The Kingdom of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Poots

Post by Poots »

J S wrote:My reply to Gudrun, the crazed woman.
I work alone. For the moment.
I thief, I rob. Indeed. I must admit it.
Find me something that pays me more, without breaking my bones while working, and I'll be more than happier to stop robbing. Meanwhile, leave me alone, and I'll keep my daggers away from you. For a while.

~ J.S. ~

keep it up and I assure you, your bones will crumble. Robbing is nice now but sooner or later, you'll get caught. They all do.

~Allen~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

He has been caught many times before. There is just never a guard around to catch him. He always manages to avoid getting in deep trouble. Next time he steals from me or a friend while I am around, I'm taking his dagger from him by force and handing him some grain seeds and a scythe.

--Dantagon M.
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

Sorry that there is not much guards around, I am the only remaining recruit and I can not get in town as often as I wish.

Also, I hearby ban Emilio on accounts of chopping a tree and hurting a man in the process, he shall return tommorow.

--Leonardo de Vaughn
J S

Post by J S »

As many of you know, I have stopped my crimes completely, and seeked out of trouble. But tonight, as I was making my way to the shop, I saw Gort, Tahlian, Grant and Gilthas in the shop. I decided to walk out, as I was not in the mood for large crouds. They saw me and followed me, grouped around me, and started ordering to take my armor. I told them it was not with me as I was lumberjacking, grabbed my hatchet and attacked Gort who was grabbing me, I made him let go and climbed to the Library's roof, Gort followed me, and I had to jump, but I managed to limp myself out of the Town and hide in the Grey Rose.

I am not sure if Gilthas was helping me, I believe he was. But please governor, do something. Thank you.

~ J.S. - Jackee Lant
Silo

Post by Silo »

Jackee...you have not stopped your crimes, nor will you ever. I've seen you robbing more than once, which does not surprise me. Twice recently, a halfling and a goblin, neither which did you any harm.

You've insulted me and Gort, threatened to kill us. I'm not threatening, I am simply going to kill you.

Tahlian
J S

Post by J S »

We'll see who they believe, Tahlian.
Everyone knows since the incident with myself and the Governor, I haven't done a single crime.
I have paid 10 times what I stole, repaired all my mistakes, and am now living my life lawfully.

Threatened Gort? What are you? Insane? Nevermind, don't bother with that. I know the answer already.

It is strange you dislike me, I thought you were one of the rare ones who appreciate me.

You, Grant and Gort only wanted my armor.

~ J.S. - Jackee Lant
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Were there any other witnesses than you lot? Forgive me, but I am not trusting of some of you at the moment. From personal experience, Gort can be questionable, but hasn't crossed the line when I have been around.

F
J S

Post by J S »

Gilthas.

~ J.S. - Jackee Lant
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Funny, I was robbed in the library, too, and only escaped with a jump from the roof...
But I don't know the two men who attacked me, because they were hooded (but one of them has only one hand).
And Gort was in town at this time, too.

Midrusio
J S

Post by J S »

At what hour, and what day.
I'll tell you precisely where I was, proving you it wasen't me.
I'm more than tired of being called a thief and a criminal.

~ Johnny Swiftfingers.
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

An armored dwarf pins a note below this parchment, then he walks off to the direction of Silverbrand, chuckling

Irmoroms Blessings,

Today when I had buisiness to do in your town, an orc with the ugliest nose you ever seen ( (18*******) ) approached me and asked for me money. Though he changed his mind after he saw me axe har!

Still I thought it wouldn' hurt to tell the guard about this orc.
Maybe he starts picking on people his own size aswell.

Thurbert,
Chancellor of Silverbrand
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Noted Thurbert, thanks for bringing it to attention.

Fooser
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Oh, not robbed or attacked for some hours...
I want to ask who owns now the Tavern and the Inn?

Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I believe Thomas won the property of the seahorse inn, and has others help him with it, including Samantha. The tavern is owned and worked by the dwarves of silverbrand.

