Lags

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Pugnacious

Re: Lags

Post by Pugnacious »

My PC only has 4GB of RAM. It uses a bit less than half that just to operate. I also have upgraded to WIN 10. But my Ram does not seem to be maxing out by playing Illa. It maybe uses a bit over 1 GB max. , But that includes all other this I may be doing while playing ( Forums, Twitter, email, FB, Messenger). Illa is not using that much RAM. Heat was a concern of mine. I was overheating, but got a coolplate under now and no longer a concern. I monitor all my temps and processor, ram and video temps and load. All seem to be within normal bounds. I also dont have any trouble logging out/in. And by doing so, gameplay is restored until I reach another high load situation. I do have to re-log twice an hour unless I have been traveling alot, then more.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Arcia, I believe I seen Nitram say in development chat today the thing that is making the .exe file stay in the task manager and hold memory is a Nifty bug. A bug in a program we use but not in the Illarion client itself. In fact, i have had the same bug happen in a couple other games in the last few months. I could be wrong, but hopefully this is somewhat helpful. Its not something developers in illarion can fix right away, rather we are waiting from software fixes from another place.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Pugnacious wrote:When I start the game, all is fine. Moves as it should. Not lightning fast, but I know my connection isn't the best. After some time, it slows a little. if I change maps (transport, up-down ladder, have many monsters) it slows down a lot. If I log out, wait a moment ( one minute) and log back in, It is fine again. I have gotten used to this. I also only have this trouble playing this game. Not with any other apps.
This describes exact I had in past.
I'm cannot remember for 100% sure what we did, maybe anybody helped that time can remember, but I think the following 2 actions solved the issue.

1. Anyhow the built in dynamic recognition what program should use which graphic card did not work. I changed the system settings so that my notebook always use the NVIDIA graphic card instead of the low power default Intel.
2. I updated my NVIDIA driver.

Nowaday I can play 3 hours in a row without a problem. At least without a hardware/software one ;-).