Lizards of The Land

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Lizards of The Land

Post by Llama »

((Rules: THis is assumed to be in lizard, unless stated))

This parchement is written in lizard tongue

Brothers and Sisters, Chidren of Zelphia

We are a minority, we are sometimes treated differently, or treated with suspicion. Though one fish will get caught, a million fishes will not. We should form up as a group. The attempted (failed) building of our city showed clearly how important we are to each other, and how much we respect Mother.

So we should form a group, a large group; A city serves only to see that the laws are obeyed in that land, instead we will be the city; we need not land, nor stone; if we are bonded together...

I herebye call you all to sign your name below, It will give an idea of how many of us we are, and some rules which we expect each other to obey.

We will also need a council, if in the future we will have our physically city, they will rule.

The positions, which will be given by votes are:

High Templar: SInce we have no active temple, the job is to make others concious of Mother, and what must be done to obey her. He will also look after the needs of each of us.

High Guard: Offers training to all our brothers and sisters; each lizard should fight for each other, and the high guard will plan and lead it

Emissary: An intellegent Lizard is required, and one who should be able to talk well, and make good relations with guilds. He will ideally learn the languages of the other races, I hear there is someone who teacher elvish.

Economy: A lizard is required who will look after the coins, and items; should another of his brothers and sisters need things, he can be able to supply them. Also should take care of any taxes or anything to be paid; and should we need money to build things (in the future) he will be in charge

General : Does a little of everything, and checks that all are doing their job.

Till Now I will assume the General position, but I am ready to step down after you all get the idea.

A new parchment

General Council Member: Brother Selisidour
Economy: Mazrian
High Templar: Sshak'rashik
High Guard: Salathe Kankas
Emissary: Ectlax
-

Members: Brother Selisidour
Ectlax
Xalliar
Mazrian
Fooser
Sshak'rashik
Salathe Kankas
Silea
Alsyth
Ssraniath
Lyskath Talonbearer
Suethen
Tiki
Xzabu
--

Brother Selisidour
Son of Tanora
Last edited by Llama on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Necrontyr_arising
Location: The Last Samurai is a brilliant film...."I knew a bob once, god he was as ugly as a mule"

Post by Necrontyr_arising »

Greetings, I regard myself as an inteligent lizard. You may speak to me if you wish to know me and what I do.

Ectlax
Mazrian

Post by Mazrian »

I am with you, brother.

-Mazrian
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I'm here if you ever need anything.

F
Belgram
Location: If I were a guy i'd be gay for Jake (and Jeremy Sumpter)

Post by Belgram »

The following writting is written in lizard and scratched onto the parchment

Brothers, as I recently ventured to this island I feel it my duty to both tell you my time is short and I will do whatever possible to make the lizard thrive as it did many many years ago on this island. Maybe we should start with seeking out our ruines of the acient temples, those of which have been destroyed by human settlers?

I will try to help, yet enlightenment is the one thing I seek here.

Sshak'rashik
Llama

Post by Llama »

I was very surprised my brothers and sisters

We had a temple? Destroyed by the humans? I will ask Brother Markous for more information, for he knows a lot about the history of this isle.

As for the members of the council, in order to finalise anything; we must have a proper meeting. Otherwise, if nobody has anything against placing Xalliar as High Guard; we can place him there with ease.

As for our ambassidor, I will talk to Ectlax and see what he is capable of.

Does anyone else with to apply for a space in the council? Mazrian, you stated that you were a farmer, why not take care of our economy?

Brother Selisidour
Servant of Zelphia
Belgram

Post by Belgram »

The island of which I now stand was once native to lizards, our ruins lay everywhere, young one. Maybe I can take a diversion of my quest to help my fellow siblings of Zephia.

Sign me up.

Sshak'rashik
Mazrian

Post by Mazrian »

If i can help my brothers by being the counciler in charge of our economy, then so be it, i shall apply for the space.

-Mazrian
Belgram

Post by Belgram »

After seeing our ruins with my own eyes I must urge members to join and venture to the sinking city, maybe we can still call it home if it stays intact.

Sshak'rashik
Dain Ironfoot

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

A lizard comes ashore and goes to the parchment he has heard about

I Ssraniath Will join this, As I to wish to seek our long lost homeplaces.

--
Ssraniath
Alsyth Astha

Post by Alsyth Astha »

This place is of the most holiest that it had saved me from the hand of Ronagan the instant I set foot into it. I shall be forever saved thanks to this place. I ow my life to it!

Alsyth
Llama

Post by Llama »

So, my brothers and sisters; has it been decided that this is the path that we shall take? Shall we try to repair it? Perhaps conserve it as it is?

It seems a nice place if there is adequete acess, it is close to the shrine of Zelphia; and close to Zelphia's earthly form.
((Any volunteers to speak to GMS?))

Please agree or disagree below

Brother Selisidour

There is a new parchement stuck to it

AGREE: IIIIII
DISAGREE:
Last edited by Llama on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dain Ironfoot

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

I also agree

--
Ssraniath
Alsyth Astha

Post by Alsyth Astha »

I agree

Alsyth
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

A note is written on a parchment, some claw marks can be seen. It is written in Lizard.

I Lyskath wish to join this.
`Lyskath Talonbearer

.., ,..
.. . ..
.., ,..
.. . ..
Siliea Drax

Post by Siliea Drax »

i agree with the others

a name is penned roughly under the note
Siliea
Belgram

Post by Belgram »

I am agreed also, we need to arrange the time of which we shall meet so the best outcome is possible. I shall rest before hand.

Sshak'rashik
Llama

Post by Llama »

Brothers and Sisters

Our vision is at hand, we shall claim the land as our own; as we will the shrine of 'Sirani' which we will return to its former splendor as the shrine of 'Zelphia' as it should be.

Varshikar has already sent a letter of encouragment, and we are on friendly terms with them.

Now, before we take over the land as ours, I ask one of you to try to work out if it can be conserved, and rebuilt; ((someone PM a GM; Papoitsi seems to be taking care of it)).

I also require the High Templar to set down the laws which will have to be obeyed for visitors to the sacred grounds. The council, will also have to decide what laws are to take place upon the land which we have reclaimed.

Brother Selisidour
General COunciller of Zzyathis
Son and Servant of Zelphia
Belgram

Post by Belgram »

I set upon the following laws for our holys grounds

• -No weapons should be drawn on the holy soil unless it is truely needed. If this law is broken the law breaker shall have to pay a fine for the miss deed and ask for forgiveness from mother, as it shall be her land. The fine will be used to improve our city and economy

-No living thing shall be killed unless in posses a threat to the lives of others. If this rule is broken said person will be banned for life from the holy grounds for tainting it and shall be forcefully removed if needed.

-The holy grounds must be help with the most respect imaginable therefor no litter shall be dropped or the water tainted with waste products. If one feels the need to break this law they will clean the land. If this is broken more than 3 times said person will be banned from the lands untill the council says otherwise.

-Guests to the land must be respectful to mother and not under any circumstances insult mother. If the person feels it needed to insult mother on our holy grounds they shall be dealt with harshly and judged by the council to decide their fate

-During a ceremony guests must be sat quiet and still so the priest may speak in peace. If a person finds they must speak over or even whisper when not needed they shall be removed untill the ceremony is over. If they refuse to leave force may be used against them, if they react with hostility then they will be cut down.

-The lands are for the worship of Zelphia only and no man nor lizard should worship any other deity on the lands. Said person can be removed if they feel the need to worship another god. This of course is not to put down other gods as most hold importance to the land.

-If the holy grounds are tainted they shall be put into restriction untill made pure once more. This law's only punishment is removal although if one persists to enter force may be used or a ban put into place.

-The holy council reserves the right to change any law or put any law into place as it feels fit and shall not be argued.
These are the most important in my eyes, although I may have missed some vital points so please do aware me of them if mistakes are made

Sshak'rashik
Llama

Post by Llama »

Those laws are fitting for our holy grounds, they shall be used, once we make it public....

Brother Selisidour
Sylathen

Post by Sylathen »

The writting is written in elegant looking lizard marks.
Greetings,

Siliea asked I help, and so here I am. I, like my brother Sylathen, am a Templar, I shall help however I can. Since he seems to have died.

Suethen
Templar of Mother
Llama

Post by Llama »

Be greeted Child of Zelphia

Your brother was one of the greatest lizards ever to have set foot upon this land.

Since you are a templar, I place you in the care of our High Templar.

The shrine in the "Hug of Sirani" to the east is Mother's once more, and laws have been set to those who wish to pray there.

Brother Selisidour
Son and Servant of Mother
General Counciller of Zzyathis
Llama

Post by Llama »

We herebye declare the ruins to be our home.

Today the 8th of Elos will be declared a holyday; as the founding of the city of Zzyathis. Not as grand as we wished it, but it will do for now.

Soon I will hold a small feast, and we can all celebrate.

Brother Selisidour
Belgram

Post by Belgram »

A holiday sounds fitting. Are the ruins now accessable?
The note is unsigned and appears to be written in a hurry
Necrontyr_arising
Location: The Last Samurai is a brilliant film...."I knew a bob once, god he was as ugly as a mule"

Post by Necrontyr_arising »

This is indeed a great time for us lizard-folk. Now we have a place to finally call our own with security from outsiders, but not cut-off from other people. This is truely a joyous event.

Ectlax
Llama

Post by Llama »

I know not about the acessability of the ruins, but I shall check whenever I have the time

Also, since there are many topics to be talked about; I have scratched a square upon one of the walls of the ruins. Any messages you'd like to leave are best put there.

((http://zzyathis.14.forumer.com/ Just in case we'll need it))

Brother Selisidour
Illariongamer

Post by Illariongamer »

Im am a new lizard to the world. Name = Tiki, goal = learn magic ( be magician)
Llama

Post by Llama »

When you say you are a new lizard; does it mean you have only recently been born, or are new to the land?

Either way I must oppose the strange styling of your writing; ((IC PLEASE)) still, welcome to this group, feel free to visit the ruins, and read the walls; and good luck with your task.

Ectlax is also training to become a mage, in case you need to swap notes or anything.

Brother Selisidour
Klunk

Post by Klunk »

i will join

~Xzabu~
Klunk

Post by Klunk »

i am new to the land, and just started

~Xzabu~