Update and Installation failed

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Athian

Update and Installation failed

Post by Athian »

Failed once to update and continues to fail no matter how many times its retried or restarted.

Character Graphics - org.tukaani.xz.CorruptedInputException: Integrity check (CRC64) does not match
Soundeffects and Music - java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Nitram
Developer

Re: Update and Installation failed

Post by Nitram »

I can't confirm any problem with either file.

Please check if there are some left-over files in your binaries directory (default: C:/Users/<your name>/Illarion/bin ). The files I am talking about are NOT in subdirectories and have the file ending .illares

If there are some of those files, remove them and try launching the client again.

Nitram
Athian

Post by Athian »

I don't see any left over files named as such. There are just the two sub-directories "Libs" and "Release" and "Resources.dbz"
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Thats okay. Does the problem happen always?

I just downloaded the files and they unpack just fine.

Nitram
Athian

Post by Athian »

Yes happens the same way every time.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

So it seems something is messing with the data stream. The only thing I could propose is for you to delete the entire binaries folder and try downloading everything again. Or you could hit the "launch anyway" (or something) button when the error appears. In case you did not delete the binaries yet it could still work.

Nitram
Athian

Post by Athian »

I'll give that a try then and see if it makes any difference.

Edit:

Tried, Deleting the bin, no good. Tried reinstalling but received the same error. tried the option of launching anyway, when i enter the game there is no graphic for my character (just a blank spot after the log in animation) followed by a critical error and the client shutting down.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

When I got a similar Issue it helped to start the Cliene from the Webpages "Start Game"-Button. I used to start it from an icon I stored on my desktop, so far. But since I use the Weppage to start the update and installations went succesfull.
Athian

Post by Athian »

@Rincewind

tried that but no difference

I dunno what the issue could be. Shame though i only got to play for a few days. Thanks all for the help. I'll keep trying to get it working on my end, though i don't know whats going on really.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Just to clarify/update

I tired installing and Updating Illarion on my netbook and there was no corruption of the file(though it could not launch of course). I have tried with and without the firewall on, I've tried in safe mode with networking just to be extra sure it wasn't a program blocking it. both the netbook and my PC run windows seven, and both are using the same connection.

I then deleted everything related to illarion at all along with Java. Re-downloaded everything and tired to install. The Installer quite literally downloaded and configured everything with no trouble but once again the file in question corrupted.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Did you clear your java cache like in the generic vbu thread?
Athian

Post by Athian »

I did so and This time i got...

Character Graphics - java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code lengths set
Soundeffects and Music - java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid literal/length code

Alternatively on a second attempt I got the following

Character Graphics - java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Soundeffects and Music - java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code lengths set

I shrug
Athian

Post by Athian »

Got it to work somehow after playing connector wars with my downstairs lan-line and plugging in. After Downloading it seems to run fine from wireless settings again. Don't know why my PC didn't like the wireless settings when my mobile devices were fine with it, but glad it worked.

Thanks Sonara for the randomly thrown out idea ^^
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Those two files are the largest ones in the client bundle. Seems they like to get corrupted on wireless connections. I will think about possible solutions to this problem, how ever do not hope for this any time soon. Usually the http transfer should take care for the error check, for some reason it fails.

Nitram
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

possibly stupid question: Cant you just split the files?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

This is not that easy. The resources are already split up. In items and characters and so on. The characters are grouped in one file because the contained resources are only in one java container file. And the contents of this container file are very difficult to split as they are generated and optimized for better render performance during when they are build. Splitting this is very difficult.

The problem is that it seems that the WLan connections loose TCP packages during transfer. There is next to nothing I can do against this. I can add some more checks into the downloader, so the downloader is able to detect that the file was corrupted during transfer. But there is little I can do to prevent this from happening.

Once I have some time at hand, I will try to add checksums for smaller chunks of data for those large files. So I can detect the problem in a smaller area of the file and restart the download for this smaller file part. However this is rather difficult and currently I got too much other work to do. But I write it on my todo list.

Nitram
maryday

Post by maryday »

I had trouble with this for several days now.
Today a Java error report concerning a similiar problem was sent to illaserver.

"Grafikeffekte - org.tukaani.xz.XZFormatException: Input is not in the XZ format"

After executing the ideas found here (and also a thread below) i finally got a complete download.
The problem is solved.
Thank you very much.