Errors with new client

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Flux

Re: Errors with new client

Post by Flux »

You have a HDTV that runs at more than 60Hz? Are you sure you shouldn't be running at 60?

Especially with a TV, I would really doubt you'd get a higher refresh rate, because American TV shows run at 29.97FPS max (if live action or animated and hypothetically running on the 1s, though most American animation runs at 24fps on the 2s and anime on the 3s).

A monitor and a television are essentially no different other than (potentially) screen size, lack of a speaker and potentially a built in tuner and more external ports.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Who knows what my TV refresh rate is :lol: , however... since the inventory button didn't work on that setting (though everything else did) I changed it back. I am assuming from the posts this is not a bug then.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Well.. that is still buggy if people will try something and their bag won't work.

Can you test a bit more? Does it only stop working at certain resolutions or when you choose 75Hz options?

I wonder if 75Hz should even be an option given the limited compatiblility.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I'll certainly try it at other resolutions later today and let you know. It is strange that only the one thing stopped working at the higher refresh rate. This on two chars. I can also try it on my other chars.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Thanks a lot!

I saw this problem before, but it appeared to happen across all characters. I don't think that's the issue at all, so you needn't try that.
Jeisa

Post by Jeisa »

I had thought that I couldn't open my inventory by double clicking or even pressing "i". This was because I played the game on a higher resolution, opened my inventory on the right hand side of the screen, and ended up reverting back to a smaller resolution. My inventory was, in fact, opening and closing, but it was beyond the reach of the client's allowed resolution. I had to change the resolution back to a bigger one, pull my inventory over to the left side, then revert back to a smaller resolution in order to be able to see my inventory again.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Are you serious?

Is that honestly the cause of the mysterious inventory glitch? That people are running in windowed mode in a resolution larger than their monitor, so the inventory is simply off screen?

Like.. really, guys? The default resolution is 800x600, why would you go in the graphic options and choose a resolution larger than your screen?

.. I'll add it to the solutions post.
Jeisa

Post by Jeisa »

Oh, no. The resolution isn't larger than their screens, I'm sure. I mean the game's screen. My laptop has a huge screen. But I still play Illarion in 800x600 windowed mode. The client opens and closes the bag, but it's basically in that magical, invisible place JUST off screen within the client! So you have to raise the resolution to pull it back to what will be a visible area once you lower the resolution.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Yeah I can confirm that, happened to me too when trying a smaller resolution after having used a larger one where I had put my inventory to the far end of the screen.
Flux

Post by Flux »

AAAAAAH.

So, essentially, the solution is that the client should make a check whenever you change the resolution, and recentre the inventory to a sensible position?
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Indeed. That would solve it.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It does solve it. Sadly the update that resolves this will be delayed a little due problems with my internet at home.

I expect it to be released at the 11th of January 2013 - 7:00am UTC.

Nitram