map not saving?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

HolyKnight

map not saving?

Post by HolyKnight »

Any fix for this?
Achae Eanstray

Re: map not saving?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

If you have Win 7 it MAY be scooting the map files into another illarion folder like mine. It also scooted the log files there too if you are missing those. Do a search for "Illarion" and see how many folders you have. If you have one that has two folders inside called bin and usr, check the usr and just move the maps back to the folder in your document file. I tried moving the entire file back and Windows just made another, new Illarion folder. So kept my log files etc. there and just moved the map ones back.

If you don't have Win 7, not sure if above will help.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Just one folder on my machine called Illarion.... there are several map file in there too for my character.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I am looking for this bug like forever! Could you send me your error.log file! I am pretty positive I can identify it using this file!

As short term solution there are map files in your characters directory. Called map_xxxxx.dat. Delete the one that is not saving properly. If its the surface its map_000.dat. But please! Before send me the error log. I really need it to solve this at long last.

Nitram
Viktor Verbaum

Post by Viktor Verbaum »

I am not sure if you have officially isolated the issue yet, but I'm going to send a PM your way with my error log, Nitram. Just today I had my surface map reset (I have not yet had the chance to test if any of the other maps were affected) after an abrupt client crash during transition between floors. I notice some other errors logged as well, though their origins elude me.
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Well, adding to this, my char was going up a ladder and client crash. When I logged back I lost all them map info he had. I don't mind that much but is slightly annoying.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Seems so be a strange crash as the error reporting system does not seem to have kicked in. Or you disabled it.

Please send me your error.log file so I can investigate this issue.

Its located by default at: C:/Users/<your name>/Illarion/usr/error.log

Please send it to: nitram@illarion.org

Regards,
Nitram
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Hey,

The same happened once with me. I relogged twice and all did work properly again.