Mouse pointer

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Mouse pointer

Post by Drathe »

I find the mouse in the options menu and in game does not correspond with where it is clicking. The pointer needs to be well below where I want to click.

This is from a fresh install. I've tried both 32x and 64x clients. I've checked my mouse, no problems in other games or windows or in the initial client window/box. Same set up I've had with previous installs of the game.

Any ideas?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Mouse pointer

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Is this from everything clicked or just some items. I had that problem and still do with a couple of bushes I tried to get fruit from... most other items seem to work well for me though.
Drathe

Post by Drathe »

The client options screen the mouse pointer/click is out. The other screens it is fine. In game some items in the bag, bags, the bag and paper doll window cant be moved because I cant seem to find the click point of the mouse to click-hold-move it. Instead I'm just running all over the map.

I also find some of my text box is cut off no matter what game screen size I use.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Waiting for someone more expert then me.. :D but while waiting, try re-installing the game making sure you use the recommended java (not sure it is the newest)

Here is the java and graphic's card..http://illarion.org/illarion/us_java_download.php

You should use the java recommended for your computer i.e. if have 64 should use that java from my read of problems in the past.

Delete the other one to make sure you aren't using it.

Another big problem is the graphic card isn't current. Might be good to see if an update for your card.
Drathe

Post by Drathe »

I've tried everything. reinstalled, drivers, setting. I cant click to move the pop up windows in game. I simply walk around as if I'm clicking on the map. Mouse is normal in desktop and all other games.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Do you have your desktop scaling set to anything but 100%?
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

What happens if you go fullscreen or use the program Borderless Gaming?

Also try changing your desktop resolution around, on top of Nitram's mentioning of display scaling (on Windows 8.1 it's called "Change size of all items" under Control Panel\Display)
Drathe

Post by Drathe »

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, desktop at normal scaling.

Full screen mouse pointer is fine. (game playable, I can work with that.) Non full screen in any screen size messes it up. (Game unplayable.)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

All that really sounds like something is offsetting the contents of the window. Is there any modding applied to the windows display manager? Any fancy custom window borders? Did you alter the settings of the mouse? Do you have any custom settings in your display driver that are active in non-fullscreen mode?