Duelling Tournament! / Duell-Turnier!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Moirear Sian

Duelling Tournament! / Duell-Turnier!

Post by Moirear Sian »

People of the island named Gobaith,

I announce hereby to be holding a tournament humbly titled as
  • . : The Lord of the Duelists : .
In a series of duels of fighters, 1 versus 1,
the greatest duelist of the island shall be determined.

It will consist of tourneys of honor, reputation, and of course, prizes!
Along with the tournament will come festivities, however, the duration and magnitude of the event depends severely on the participance of you.

The tournament shall be held on the sunrise of the 21st of Elos ((20:00GMT // June 24th 2005)), coming spring, as such you shall have nearly three months of time to train for the competition and equip yourselves properly.

The tournament will consist of three different tiers:
  • 1 > Swordplay — in this tier you shall fight only in leather armor and be equipped with a sword
    2 > Staves — in this tier you shall fight only in leather armor and be equipped with a wooden staff
    3 > Free for All — in this tier you shall be allowed to use any weapon or armor of your own choice and whatever is at your disposal
The rules of the tournament shall be:
  • ▼ No political promotion - those who advertise their political affiliations in the tournament will be disqualified
    ▼ No delaying - those who delay their tournament duels unnecessarily shall be disqualified
    ▼ No murder or killing - the duels are of friendly nature, and those who slay their opponents shall be disqualified
    ▼ No crippling and maiming - the duels are in the spirit of sportsmanship; we are not wild barbarians
    ▼ Use of magic is prohibited - those caught duelling with the aid of magic will be disqualified
I speak to you, brave warriors, seasoned fighters, and any sportswoman or sportsman of the martial arts
who is eager to partake in a fair competition to find out who of you all is the most grandiose duelist.

Please leave your messages below, if you are interested in participating, helping, or simply spectating in the tournament, so I can undergo the procedures of planning to accomodate to everybody attending to the event. I will also need a share set of attending volunteer helpers to assist in organizing the event, accomodating spectators, and such who can safeguard the prize money.

For those who are interested in partaking, please also detail which of the three tiers you are interested in participating in, and remember—you may participate in all tiers of the tournament, not just one. Keep in mind, you are not yet signing up for the actual tournament, only voicing your interest so I may plan accordingly. I will inquire again which tiers you wish to participate in, and only then will your decisions be final.

There will be an entry fee and a charter of the duels, which I shall determine once the exact details are defined. Please keep returning to this parchment for further information, as I shall be continuously modifying its contents.

Many thanks for your attention, and may you go with the blessings of the Gods.
        • Sian
---

Volk der Insel namens Gobaith,

Ich kündige hiermit an, ein Turnier abzuhalten, bescheiden bezeichnet als
  • . : The Lord of the Duelists : .
In einer Serie von Duellen der Kämpfer, 1 gegen 1,
soll der großartigste Duelist der Insel ermittelt werden.

Es besteht aus wetteifern um Ehre, Ruhm, und selbstverständlich, Preise!
Zusammen mit dem Turnier werden auch Festlichkeiten abgehalten, die Länge und Ausmaß hängen jedoch schwerwiegend von Eurem Teilnehmen ab.

Das Turnier soll am Sonnenaufgang des 21. Elos beginnen ((20:00GMT // 24. Juni 2005)), kommender Frühling, somit werdet Ihr beinahe drei Monate Zeit haben, um Euch auf den Wettkampf vorzubereiten und Euch angemessen auszustatten.

Das Turnier soll aus drei verschiedenen Rängen bestehen:
  • 1 > Schwertkunst — in diesem Rang kämpft Ihr nur mit einer Lederrüstung und einem Schwert
    2 > Stäbe — in diesem Rang kämpft Ihr nur mit Lederrüstung und einem Holzstab
    3 > Free for All — in diesem Rang dürft Ihr Eure Waffen und Panzerung selbst bestimmen, je nach Geschmack und Verfügbarkeit
Die Regeln des Turniers werden folgendermaßen stehen:
  • ▼ Keine politischen Förderungen - diejenigen, die für ihre politischen Zugehörigkeit im Turnier werben, werden disqualifiziert
    ▼ Kein Verzögern - diejenigen, die ihre Turnier-Duelle unnötig hinauszögern werden disqualifiziert
    ▼ Kein Mord oder Totschlag - die Duelle sind der freundlichen Natur, und alle diejenigen, die ihre Kontrahenten töten, werden disqualifiziert
    ▼ Kein Verkrüppeln oder Verstümmeln - die Duelle sind im Geiste des Sports, wir sind keine wilden Barbaren
    ▼ Benutzen der Magie ist verboten - diejenigen, die dabei ertappt werden, mit Hilfe von Magie zu kämpfen, werden disqualifiziert
Ich spreche zu Euch, mutige Krieger, erfahrene Kämpfer, und jegliche Sportsfrauen oder Sportsmänner der Kampfkünste,
die entschlossen in einem fairen Wettkampf teilnehmen und bestimmen, wer von Euch allen der großartigste Duelist ist.

Bitte hinterlasst Eure Nachrichten hierunter, falls Ihr daran interessiert seid, selbst teilzunehmen, mitzuhelfen, oder einfach auch nur dem Turnier als Zuschauer beizuwohnen, damit ich die Prozeduren der Planung durchgehen kann, um alle angemessen für die Veranstaltung unterbringen zu können. Ich werde desweiteren einen Satz von freiwilligen Helfern benötigen, um das Turnier zu organisieren, die Zuschauer zu versorgen, und auch solche, die das Preisgeld sicher verwahren können.

