Lizards of The Land

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Post by Llama »

this text is written in lizard, it is smooth writing style, yet written deeply and with determination
Brothers, Sisters; Mother's Blessings be upon you

I am Szrenszor, and my grandfather was one of the first lizarfolk to step upon the lands of Gobaith; however he had returned to the waters, telling me great stories about the beauty of this land.

Once I stepped out of the water, eager to view these amazing things with my own eyes; I realised that Gobaith is sick. There is a plague, these "landlings" as my brothers call them. They have no right to be in our land, they have no right to use our resources either. They are like open wounds, which; if not properly closed, will bleed the land dry.

Reading old documents which my grandfather brought a copy of, the landlings came to this land escaping from a war; a war which they obviously started themselves... now there is another war about to take place, between the short and disgusting; and the cultist they call Rothman; this will damage our land again...

I speak of our land... Gobaith was ours, all of it... now our land is only obtained by the hard work of that whom we call "The red one"; and our own brothers and sisters... Do we NEED to work to get back what is ours? Moreover, I think we shouldn't refer to the landfolk as that, for that gives the impression that they actually OWN the land; we should instead call them Tlasses, "Trespassers".

We should ignore these landling's traditions, ignore these landling's designs...we are lizardfolk, and we are pure and godess-blessed. We need not their long metal which they call 'swords'; Mother gave us swords at the end of our fingers. We have no need for their metal around our bodies, mother's metal is hard enough; although it deserves to be protected.

I wish to give thanks to 'the red one'; for he will stop landlings crossing over the lands which they respect, however I do not wish for REAL alliances to take place... let them beleive we're friendly, let them beleive that we wish them good. Once our armies are strong enough, we shall crush the fools... and take back that which is ours by right... till then though, it is best that we act friendly.

I will remain in the shadows for now, ((till client works)); but do not think that I shall allow mercy to those who trespass on Gobaith, OUR land by right... Let them go back to where they came from.

with Mother's help... LET US HEAL GOBAITH'S WOUNDS

Szrenszor
The Lizard of the Shadows

this part is written in a calmer handwriting

At the depths of the seas
Which Mother has blessed
There lie the shadows
Which conceal what she wills
Where the ones who protect
The life that she gave
And fight from the darkness
Yet not on its side
To bring down the ones
That defy Mother's will

Like a great tidal wave
Which Mother has willed
Over the planes
Over the moutains
Over the hills
Over the meadows
That be the force
Of the Lizard of the Shadows...
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

True words you speak, and I myself have the same goal. I will pass over the official note from our great king of our capital to you, since I see my work here can not be fulfilled. I will break out of jail, yes, I was jailed for telling people that I had official orders to wage war and take over what is rightfully ours if anyone of our kin was harmed. None was, but me, a General of the army, was taken prisoner and now he has started the war. I will hand over a list of what we need, and I will retreat back to our king to tell him myself what is happening. My army will stand put out of shore and will await my orders. When you think us ready, send me the order and I shall send the final words that will start the invasion.

General Teragriff, Commander of the lizardous army of the Depths
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Bretheren,

The land was indeed ours once. But times have changed. We are few, my bretheren, but we are also strong. We have proven our strength; because of our power, we have removed our new frontier from the mainland. We all can agree that we are far from strong enough to retake that which should be called ours, which should be lizard land. And therefore, bretheren, we must change our strategy. Soon, every landling will know where they may not pass, where they will not pass if they wish to live. They have taken too much from us, I agree, but I was not there when it happened. I was not there, bretheren. And so I ask you, what is the point of owning an entire isle when it is bound to be taken from you? Why not build where only lizards may travel, where the landlings are not only tresspassing but unable to enter entirely? In the seas! If we build in the ocean, the landlings will have no reason to invade, no reason to destroy, to kill. And therefore, my bretheren, we shall have what we want without the fear of landling invasion.

If a landling is too stupid to be able to recognize not only a physical boundary - a river, but also signs and totems explaining their fault in tresspassing into our lands, then we will be doing their kind a favor in ending their lives. We have taken lands that no others have claimed, and we have worked so hard to make a "wall of water" as lady Shirun called it, so that no one will have the ability to argue where our land is and where it is not. We have set our boundaries and soon we shall post them with written laws of our land for all landlings to read, to follow, to obey under penalty of death. We will have no need for a prison in our lands; the bodies of those who tresspass will simply be set down by the totems which mark the entrance to our land. If any landling has a problem with our territory, they have a problem with our race.

