Repair NPC in RW vanished

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

nathi

Repair NPC in RW vanished

Post by nathi »

See post subject
Yridia Anar

Re: Repair NPC in RW vanished

Post by Yridia Anar »

Last Update - point 2
The previous repair system has been replaced with one revolving around repair kits. Any craft that has products that can be repaired will now have craftable repair kits of various levels.
nathi

Post by nathi »

ah ok. I'm starting to wonder where the focus of the game is, on the RP or on increasingly complex game mechanics that require a lot of time and displace the actual RP.
Medalikarz

Post by Medalikarz »

I think that's a good direction. For someone who deals with this, it will be default. As for the magician, magic, as for the alchemist, alchemy. If you're a mage, repair seems complicated, and as a craftsman, I don't understand alchemy. Ask someone in game to fix your equipment or write a notice on the board.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

nathi wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:11 pm ah ok. I'm starting to wonder where the focus of the game is, on the RP or on increasingly complex game mechanics that require a lot of time and displace the actual RP.
I fail to see how allowing players to simply go to an NPC to get repairs while ignoring any form of RP is somehow the game focusing on RP, while making a new system where players are encouraged to actually seek _each other_ out to reach their goals _through RP encounters_ is somehow against that.

If you had bothered to look into the new system before complaining that the old one is gone, you'd also find:
Repair kits you buy from crafters can also be used on your own, similar to how potions do not require the alchemists that brewed them to be there for you to drink them, albeit with a penalty that eventually forces you to once more make contact with a crafter sooner or later, in order to ensure a good cycle of roleplay is maintained while also giving you what you need to get by when crafters are not around.
In case of emergencies, the repair npc at the hemptie is still available, albeit at the penalty of a quality drop of the item that is repaired. This quality drop can later be restored by a skilled crafter using a repair kit(not a 100% success rate, multiple attempts may be needed), so the loss is not permanent.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

nathi wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:11 pmah ok. I'm starting to wonder where the focus of the game is, on the RP or on increasingly complex game mechanics that require a lot of time and displace the actual RP.
Are you kidding? :lol: The change clearly helps bring players together for RP.

You should read the update notes. The repairing change combined with the new IG messenger system, being able to combine parchments into books, alchemy getting unique potions, hospital bells existing for calling for aid in towns and Troll's Haven being a monster safe zone all have strengthened the RP focus of the game. The devs have clearly worked hard with that exact goal in mind and your complaint just seems really hasty and ill-conceived.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Being pushed to RP with all the negatives in place doesn't encourage new to play in my opinion and will allow older ones to use their worst tools now. However, that is just one opinion on the change (mine) and I'm not saying it is right, just mine.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Personally, I tested the repair kits (and about everything else of this update) on the public Dev-Server and I really like every single of these changes and additions.

The repair kits are a good way to encourage RP-interactions, which should be the main focus of the game. And it solves the issue with "but there was no player online when I needed it". Just stack up on some and when the item cannot be repaired to brandnew anymore, you can still go find them and get it repaired back to brandnew. It's really not that complex and I think it will be easy to get used to.

Especially in combination with the new IG-mailsystem, it makes a huge step to bring chars closer together and isn't that what Illarion should be all about? Char-to-Char interactions?
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Achae Eanstray wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:15 pmBeing pushed to RP with all the negatives in place doesn't encourage new to play in my opinion and will allow older ones to use their worst tools now.
Could you elaborate on these two sentences? What negatives and why are the worst tools suddenly more viable now?
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Just a reminder that these features were on the development server for public testing for a long period of time and players were encouraged to test and provide feedback for them then, something players such as Katharina, Aly and Rakust did for many of them, where feedback was given and changes were made accordingly. It's also much easier to make changes to features when they are still on development for testing, if any such feedback result in wanted changes. Currently, as can be seen on the testing section of discord, anyone who is interested in taking part of the development direction of the game can log onto the development server to test the new housing system that will be part of the next update, which allows players to build their own furniture and housing in designated areas.
nathi

Post by nathi »

hej

It gives the impression that I do not appreciate the work of developers. That is not correct. I can see the work and personal commitment that went into this update. There have been many updates of this kind in the past. And always I read that it is to improve the RP. That may be, but to what extent is the RP still happening? Is it really the staff's view that these technical improvements will bring back old players and attract more new ones? New players will certainly appreciate these features, but they always quickly realize that this game is in a valley of desolation. I've heard a lot of opinions on this, let's call them from "both sides". I don't consider myself to belong to either side and don't want to argue with anyone or accuse anyone in particular. However, I do observe how adamantly the positions are held, and I feel a certain carryover of those positions to the RP that ultimately drove several players away. But this has all been discussed before. I'm just wondering, can we move the game forward in this way? Or will the next update bring the breakthrough?

in peace, nathi