F
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Yes, that are my informations, too.
I asked because Thomas Tiefensee left the island and Stephen Rothman has tried to aquire the tavern which as far as I know still belongs to Tialdin; the tenents were the dwarfs Brendill and Einkill Al'Ad Kàzár and the lizard Scorba Spite who all seems to have left the island or are missing.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Thomas is on a journey, but I still care for the Inn in his name. I hold all keys and i let rooms to everyone who wishes to rent one. The Inn is neither without owner, nor unused.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Thomas still owns the seahorse inn, he payed good money for it, and those who he left it in charge to will continue to be in charge of it. Same for the dwarves, though they should be encouraged to make it an active and profitable place.

F
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

Irmoroms Blessings Fooser,

We can not do more than command one of our brothers to stay there to sell refreshments to everyone as any other try to provide amusement would fail badly, as dwarves are terrible dancers and you wouldn't find our taste of music appealing, believe me.

Thurbert,
Chancellor of Silverbrand
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Thurbert,

You can come dance for me anytime you want.

Fooser
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:i let rooms to everyone who wishes to rent one.
Except for the whores it seems.

~Unsigned~
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I do think she would let whores rent a room, just not if they do their 'work' in it, maybe a misunderstanding there.
Trolls Bane

Post by Trolls Bane »

We will be using this parchment again. Questions, comments, and concerns can be directed here. Laws and Citizen list have been added in. If you want to add your name, or remove it, write so here or a letter. There is no requirement to being allowed a citizen.

Guard meeting tomorrow, held by Farel, the new Captain.

Afterwards I plan on have an extension of the meeting, where everyone of Trollsbane can come, we will be discussing:
-The situation with the temple
-Building/Land within Trollsbane
-Perhaps other topics as well
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

May I request that you place end results of this discussion for those who can not attend? Thank you.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Page of Kallahorn
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Aye, the events and ideas of the day will be summarized.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Updates to citizen list and other areas.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

There will be a town meeting at the end of this week. There will be announcements, and possibly discussion. Afterwards drinking and fun hopefully.

((Saturday 7/10/06 or 10/7/06 depending on Europe/U.S. ;) 2PM Eastern, -4/-5 GMT))

Fooser
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Notice: These changes have been made to the main parchment, be aware of these if you are looking towards property in our town.

Proposal for Property/Tax Policy

1. There will be no fee for those wishing to become citizens.

2. No weekly tax will be paid by those who don't own property. This is unfair for them, and will cause concern among the citizens.

3. Public buildings (Workshop, Store) will not be taxed, unless they eventually recieve a private owner.

4. Groups/Individuals that do own property can be subject to a reasonable weekly tax, mostly based off the size of property owned, along with other factors.

5. For new property, it can be sold to those who wish to build homes or other structures. If you want to buy land within Trollsbane's jurasdiction you can do so by either:
A. Making a direct up-front payment for the land, then with no tax after.
B. Pay very little up front, but then subject to a weekly tax like other land owners.

6. Only Citizens can build housing structures within Trollsbane, or nearby. Service buildings are open for all if they have the money and materials. Buildings can be sold to anyone, but auctions can only be won by citizens, and auctions can only be held by the town.

7. Failure to produce proof of ownership can lead to reclaim of property by the town. Refusal to pay tax at any point forfeits your property. Missing 3 tax periods ((3 weeks)) will lead to the same thing.

-This proposal will be used for now, and can be changed, this is new ground we walk on, so nothing will be set in stone for now. Comments on this property proposal, or any topics discussed are welcome.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Initial taxation rates:

"Mage Tower"/Hospital, Owners: Grey Rose, 5 silver per 3 weeks
Private Area of the Library, Owners: Damien/Grey Light: 7 silver per 3 weeks
Seahorse Inn, Owners: Thomas/Samantha: 2 silver per 3 weeks
Shop: Public, 0 Tax
Workshop: Public, 0 Tax
Arena, Owner: Stephen : 3 silver per 3 weeks

((3 weeks = 1 RL))

The start of timing was when the property policy was posted, days ago.
Next tax due: 12 days ((4 RL))
Last edited by Fooser on Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

That is crazy. The seahorse inn doesn't make enough profit to pay even a little part of that tax. That tax is too high and can't be paid. I want to meet with you and discuss that, Mister Fooser.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

What would be reasonable then?

F