Account Request

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Itiliss

Account Request

Post by Itiliss »

how long do account requests take to go through? :?:
Itiliss

Post by Itiliss »

why do u even need a account request to get in game why not just make it so when u sign up u can automaticaly play???
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Wrong Board.
Wrong Question.
Itiliss

?

Post by Itiliss »

why is it a wrong question?
Klith

Post by Klith »

The application process is used to eliminate as many bad roleplayers as possible. It takes anything from weeks to months (note these words are plural) to actually get in the game.
Akario

Post by Akario »

I understand why it is important to prevent bad roleplayers, but the purpose of signing up for a game is to play it. From what I hear there are people who wait months just to get on the server. It may be just me but I think that's just a little rediculous.

I understand that you get asked some questions about roleplaying via e-mail. Why not have a simple form on the website with a random list of roleplaying questions that are selected from a database? The admin could go to a PHP script that would show the pending users, go down the list selecting which ones sound ok (as far as names and so on), if the user is ok they get an email saying they need to answer the questionare and if they make a good score they can get in the game. If the admin selects the account for deletion insted the user will get an email notification about it.
lochren

ehh?

Post by lochren »

If they did it that way then it would not really eliminate the bad roleplayers. Because, it is easy to look at options and choose the best one, but if you have to do it yourself, then it makes it harder, thus making you feel better? I myself do not have an account yet, but im hoping i do soon 8)
Akario

Post by Akario »

I see your point. However, I still think that a more effecent system needs to be put in place.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Uh, how I love such demands from the unknowing.

*waves with a padlock*

Anything more to say?
Athian

Post by Athian »

eep. sounds like someone is once again annoying the GM's being that the same topic is less then two threads down and under the same name no less. it's a nice way to get yourself banned from the game before you even start it.
Itiliss

Post by Itiliss »

-edited by Keikan because of offending/insulting content-