Factory was not initialized yet

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Alyssa El'anir

Factory was not initialized yet

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

A friend is getting this error. Relaunching has been attempted. Has been logged in after the most recent update of the client.
Nitram
Developer

Re: Factory was not initialized yet

Post by Nitram »

This error points to a problem related to loading the sounds and music.
Did you try restarting the launcher to it checks the files again.

Also please check your anti virus application. Sometimes these mess with the files of the client.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Regards,
Nitram
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

PO Camarisa was also getting BSOD's on this computer given to her, originally windows 7 but possibly could be windows 10 now...and said she had someone coming to her place to help her repair it today. Since she had only tried to play the game it was unclear if related totally to the game or a general problem with the computer.
Camarisa

Post by Camarisa »

A reinstall fixed it. At this point I generally assume it's to do with the computer and not just illarion. Did a few other things to help overall last night, thanks for all the help guys!

Nitram, I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore but I did close out everything and tried to reopen. Even after restarting the whole computer I got this error until I reinstalled.

Thanks!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It in general pointed to corrupted resource files. Not sure how those slipped though.
I have a look at this later. Glad that it works again for now.

A BSOD is something that shouldn't happen due to the client. The only thing the client uses that actually can cause something like this is a massive fault in the graphics device driver. But that is something that is entirely possible... NVIDIA showed that over the last couple of weeks pretty clearly.

Regards,
Nitram