Quest Reward Selection

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ambrosine

Quest Reward Selection

Post by Ambrosine »

I was happy to find my 100th Guild Marker. When the selection screen for the awards came up, though, I didn't get a chance to select one, it instantly gave me 5 cutlery and closed.
1. Cutlery is a useless item and therefor shouldn't be offered as a reward selection - that is simply opinion, however.
2. May I have these removed and replaced with another choice of reward? I didn't get to see what they were, but surely one is better than 10 silver's worth of corroded forks - I'm sure there has to be a silver option.
3. I'd like to know why the window didn't give me a chance to choose my reward.

Thank you for your time.
Athian

Re: Quest Reward Selection

Post by Athian »

Did you happen to move away from the stone when the screen came up? That happened to me once when I hadn't selected a prize and tried to get away from a monster hitting my character.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

I might have. I happened very quickly, so I can't be sure.
Athian

Post by Athian »

That may have been the cause then, I cannot be entirely sure until a Dev rules on it. Just try not to move away from the stone until you've double clicked your choice. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

It is also possible that you clicked the marker stone more than two times: two times -> use the the stone; next click(s) -> select the item
That happend to me once.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Am I to take a lack of response on this matter as a dismissal? I'm a bit disappointed that I've received no PMs or public responses from someone who can rectify this matter. If this isn't a problem that is going to be resolved, as a player that has caused no problems in the past, I should still retain the privilege of an expectation of reply. Or is administrative reticence the new norm?
:|
Athian

Post by Athian »

Ambrosine wrote:Am I to take a lack of response on this matter as a dismissal? I'm a bit disappointed that I've received no PMs or public responses from someone who can rectify this matter. If this isn't a problem that is going to be resolved, as a player that has caused no problems in the past, I should still retain the privilege of an expectation of reply. Or is administrative reticence the new norm?
:|
I see responses here :?

If you find the answers unsatisfactory then I apologize but there is nothing that can be done at the time. As no one was there to see the exact interaction on the client that caused the window to close we can only speculate until we have something that can be reproduced competently and then addressed. What you can do alternatively is report in as much detail as you can on the Mantis bug tracker so that a Developer can rectify this situation for any future case. This has always been an option for players who come across bugs.(http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =3&t=32547)

I do understand your feelings that the reward pool for items is a bit weak. If you have not noticed however the numbers on the stones are going very high. That means there are likely around 1000 marker stones on the map. The reason the prize items at 100 are small is because its not a high mark. The prizes will get better the higher up you go. To avoid the same problem happening again with other stones until any issue can be resolved, try to avoid the following:

Moving away from the stone after the window opens
Rapid clicking on the marker stone.

To your last concern about your prize itself, unfortunately we don't have any compensation policy for missed prizes that's agreed upon by the staff. If its silver you want though find my character IG and convince him to buy your magical cutlery for a gold coin :wink:

Again we apologize for the inconvenience, the problem will be addressed in future patches.

CM Athian
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

That's honestly a much more satisfactory answer. I felt as if my first two questions were being purposefully ignored.

I'm not terribly concerned about the prizes I missed - I feel cheated, in a way, but it's no game-breaker. I'll take the advice here and put it to use. Thank you for the clarification regarding staff policy.

I'm extremely leery of Mantis; I'm afraid of posting duplicate bugs or bugs so similar I'm not sure a new bug report is advisable. I'll try to become more comfortable with it.

I was under the impression that there might be 500 or so stones, considering that the highest Illariontrotter score marks just above 300 and there are some stones inaccessible due to location (like the one in the islette by Galmair's mining club :evil:).

Thank you. :)

(Topic closed, I guess?)
Zak

Post by Zak »

There are ~5XX stones, still doesn't make 100 a great achievement, though. :wink: