Teleporter/Ladder bug

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Mirai Belisai

Teleporter/Ladder bug

Post by Mirai Belisai »

Hello,

i do not know what changed and it has been a problem always to some extend,
but currently i am experiencing a near 100% immobility after using ladders or teleporters.
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Teleporter/Ladder bug

Post by Brightrim »

I've found it happens more often if I click the ladder instead of using wasd to move to it.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Happens about 50% of the time with NumPad.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

We are investigating on this bug and it seems like the origin has been found. Fixing it might take some time. Basically, the client requests two movements from the server and the server grants both. The client is then confused (a very untechnical term) where the character is and you experience a freeze.

In the meantime, it seems you can avoid this bug by going up and down slowly, without holding down the keys you are using to move. But this is no guarantee.
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

the strange thing about it.. some "teleporters" just about never fail (like the elevator in Galmair) while others are very reliably doing so.

and somehow some characters are inflicted worse than others (or accounts?) at least many other playes do not seem to have this problem to that degree.