rose. When he left the isle the tower was not used for a long time. The Grey Rose decided herself to find a use. The result was, that the Druids of the Forest got the right to "use" the tower than the first Hospital of Trolls Bane - The first in general at the whole Gobaith.

Now the Grey Rose is forced to find new active users for the towers. The Druids of the Forest are not active enough for us, that we want to pay the tax for them.

So we will find a new solution - propably a new ownership. But this is a decision of the Grey Rose.

~Lennier
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose~
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Well, this is kind of funny, but me for my own part am really glad that I don't have to be that active at the hospital.

But of course I do see and understand your point Lennier.
I won't interfere anymore, just wanted to bring to notice that the building IS used and needed as a hospital.

Aurora Mahirimah
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Perhaps something could be done not to tax this particular building, it has saved many lives, including mine atleast three times this year.
I do not have the money to pay taxes for more than a few months, but I would gladly help with any work that needs to be done to the building itself.

As stated it is up to the grey rose, I'm merely suggesting and offering help to the maintenance.

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

I thank everyone for their support of the hospital and for not being short-sighted on its benefit to our community, and in fact the whole of Gobaith.

In the past the tax has been waived for the hospital, as we make NO profits off of it's use. In fact, the users of the hospital, the medicos, spend their own time, energy, and coin to keep it running and to heal the citizens of the city and persons of Gobaith.
Until such a time occurs in which we make coin by its use, I recommend that the hospital remain tax-free. It is a service for the public and to have it taken away is folly.
The Grey Rose was extremely helpful in lending the use of the tower to the Druids and to Trollsbane and to ask for a tax from them seems selfish and I would never condone such a thing. Similarly, as I have explained, the Druids of the Forest has not such funds as there is never monetary compensation for our work.

Avareniah Igdrasil
Medico and Leader of the Druids of the Forest
swish1

Teach

Post by swish1 »

Will you ever teach me?

-John Copland
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Good people of the Kingdom of Trollsbane,

We will be switching to a system of Royal Guards as opposed to the previous system, because it wasn't working. I seek the most loyal and brave in all the land to defend the principles and glory of Trollsbane!

King Fooser I
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

your majesty,

might i ask what would be the benefits for royal guards?

devotly, tjalf kormson
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The same as town guards.

King Fooser I
Poots

Post by Poots »

The honor of protecting the City of Trolls Bane. What more do you need?

~Allen~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Presenting the new and improved Trollsbane symbol:

King Fooser I
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

If anyone wants to know. The onion stands for the fact that Fooser is an onionball champion. Though he never faced me in a match.

--RICHARD--
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I would be interested in joining the Royal Guard.

Cromwell.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:I would be interested in joining the Royal Guard.

Cromwell.
Speak to me in private, or Royal Guard Gerron.

Fooser I
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Updates on the Status of Trollsbane:

Building Projects / Futre Building Projects

The Dark Blue - A project that will hopefully be underway soon, a house that I have been working to get for quite some time. I have acquired most of the materials and that will perhaps be starting soon.

Dark Grey Areas - Decent locations for possible construction inside of the town walls. If anyone has interest in building those are recommended areas of the town to look.

Royal Guards
-Welcoming Sir Gerron as the first Royal Guard, a position above Recruit because he has some experience and was a town guard before this.

Ranks and Abilities:

Recruit - A new joining Guard, they have many limitations, they can issue short temporary ban, and enforce the law on a very basic level. They are also encouraged to continue improving their combat experience, and experience handling difficult situations.

Royal Guard - One who advances to Royal Guard will recieve a gate key, and be responsible for the general defense of the town. They may issue extended temporary bans.

King's Bodyguard - They will recieve a jail key upon reaching this rank, and can jail for whatever time they think is necessary. They can make bans of any amount of time. Bodyguards are expected to have good combat and situational experience.

Town Meetings
Be on the lookout for another town meeting within the month, if you wish to bring questions or concerns.

King Fooser I
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Welcome Atrineas as a citizen and Recruit of the royal guard.

King Fooser I
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

People of Trollsbane, be on your guard, the times of Mas are upon us once again.

Fooser I
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

-Welcome Farel back as a royal guard.