We must be strong, my bretheren, and even though some of us are not fighters and paladins (myself included), we must show our power if we are to be respected. As lady Shirun explores the ruins of the ancient lizard capital of these lands, we must gain the respect of the landlings so that we must experience as little bloodshed as possible. Many of you see the landlings as a curse, a sickness. But in my many years of living amongst them, I've found that some of them are quite like us. Indeed, many of these land-creatures are unable to be trusted, but the few that are trustable may yet have a chance to become our allies. They may not be able to enter our lands, but we shall still respect them. We are not here to start a war, General Teragriff, and therefore I tell you that your army is of no use to our cause on this day. But if war and hardship is brought to our borders, you will be contacted. Truthfully, I would like to speak with you in person before anyone is to deal with this army of yours.

Our future lies within the seas, bretheren; Gobiath is beyond repair. For now. On this day, we shall continue to band together. On this day, we shall continue to work with all our might. On this day, we are few but we are mighty. And someday, we will not be few anymore. But until then, we have much hard work to do. Szrenszor, I thank you for your words, but I am not alone in this. Alone, I am a simple lizard. I am simply the one who has the best relations with the landlings and the will to meet and deal with this 'sickness' personally. Without those who have helped us thus far, we are nothing. We are all lizards, and we are all brothers. None better or worse than the next.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Llama

Post by Llama »

The tresspassers took Gobaith when they fled from a war... its stolen territory. The sea was alsways ours; to share with the other creatures Mother blessed.

I do not agree with an all-out assault General; we are strong enough, possibly; but I do not think we should waste the lives of those blessed by our Mother... instead we bend the landlings, they will kill themselves instead.

Gobaith is ours by right, the landlings confine us to the sea, and they damage our temples. Do you think the ruins were built as ruins? Do you think that a lizard called the temple of Mother to the east, the hug of SIRANI? They even stole our works as their own.

We strike from the shadows, we kill them all.

Szrenszor
~The Lizard of the Shadows~
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

All-out assault you say? I do not intend to send one either. I have warbeasts ready that will feast on everything not scaly. My orders are from the king, if you don't follow them as I do, you are traitors of the lizard people. I cannot do anything but follow, my life is for the lizard people and the army that protects it. If you say 'Why then are you ordering us to send the final word?" or something similar, then I can tell you, I have new orders. I am not to stay on the isle, I've been called elsewhere to lead our other armies in combat. Think of this well, bretheren, for I shall hunt the one who turn traitorous.

General Teragriff, Commander of the Lizardous army of the Depths
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Please, General, let us all meet with you in person when you return. All of us would love to speak with you personally so that we will be granted more opportunity to understand each other better. Name a date in the distant future and we shall each try to attend.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

brothers...I make my return on this day and it seems much has happened, perhaps I can meet with one of you and I can learn more of the events that have taken place in my absence?

-Taliss Kazzxs
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

This morrow I have seen something. Something that I must look further into.

For a while, I may be gone, bretheren. I have much to do and I shan't return for quite some time. I urge you to hold another meeting among yourselves and continue to plan and build. We shan't let ourselves fall into innactivity.

During my quest, I shall be thinking of you all and hoping for your success. When I am to return, I hope see great things.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
swish1

Post by swish1 »

*written in lizard

Dear Bretherens,
I have quite a few things to share with you.

First, If our general is still in jail tell me the name of the guard and in a few days you will only see his rotten dead body. I have to get him out.

Second, I agree we bend the landlings. They should surrender to us. But one thing. How about we build the landlings a town and then crush them and put them in a town. That town shall be not be in Gobiath somewhere in the ocean or Tol Vanima. Let the landlings live there Bretherens. We shall take all of Gobiath. We will split it the land. However, we take some of the landlings and make them slaves. Slaves of the lizards. So again to rephrase.

We tell the landlings to go to Tol Vanima and leave us. They will rebel I am sure. We show them some of our power. They will flee very scared. We open up a portal and send them to Tol Vanima. But the weak and rich we use as our servants. I am sorry we use them as slaves. But the other races maybe we let a few of the other ones stay with us. But I call now that dwarves,orcs and landlings leave. But what about the others?

I hope you like my ideas.

But for this to work we must train a lot. With the help of Mother I doubt that will be hard.

PS Sorry I was not able to help before soon I shall help a lot

-Ssafar Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Captain of Green Briar Miltia
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

I've recieved news from Gobiath from a messenger that have read your boards. I am not in jail, no. I'm fighting a winning battle far far away, and I shan't come back until orders to, therefor I cannot attend myself to whatever meeting you could make. If you wish badly for my words, I might send an emmisary.

If you wish for resources I shall send you that. I can send you no coins, for whatever spoils of war I get over here is sent directly to the king himself.

I will give you a year to do your best against the landlings, if you've not destroyed them by then, I shall have my warbeasts released and the first legions of my army deployed above sea.

Ssafar Zakarrr, it is good to see that you think of me, but the guard that held me is allready dead, and if the Governor says that I am still in jail, he is lying.

I shall send out some soldiers if you wish training, and a Templarer if you wish for advanced swordsmanship, tactics and the best use of your claws.

I shall continue having messengers checking in on this board, and I shall respond when the messagers arrive to me.

General Teragriff, Commander of the lizardous army of the Depths
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Thank You very much. But I shall train to the maximum and be the best. I did promise my father not to reveal this. But since your my bretherens. My father was a Field Marshall of the huge under-water Town. He was a strong fighter. Unfortunately, my city was destroyed. My father told me,"You must have friends for who you are not for who I am" But now I have plenty of friends. I trust that my bretherens, all of you, will keep this is a secret. My father was a Field Marshall and I want to be something far more powerful. So, I shall train my hardest. I am already a captain but I want to do something for Mother. I am sure my parents would be proud if they were living here. But I look up to you General. One day I want to be like you.

Until then,
-Ssafarr Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
U/\/known

Post by U/\/known »

A black lizard comes to the board, and writes a full message in lizard

Greetings and Salutations, brothers and sisters.

I am Ssclaw'renßurs, Follower of Mother. I just came from the northern seas. Things are going well under water may I add. I'd like to join you, my brothers, my sisters, and help you in reclaiming the land.

Ssclaw'renßurs
~The Clawist~
..........|..........
......../||\........
.....///|||\\\.....
Last edited by U/\/known on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Its wonderful to have you join us brother but you should know very few if not only two members of our group have hopes of conquering the isle, where as the rest of us are wanting to build in our own lands and perhaps come to an understanding with the landlings.

Welcome to Zzyathis!

-Taliss
swish1

Post by swish1 »

*reads Taliss's post
Taliss Have not ever been critized by the landlings. Tell me. How much times have they insulted us, taken our land. Land that was once ours. Taliss please rethink my friend. Rethink.
*the message is not written angrily from here
One more thing to all bretherens. There is a huge tragedy going in Green Briar. The mayor Dusty has helped us by having funds and all. Should we stay neutral or perhaps help them? Or if we can get the evil in Green Briar to turn our side we may have just already have Gobiath. You should see the disaster the evil did to Green Briar. They could crush the landlngs like they were useless pigs. So I want opinions of all bretherens.

Signed,
Ssafarr Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
U/\/known

Post by U/\/known »

I shall make the vote....

VOTE

(1)Should we help Greenbriar in their time of great need, or shall we (2)let them be crushed and see if the evil shall join us?

(1)Help Greenbriar in their time of great need, Votes:
|

Voted by: The Clawist,

(2)Let them be crushed and see if the evil shall join us, Votes:
|

Voted by: Ssafarr Zakarrr,

(3) We do nothing, Votes:
|

Voted by: LOTS,

Ssclaw'renßurs
~The Clawist~
..........|..........
......../||\........
.....///|||\\\.....
Last edited by U/\/known on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Bretheren new idea has struck my head. We help Green Briar. The evil shall complain but then we tell them our plan and then will make a deal with them. If they help us crush the landlings we shall give them a little of Gobiath. If we help.. The foolish landlings will think we are nice and so will Green Briar. Let them think we are nice but when the time is right we shall reveal our true form. But Bretherens only humans should be chased away. The other races we will let them be. Dusty is my friend and I would not let any thing happen to him. Humans were the ones that took Gobiath. They were the ones that splitted the land. "This property is mine that is yours..... The other races just live and do their job but humans. They are they are the one that cause everything. So who agrees with me?

PS The other races who live shall not be harmed for any reason and a new rule shall be spread across Gobiath. We lizards own the land they may use the land but no owning shall be done. No fights no wars shall happen.

-Ssafarr Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

...your an idiot.
Llama

Post by Llama »

The landlings beleive they are strong.. let them learn the hard way.

We stay out of this whole thing, our lives are too precious to be wasted on two legged trespassers. The undead will massacre the halflings, the rest of the trespassers will rise to arms against the undead; many will die. Less for us to have to despose of.

Let Greenbriar fall.

~LOTS~
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

The red lizard comes to the walls on which these boards are written. After days of solitude, he finds it rather hard to keep concentration on the writings through all the commotion of the nearby townsfolk. After reading the words of his bretheren, he begins to write something himself. Below is his reply:

I return to town briefly to check on how things are going. My return is far from permanent; I shall be leaving you once again very soon, bretheren.

If any of the landlings are to be considered our friends and allies, it is those of Greenbriar. Below is a translated draft of a treaty that Master Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar, has sent me to examine. I agree with it mostly, but some sections simply must be editted (see section 2.1) to keep our lands available for lizardmen only. I would like each of you to look over it and share your own personal thoughts.
Hamlet of Greenbriar wrote:Treaty of Peace and Non-Aggression

This Treaty is made by and between the Nations “Hamlet of Greenbriar” composed of it’s citizenry, represented by Mayor Dusty Bottoms and “Zzyathis” composed of it’s citizenry, represented by Councilman Sses’sth.

1) We hereby and affirm mutual recognition of each nation aforementioned, with all inalienable rights due a national entity.

1.1) These rights include self-determination, recognition of borders, recognition of citizenship of their members, diplomatic immunity for representatives, right to defend it’s borders and citizens, ability to act on behalf of it’s citizenry, right to declare war or peace with other national ‘entities’, and other rights due a Nation.

2) Both aforementioned Nations hereby and affirm that a condition of peace exists between them, with all the benefits to each other that that peace provides.

2.1) These benefits include the right to free trade, right of passage for authorized persons, right of protection from either Nation while within either borders, and freedom from persecution, and other respectable and reasonable right agreed upon by the Nations.

3) Both aforementioned Nations hereby and affirm that a condition of Mutual Non-Aggression exists between them, with all the constraints and benefits that condition provides.

3.1) “Hamlet of Greenbriar” hereby affirms that it holds, nor will hold no claim nor animosity toward “Zzyathis” and hereby promises never to declare war, incite conflict or instill civil strife, or any other malignant action with the Nation of “Zzyathis”.

3.2) “Zzyathis” hereby affirms that it holds, nor will hold no claim nor animosity toward “Hamlet of Greenbriar” and hereby promises never to declare war, incite conflict or instill civil strife, or any other malignant action with the Nation of “Hamlet of Greenbriar”.

3.3) The benefits of Non-Aggression are self-evident, and maintain a permanent condition of Peace between both aforementioned nations.

4) This treaty is in force by the representative governments of both aforementioned Nations, their successors and assigns, for as long as both governments adhere to it.

4.1) Cancellation of this treaty can not be done by individuals or groups representing, themselves, either Nation or other Nations, but only by an act performed by the representative government of the aforementioned Nations. Any individuals or groups trying to put this treaty asunder shall be disciplined by either or both governments.

In this we promise,

Representing “Hamlet of Greenbriar” ~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~

Representing “Zzyathis” ~ There is an open space here for someone to sign.
Greenbriar is the only city which has both responded to my request for a meeting and actually met with me to speak over our new lands, boundaries, and rules. For the most part, Master Bottoms was very willing to make said agreement, and he had very few objections to our rules; more simple questions of clarity than anything else. The halflings have proven to be a wise race among the landlings, for they have actually looked at us with serious eyes. The dwarves have simply ignored my request and I have yet to meet with the elves of Vanima and Fooser of Trollsbane. I would like to know how the meeting with the lords of Varshikar went, if it has occurred yet.

Ssafar, your love for our race is admirable, but I am afraid that it is also shrouded in a shadow of greed. To take the entire isle of Gobiath for the few lizardmen that yet remain would be a waste, even though these lands were once completely ours. Above all else, we must focus on the city of Zzyathis. If we are in need of more area to build, to live, we should do it under the seas where the thieving landlings will have no way to take more of what is ours. Perhaps in time we will build our cities around the isle, outlining it so that no ship may come into harbor. The landlings will have little reason to stay and they will leave us at last, if this is to happen. I, like you all, have been insulted; I, like you all, have seen the hate, seen the treachery against us. It is for that reason that I have abandoned hope of reclaiming our now tained lands for the time being. Until we have a bountiful amount of strength in which to tap into, we have no chance at taking and holding what is rightfully ours. Perhaps one day, bretheren. But not today.

As for the madness of Greenbriar, we have yet to sign a treaty with them, and even if we do, it will not be one that forces us to aid them. If you wish to help the halflings of the Briar, so be it; I have no business against such. If anything, it would help raise our reputation which has been tainted too much by lies and uncertain accusations.

