Error run client

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Slader

Error run client

Post by Slader »

Hello all.
I need help.
After clicking the play button an error appears OpenGL.
Before the upgrade, the client started and worked stably.
Screenshots of errors and device in the attachment.
Attachments
4.png
4.png (51.97 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
3.png
3.png (20.17 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
1.png
1.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Dantagon Marescot

Re: Error run client

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

It was suggested you uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver. It may be a windows 10 update error as opposed to the client.
Slader

Post by Slader »

Dantagon Marescot wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:04 pm It was suggested you uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver. It may be a windows 10 update error as opposed to the client.
I am install last version driver
(intel site) Version: 15.28.24.64.4229 (Latest) Date: 6/5/2015 -> client run error
and update driver from windows update center version driver 9.17.10.4459 date 5/19/2016 -> client run error
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I am assuming you reinstalled the game as the news said... https://illarion.org/general/us_news.php

You only need to get rid of your shortcuts, the download will simply install over your previous game so doesn't appear to me to affect your open GL driver however make sure you picked the right one for your computer.

The error message of lacking support for the Open GL and it's suggestion to go back to a previous driver might also be the way to go. If not...waiting for someone more knowledgeable is the only option. :?
Slader

Post by Slader »

Achae Eanstray wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:16 am I am assuming you reinstalled the game as the news said... https://illarion.org/general/us_news.php

You only need to get rid of your shortcuts, the download will simply install over your previous game so doesn't appear to me to affect your open GL driver however make sure you picked the right one for your computer.

The error message of lacking support for the Open GL and it's suggestion to go back to a previous driver might also be the way to go. If not...waiting for someone more knowledgeable is the only option. :?
I am downgrade video driver and reinstall Illarion client mistake too.
CPU i5 2410m is compatible with Shader Model 4.1, along with DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.1 APIs
Seajiha
Developer

Post by Seajiha »

Did the downgrade work for you?

Sadly OpenGL ist not so important for most video-card companies which results sometimes in drivers with critical bugs regarding openGL.
Slader

Post by Slader »

Seajiha wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:35 am Did the downgrade work for you?

Sadly many OpenGL ist not so important for most video-card companies which results sometimes in drivers with critical bugs regarding openGL.
I lowered the version of the video driver, also reinstalled the game client but the error did not go away. I do not even know what to do. The video driver has not been updated since 2016. I do not even know where to look at the detailed log file for diagnostics.
Seajiha
Developer

Post by Seajiha »

Well that's quite weird. The game update changed nothing that would normally produce and OpenGL-error if the version before did not so.

Please go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... -2-90-GHz- and download the Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows that is suitable for you (aka choose your windows version). If you are using Windows 10, use the equivalent Win8.1 driver version. Install that driver, restart your PC and check if Illarion is now running.

Additionally, make a fresh install of Illarion before running the game again: (1) Uninstall it. (2) In the explorer go to C:\Users\[YOUR PC USERNAME]\ (3) Delete the folder .illarion (4) Reinstall the game and make sure that you choose the correct version (32/64-bit).

Sadly this advice is very generic and while it may work, it can also not work. Intels graphic drivers are very bad with openGL and that is a problem we cannot fix :|
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

This is really strange. The client should never have worked using an Intel HD 3000 on Windows 10, because there is no OpenGL support for this graphics device for Windows 10.
Did you change anything but the client? The only thing the client update changed was the patch version of the embedded Java. Nothing in relation to the graphics system.
Seajiha
Developer

Post by Seajiha »

@Nitram: Iirc since Win Vista, Windows' default procedure to handle OpenGL is to pipe it through DirectX (which makes it much slower). Only if a driver enables direct OpenGL-support this procedure is dropped. Would it be a possible solution to disable OpenGL 'on the' driver and fallback to the default procedure or use something like GLDirect?
Slader

Post by Slader »

Hi.
I installed the latest version of the driver from the official site Intel version 9.17.10.4229 dated 05.26.2015 for Windows 8. The client installed the illarion and cleaned all the directories. The error is similar. I found the log file there writes the following.

Code: Select all

ERROR - 2018-06-04 20:25:25,510 - [LWJGL Application]: Fetched uncaught exception: Your computer lacks the support for OpenGL. OpenGL is required to properly run the client. Usually the reason for this are outdated drivers for your graphics device. Please update those to get the game running. If you need help doing so, please ask for it in the support forum of Illarion.
com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: OpenGL is not supported by the video driver.
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:292) ~[gdx-backend-lwjgl-1.7.0.jar:na]
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.setupDisplay(LwjglGraphics.java:179) ~[gdx-backend-lwjgl-1.7.0.jar:na]
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:138) ~[gdx-backend-lwjgl-1.7.0.jar:na]
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:120) ~[gdx-backend-lwjgl-1.7.0.jar:na]
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:253) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757) ~[lwjgl-2.9.2.jar:na]
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:282) ~[gdx-backend-lwjgl-1.7.0.jar:na]
	... 3 common frames omitted
ERROR - 2018-06-04 20:25:25,519 - [LWJGL Application]: Your computer lacks the support for OpenGL. OpenGL is required to properly run the client. Usually the reason for this are outdated drivers for your graphics device. Please update those to get the game running. If you need help doing so, please ask for it in the support forum of Illarion.
ERROR - 2018-06-04 20:25:25,519 - [LWJGL Application]: Terminating client!
ERROR - 2018-06-04 20:25:25,521 - [LWJGL Application]: Your computer lacks the support for OpenGL. OpenGL is required to properly run the client. Usually the reason for this are outdated drivers for your graphics device. Please update those to get the game running. If you need help doing so, please ask for it in the support forum of Illarion.
Fixing the error wasn't possible.
The client has to exit now.
ERROR - 2018-06-04 20:25:25,521 - [LWJGL Application]: Terminating client!
Slader

Post by Slader »

I find article
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/155 ... deo-driver or
https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/997

I'll try to lower the version of the java now it's version 8 update 171 (build 1.8.0_171-b11)
Slader

Post by Slader »

Lowering the java did not help. I have no more options. All the hope for the community. :(
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

might this one help?

https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/4356

He seems also to use the Intel HD 3000
Slader

Post by Slader »

Drugar Stonesmasher wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 pm might this one help?

https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/4356

He seems also to use the Intel HD 3000
Thanks, not work ((
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

There are other people using windows that had an update, I have read of some complaints that the update "broke" this and that.. nothing related to the open GL but who knows. I would wonder if you also had a driver update however you could try restoring your computer to a previous version is all I would know to suggest (if not done). Another suggestion is wait for another windows update and see if whatever they broke is fixed.

Even your security programs shouldn't remove Open GL however, so am at a loss at the moment.