No skill gain

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Banduk

No skill gain

Post by Banduk »

I did about one month no skill relevant action (all activity in 100% skill actions) with roundabout 45 hrs play time. The MC should be dramatically low.

Today I tried to learn (skill 94) with:
15 items lvl 90 (15 pure elements)
30 items lvl 80

As I understood the learning curve, the char should have learned a lot. But there was absolutely no skill progress. Not a single pixel in the skill bar.
What did I wrong?
Evie
Developer

Re: No skill gain

Post by Evie »

Most likely you have done nothing wrong. More times than not, the skill bar does not show incremental changes. Especially for higher levels 90 plus. In my own experience i have seen no progress in the green bar and then get a level. So basically its all there and hits the skill menu at once. I do not believe you have a learning issue, it is just that the skill learning progress does not show incrementally on crafting (unlike fighting skilling). It is like it has to hit a threshold before it is reflected. The mechanics of this are beyond me.
Alyssa El'anir

Re: No skill gain

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

There is also a bug where if you re-log without fully closing the client and launcher, the skill bars wont reflect skill gain correctly. Most noticeable by level 100 skills not being a full green bar but an empty one at random when this bug happens. Example would be if you're an elf and the bug happens you could have level 100 elf language with full green bar but level 100 common with empty green bar, a telltale sign that the bug is in effect and you need to re-log with fully closing the launcher and client.