Robbers!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Belegi

Robbers!

Post by Belegi »

Dear townfellows,
today, the Clan of the Axe, represented by Dolgan Durgan and me, revealed a very evil crime. Sam, our beloved local merchant was robbed. All of his goods were stolen by unknown villains. As we chased the robbers, we found a strange behaving human who goes under a single letter as name (Q or M or Z or something). He immediatly fled and as we were able to stop him in the woods, he threatened us (what a fool). A fight errupted and as you might have guessed, dear reader, he stood no chance against the axes of Silverbrand. We spared his life as we recognized that he was only a servant of the true mastermind of this crime, he just distracted the guards.

The following persons should be interrogated if anyone wants to solve the case:

Caitlin, Aristeaus, Sian, Brendan Mason, Aryllis, Freaper & an unknown halfling girl

Belegi
Clan of the Axe
Iekka
Location: "I'm in perfect control; it's just the situation that's a little out of hand..."

Post by Iekka »

Just more proof this town has fallen to the rats.

-unsigned-
The Night's Own

Post by The Night's Own »

I am no fellow of the town.

About Brendan Mason and Aristeaus.
From what I know they are involved with the Silverstar Merchants.
I doubt they'd commit such a heinous act.
The others, though - for all I know - could be scoundrels.

The members of the Clan of the Axe should be interrogated as well.
You never know.

Night.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

I will talk to Eliza and Sam today, so that they can tell me how that happend and what they have seen.

If I'm understanding right the Clan of the Axe knocked down a person without knowing if he has something to do with this?
Do you mean K, perchance?

And how occured you exactly this people? Weren't any other people in town? I doubt that, but I will have a look after it.

Gwynnether von Glanwen
Town guard
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Hey Hey now.
My name is Konstantin K and I had nothing to do with it.

I was slightly... well, okay, pretty drunk today. I spent most of my time drinking and smoking, recovering from yesterday's Troll attack. I used my time in town, which Gwyn permitted me.

Then, I tried to enter the town again, but Freaper said I cannot. So I tried entering in the south, and then I got a little carried away with harassing Freaper and making fun of him... I... don't remember. I was never too respectful of officials.

Suddenly, Brendan Mason shows up and shouts "Your thieves stole the depot"... Everything got a bit mixed up, I remember I started laughing.
I laughed at Freaper for wasting his time with me, when I am just trying to access my stuff by the tavern, when he should be in town catching real criminals.

Then everything went crazy, orcs showed up, and then Clan of Axe showed up, calling me a thief. I instinctively assumed the role, and defended myself. I got a bit stupid, and I wanted to catch the thief myself, so I went along, and shouted to everyone not to follow me, or I will kick their arses.

But eventually I stumbled into the wrong place, I got down to the prison... and they attacked me. Drunk and smoked away, I could not resist them, and they sliced me as good as they could. Then I told them that I was just entertaining Freaper at the gates, and someone used this time to carry out this amusing thievery.

I repeat, I still laugh at the town guard's performance. I find it funny and unsatisfactory, and I think Freaper is an irresponsible guard, and he is also very abusive.
He called all elves, including himself, stupid, and confessed that he is on this position of town guard only because of power. I asked him if he is evil, and he said "yes I am, but aren't you evil too?". Talaena would witness that.

Talaena was with me the whole time, at the south gates, so both of us had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I believe Freaper is a sneaky evil power-abusing individual and an unfit to be a guard. Yesterday during the battle, he lured two monsters on Talaena, and made her die twice, she lost equipment worth over 1500 gold. A chain suit, a plate mail set, etc... And today he refused to pay her back for that... because he said he is powerful, and official...

whatever. I think he should be fired.
I would make a twice better town guard than him.

Anyway, that's my testiment.

I am still sobering up, so forgive my style, but at least I'm telling the truth.

Sorry for behavior, everyone, but hey, Clan of Axe attacked me first.
If anyone desires satisfcation, I will gladly fight each clan member one by one. Just don't jump me as a group, again.
In a 1-1 duel, I'll take every single one of you in for good.
For good I tell you.

Oops, sorry again.
I'm done.

K.
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

Dear Fellow Citizens of Trollsbane,

This abusive attack on our citizens by an outside military should not go unnoticed. I am not talking about their attack on Konstantin--although it was for little reason other than that Konstantin was drunk. I am speaking of the vicious smear campaign of Silverbrand's Clan of the Axe against upstanding citizens of Trollsbane such as Caitlin Fergus (must I remind all of you that this is the last day of the Triumverate election and Caitlin Fergus is more than likely to be representative of our fair people within that council), Aristeaus and Brendan Mason of the Silverstar Merchants, Moirear Sian, and others.