Soon, bretheren, we must have another meeting. I hope I will be available to attend such a meeting. Time will tell, I suppose. But for now, I return to the solitudes of the forest and my silent quest.
/|\Sess'sth\|/
-The Red One-
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:...your an idiot.
My friend I called you.
Sess'th wrote:Will be wrong to take all of Gobiath for a few lizards...
Again please read Sess'th. There are over 9 races. I suggested we wipe out only one race Humans. Humans cause all the problems. But it is not for a few lizards. After we take Gobiath all the other 8 races will be happy.
Today rages a war between Humans and Dwarves. Tommorow.....
the humans could have wars with us, halflings, elves...
Ghorn does not call war on himself. Stephen has done something. Please rethink? I still have friends like Dusty, elf friends, ....

Please reconsider.

-Ssafarr Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
Llama

Post by Llama »

I have read the declaration of Greenbriar... it seems to be well planned and acceptable for the time being anyway. However, I do not wish having halflings running around my feet, this is OUR city, and no-one has any right to tresspass. See what happened to Gobaith, the land-folk abuse of the permission.

Master Bottoms seems to be trustworthy enough though.

Ssafar, you seem to have strange ideas... why should we die to rid Gobaith of just one race, so the other races can abuse of us? If you have friends from other races, thats your problem, not ours.

Plus, I thought that furthur up it was agreed that there will be no dual citizenship, why are you the militia captian of the halflings? Are you ready to give up your life for somethign so worthless?

~~~LOTS~~~
Zharukkal

Post by Zharukkal »

Having read the Declaration, the only problem I see is in the section that Sess'sth mentioned. Landlings will not enter our land with impunity and trespassers will be dealt with harshly.

~~Zharukkal
Zharukkal

Post by Zharukkal »

The words below are clumsily written on a scrap of blue shirt

Brethren,
The time has come for another meeting of our kind. The meeting place will be the temple at ((7pm (GMT) on the 28th of July)).
I apologise for the short notice.
swish1

Post by swish1 »

*Ssafar Returns and looks at the board

Zharrukal I went to the forest to hunt. I am sorry I was not able to come.
Ssafar, you seem to have strange ideas... why should we die to rid Gobaith of just one race, so the other races can abuse of us? If you have friends from other races, thats your problem, not ours
You are all my friends my Bretheren. But we are very few. We rarely meet together. That is why I have other friends. Not lots just Dusty Bottoms. I am a Captain and Deputy to feed me Bretheren. All my loyalty is to mother. If our city is completely built. If needed I would resign. But yes I think it would be foolish to chase the landlings. What no dual-citizenship? That is not fair Bretheren. We do not even have a city and yet you talk about citizenship. Well, let us talk about that once we a big city is built. Please consider having Dual-Citizenship. Please?

-Ssafar Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
Captain of Green Briar
Llama

Post by Llama »

Loyalty to mother who created you, gave you weapons and fed you from the beginning of your life, or loyalty to a bunch of landlings who stole and live on your land.

I do not agree with dual citizenship

~LOTS~
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

((I assume that this message is forwarded somehow to the one it is adressed to, as the location of this parchment is listed nowhere))

To
Sess'sth, Lizard of Zzyathis

Irmoroms Blessings,

I am Thurbert, the Diplomat of the City of Silverbrand
and respond to you due to lack of time of our noble King.

I apologize humbly for the long delay and declare in the name of
Silverbrand and King Ghorn that the dwarves are interrested in hearing
your proposals. Regarding the exact date of the meeting we will have
another talk ((pm)), regarding the place I suggest the entrance of
Silverbrand, if for any reason the talk will take longer, there will surely be
the possibility to retreat inside the walls to a more convenient location.

Until you send a message for clarification I remain,

Thurbert
Diplomat of Silverbrand,
Member of the Clan of the Axe
U/\/known

Post by U/\/known »

Brothers and Sisters,
I am at our temple in the eastern parts of the lands, if any of you wish to speak with me, come and see me there.

Ssclaw'renßurs
~The Clawist~
..........|..........
......../||\........
.....///|||\\\.....
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Okay, I shall quit my job right after we build the city. There is no need. If my bretherens feel that way...No I shall prove that my loyalty to mother is far greater. But please Bretheren, let me work as Captain and Deputy for now but after the city is built. My loyalty is at your service.

I hope you understand.

-Ssafar Zakarrr
Junior Carpenter
Follower of Mother
Deputy of Green Briar
harky

Post by harky »

greetings, brothers! i am new to these lands. Some of you may already know me, however i ask if any lizard can train me in the art of magic, or knows someone who can. And i hope its ok with you, Zharrakul, that i can pursue this path, and continue my training as a temple guard.
Last edited by harky on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Brethren,
The time has come for another meeting of our kind. The meeting place will be the temple at ((8pm (GMT) on the 2nd of Aug)).
I apologise for the short notice.