Varshikar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

The only real reason I disobeyed, normally i would have listened, was because I had already promised John my help before Quinasa decided that we couldn't fight. I don't break promises to friends, even if it means breaking a rule.

~Ules Felko
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Arist delcared we were neutral almost as soon as the decleration of war was made.

Alexandra
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Dear Citizens,

It saddens me to read the conflict going on in our own city, the conflict brought on by a war that does not involve us. On where the north stands, Varshikar will remain neutral, and despite the actions of many of it's citizens today I will fight to see that it stays as such. From the beginning we have been neutral. From the beginning it was decided and declared that for the best interest of her people Varshikar would remain neutral and allied with both of our neighbors. At no point was there any room for question where our loyalties lay, because our first loyalty is to keep ourselves safe. At no point was any violent move taken by any of her leaders to put the growing kingdom of Varshikar in war's way.

Believe me when I say that the orcs kidnapping Eliza saddens me a great deal, because I speak only truth. Eliza has been a good friend to me, as I'm sure to all of you as well. She is not only a pillar of the Trolls Bane community, she is also a pillar of trade for the towns of Greenbriar, Silverbrand, and our city. But we must stick together if we wish to thrive as a kingdom and a people! How can we do that if our people run off and defy the commands given by the very people who fight daily to make Varshikar successful?! Every day I work my fingers to the bone, I do what has to be done to get Varshikar stable and safe. Every day I go out and chop the trees needed and mine the iron needed to repair the castle. I work the fields to earn the money to pay the artisans. I know I am not the only person working, but sometimes i just feel as though I have been spit upon. I keep citizens safe, I do everything in my power to see the reconstruction going as fast as possible. I have no gold of my own, nothing is mine, everything is for the city. Today Gannon and myself went as digitaries to see if there was a way to solve the solution without fighting. It even seemed that we might have gained some ground until guards and angry townsmen stormed in and without a word swinging their weapons. As hard as some of us fight to keep peace there are those who do not think of the consequences of running headlong into a fight. I'm not saying that the BloodSkulls are right in what they're doing, that is not for me to decide. But I am appalled at all of you, citizens and Skulls alike. When Kaja was held captive and about to die at the hands of the town guard the Skulls ran in and took back what was theirs. That was frowned upon and made everyone in the town angry. But now everyone in the town is doing the same thing they got angry about. And what bothers me most is that where you saw eachother as wrong, doing what you thought was wrong for your enemies to do is right when you attempt the same strategy. I retch when I think about how much you all hate eachother but fail to see where you are alike in so many ways.

The kingdom of Varshikar will remain neutral. As to the recently banned and the events of yesterday I myself will hold council and decide what will happen. Today was a mess in every sense of the word. I will think over all of the events and come up with a solution in the best interest of the people of our great city.

Signed,
Qµinasa, Lady of Varshikar
Miraci Ruhn

Post by Miraci Ruhn »

This doesn't apply to me, I hope you realize. I'm no citizen.

~Miraci Ruhn~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Bürger von Varshikar. Vor einigen Tagen machte ich der Führung eurer Stadt ein Angebot bezüglich eines Handelsabkommens zwischen euch und der Grauen Rose.

Nun muß ich dieses Angebot gegenüber der Fürhung Varshikars leider zurückziehen, gebe es aber gern an einzelne Bürger Varshikars weiter. Wenn Interesse besteht, kontaktier Fooser, welcher den Part eurer Seite des Abkommens koordiniert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Citizens of Varshikar. Some days ago i have spoken with the leaders of your town. I maked proposals for contracts of buisness between the goverment of Varshikar and the knightship of the Grey Rose.

Now it seems i have to take back my proposals opposite your leadership.

But i want that some single citizens of your town get their chance again. Contact Fooser if you are interessted. He should to coordinate your part of the contract.