The Bishop of Irmorom, Galim, who holds large political sway in Silverbrand, despite his absense, was the first to criticize Caitlin Fergus as she ran for political office within the Triumverate. Now, seeing that it is the last day of the public elections and Caitlin Fergus is ahead by a considerable amount, Silverbrand makes one last desperate attack on Caitlin Fergus, a woman who could only be described as a saint by trying to tie her to criminal activities!

At the same time, they accuse Brendan Mason, a well-known supporter of the Evergreen Halflings and Aristeaus, who has spoken recently of building a village in the North. Is this a coincidence? I certainly think not! The Clan of the Axe, in one blanket statement, accuses leaders of all the island's communities in order to degrade their individual claims of sovereignty!

Notice how they give no reason or evidence as to why these people could be linked to Konstantin K, although they'd most likely forge proof somehow or another if asked to do so. These claims were manufactured carefully deep in the depths of Silverbrand to further the political dominance of dwarves on this island.

It is, frankly, time for the citizens of Trollsbane to react to the agenda of the troglodytical dwellers of Silverbrand.

Your Humble Servant,
Moskher Heszche
Belegi

Post by Belegi »

Belegi reads the papers with a grin.

Dear townsfolk,
the persons I mentioned might be witnesses of the crime, not the actual criminals (although they might be among them). They were around the shop or were seen shortly afterwards around it as the crime took place. However, I leave this up to the townguard of Troll´s Bane to solve this case.

Belegi
Clan of the Axe
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Ya, ya, I didn't steal your chest, I have plenty of my own.

And Belegi, hey, be careful with that axe of yours next time, eh?
Almost crushed my ribs, thanks to your partner's help.
Better not use that axe when I see you alone on a narrow path.

Same goes for your buddy Drogan or whatever his name is, eh.

K
Freaper

Post by Freaper »

I had to guard Karmane, because Caitlin said that to me, the halfling girl, tal, was with him.
But I'm asking myself, why she wanted me to guard him and why she didn't watched him on her own. Thats why she is suspicious to me.
The rest of Karmanes words are not true.

Freaper
Caitlin Fergus

Post by Caitlin Fergus »

Caitlin comes to the shop and after some small talk with Sam and Eliza she goes to read the parchments on the board. After a while she frowned.
Neatly she writes under Freapers parchment:

"I don't wanted to justify myself here on the board, 'cause that's the work of the town guard and this here is no official trial or something.
But I'm wondering what's gotten into you, Freaper.
I said to you word-for-word that - you should have an eye on Karmane, cause I guess he is drunken- .
I mean... I just walked through the southgate and saw Karmane standing there shouting like a madman. And YOU already stood there and watched him. It was just an advice.
Why I didn't watched him on my own? Are you the town guard or am I?
Even when I will vouch for him, when he is allowed to live in town again, I'm not his baby-sitter.

Caitlin Fergus
"
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Ew. Gross. I wanna get sick of this elf's behavior.

Yesterday we fought side by side, and today he is showering me with disrespect and with an obvious lies.

Yes, I am not sugar, not an angel. I'm just pretty tough, like that, short tempered sometimes. But what I said - I said, and it is true.

I am not denying I was drunk, and i apologize for that to anyone I insulted, like Kaja Wolfagen, for instance, if I did. Sorry.
But don't lie about me.

As for the vouch, I respectfully promise to behave myself, and not cause any trouble, other then drinking heavily, smoking sibanac, and trying to get some time with my friends.

As for the bureaucratic ban I am given - I never respected that, even when my body and soul suffered for it. But not to deliberate on this subject any further, get off my back, Freaper, and get off everyone's back.

Talaena, Clan of Axe, myself, Caitlin, and Arist - I know for certain - could not do it, because all of these people were in the south out of town, I believe.
Freaper

Post by Freaper »

Hm, I'm going to report what has happaned yesterday.
Karmane was shouting at the southgate about washing the streets with blood and terror.
I watched his shouting and then Caitlin came from the southgate and wanted me to watch for Karmane.
While me and Karmane were talikng tal came from the south too.

Later, Brendan said to Karmane "That was a delightful distraction, Karmane"
Karmane asked him, if "they" were successful and I'm asking myself, how he could know about them. Brendan said "Yes...your thieves stole the depot." Karmane left immediately.

