Aid from the Trolls

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aristeaus

Aid from the Trolls

Post by Aristeaus »

Ladies and Gentleman

The trolls of the east forest offer thier aid in removing the rubble blocking the gate's of trollsbane,, and the rocks which now litter the streets.

On the condition, we shall no longer cut down the eastern woods, we shall no longer hunt the creatures and we shall look after the woods in which we do seek our wood, only taking that which we need.

Think my friends, is this much to ask. I think not, but you as the people are the ones who can answer this question.

Trapped like worms, or the aid of an old enemy in exchange for peace.

Ari§teaus
The Concubius
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

We need their help. It is a small price to pay for our freedom.
I AGREE.
Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

The trolls never where my enemys, i have never done something wrong to them. And if they want help us we should thank them that the offers us theire help. And we should thank the gods. That they give us the chance to make it besser next time.

- Fedaykin,
forester of Trollsbane,
priest of Oldra -
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Ich stimme mit euch überein und werde dem auch nicht im Weg stehen. Die andauernden Angriffe sind zu einer ernsten Bedrohung geworden. Es gibt viele Verletzte und Tode auf beiden Seiten. Von den schwindenen Vorräten an Lebensmitteln, Heilmitteln und Waffen brauch ich garnicht reden.

Da aber kein direkter Grund für die Angriffe der Trolle in meinen Augen ersichtlich ist, frag ich mich aber, ob dies denn langfristig etwas bringen wird?

Einem Waffenstillstand stimm ich gern zu. Einem Gesetz zur Schonung der Wälder ebenso.

Doch wird dies helfen? Keiner von uns kennt die wahren Gründe dieser Wesen. Und keiner kann wirklich ernsthaft davon ausgehen, dass ein solches Arrangement zum Schutz der Wälder und ihres Lebensraums wirklich lang eingehalten wird. Troll`s Bane ist nicht allein auf der Insel. Es gibt genügend Leute, die wir nicht unter Kontrolle halten können, die schnell, nachdem die Trolle wieder Ruhe geben, sich an deren Schätzen bereichern werden wollen.

--------------------------------

I agree with you and i do not also want to be against your propose. The continuous attacks are a serious threat. There are many wounded ones and death on both sides. About the few supplies of food, healing potions and weapons I do not need to talk.

But I do not see a direct reason for their attacks on the town. What is there aim? Therefore I ask myself whether an agreement with the trolls can be kept.

I agree an armistice, likewise a law for the protection of their forest.

But this will help? None of us knows the true reasons of these creatures. And none can assume really seriously that such an arrangement for the protection of the forests and their habitat can be kept.

Troll `s Bane is not alone on the island. There are sufficient people, who we cannot hold under control. They would try to save the treasures of the trolls for their self very fast, after the trolls terminates their atacks.

------------------
Lennier
Graf der Grauen Rose
Triumvirat von Troll`s Bane
Last edited by Lennier on Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

And who exactly offered that?
Did a troll come out of the forest and made the offer?

Nevertheless is it a good offer and we shouldn't reject it.

John Irenicus
Captain of the Town Guard
Member of the Triumvirat
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

The offer was passed to myself from Caitlin Fergus, I think she spoke to the trolls,, or they spoke to her. I can not be certain.

Ari§teaus
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

As I do not agree.
Who attacked, burned, and was the standing ones surrounded by their summoned skulls?
The trolls.

We have no reason to trust them.

-Kasume-
Velin

Post by Velin »

How long would this truce last anyways? How long before people would choose to forget the help of the trolls and go back to hunting them and clear cutting all the trees in the forest. Are you all blind or just ignoring what is before your eyes. First, you hunt down every last troll and the forest began to rot away, then not long afterward an earthquake shakes the island. Do you not all see how this could be connected. Now, in your moment of need, a former enemy wishes to make peace and live in harmony yet you are going to refuse out of shear pride. Why? because the trolls and the people of Troll's bane have fought against each other before...so what, just forgive and forget. A fight was started by one party and the two battled. Humans do that amongst each other all the time. Kasume, you mentioned one fight where the trolls were the victors. Yet how many times have the people beat them and claimed victory. All I am trying to say is this, if none of you can put your differences with the trolls aside, then maybe we should all stay prisoner in the town cause why accept a truce you intend to break the first chance you get.

-Velin
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Do you seriously want to stay trapped in this town? I know I don't.
We should accpet the offer and I was never a friend of slaying trolls for fun.

Josefine von Irnaron
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

What's stopping them from simply acting of a bit of trickery? They've proven they can win some battles, why not do it again? With the upper of surprise to their side. The idea is, you cannot simply become friends with them. We hunted them, yet now they ask for their forgiveness and to help us? Please. Only a fool would fall under that trap.

I'm sorry, but moving a few rocks will only take a few weeks and I'm pretty sure we have the supplies to live given we have the Union's farming lands, as well as an abundence of trees to the west. So I'm sure you're all going to miss your rock out in the woods. Because life is more important than getting out of this town.

There is evil within them. Especially when they summon their own floating skulls. The same skulls seen on the tops of buildings with the lesser demons. Yet you all see it as nothing. An obvious factor at how insane you all are.

-Kasume-
Shukk

Post by Shukk »

The Trolls came to this island to live in the forest, but no one gave it to them. When i entered this island, there where no trolls.

If the Troll's want to fight, they shall, but i will never stop hunting Troll's that attack my lizard brothers for no reason. They will all die.

