Deleted characters

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Mr.Oldie

Deleted characters

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Since am playing a merchant character mostly.. i would appreciate a list of the characters that got deleted by GMs or players themselves..
Its very frustrating to keep on collecting things or doing stuff for completion of deals for another character which is not in play anymore..
Amnt asking for reasons for Deletion or anything... just the names would do..
If any unsatisfactory replies to this post occurs GM/CMs can delete those posts.. but please i would like a list.. to know who all are "Dead"

Provide the full post-VBU list till now if possible.
Mr.Oldie

Re: Deleted characters

Post by Mr.Oldie »

I did try to use this list.
But it has many problems...
1. case sensitive..
2. Sir names or any other additions to the names needed if its there.
3. Hard to spell names can be difficult

All the above reasons, if one of them is done the list shows up as empty and people could assume that the character is dead...
What i asked for was a list of "Dead" characters... not alive.. :)
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I don't really see why a list as such should be given to you through ooc means, when this is clearly an in character issue to be dealt with as such. It is up to your character to find out whether a person has died, and even if you had an ooc list of these people, it would be a breach of the illarion rules to use this knowledge in the game.

http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_2.php#ooc

" ...It is also not allowed to use knowledge which the player has but the character doesn't. A player has to prove that the character has gained said knowledge."
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

I was told to ask this in OOC by a CM.(or atleast i think he did by his carefully crafted words.. :/)
And the matter of knowing the death of character IG it can be done by RP as you should know by now if u've noticed...
Bronns death was RPd well.. but he was a high profile character..
My intent is to let others or my characters to RP-in the Death of further more characters to create more beautiful or intriguing story line..

Come back to Galmair :p ;) hehe highly explosive storyline going on cos of Bronn lol
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Just like with Bronn, active characters whos players get permabanned, are usually roleplayed dead somehow by GMs. (Or a GM assigns this task to someone appropiate who knew the character). If this is not the case, they usually have good reason.

As for players who delete their own characters or decide to leave the game for a longer duration, it is up to them to leave a message or RP post of some kind of their leave. Most certainly do. I doubt the staff would even have a list of these players, nor if they did have any reason to make it public without the players consent.

Either way, when someone dies or disappears, it can all be figured out in the game and there is no need to go out of character about such matters.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

This is the wrong board for this question/proposal/discussion.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

In any case there is not and there won't be a list of character who left the game that is compiled by the staff.

Nitram