Diet value issue

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Athian

Diet value issue

Post by Athian »

Today my character ate a Sausages dish made by a player and received the message

Diet values not found not found. Reset to 0.

Has anyone else received this problem?
Estralis Seborian

Re: Diet value issue

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I received similar complaints in the past, so the answer is "yes". There is a Mantis task for this problem:

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=107

One should ask oneself in how far the constitution bonus is really worth all this trouble. This bug persists for years and no one was able to fix it. Removing this feature looks like the most feasable solution to me...
Athian

Post by Athian »

it is rather nice to have a mutable attribute bonus that one can achieve and maintain with marginal effort. It gives a bit more of a feeling of control towards your character and the benefit is actually appreciative. The cooking skills popularity hinges on the con bonus currently, without it players would likely go back to mass apple chomping :wink: . To remove this and leave nothing in its wake might actually be more harmful then beneficial, something to consider.
Estralis Seborian

That's true, so first priority is to fix this problem (pharse?). But if it won't fix, what is the state for three years by now, it has to be removed or redone from scratch. We must not have bugged features in this game for good...
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

If the plated dish was made from a sausage dropped by a foe, would that make a difference at all in the value?
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Uhuru wrote:If the plated dish was made from a sausage dropped by a foe, would that make a difference at all in the value?

That seems highly doubtful. I don't think there is two different types of sausage. One dropped by a foe should not be any different than one you cook yourself...
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I wouldn't think so either, I just wanted to be certain it had been considered.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ Not sure if this could be a related problem but I have found certain items that cannot be stacked with similar items.

Ex. I have a few hundred sibanac leaves that for some reason won't stack with the other sibanac.

So when I collect sibanac and it won't stack into my normal piles, I find it does stack into the other pile. Making it seem to me that they are somehow different from one another...

Maybe the sausage can be different somehow?
Athian

Post by Athian »

I've had full food dishes that have dropped from monsters that don't stack with player made or NPC dishes. In one case I thought i was just mistaking the meat dish (the one that shares the graphic with sausages dish) and the sausages dish but its happened with other items as well from time to time. I just figured they were the same item with a different ID or something.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

So it is possible a sausage dropped by a foe is different and may not have normal values. If used in cooking, perhaps it doesn't give the dish what it needs. Has this been tested? We can test it in game easy enough, lets just do it. We just need to hunt up some sausage, I'm on it!

Athian, I have no idea if the dish you ate was made this way or not. Evie has no way to know, but we usually make our own ingredients. I did ask.
Estralis Seborian

The diet effect has absolutely nothing to do with the properties of sausages you use for cooking.