Freaper
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Das sind beunruhigende Nachrichten. Ein Depot wurde aus dem Laden gestohlen. Wer mag es haben? Wo steht es nun? Vielleicht sollten wir alle Gebäude und zugängliche Höhlen auf der Insel dannach absuchen. Der Fundort könnte schon einen näheren Hinweis auf die Diebe geben.

Die hier zu dem Fall angebrachten Fakten sprechen einzeln für sich und ergeben mir ein Bild, welches mein Misstrauen wieder aufwachen lässt.

Es scheint auf den Straßen müsse wieder härter durchgegriffen werden. Den, die letzten Tagen, angedachten Gesprächen zur Aufhebung einzelner Verbannungen werden auf jedenfall verschoben werden müssen, bis dieser Vorfall geklärt ist.

-----------------------

That are bad news. A depot of the shop is stolen. Who has it? Where is it? Maybe we should scan all buildings and caves of this isle. The hiding place could be helpfull to find the robbers.

The appropriate facts speak for itself and show me a picture, which lets my distrust wake up again.

It seems the work of the guards must be intensified again. The planned discussions to the abolition of bans have to be shifted until this incident is clarified.

-------------
Lennier
Earl of the Grey Rose
Triumvirate of Trolls Bane
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Dear Moskher.

Did someone hit you in the head with a large and heavy object, or is there any other reason why you are rambling the nonsense about Silverbrand's evil intentions? Galim has his own opinions, however is not the official stance of the kindom of Silverbrand. I would be very disapointed to hear that you keep on ranting this kind of nonsense in the future, as we both know that Silverbrand has only noble interests and friendship to offer for the rather nice town of Troll's Bane.

Why would Silverbrand want to endanger it's good relations with Troll's bane at all, not to mention by meddling with some election that is practically over? It is curious, that you wish to point finger at us. You wouldn't have something to hide or intention to worsen the relations between the two sovereign nations, now would you?

We take no interest in your election and wish luck to anyone who is elected, Caitlin in special. Such a charming young lady will most likely make a diffrence in the Triumvirat.

Good luck Caitlin and Irmorom's blessing.

Caranthir the Greatly Magnificent, Viceking of Silverbrand.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Freaper risked his own safety many times in order to destroy beasts and protect the town. Witnessing this and then hearing people call him power hungry is simply ridiculous.

-unsigned
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

I most certainly did not play a part in this most heinous of crimes! I witnessed the events of this night in a very different way to which people insinuate me having taken part in.

That night, I met Aristeaus in the shop. He said that the human, Karmane was causing quite the ruckus down by the tavern. I decided to take a look. When I reached the tavern I saw Freaper trying to deal with Karmane, in what I can only describe as a lunatic state. He was proclaiming that he would "cleanse the streets with our blood." I promptly left.

I returned to the shop, where I saw Aristeaus speaking with Sam. It seemed innocent enough, as the pair seemed to be making a trade or some sort of agreement. Aristeaus told me that it was Silverstar business. I declined to speak with the Sam, as he has a habit of overcharging me. Eventually the man that many people call Sian, but I call Moirear, arrived on the scene.

Both Moirear and Aristeaus started chatting together and eventually Aristeaus turned to me. He told me that he wanted to ask me something in the Silverstar Shop, so I promptly went up there and waited by the counter. After some time, Belegi Zahar, of Silverbrand came into the shop and we started chatting together. I mentioned to her that Aristeaus was acting strangely in the shop and she said that she would go and see what's the matter with him.

I then waited in the shop for a few more moments, before getting thoroughly fed up. I headed back to Eliza and Sam's shop where I spied that the depot was gone! I quickly found Belegi, and confided in her that I suspected Karmane of causing a distraction for the thieves. In my rather confused and irritated state, I told Karmane that he created a delightful distraction, and myself, Belegi and Dolgan proceeded to chase after him, to see if we could make any sense of the situation.

Yours,
Brendan Mason
Councillor of Greenbriar,
Former Ranger,
Silverstar Apprentice.
Boremier

Post by Boremier »

I strongly agree with the unsigned letter, Freaper is a close friend of mine and would never steal anything from anyone, and the allegation of him being power hungry is laughable.

Boremier
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

No, no. You're missing one thing in your testiment, Freaper.

Before Brendan showed up, someone shouted in town: "Thieves! Sam was robbed!"
That's when I started laughing. And, of course, when Brendan said about distraction, my natural reaction was "Were they successful?"
When he said "Your thieves stole the chest", I immidiately rushed down to see what's up with that, maybe I could intercept them and either help or rob them too, or kill them.

I say once again, I don't remember much. I was so intoxicated, that someone could even place me there on purpose, and start me up.

