newby rats broken

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

EnderDDT

newby rats broken

Post by EnderDDT »

I'm pretty sure one of the variables for the rats (in the new player dungeon), specifically their perception, is way off. Going in they swarm you with a group of usually 5-8 of them approching from halfway across the cavern. This is way too much for a new player, in fact the next level down is often easier to survive. For those people who want to fight a swarm, it is easy enough to drag the enemies to get one, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the expected default for players first experience with combat.
Evie
Developer

Re: newby rats broken

Post by Evie »

This is not an issue of the rat, but of overall pathfinding and creature perception ingame.
EnderDDT

Post by EnderDDT »

I think that the cretures "perception" score was actidentally set too high. That is the problem.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I don't know the exact details of it technically, but every creature on the map then has the same mistake. This is an ongoing piece of work for all monster that is being worked on.
EnderDDT

Post by EnderDDT »

I guess, then, there shouldn't be so many. When you are swarmed by that many, it isn't "Newby appropriate" anymore. Something neds to be fixed.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Spawns are being modified actually. Already worked on that some. Waiting for someone to put them in.
EnderDDT

Post by EnderDDT »

Thanks, that's good to hear.