- Shukk
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Fools will never look beyond what they can see.

~unsigned
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Für den Fall, dass die Trolle die Gelgenheit nutzen wollen, um in die Stadt einzudringen, ruf ich alle Waffentragenden auf, sich für die Verteidigung der Stadt bereit zu halten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the Trolle wants to use the opportunity to enter the town, I call up all weapon-carrying people, to be ready for the defense of Troll`s Bane.

-------------
Lennier
Graf der Grauen Rose
Trumvirat von Troll`s Bane
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

And what payment can these people expect to receive.

Ari§teaus
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

To the unsigned.
It's our best opportunity to secure the saftey of us all. We cannot rely on possible false believings and of the such.
The sense of people wanting retribution with these beasts is absurd. Of course we do not look further than what we can see, we are trapped within our town. Monsters attack only weeks before. We have rantings of false fear. We have people running about saying that their bodies will be lost, yet no physical danger.
Please, the last thing we need is sudden peace with ones that killed us. Only think of the suspicion.

To Aristeaus.
Their lives.

-Kasume-
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Fools also fail to hold their enemies closer than their friends.

~unsigned
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

As exactly what the trolls are doing.

-Kasume-
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

A note is scrawled right onto the same parchment as the last one:

Kasume is a former thug of the Movement.

~unsigned
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I witnessed the trolls entering town today, they were a little confused at times and thought the Millstone was a rock, but apart from those things they were quite well behaved. They cleared the rocks around town.

I suppose you can eat your parchments now.

Yours,
~Hermie~
~Baker Extraordinaire*

Post by Guest »

yes, they were very friendly
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Than I am quite surprised.
The beasts stole a suit of plate and some chainmail.

Forgiveness will not be given to them. As they claim lives before. They don't deserve respect.

To the unsigned.
I only had friends apart. As in desperation to pull me into their own defeat.

-Kasume-
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

I do doubt they stole those items.
Ever seen a troll wearing armor?
Care to give them back their Smaragds, Maces, and Liferoot herbs?
And all the trees you cut down in their forests?
They helped free the town from its own imprisonment,
without the prospect of the promise of not attacking them.

~unsigned
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Unsigned.
Who attacked first?
Who raided the town first?
Who made the first move?
Who attracted us to their dens?
Who suddenly appeared where these people lived for so long?
Who attacked those people that have lived here for so long?
Now they want to make peace at a sudden.

Hey how about this. Let's make peace with the ogres now. Hold your weapons close.

-Kasume-
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Someone scrawled arrows from all questions on the parchment leading to "Not the Trolls" in sloppy handwriting.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Well, these creatures seem to behave oddly. Sure, maybe some people went and did something violent against them, but that in no way is a reason to attack an entire town, filled with a majority of people who have not acted against these forest creatures. Then this entire thing with the strones, and being friends with trolls. Not to argue or say trolls are bad, I just find their behavior strange.

ƒooser
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Well, trolls are not supposed to care about the rest of the town. Humans came and started killing them. End of story.

If, for instance, someone attacks and kills your people constantly, what will you do? You find their spawning place - and destroy it.

Ants destroy your cabbage - you find and burn the anthouse.

Trolls are acting on natural instincts.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

They attacked us first. I'm not understanding the justice in that. They were never here before just a month or so.

-Kasume-
The Night's Own

Post by The Night's Own »

A figure in black walks up to the wall, neither glancing directly at it nor turning its hooded head. Its hands shoot out from the darkness underneath the black cloak that surrounds it and it quickly slaps a parchment underneath the last, then impaling and nailing it into place with a shiny dagger:
  • Ponder the name,
    of a town built on blood.
    The "Troll's Bane",
    shan't shed tears in a flood.
    Night.
Caitlin Fergus

Post by Caitlin Fergus »

Kasume are you really taken leave of all your senses?

Were you around as the trolls came to town and carried all the boulders away?
I guess not.
Have you seen that they stole something?
I guess rather not.

You can ask the people of town who witnessed the happening. The trolls weren't alone any minute.
Trolls with chainmails, pah.

You asked who attacked first?!
I can answer you the question!
It were many of us. Hunters, Fighters. Some wanted to have their roots or their smaragds, other just fighted them out of fun or training.

How much were killed until they struck back?

We killed them. And took them their room to live. We chopped the trees what they are caring for.
Just because you haven't seen them, it's not a crap of evidence that they weren't here before us.
I believe they are old as the forests itselfs.
And suddenly they have to fear the end of their existence. And have to watch how we chopped the trees one by one.

But a few days ago...
as another madman nearly rooted out the whole southforest,
there were many townpeople who started planting new trees.
And a troll came.
He saw us. And he helped us planting trees.
We worked together hand in hand.

That is the reason why they opend up their mind.
As we should do too.

Caitlin Fergus
Medico
Member of the Triumvirat
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

If they come with good intentions, good enough.
However, pardon me for keeping my axe ready and not wanting to take romantic walk by the river with them just yet. Be vigilant. I would not declare the kindheartedness of trolls openly just yet. Time will show if you are right or not, Caitlin.. I guess that ye will take the responsibility if they are not true to their words.

If you lower your guard and the trolls are treacherous, you'll pay in blood and sorrow. If they are not, I am sure that they won't mind us.

Caranthir the Greatly Magnificent,
Viceking of Silverbrand.