Ah, the "Streets of Blood" speech - yes, that's one of my favourites to scare the townsfolk! I gave that one to Irenicus and Galim too. And Alora heard that speech.
I said that speech many times, when I was angry or drunk, or just teasing. I got killed for it many times. But did I ever actually filled the streets with blood? Na-a-ah. I'm not that kind of guy.

About Freaper... that I remember very well, even though i was drunk.
I got really mad at Freaper for hi blunt words.

I only wrote what Freaper told me himself. He knows he has many friends, and a perfect alibi. I am not saying that this elf is not usually heroic, but what he said to me - showed his heart to be dirty.
He is in fact - power hungry.
That was his answer when I asked him:

"what makes an elf serve humans to protect their town?"
He said:
"power".

I also asked him:
"You are a town guard, isn't your job to think first before you do something?"

He said
"No"

I said:

"You are quite blunt and stupid you know?"

He said

"Well, I am a town guard. I am inside the town, and you're not".

I said:

"I think the townguard inside you is overpowering the noble elf"

He said

"Elves are stupid"

Then Talaena entered the dialogue, saying:

"By calling elves stupid, you are calling yourself that too"

And then he answered something, but I don't remember exactly.
I was having fun, and missing half the thing.

Konstantin.
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

This is nonsence... I was far to buisy bieng chased and tought as food to the many creatures in the forest. I do not appreciate bieng iterrogated by freaper today. just to make things clear, i do associate with sian and arist..Karmane aswell he is actually a nice guy..but thats besides the point i was quite curiouse who did the crime...it was also very funny that freaper was medling with karmane and i when he could have been doing something usefull....maybee like his job..

Talaena Landessi
Moskher Heszche

Caranthir, Viceking of Silverbrand,

I might ask the same of yourself. Why would you allow your soldiers to insult the leaders of your allies? Perhaps it is time that you hold the leash of your Clan of the Axe a bit tighter, before your attack dogs ruin your relations with your neighbors.

Is it I who holds the agenda to wall-off communication between these allied nations or is it your men-at-arms?

Possibley your soldiers should concentrate more on the happenings below the surface of this island and less on those within a village of which they are no longer granted citizenship--especially so when their answer to such happenings is to attack passersby on the least amount of evidence. It is one thing when Alora Ironforge, the honorable guardswoman of Trollsbane who is in the unique position of holding dual citizenship, investigates crime in our village; it is quite another when foreign entities attack at random and make blanket accusations.

If your troops had the capabilities to solve crime, I would be more than happy to have their involvement in our community. However, instead we see them fumbling about, attacking at random, and offering no evidence as to why any of the parties mentioned would be helpful in an interogation.

Would it be foolish for one to think they were tossing guilt at this small group of citizens? Quite the contrary, it would be just as foolish to think that it wasn't put this way on purpose, as an attack on political enemies.

Yours,
Moskher Heszche
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

How did Alora get this unique dual citizenship?
Moskher Heszche

Konstantin,

By being a member of the Royal Guard before citizens of Silverbrand were taken off the list of citizens, of course.

Yours,
Moskher Heszche
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Dear Moskher

Who has Clan of the axe offended? You?

Still, you insist to rant about some mysterious "political enemies". What political enemies?

You would rather take the word of admitted drunkard than a vigilant helper, neither of which are citizens? I think that this is more than enough to speak for your motives, credibility and neutrality concerning the matter, Moskher. No one was attacked at random, if you bothered to read the papers. I would not trust Konstantin's word about this, because he was apparently rather drunk. It is indeed possible, if not likely, that he did indeed threaten Belegi and Dolgan.

If I were you, I would hold my tongue when it comes to defining who is foreign to the town and who is not. Remember, that you own the courtesy of accusing the dwarves of Silverbrand to the very same Dwarves. Those, who have defended the Troll's Bane with their Axes, dwarves whose achievements echo from the very name of the City. We have helped this town in the past many times, even well before the Establishment of Silverbrand.

Our "troops" are not involved. Individual citizens of Silverbrand who are part of the Clan aswell are. Individuals, who see Troll's bane as something worth helping. Is this not the progress that you want to see? Surely you would not want our citizens to disregard your well-being or safety? They try to help, which is already more than you have done for the matter, proud citizen, and the thank what they get comes in a form of some half-witted rant about political enemies from you, Moskher. This I do not understand. Why the hostility? Seems, that you are the one wanting to create monsters and nonexisting political enemies.

Caranthir the Greatly Magnificent, Viceking of Silverbrand.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

I left the scene and they started chasing me.
I told them not to, and they still did.
They attacked first.