Game won't launch

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Alber G

Game won't launch

Post by Alber G »

Like stated, the game won't launch.

I'm running Xubuntu (latest v.). Downloaded and installed Java (both Oracle and open jdk Java 7) , downloaded and installed the client - and when I press play it checks the files and version (yadi yadi ya). After I press play, miraculously, nothing happens what so ever.
First time I tried it mentioned something about my graphics yet nothing specific.

I am new to Linux and have no idea how to troubleshoot it so I'd really love some assitance with this matter!

Thanks,

Vidz!
Achae Eanstray

Re: Game won't launch

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Further on the download page it mentions graphics and linux: http://illarion.org/illarion/us_java_download.php

See if your graphic card supports OpenGL, Shader 2.0 support if not try to upgrade it at the manufacturer's site.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

So I downloaded and installed the Synaptic Packages which inplement the OpenGL modules, libraries, and a bunch of drivers. Still nothing...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

In the directory you set as user directory (default is /home/<yourname>/Illarion/usr ) there should be a error log file. Please send this file to me at nitram@illarion.org

Also I require the specifications of your computer, especially the ones of your graphics card, to be of any help.

Regards,
Nitram