Bag Glitch

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Flint Stoneside

Bag Glitch

Post by Flint Stoneside »

I am having a problem with my bag. Any item that is placed in the box one row down and 5 from the left is now unmovable. I can't click on it and move to a different slot or drop on the ground. The only way to move something from that slot is to sell it or if it is a craftable item like ore then melt it with other ore to make bars and it moves from the slot. But that is th only way to effect it. Sell, or craft. At the moment I just put a gem in that slot to fill it up so this does not mess me up if I accidentally put something valuable there. I can live with this but if you can fix it somehow for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Bag Glitch

Post by Brightrim »

Normal troubleshooting solutions I can think of, that would make sense to try while waiting for replies:

Close all illarion applications, even the launcher, then try starting the game again.

A full restart of your computer (power off-on, not just sleep-mode) to kill any hidden processes.

Clearing of the relevant java cache (I think Illarion uses its own version of java, might be a seperate cache if so?).

A reinstall of the game itself, and perhaps deleting of illarion related folders while doing so (Though I recommend making back-ups, especially of your characters log files, if you try this).
Flint Stoneside

I restarted everything and it seems to be working. Thank you for your help.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

I think this happens when you cancel to move a stacked item.
Flint Stoneside

I see. I will have to be more careful as that was very annoying at first. At least now I know how to deal with it if it happens again.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

This bug can happen with any item being moved, it's a real pain but can be avoided with patient mouse use. I solve it by closing Illarion + launcher, then going to Task Manager > Details-tab > right-click Java > "End process tree". If that doesn't work for you, try the things Brightrim suggested.
Flint Stoneside

All sounds good. Thanks for all the help everyone. Much appreciated.