Für diejenigen, die an der Teilnahme interessiert sind, bitte ich Euch auch anzugeben, an welchem der drei Rängen teilzunehmen Ihr nun interessiert seid, und vergesst nicht — Ihr dürft in allen drei Rängen teilnehmen, nicht bloß ein einziges. Haltet Euch einfach im Sinn, dass Ihr Euch hiermit noch nicht für das eigentliche Turnier anmeldet, sondern nur Eure Interessen angebt, damit ich entsprechend planen kann. Ich werde noch einmal rückfragen, in welchen Klassen Ihr Euch endgültig einschreiben wollt, und nur dann werden Euren Entscheidungen hierzu verbindlich sein.

Es wird eine Teilnahmegebühr und einen Raster der Duelle geben, welcher ich festlegen werde, sobald die genauen Details definiert sind. Bitte kehrt regelmäßig zu diesem Schreiben zurück, um neue Informationen zu erhalten, denn ich werde den Inhalt laufend anpassen.

Vielen Dank für Eure Aufmerksamkeit, und möget Ihr mit den Segen der Götter gehen.
        • Sian
Last edited by Moirear Sian on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

Kamik reads the whole paper and his eyes shines for a moment.

- Another tournment!

He takes his time to analize the tiers and finally writes:

My name is Kamik Windslasher. I'd like to sign my name for the "Free for All" tier and the "Swordplay", as long as I can arrange a leather armor. Both are of my interest.

Kamik Windslasher
~
a small cut can be seen under his signature
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I wish to sign up as well. In all three categories
The-Puppeteer

Post by The-Puppeteer »

Frûm reads the reads the parchment, then scribbles some words onto a rugged peice of paper:

Me Frûm Gashûk n' me be da sigin' up for da swordplay, bud da be only if ya only can use 1 da arm on it. Da be no shelds righ'?
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

• In the Swordplay-tier, no shields shall be used. Shields may only be used in the Free for All-tier.

signed,
    Sian of Varshikar
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I will sign up for all three tiers.

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

black dagger moist in blood sticks out of the wall beside the parchment with a note on it

Unfortunately, the truely greatest bladefighter will not be able to make it to the tournament due to supernatural interference.
Turonga Mudwater

Post by Turonga Mudwater »

Me Does swords, yu give me axe an me do free fur all tu

Turonga
Bailey Thunnigan

Post by Bailey Thunnigan »

I want to sign up for the first category.

Bailey Thunnigan
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Revlen walks to the wall and views the partchment and all those signing up, he takes out his quil, then stops and replaces the quil back to his bag. He reads over the tourement once again and shakes his head and walks off.
Turonga Mudwater

Post by Turonga Mudwater »

Me does if me can, me jus rememba dat me mus go to see new cave round den.

Turonga
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

• People of the island,

perhaps I have not marked this out clearly enough, but even those who are simply interested only in watching the tournament should please notify me hither too, so I may plan appropriately for the many. You need not even sign with your own name, I simply need to know the amount of interest in such an event.

If this is the entire resonance to the tournament proposed, I'm afraid I must cancel it and hold it in private with the few people who voiced their interest, in fashion of some friendly sparring; but I might add, I'm somewhat ashamed that the people of this island do not honor friendly sportsmanship and the beginning of a new year, and I am in no place to voice demands.

Yours truly,
    Sian,
    Novice of Tanora
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Me joins fur Free fur alls tier.

Gabon Corad
Page to the Knights of Kallahorn
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

I'm interested in watching the tournament only.

Josefine von Irnaron
Knight of the Grey Rose
Lady Arynne

Post by Lady Arynne »

A responding message is in a pretty, feminine hand

I have no interest in the tournament itself, but I shall be nearby in case anyone is hurt.

Signed,
Lady Arynne Halfmoon
Third Successor to the Throne of Aldriaa Halfmoon
Apprentice Medico and Druid of the Forest
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

My friend mark me down for the first two, perhaps part of the problem is leather armor. Currently I cannot find a place to purchase such equipment.
It shall be a day for stitches,
Pendar
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

A short rather rotund halfling wearing the finest of clothes (that can fit a halfling), spots a message written upon the wall. He hastily scrawls a reply:

I shall attend, dear Sian! There's nothing quite like watching sweaty men grappling with each other while holding long pieces of steel in their palms!

Yours,

Brendan Mason of Greenbriar.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

me dis throught the old parchment looking for the tourniment paper. once he finds it he writes

Is da turnie forgoten or is it be still happenin, if is goin happen it be tommorow right?

GAbON CORAD
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

If I can come to watch, I will, but I find myself backlogged in the work that I'm doing. Perhaps you will see me, perhaps not.

Moskher of Varshikar
Berengar

Post by Berengar »

I would like to watch.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

• Indeed Gabon, this shall be taking place soon. Forgotten it is not, or at least I hope this of those who expressed their interest. In the coming days ((tomorrow)) I shall be arranging the tourney rosters and placing the latest information upon the walls, where the contestants can make their votes for tiers final.

Yours truly,
    Sian
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Gabon growls to himself holding a wound that is deep in his axe arm. Gabon writes very messy...

Me is sorrieys ter say but mes cannots make it...me was doin some last minute trainin and me get cutted bad buys trolls mace...me still slay troll me me doesnt get off wif out injury...so me is verys sorries ter say but mes will nut be commin ter dis at alls... (( sorry personal reasons that i didnt know about till about 18:30 GMT )) so me is gonna have ter wif draws.

GAbON
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Is this all still happening Sian? As I know many are interested in getting to finally test ourselves. To prove our worth.

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn