Issue with OpenGL and drivers

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Synyster

Issue with OpenGL and drivers

Post by Synyster »

Alright, after all I have tried I highly doubt anything will work.. But why not try and ask.

I just got my laptop fixed after it getting messed up by a virus or windows 10. It's:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type: 64 Bit
Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

I have downloaded Java and Illa countless times. I've downloaded different drivers and updated everything on this computer. ANd yes I downloaded the "OpenGL" thing I was supposed to.

When I go to open the game it gives me two of the same message:

"Your computer lacks support for OPENGL. OpenGL is required to properly run the client. Usually the reason for this are outdated drivers for your graphics device. Please update those to get the game running. Ask support for help bah bah"

After all the shite I've done I have a huge feeling I just can't play. So forgive me if I am pissed off.

I thank everyone that has helped me already and for anyone that will try. If you know what I can do please PM me for my skype or just message me here.
Morbius

Re: Issue with OpenGL and drivers

Post by Morbius »

I don't know much about this sort of thing.. but have your tried installing the latest version of Nvidia? It sounds like maybe your graphics driver software is just out of date.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

You are able to install the latest versions from the above link, or on older version if your PC is.. older. I think it has an auto detect for that, or you can find it manually if that doesn't work. (which is the more annoying option)

Hopefully this helps!
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Make sure NVIDIA graphic card before downloading however. Didn't you say you had the game on this laptop before.. and after the VBU? Try going to the HP website to see if can get the latest updates? Or wait for someone more experienced... :)

It could be that win 10 messed up something. Did you say windows 7 was reinstalled? The HP website should be able to get it to factory shape.
Synyster

Post by Synyster »

It's not a NVIDIA graphic card, and I have been strongly advised to not download it. - But thank you Morbius. Also, thank you to Achae.

Yes, Illarion used to work on this laptop before the windows 10 update and it was perfect. My computer was completely fecked a few weeks after installing it. That was probably around May or June 2016.

Since then, I had someone wipe my computer clean and switched out hard drives because my old one was shite. I've also downloaded a few drivers, did updates and tried just about everything.

It seems to be I simply need a new laptop and will be out for even longer than I already have been. But maybe some genius knows exactly what to do so this is my last resort.

Again, thanks to everyone.
Synyster

Post by Synyster »

I've updated again and uninstalled/reinstalled Illa.

I looked at my graphics card info and it's shows nothing. Everything has 'n/a' under it....
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

You don't have a separate "graphics card." You have one mounted to your motherboard. Therefore a NVIDIA driver would be useless. You need to update the drivers attached to the motherboard itself. I know you said you updated the drivers. But you HAVE to use the AMD driver from their website and not from Microsoft.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... ivers.aspx
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The page for your driver says:
"To obtain the driver please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect, download and install the appropriate driver for the APU"

Is your Windows Update reporting any errors or does it say there are no updates?