-----------
Lennier
Earl of the Grey Rose
Member of the Town Council of Troll`s Bane
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Alexandra wrote:The saftey of our people comes before theirs, I thought you would understand that Fooser, Quinasa and Arist, both stated that we are to remain neutral, and using our land as a staging ground for their attack does not make us neutral, neither does our people helping the skulls, therefore it was neccisary to ban anyone who wished otherwise.
I happen to recall another incident. This incident was just the opposite of the one seen today. Instead of Trollsbane, it was orcs gathering on Varshikar land, making deals with the horde, preparing their assault, while the people of Trollsbane waited to defend their home. Never were the orcs asked to leave as they used the land for a "staging ground". It's sad to see the orcs kidnapping Eliza, and it's almost sadder to see biased ambassadors.

-F

Post by Guest »

Aristeaus,

my name is still missing on the list even though you said you would add it.

Mary II
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Fooser, if I had been there, I would have asked them to leave.

Alexandra
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Fooser why did you not as them to leave?

~Cliu~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

But the person who ordered you to tell the Trollsbane people to leave was there with the orcs.

And I did not ask them to leave because I was better able to do some things...

The connection between them and the horde has been made. Daily raids occur in the south. And what do you people give them? "BETTER THEM THAN US!" Then when people act against the skulls you fear for your safety? The fact that you have to fear your safety at all should send off some warning signals.

-F
Lorck
Location: Walking through the north waiting for the pecice moment to strike

Post by Lorck »

Quin, your words are wise and true, speakin' for yer people.

Fooser, your words hold no weight with me, nor should it wit me bruddas. You have been in many skermishes between the skulls and Trols Bane, and each time, yer fightin fer Trols Bane.

Quin, I remain loyal to me clan and our allies, da orcs were once guards of Varshikar, I still hold dat to be true. Though you may not help us against the Town o' Trols bane, I understand and hold true to me word. Now I must be sayin' that many of yer forces including Fooser have fought with the town in many battles, I have witnessed them there myself.

I know they do not speak for the whole of varshikar and may still be in your citizens, but know that an ally that take up wit me enemy is an enemy, and being dat if I see the people who be helping the town to fight me bruddas and meslef...I will be forced to fight dem...even if they are in your bourders...or in any. I hope yer understand.

Lorck Elder and healer of the bloodskull clan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Speak for whose people? We got the same speech yesterday, but what she failed to notice is that five out of the eleven people there at the time were from Varshikar. Which makes me wonder if she even knows what her own people LOOK LIKE, nonetheless speak for anyone. There is no more kingdom of Varshikar, it is merely a family gathering.

-F
Lorck
Location: Walking through the north waiting for the pecice moment to strike

Post by Lorck »

If you think you can do better Fooser, I dare ya to try to take leadership. You will face Arist and Athian casue im sure they wont stand fer yer pettey attemt, you would also be facin many wepons of the skulls. So if ya think yer can do better....be me guest.

So stop yer griping about Quin. She is Wiser and stronger than ye are ya dumb scaley. If you keep up yer support with town, Fooser, I will do my best to get yer out of the land I protect.

Lorck elder and healer of the bloodskull clan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I'm not here for anyones job, faithless and ignorant.
veralion

Post by veralion »

All dose in Varshikar who fights Skulls will be hunted. Best dey not leaves dey 'neutral' lands.
-Chief
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

I fear for the saftey of my son lizard.

Alexandra
Willem Time
Location: Livin' it up at the Hotel California. Heaven or Hell.. You decide.

Post by Willem Time »

While I do apologize for the rash move I made yesterday I don't personaly think that we should remain nuetral. You all can go on how "I'm not truly loyal to my city if i endanger them" I understand you all fear for your saftey, I fear for my freinds safty as well. But what some poeple refuse to see is: What happens after this war? What if the Bloodskulls get the ransom but there is lots of fighting and they demand repayment? With all that Money they could Gain power. What happens if they decide that Orcs should rule the Island? We know the power of the Bloodskulls and with money they couldovertake us all. Rather then let that happen we should elimante this before it gets a chance to bite us all in the ass. While this attack maynot happen soon there is a good chance this could happen.

Also, by not helping we could create tension with Trollsbane. So god forbid the above happens atleast we have an Ally.

I apologize more so for the fact that I endagered the citizens then that I attacked. I'll fight for what I believe. And I believed that I was fighting for Illarion instead of thinking i was fighting for Trollsbane. I only joined Varshikar because i knew poeple in it, In fact the only poeple i remember from before i left the Island to help in my home country Is Fooser, Brendan Mason and some others. Infact i think the first person i met on the Island was Athian.. But then again i may be wrong.

I have no aurgements that you banned me, I went against what my city said and i should have been punished. But I fought for what i believed in which is what everyone should do

Willem Time
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Citizens,

I know that you have done as you saw fit, and just as you were doing so, I was doing the same thing. I have no fear for my life, but for the lives of the innocents who do not or can not swing a sword to save their own. The child Adrian has just come into this world. What horrors there are I would like to help spare him from them. Children and farmers, tailors and glassblowers, these are the people I'm trying to save.

Things are being talked about, the reason we stay neutral is because that is what we were and important decisions that need discussing can not be made in an instant. Know that things are being worked out and that all of your best interests are first and formost in my thoughts.

Signed,
Miraci Ruhn

Post by Miraci Ruhn »

And just to make sure Skulls know, I did not fight. I wouldn't harm any of them, but I went as a healer. Healer doesn't mean just my own side. Tales written in books tell of how a medicine man not only strives to keep his men alive, but also the captured enemies. I did, however, assist Troll's Bane, so you might consider it fighting... your decision, however.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

Is Varshikar still neutral if the orcs kidnap one of the ambassadors?

~Alaine Milan~
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Status of the land Neutral

People of the land, i know your distress, be it friends within bloodskulls or friends within the lands of trollsbane you wish to aid them, and you can..
But not in the way of war. As a neutral land, all shall be welcome within its borders, be it orc or man..
All within the lands shall come under the pact of Neutrality and shall have the protection of the land, anyone attacked within these lands for any reason not discussed with its rulers shall bring forth action against the offending party.

All citizens of the land, if you wish to protect those dear, bring them within our borders and they shall be safe. Aid them in this manner, do not find excuses to wage war.

To those whom have acted out of place, but wish to return within our borders send a dove to myself or the lady Quinasa, and we shall see if this issue can be resolved.

Ari§teaus
Lord of Varshikar
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

If the orcs kidnapped one of our ambassador's then yes, that would be the abduction of one of our people, however, as there have been no reports of either myself or Athian being captured I assume you mean a citizen, in which case, you shold tell us, because that changes the situation.

Alexadra Corulas, Ambassador
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

There's another reason why I didn't ask the orcs to leave. I was under the impression that anyone was welcome, as long as they did not fight with weapons right in the town. I don't recall anyone from Trollsbane fighting orcs in the middle of town, and they were asked to leave?

-F
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Fooser if you wish to speak we shall meet, hopefully later this night. This is not a place for arguements. The people of trollsbane used the land as a place to stage an attack, which in turn gives the orcs a reason to attack.

By seeing intent you can judge the actions of others, and the action which would have taken place from thier staying within Varshikar would have been an hostile one.

Ari§teaus
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

No I meant the ambassadors. At the moment I dont know a citizien which is kidnapped, but I think they will do it too.

~AlaineMilan~
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Alaine,

At the moment we are neutral. IF a time were to come when hostilities were exchanged, i.e. someone kidnapped, town raided, etc. that would change our status.

-s-
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I hope so Lady Quinasa
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I must ask: who it is that keeps chopping down the cherry trees I plant day after day and replacing them with apple trees? It is bothersome in the extreme, please stop. Your apple trees do not live long for their roots are deep and can not survive in such rocky soil where as cherry trees work better. Thank you.

-s-
Qµinasa
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

There is part of me that will always be with Varshikar, but unfortunately I must withdraw my citizenship to this great Northern land, of which I had so much to do with in it's founding.

If She ever needs me, I will be there for her, but no longer shall my name be connected to her as it once was.

Yours,
Moskher
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Sad to see you go Moskher, but your decision is respected. You are always welcome within the city.

Be well.
Member of the Farmer's Union