Produce button

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ohiyesa

Produce button

Post by Ohiyesa »

When I try to make bottles by hitting the produce button nothing happens. The produce button lights up but that is it. I do have glass ingots and a glassblowing pipe in my hands. And I am right next to a glass oven
Nitram
Developer

Re: Produce button

Post by Nitram »

There should be a information message that appears in case the production fails to start that tells you why.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

not sure but i remember that my char in former times has to stand at a Special Position to the oven ... may be if you stand at another Position it will work
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

The progress bar will also not display properly sometimes, related to the glitch where your skillbar progress do not budge and are stuck at 0.

This is fixed by closing the client and launcher entirely and restarting.

You can still craft, but it will appear like it does not do anything until the item is actually crafted.
Ohiyesa

Post by Ohiyesa »

There is no message and I have tried all the positions. Nothing displays and gets produced. I tried closing the client and launcher and even restarting my computer.
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

Make sure you do not move your character after the crafting menu appears, as this will render you unable to use it until you close it and use the static tool once more.

And maybe reinstalling the client would help?
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

Fine my character in game and I will try to help you. if all else fails.

one thing I do find as well sometimes the item you want to make looks clicked (( highlighted )) but isn't actually clicked. had this happen to me a few times too. try to reclick it and press produce and should work,
Ohiyesa

Post by Ohiyesa »

Pretty much given up at this point. Maybe someone in development can look into this? If I experienced this issue, someone else may again in the future.

Also, even when I don't have glass ingots on me there is no message that occurs to tell me why the production has failed to start after I press the Produce button. The produce button is highlighted correctly.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Try double clicking
LucyP

Post by LucyP »

When something won't produce for me, it's usually because I've forgotten to actually highlight the item I wish to make. Do make sure you have clicked on the item in the list up top, even if there is only one item, which you wish to have produced. It should highlight with a green bar.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

If you make a bug report for this on illarion.org/mantis (our bug tracker), include details on how to reproduce, and post some screenshots of what you mean, I will be happy to look into it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the issue is exactly based on the descriptions so far.
Ohiyesa

Post by Ohiyesa »

So I use a glass pipe, standing next to a glass oven with a glass pipe and glass ingots in my hands. Production screen pops up. I click on "Bottles" to highlight "Bottles" in green then I highlight "produce" and press "produce". Nothing happens.
Applesauce

Post by Applesauce »

Try leaving the glass ingots in your belt or bag. You dont need to hold them.
Ohiyesa

Post by Ohiyesa »

Tried already
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

This occurs every time that you try making bottles? Can you possibly attach a screenshot, please?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You need to chose a product, not just a category.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Yeah make sure the category drops down should give a list of types of bottles you are able to make then select the type make sure you have the amount of ignots for the amount required to produce the type of bottle. If all as fails find azure he is a bottle maker for his alcohol. He can teach you.
Ohiyesa

Post by Ohiyesa »

Estralis Seborian wrote:You need to chose a product, not just a category.
Ah so that's what it is. Thanks. It should be more intuitive than it is now though. Instead of making it so you have to click a tiny arrow, why not make it so that clicking anywhere along the word 'bottles' will do the same job
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Ohiyesa wrote:
Estralis Seborian wrote:You need to chose a product, not just a category.
Ah so that's what it is. Thanks. It should be more intuitive than it is now though. Instead of making it so you have to click a tiny arrow, why not make it so that clicking anywhere along the word 'bottles' will do the same job
We are actually planning a broad overhaul of the crafting dialogue, eventually.

However, I do like that idea for the mean time. I'll look into it when I have time.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »