Lag and DCs

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Vermillion Dynasty

Lag and DCs

Post by Vermillion Dynasty »

Relevant PC specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit Windows 10 using latest updates
70/70 Mbps cabled internet

Information found in task manager:
The Illarion java client uses 35-37% RAM at any time, and 3-3.5% CPU power when in the background, while using as much as 30-37% CPU power while active despite not doing anything in game.

The problems:
Fighting monsters and using tools cause spike lag, and typing will cause multiple symbols to appear despite only doing one key-press. EG: "Heello" instead of "Hello" appearing in the chatbox.
In addition this message appears a lot, leading to a kick and if I log in without closing and opening the client, my inventory and bag will be clickthrough. My character does however get saved properly to the server, as if during a regular logout.

Code: Select all

ERROR - 2017-03-17 16:27:19,063 - [pool-6-thread-1]: Error while sending command.
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
	at illarion.client.net.Sender.encodeCommand(Sender.java:147) ~[client-2.1.25.10.jar:2.1.25.10]
	at illarion.client.net.Sender.lambda$sendCommand$0(Sender.java:107) ~[client-2.1.25.10.jar:2.1.25.10]
	at illarion.client.net.Sender$$Lambda$23/14598240.call(Unknown Source) [client-2.1.25.10.jar:2.1.25.10]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
Additional information:
Playing other games, such as CS:GO or WoW, cause no lag, nor do I experience any DCs. This leads me to believe that it is not my internet or specs, but rather that the current version of the client somehow clashes badly with my current software/hardware since I do not see others having this problem.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Lag and DCs

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I have filed a Mantis ticket:

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11539

Does the described problem occur always or just under certain circumstances? Are there scenarios in which the problem does not occur? Did the problem exist for you from your first day or did anything change (new graphics driver, update, ISP change,...) and the problem started to occur from then on?
Vermillion Dynasty

Re: Lag and DCs

Post by Vermillion Dynasty »

It seems rather random, so I can not tie it to any specific circumstance. It has only been happening a few weeks, maybe since the last client update, nvidia driver update or windows update. I didn't exactly note it down when it first started happening since I thought it was just a one-time glitch, so I'm not sure what update it might've been. The lag too has only been happening lately. I've done full antivirus scans with avast, malware scans with malwarebytes and checked my ISP with a speed test to check if the quality remains stable. It just seems weird how only Illarion is affected by whatever the problem is.